Author Topic: A new AMV I am working on ... (comments?)  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
A new AMV I am working on ... (comments?)
« on: October 24, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »
Hey, every once & a while *I* get enough free time to crank out my own AMVs...

Here's one for any of you who are curious:

[Link removed by AMV creator]

Anything any of you see that I might want to change or re-arrange?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:43:36 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
Re: A new AMV I am working on ... (comments?)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:14:52 pm »
I really like the concept and I think you executed it well... there are lots of nit-picky pieces of advice I could offer however. You've got a couple ghost frames here and there, a few transitions that I felt were a little too fast or slow, and a couple of moment where a character is talking without syncing which stylistically I tend to avoid but I know that's totally just a taste thing.

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:39:04 pm »
I don't remember enough of the episodes to think of a replacement frame, but the simple (boring) street view at the 1 minute mark (at the chorus "warsaw, city at ...") could probably be replaced by something with more... idk... fire.
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:08:17 pm »
It's a good AMV, I can agree with Raven that it could use a bit a fine tuning.

There's a Ghost frame at 2:03 and I personally feel your sync is a bit off in a few places. At the beginning when she screams her mouth closes before the scream ends and the other one is at around 1:45 when you have the street lights flash in, the first set is close to being on beat, then the second set is totally off beat, It seem a bit weird to me.

The only other thing that's off to me, and it probably has to do with the fact that I haven't seen the source footage, is why is she in a wedding dress at the end? I'll go out on a limb an think it has something do do with whatever is in her hand at the start of the clip but it seems weird to me that the rest of the vid is about conspiracy and revolting against the Nazi's ans then all of a sudden it's like "WEDDING! YAY!"

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:27:21 pm »
Tried to watch; but I don't have "RealPlayerGold". Sorry. Hope to see it at Ory!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »
Tried to watch; but I don't have "RealPlayerGold". Sorry. Hope to see it at Ory!
Go get VLC player, it's free and small.
http://www.videolan.org/

I liked the video, it showed lots of emotion from the song at the right time, and the effects at the beginning were neat.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:22:34 am »
I can try that....
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »
Thanks for all your comments. I next expect to re-tweak on things this Saturday.
 - Please PM me with timing on the ghost frames.
 - I will also slow down the mouth flaps of the men at 1min 13sec.
 - "Warsaw - RISE!" was a pain to mouth-sync with Alice Malvin, but I'll give it another look.
 - End scene: I was trying to have Alice clutch something sentimental; a rememberance of someone
   who hadn't made it maybe; one way to try to pull this off is to superimpose something/someone
   else into the picture frame?

Also, in general: in the setting for Warsaw, I could only really think of two anime: Pumpkin Scissors or Valkyria Chronicles.
Valk has plenty of shooting, Selvaria Bles is hawt, some urban combat, and some tanks, but not many eps in which the people - in mundane clothing brandishing or attacking. In P/S it's a rabble of proletariat types romping against the borj-wah-zee, but for Valk (a) I only have fansubs, and (b) most of the fighting is uniformed soldiers & militia. Not much in the way of the people vs the soldiery.

But both shows have appropriate tech-level and somewhat eastern-bloc-ish setting.
(I don't think a crossover or dual-anime setting would work either...)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:28:42 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »
OK - thanks everyone.

I re-tweaked a number of scenes, and got rid of the accidental "Wedding!!" effect.
I will throw it at AKROSS 2010 - wish me luck!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:43:24 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:33 pm »
I will throw it at AKROSS 2010 - wish me luck!!

I really do think this was a good video, I hope it gets the kudos it deserves :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 10:32:43 am »
Guy, this is what I see on my screen today when I try to go to Megaupload to view your AMV:
"Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:
--Invalid link
--This file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of Service."

Just so you know....

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 04:38:59 pm »
Guy, this is what I see on my screen today when I try to go to Megaupload to view your AMV:
"Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:
--Invalid link
--This file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of Service."
I took the file down because I am entering the final version in AKROSS 201,0 whose rules state that the AMV must *not* made available for d/l on any other sites until Dec 15th of this year. Then I will upload it to AMV.org and send you all the new URL.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 11:46:55 pm »
Can it presently be downloaded from Akross, and if not is it okay to send it to someone specifically?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:48:19 am »
Can it presently be downloaded from Akross, and if not is it okay to send it to someone specifically?
Although I cannot prevent you from sharing it, AKROSS would probably prefer that people not distribute it until 15-Dec-10. In any case, that which you have is a 'almost done but still beta' version. I have uploaded the final version to their FTP.

Now we wait & cross fingers. I don't expect to take top honors - those will usually be won by uber-digital effect techno-party fan-service (and don't forget the mandatory flock of DDR arrows put in just to annoy SOME people here...)

I will make the final version generally available as soon as they consent.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:17:00 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 12:06:44 pm »
Oh! Yay! Good luck!

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 12:52:00 am »
(and don't forget the mandatory flock of DDR arrows put in just to annoy SOME people here...)

I can't decide how hilarious it would be if you added DDR arrows to your AMV... I'm going to go with probably pretty hilarious.

xD Shoot, now I want to make a drama AMV and then randomly tack on streams of DDR arrows just for giggles.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:03 am »
I can't decide how hilarious it would be if you added DDR arrows to your AMV
xD Shoot, now I want to make a drama AMV and then randomly tack on streams of DDR arrows just for giggles.
You could try DDR to another historical WWII tragedy - how about the Bataan Death March??
In any case, your idea definitely sounds RANDOM!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:49:33 am by Prinz Eugen »