Author Topic: Anime Wild?  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
Anime Wild?
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:57:13 pm »
Dunno if this is the right place, but I was looking to order some patches and animewild.com has them. however, i've done my research (like a good little consumer) and it seems like it's a scam. It LOOKED legit, but u never know. Anyone shop from them or have any opinions?
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: Anime Wild?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 02:48:16 am »
I was about ready to post that it looked like a scam from the complaints I saw by searching... but then I ran across their Amazon.com page.

They've got literally thousands of positive reviews, and almost all of the recent ones are glowing. But if you dig back into the history, you see that a few months after they started up in 2008 they were getting something like 5-10% bad reviews. Some sound exactly like the complaints that you can find elsewhere on the 'Net - "Never arrived", "Had to file claim for reimbursement", etc - and the seller often posts comments in response that are incredibly defensive and blame either the customer or the shipper.

I don't know what to think. My gut feeling on it is that someone got fired for not doing their job (then trying to hide the evidence or blame someone else), and after that it was smooth sailing.

It's your call, but if it were me I'd be willing to place an order.

(Disclaimer: For clarity's sake, this is just my personal opinion. I'm speaking only for myself; I'm absolutely not speaking on behalf of Kumoricon or as a moderator.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:55:47 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply! I didn't even think about looking on amazon. With that, I think I'll put in a small order, like for only 10 bucks, and see what happens. I'll let you know what happens.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 06:36:32 pm »
...maybe I'll check them out, too.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »
So my sis ordered from them, and 3 weeks later her package came w/o any problems. :) just giving u all an update, sounds like a fine site.