Author Topic: Trigun cosplayers?  (Read 4517 times)

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
Trigun cosplayers?
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:51:02 am »
Hey gang!

I'll be cosplaying Milly at the con!  I was just wondering if there will be any other Trigunners.  I'd love to see you guys, even if it is only long enough for a picture.

I'm not from the area and have never been to Kumoricon before, so I don't know what my chances are of meeting anyone.  The cons I usually attend are about half the size, and I'm lucky to see any other Trigunners.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
Re: Trigun cosplayers?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:50:17 am »
I plan on Cosplaying Vash on Day 1 and a female version of wolfwood on day 2.  On day 3 I will be back in my vash and my sister will be in Wolfwood.  We are not the best cosplayers but just having fun.  You will probably see us.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 02:18:18 pm »
I've done Dominique, the Cyclops. If I can find my (authentic, metal) eye patch (from an actual eye clinic), I wouldn't mind resurrecting her. However, it's a tad saucy.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 11:18:00 am »
Eh?  Fem!Vash and Fem!Wolfwood?  I would love to see it!

And it would totally make my day to see Dominique.  Please do. 
However, it's a tad saucy.
All we have to do is make sure Vash isn't around to unbutton your shirt. ;)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:38 am »
All we have to do is make sure Vash isn't around to unbutton your shirt. ;)

;D

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »
Yay, Trigun! I'll be Vash at some point. Not really sure when, but I'll try to find you guys so we can spread some Love and Peace!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »
Yay, Trigun! I'll be Vash at some point. Not really sure when, but I'll try to find you guys so we can spread some Love and Peace!

Nice!

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:40 am »
Do you think we could do some kind of mini meetup?  Then we'd be sure to all catch each other while in Trigun cosplay, and it would be fun to get a group photo. ^_^

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 08:45:12 am »
Do you think we could do some kind of mini meetup?  Then we'd be sure to all catch each other while in Trigun cosplay, and it would be fun to get a group photo. ^_^

If you are Millie on Day 2, I will meet up with you in my Wolfwood in ester park.  Flyinvee11 can you get in your vash on Day 2 and meet in the park?  As soon as they put out a darn schedule I can better tell y'all when i will be there.   If Flyinvee can't make it i would throw my Vash on anyone willing to put it on for a photo op. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:49:11 am by Drauska »

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:01 am »
Sadly my Wolfwood needs more repairs than I will be able to manage in time.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:39 am »
Yeah, having a con schedule would help. ^_^;  Otherwise, I can be Milly any time you like.  It's all good.

Sadly my Wolfwood needs more repairs than I will be able to manage in time.
Aw, sadness. If you feel like doing some Trigun geeking-out anyway, you're free to join us, Wolfwood cosplay or no.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 09:25:26 am »
I do have a cross punisher that I might be willing to bring for a wolfwood to use for photos. It's really beat up but if the photos aren't too close you might not notice.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:40 am »

Gonna bring my cross punisher on the second day.  Got a bit more shaping and sanding, put on a rifle barrel and paint.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 09:51:29 am »
I do have a cross punisher that I might be willing to bring for a wolfwood to use for photos. It's really beat up but if the photos aren't too close you might not notice.
Sure, why not!

I sympathize with your battered weapon.  My stun gun is currently in two pieces. XD  It needs help, poor thing, although I do have a plan for fixing it.

Unfortunately, I won't be bringing it with me.  I'm flying into Oregon, and I'm just not even going to bother trying to take that monster on a plane. *laughs*

@Drauska:  Sweeeeeet! 

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 01:19:06 pm »
Drauska that is a pretty sweet cross punisher. I definitely want to see that when it's finished. mine is the first prop I ever made so I really want to re do it with the skills I've learned since.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 02:16:42 pm »
I'm curious.  How did you guys build your punishers?  Drauska, is yours... styrofoam maybe?  In person I've only seen wrapped-up crosses and always imagined they were cardboard inside.

Speaking of, Zensuke, if a banged up cross is the only thing keeping you from Wolfwood-ing, would you be able to wrap it and go with that?  You could still rebuild it later, but it might let you squeeze a little extra life out of it for Kumori.  Or would that be more trouble than it's worth?  I don't know. Don't mind me.  XD

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 03:30:16 pm »
Mostly what keeping me from doing wolfwood is actually the costume it's self. When I made it I used the cheapest fabric I could find and it's showing after the cons of heavy use. Color is fading and where the fabric rubs and it's starting to fray around the cuffs.

My cross is made of insulation foam which is what it looks like Drauska used. I added the black details with foam board from Walmart and some balsa wood sticks. The handle is a piece of plywood cut to shape, I don't have any pics that show it very well though :/.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »
Yeah I used the insulating foam.  This thing is a monster but really lite weight.  Will have all the sanding and carving done (hopfully) by Monday night.  Will show later.  In the meantime check out the tutorial I'm making for it.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1zDhQFeuxdxOGMzZTQyY2QtMzgxMy00MTNmLTg4ODQtZDAwMGQyMGE5OTQ2&hl=en_US

Once again any good feed back is appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 05:12:41 pm »
How are you planning on doing the Black triangle-y bits? (yeah it's totally a word.)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »
How are you planning on doing the Black triangle-y bits? (yeah it's totally a word.)

Cut out cheap styrofoam from craft store...glue it on with Gorilla glue then seal it with mod podge.  Then paint.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 06:39:18 pm »
Okay then very similar to how I did mine. I'm excited to see it finished.

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »
Do you think we could do some kind of mini meetup?  Then we'd be sure to all catch each other while in Trigun cosplay, and it would be fun to get a group photo. ^_^

If you are Millie on Day 2, I will meet up with you in my Wolfwood in ester park.  Flyinvee11 can you get in your vash on Day 2 and meet in the park?  As soon as they put out a darn schedule I can better tell y'all when i will be there.   If Flyinvee can't make it i would throw my Vash on anyone willing to put it on for a photo op. 

Day 2, cool. PM me when we have a definite time and I'll be there :)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 03:10:46 pm »

Day 2, cool. PM me when we have a definite time and I'll be there :)

won't know until we get the schedule.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 09:53:27 am »
If you don't mind me changing still-Trigun-related topics, the movie is out for pre-order for only $15 on amazon. :3

Just thought I'd get the word out, in case anyone didn't know.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 09:57:24 am »
I did not know. I'm very excited. I saw it when they showed it at sakuracon and liked it very much.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 10:27:49 am »
I did not know. I'm very excited. I saw it when they showed it at sakuracon and liked it very much.

They showed it at the Living room theate last month in Portland....loved it, would like it dubbed instead of subbed.  :-\

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 11:23:52 am »
If you buy it on DVD it's has both subs and dubs.  For some reason, when they passed the movie out to the theaters, they gave some subbed versions and some dubbed versions.

I wish I could have seen it in a theater.  The closest one to me was about six hours away.  I was like, "I love you Vash, but I don't think I love you THAT much." lol

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:37 pm »

The Triangle-y bits are on the cross but for now they are white.  Tomorrow I hope to sneak out to a hardware store and JoAnns fabric to get PVC Piping and mod podge.  Hope to get her all sealed up by Thursday so I can spend the weekend painting.

O yeah, my phone that had my progress pictures on it was stolen last week so my how to tutorial will be missing some steps.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:44:03 pm by Drauska »

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 11:43:09 am »
O yeah, my phone that had my progress pictures on it was stolen last week so my how to tutorial will be missing some steps.

That sucks.  I'm sorry. :(

So do you coat the styrofoam with mod podge and then paint over that?  I'm curious because I've made stuff out of styrofoam before and just painted right onto the styrofoam.  If you know a better way, then I'd love to hear about it.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 12:31:06 pm »
Yeah I put on Mod Podge first (a few coats) then paint, and last one more coat of mod podge.  My sister painted directly onto the foam and when the prop was bumped a whole punch of the paint just flaked off.  The mod podge also really strengthens the foam.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 09:33:44 am »
Thanks!  That's really good to know.  I've had the same problem with the paint flaking off.  (Also, it takes a ton of paint to coat the styrofoam, because it soaks it up so much.  I bet the mod podge helps that, too.)  I was thinking about wrapping the styrofoam in paper mache and painting that, but I like the mod podge idea better.

Also, something random and fun, FUNimation posted a video with a preview of the Badlands Rumble packaging.  Nothing terribly exciting, I mean, it's a DVD case; but still kinda fun.  They do give a shoutout to some of the special features they're planning on including, and, holy crap, there's 140 minutes of it! D:

http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/hey-vash-nice-package-featuring-trigun-badlands-rumble/503811

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:20 am »
^nice....I will look at it at home tonight.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 05:49:05 pm »
Sarahsue your should go to youtube and look up Tainted Doughnuts.  They did a great AMV with Trigun and Cowboy Beebop.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »
I love tainted donuts. So well done.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »
I love tainted donuts. So well done.

and in the end it was Fay Valentine that got him....Loved It!

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 11:48:18 am »
I've seen that!  It's amazing! XD  Someone had way too much time on their hands... and I'm so glad they did!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 08:28:29 pm »
Well due to scheduling I've decided to wear wolfwood on day 1 and vash on day 2 and 3.  Hope to see Millie Thompson.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 06:24:58 am »
Right!  I'll keep my eye out for Fem!Vash then!  As for our meetup on Day 2, I'm good any time after 1pm.  My friend and I might go to church that morning, so just to be on the safe side, we're leaving the morning open for that, and I don't think I saw anything in the afternoon that I absolutely HAD to go to.

Also, I was quite excited to see the Badlands Rumble note on Kumoricon's front page!  I totally want to go to that!  I wonder if I can convince my friend to go.  She's not familiar with Trigun, so if we go, it'll be her first taste of the show.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 07:32:08 am »
Yeah I saw that announcement this morning.  unfortunately I'm already committed to go to the pre con party.   :-\  But I saw it in the theater this summer and it was fun.

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 04:41:08 pm »
Okay, guys, I'm going to go ahead and name a time.  If it doesn't work for anyone, just say so.

Sunday, 3:00, at the park.

If no one has any objections, I'll PM Flyinvee and Rem.  (Someone whose username is RemSaverem, who is possibly cosplaying Dominique, kind of makes my head explode.)

Offline SarahSue

• Cabbit
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 04:43:09 pm »
Had a thought just after hitting "Post."  I've never been to this park before.  Will we be able to find each other okay, or is there a landmark in the park we could use?