Author Topic: Artist Alley Information -- 2011  (Read 211426 times)

Offline SqueekyMoonkin

• Cabbit
Re: Artist Alley Information -- 2011
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2011, 02:52:11 am »
Man o Man I want to apply so badly this yr. Kumori-con just seems so well organized. Hopefully next yr.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2011, 11:04:20 am »
Why not this year?
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2011, 11:06:47 am »
Can I email the form as text, with .jpgs of my signature?

Yes you may.

I have an additional question. If you have some friends who are getting a table too, and you want to be next to each other, should you apply for the 8 foot table together and then split it, or is there a way to request being next to each other?

I would suggest you apply together so I know who is sharing their spaces.

On that note, I was wondering that if we had additional artists this year, where would we find the Additional Artist registration form? Is it separate from the Artist Alley Submission form already available, or is it the same?

You just need to make copies of the Artist Submission forms for how ever many artist will be sharing the space.

If you buy the two tables, will you get 2 badges as well, seeing as though one badge and one chair comes with one half-space? Or do I need to  buy the two tables, and then list an additional artist name with the added cost of $25 for a second badge?

EDIT: Also... will these tables be skirted? x_x

Yes, the tables will be shirted, but you are welcome to bring your own table coverings as well. Each half table comes with one chair and one badge with the choice of purchasing 3 additional badges. Technically you can double this if you get a full table, however, space is limited, so be respectful to your neighbors. :)

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2011, 11:09:10 am »
Man o Man I want to apply so badly this yr. Kumori-con just seems so well organized. Hopefully next yr.

What is keeping you from applying?

Offline Kino

• Cabbit
    • dA
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2011, 02:28:04 pm »
If you buy the two tables, will you get 2 badges as well, seeing as though one badge and one chair comes with one half-space? Or do I need to  buy the two tables, and then list an additional artist name with the added cost of $25 for a second badge?

EDIT: Also... will these tables be skirted? x_x

Yes, the tables will be shirted, but you are welcome to bring your own table coverings as well. Each half table comes with one chair and one badge with the choice of purchasing 3 additional badges. Technically you can double this if you get a full table, however, space is limited, so be respectful to your neighbors. :)

Sweet! Now I don't have to worry about making skirts XD So to be sure, we are to make 2 copies of the second submission form for each artist we'll be sharing a table with? Or two copies of the giant 11 page long agreement?
This is my signature. Bathe in its awesomeness. BATHE!!

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2011, 07:46:07 pm »
Just the part that needs to be filled out and sent in.

Offline Jen-Jen

• Oni
    • Jen-Jen's dA
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »
Is it alright if our description of table set up on the form isn't exact? I've never had a booth in an artist alley before, and I'm still trying to figure out what the best way to set up my table will be, but I want to make sure I get my form in before the due date.

Offline Kino

• Cabbit
    • dA
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2011, 11:15:40 am »
Same with us--we're not sure if we're going to be using pipes or gridwall boxes...
This is my signature. Bathe in its awesomeness. BATHE!!

Offline Jen-Jen

• Oni
    • Jen-Jen's dA
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2011, 07:22:25 pm »
Ah, one more question! Me and some of my friends want to share a table since we collaborate with our work, so should each of use fill out a submission form with the same "business name" on it, or should we all put our names onto one form?

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2011, 09:19:22 pm »
Jen-Jen, my friend and I go under the same business name. We came up with "Rocket Sushi Studios" so on each of our individual forms we've put that. I figure it'd be best in case the paperwork gets jumbled up or something similar.

I think Jen is just looking for a ballpark of how you guys are going to set your table up, too. Kiwi and I drew a picture of what our's is roughly going to look like on our half table.

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
    • my random blog- Life Affairs
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2011, 10:40:39 pm »
okay so I know this has been asked to death but I just wanted to make sure before submitting-

each member of our party has to submit the agreement form ( but only the part we sign for the second person) and we submit 1 proposal paper (the paper that asks for images of our work and our table idea) with both our names on it....Is that right?   And then if we are getting a half table, we include the additional artist pass information on the proposal form, correct?

And do we need to submit pictures for everything we want to sell at our table? Or just a few is fine?  Are we allowed to sell things that we do not include on our proposal form?

Thanks in advance. I just wanted to be sure that I understood everything properly before submitting.
I'd rather be a first rate me, than a second rate someone else.

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2011, 08:24:24 pm »
When do you get contacted about the "OKAY" for the art booth?

Visit my DA! http://butteredtoasttt.deviantart.com/
●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●
K-Con Cosplays ☆ {{Panty from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt<10%> ☆{{Kirigakure from Ao No Exorcist <10%>☆{{Ex-Boyfriend from Just Be Friends <10%>

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2011, 11:25:53 pm »
Sometime after the 30th I would imagine. I'm also willing to bet it will take a while after that since it is a mildly juried event from my understanding.

Offline Airafleeza

• Cabbit
    • My tumblr
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2011, 06:10:38 pm »
Has it been discussed how large artist alley tables are this year? ;^;

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2011, 07:21:17 pm »
Has it been discussed how large artist alley tables are this year? ;^;

Yeah, it's in the contract itself. They're half tables at 4'x2' for $35 each. You can get two of them for a full table of 8'x2'.

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2011, 03:06:55 pm »
Ok so my buddy and I are signing up for a full table.
now the question, she might not be able to get off of work for the Con, would it be possible, when we find out, to say "Oh I only need a half table now," and possibly get a refund and let someone have the other half of the table?

EDIT: also if (gods willing) we sell out early (cause we're both bringing 3d goods which are hard to pack a lot of) is it okay if we close, leaving contact info and such? I'm thinking on Monday only.
I'm planning on bringing supplys to make more items while I'm sitting there, but with finite supplys there's only so much we can bring and sell.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:40:43 pm by majinekochan »

Offline HamstaPowah

• Cabbit
    • Hamsta Powah
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2011, 09:35:09 pm »
Anyone know the status of our applications?

Have accepted notices been sent out?

Or is everything still being counted up?

Curiosity is getting the better of me XP

Please and thank you for your assistance

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2011, 11:09:58 pm »
I haven't heard anything yet either. Same boat as you...curiousity is killing me.

Offline NiMi

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2011, 12:25:46 pm »
Curiosity is killing my friends and I as well.  How do they go about in letting you know you have qualified for a table?

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2011, 05:05:12 pm »
Curiosity is killing my friends and I as well.  How do they go about in letting you know you have qualified for a table?

On, I think it was July 8th, they'll be emailing us to tell us whehter or not we made it :3 Or messaging us in some way like that. It'll probably be by email, I think.
cosplay 2011

Offline NiMi

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2011, 05:47:42 pm »

On, I think it was July 8th, they'll be emailing us to tell us whehter or not we made it :3 Or messaging us in some way like that. It'll probably be by email, I think.

Oh I see.  Thanks ;>  My first year trying my luck at a table and I'm more than nervous about my luck. ^^;

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »
I am currently culling through everyone's applications. :) And there are more that are being picked up tomorrow. So expect to hear something back from me somewhere between 8-10th. I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and patience! :)

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:43 am »
I am currently culling through everyone's applications. :) And there are more that are being picked up tomorrow. So expect to hear something back from me somewhere between 8-10th. I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and patience! :)

Thank you! <3

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »

thanks for your hard work! <3

good luck to everyone and myself 8'D
cosplay 2011

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:09 am »
Spoke with Elvadas this evening. I, for one, do not envy her position. Artist Alley's situation is really tricky this coming year, and she's definitely doing her best given the limited space. She mentioned (like in the above post) that she got a stack of applications that she wasn't expecting. She's working hard to accommodate as many people as she can, though. That I can assure you.

Good luck to all of us to get a table!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:34:38 am by lychee-twist »

Offline NiMi

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »

Woo~! Thanks so much. ;D  Good luck to everyone~ <3

Offline Daws

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:56 am »
So if we haven't recieved an email, does that mean we didn't get a table? or will we recieve an email either way?

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2011, 07:05:30 am »
So if we haven't recieved an email, does that mean we didn't get a table? or will we recieve an email either way?

on the updates page on the main website, they said they'll be sending out an email today :3 I think you'll get one even if you didn't get a table
cosplay 2011

Offline Daws

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2011, 07:25:09 pm »
thanks! I'll go check my email then!  ;D wish me luck!

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2011, 10:54:08 pm »
did anyone get a e-mail yet? i haven't gotten one and im getting worried that they forgot to
e-mail me like last year.. (( Q . Q ));;;;

●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●
K-Con Cosplays ☆ {{Panty from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt<10%> ☆{{Kirigakure from Ao No Exorcist <10%>☆{{Ex-Boyfriend from Just Be Friends <10%>

Offline NiMi

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2011, 10:58:20 pm »
did anyone get a e-mail yet? i haven't gotten one and im getting worried that they forgot to
e-mail me like last year.. (( Q . Q ));;;;

Haven't received an e-mail either.  So I'm unclear about what is going on at this time.

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2011, 11:10:10 pm »
I got one, but it went to my junk folder for some reason. So if you haven't checked there, you might try that. Yours might be there also.

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2011, 11:15:57 pm »
i just checked the spam box and i couldnt find one : ( ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
im scared!! lols
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:42:22 pm by 66stripedboots »

●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Offline lilineko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2011, 11:17:15 pm »
same here, haven't received an email either. But I'm a bit relieved that I wasn't the only one though, even been checking my junk/spam folders too all day. But since seshetazhikaru got it ((curious what time you got yours)) Jen (and maybe others) are most likely still probably working overtime to email the rest of us? I know sending out lots of emails one after another can take a lot of time. There's still like 45 mins left for the 11th, haha.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:32:13 pm by lilineko »
K-CON '14 Cosplay(s)

Pokemon Gijinka Mega Blastoise

(BIG maybe on Drudge Angel from Modest Medusa)

~~~~~

~ACTIVATING ZACK-FANGIRL MODE~
**swoons, sighs & melts into a puddle at the thought of Zack*

Offline NiMi

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »
Yes, I'm curious as well as to what time you received an e-mail. :>

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:25 pm »
Yes, please check your  spam. I ended needing to do two waves of emails. If you do not received an email by tomrrow morning, feel free to inquire. I may have simply mis-typed or was not able to read your handwriting properly.

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2011, 11:48:19 pm »
hmmmm okay i'll just wait till tomorrow morning then since i haven't received my e-mail yet..

●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Offline Inky Brushtail

• Cabbit
    • Inky @ DeviantArt
« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2011, 12:45:00 am »
I sent both snail mail and email, so I hope at least ONE was received.
If three people applied to get a table together, would we each get an email?

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2011, 09:06:08 am »
Not necessarily. You may want to check with those you are sharing with.:)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »
Got my notice! I'm in! Thanks, Jen! I look forward to another crazy year at AA! I'm going to try and make some new things, like cute barrettes for this year. Hopefully some con goers will like them. If not, I'm going to end up with a lot of hair accessories and weird jewelry o.o

Offline Inky Brushtail

• Cabbit
    • Inky @ DeviantArt
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2011, 05:48:29 pm »
So, whether or not I went to this con was going to be decided by if I got into AA or not. Now I have my confirmation, but there are apparently no hotel rooms left. Does anybody have anything that's near by that they can suggest?

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2011, 10:07:30 pm »
So, whether or not I went to this con was going to be decided by if I got into AA or not. Now I have my confirmation, but there are apparently no hotel rooms left. Does anybody have anything that's near by that they can suggest?

Heathman lodge is close by I believe, also there is a comfort inn somewhere around there too I think...
there are also hotels located across the bridge by the airport. Depending on when you get up and drive there and back, traffic shouldn't be too bad...
Or you could try staying someplace more in town and then drive there. There are a few places by vancouver mall that I have seen....I honestly don't really notice them around town...so I'm afraid thats the best help I can probably give.

Sorry.

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »
Just wanted to thank Jen and the staff for the e-mail! I'm so excited! This will be 3rd convention and my first time at Artist Alley...so any helpful tips would be appreciated.  Thanks again! Did I mention I was excited!!

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2011, 08:15:11 am »
Just an FYI- those who still haven't received a reply, I apologize. I have been having emails bouncing, sometimes it takes a day or two to find out that out. :( You are welcome to send me a polite email if you have any questions and I will try to be prompt. It's been one of those weeks where I wish I have an extra set of hands or a robot slave. ;)

Offline JUNKO

• Oni
    • Junktastic.net
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2011, 05:01:44 pm »
I was just wondering, maybe in the future you could offer a paypal that we could pay into instead of sending checks? Sending money and checks via mail has always sort of freaked me out. I understand that not everyone has paypal, but you could offer both mailing in and paypal, I suppose.

Just a suggestion I guess.

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »
I was just wondering, maybe in the future you could offer a paypal that we could pay into instead of sending checks? Sending money and checks via mail has always sort of freaked me out. I understand that not everyone has paypal, but you could offer both mailing in and paypal, I suppose.

I agree with you...the whole mailing money and checks thing always makes me worried...

On that note, does anyone know if we are notified when our money arrives? I would hate to keep thinking that everything is good, only to find out later that the check never made it...

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2011, 01:38:06 am »
Jeeeen, whenever you see this, can I pay you in person? I think it might end up easier for the both of us.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2011, 05:23:09 pm »
Yes, you can. Let me know when a good time is for you.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2011, 05:23:49 pm »
Yes you will receive an email once i get the list from the bookkeeper.

I agree with you...the whole mailing money and checks thing always makes me worried...

On that note, does anyone know if we are notified when our money arrives? I would hate to keep thinking that everything is good, only to find out later that the check never made it...

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2011, 04:40:55 pm »
Yes, you can. Let me know when a good time is for you.

Word.