Author Topic: CLAMP in Kumori-Land  (Read 4428 times)

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
CLAMP in Kumori-Land
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:45:09 am »
CLAMP in Kumori-LAND

Sun 11:00am - Sun 12:30pm – Main Events (Heritage – Hilton)

Join Dark Horse Comics, FUNimation, Todd Haberkorn, and long time CLAMP fans who have worked on and read everything from RG Veda and Deyrad to Gate 7, Tsubasa, and xxxHOLiC. Find out what crazy story lines CLAMP is currently working on, as well as delve back through over 20 years of stories and art to where the group began as a team of doujinshi artists.

We'll have prizes for the end of the panel, as well as some great insight from Carl Horn (Editor on many of Dark Horse's CLAMP titles), Adam Sheehan (The man from  FUNimation that made CLAMP's 2006 AX appearance possible), and Todd Haberkorn (Voice talent behind Watanuki from xxxHOLiC). During the panel, we'll show some sneak peeks of Gate7's English release, new artwork from CLAMP, and possibly a few cool surprises as well.

We look forward to seeing you at the panel!

- Kate
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:07:25 pm by mellonemrys »
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: CLAMP in Kumori-Land
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:04 am »
This is a great idea for a panel. Actually when Jeni, Taco & Roget & I were out the other day we were talking about the individual ladies who comprise CLAMP themselves, and the unusual circumstances under which they comprise their work, the mythos about them, their individual quirks. That would be entertaining to hear more about. It would also be of interest to convey the impact they've had not only on artistry, but on the impression of what women can do, both as protagonists and as producers in the art form. You could also reference their reliance on intertextuality and how they have taken crossover to a whole new (and many would say crack) level. Also of note is the vast range of emotions evoked by their material, from the lightest fluff to the darkest despair, and what visual cues they use to accentuate the moods presented via their plots. Then some of the stuff you used to mention when you were on the Religion in Anime & Manga panel with me & Jeni & Guy would be worth including, at least showing the stuff from the art books you used to bring.
Moreover, it's worth tying in the local angle, that they use Copic ink pens & markers for their work, the sole U.S. distributor of which is located in Eugene.
Anyway, how much time were you allocating to the panel? I would think an hour if you are just talking, but at least 1.5 if you start actually showing clips.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:08:59 am by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:49:00 am »
This sounds cool. I <3 CLAMP's art style. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »
I would most definatly go to that panel, and i think it would be great if you included discussions or pictures for Clover. Its such a great peice of work. Maybe something else you could talk about is if some of the stories had specific influences or connections to other work outside CLAMP, because I always find that helps understand a story more with it's context in place.
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:17:12 pm »
I think this is a great idea. :3 I'd definitaly be interested in attending a panel like this. >w> CLAMP does such beautiful and varied work. XD I actually most recently went on a CLAMP reading spree and read as many of their works as I could get my hands on. I'd love to come to something like this!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 01:09:40 am »
for christmas I got my last 2 sets and now and the proud owner of a complete
Clamp no Kiseki Chess Set!!
Except for the 2 that were a japan excusive, and the board, which I might get on e-bay should I ever come into cash
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 10:45:25 am »
VampireFangs103 & Jaz, thanks for the interest! (Sorry I haven't been checking this lately!)

I need to get a panel form put together soonish.
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »
I have the official japan release onlychess board now too
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 07:32:29 am »
I definitely be interested in a CLAMP panel. I own a fair number of their manga and I can probably get ahold of any series you want by Kumoricon (or at least some of it) So if you need/want anything (as I notice you mentioned wanting some of their older stuff) Don't hesitate to PM me, I'd be glad to help.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:40 am »
I would love you forever and ever after all clamp is my favorite artists they got me to where I am today so I love the idea of a panel hell I would love to help if that's alright

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 04:18:43 pm »
I would absolutely love a CLAMP panel. I will definitely come if this happens!
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 12:23:02 am »
I'm glad there is a lot of interest in this! We'll be having a few of our guests on the panel so stay tuned.

Chibachi Nero: I think I have all the materials I'll need, but thank you very much! (I have quite the collection as well ^_~ )
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 01:02:10 am »
I have the official japan release onlychess board now too

Can you bring it to the meeting?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 04:59:56 pm »
Hello, with con fast approaching I have some updates for the CLAMP panel!

It will be Sun morning 11am-12:30pm in Main Events. See the updated top post for more information!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:15:17 pm by mellonemrys »
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:55 pm »
Heck yes I will so be there :D

Offline Kuchiitachi7

• Oni