Author Topic: 1 player games...Online Gaming only?  (Read 4648 times)

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
1 player games...Online Gaming only?
« on: October 17, 2010, 12:21:46 am »
I get really bored playing 1 player games on my ps3(except FFXIII) Its all about online playing for me. When ever I try to play a non online multpilayer game I get bored. I guess I like beating ppl in competition. But I do play 1 player games on the hand helds when am at work(Ds and PSP) because its not like I can take a ps3 there haha. So any ppl have similiar views on this.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:22:48 am by TheDevilsNightmare »

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
Re: 1 player games...Online Gaming only?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 01:44:29 am »
Couldn't live without both.

When I try to decide, it's like:
L4D,
but wait, Harvest moon!
but no, EVE!
But then Mass Effect!
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:49:54 pm »
I very rarely enjoy gaming alone.  There are a few single-player games I enjoy (Recettear, Cave Story, Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights) but I mostly play video games as a means of social interaction.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:04:19 am »
I enjoy games of all sorts really...but don't play online too often. With the exception of FFXI(retired) & the occasional FPS game or 2, most of my gaming is with single player games if not offline multiplayer.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 02:21:44 pm »
Yeah I generally play single player.  If online, it's with friends.  And it's games like L4D, Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Team Fortress 2, Halo 3, etc.  Of course my favorite is to play multiplayer with people in the room.

I generally don't like playing online because some people are serious about the game and I'm a recreational player.  I don't want to go up against someone that has been practicing their strategy for 6 hours a day for the past 45 days. ;<

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 02:43:56 pm »
Yeah I generally play single player.  If online, it's with friends.  And it's games like L4D, Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Team Fortress 2, Halo 3, etc.  Of course my favorite is to play multiplayer with people in the room.

I generally don't like playing online because some people are serious about the game and I'm a recreational player.  I don't want to go up against someone that has been practicing their strategy for 6 hours a day for the past 45 days. ;<
Well said! I work a lot & try to spend my other time with friends & family if possible...so I don't have time to sit there & play for hours on end to make sure my online tactics are perfect.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »
I like single player much more, but I couldn't live without MULTIPLAYER. Online I can make exceptions for, like I could care less about A LOTof them but I can't live withought TEAM FORTRESS 2 or the online feature of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 because if there wasn't the online feature there would be no point of the game with such a small Campaigne.

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »
Idk about you guys but at my house we always play N64 games when it comes to local multiplayer and Snes. In the online status I only play and hour or 2. The only game I can play online is MW2 because ppl always kick me out of tekken Lobbies when I beat them or just kick me out for no reason...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:59 pm »
I, for one, prefer solo playing.  I play to relax.  Some of the best games out there are one-player games.

When I do play with other people, I try to do it for socializing.  This is why I don't like Super Smash Bros.; the controllers make no sense, nobody explains to me how some thigns will kill you that (in my mind) SHOULDN'T, and I swear some people go AFTER ME knowing that I'm a noob.  I don't play socializing games to get my ass kicked; that's not playing.

As for online play, there aren't that many games out there that I like that ARE online games, and those that are I don't do anyways.  This is mainly because my PS2 has yet to be connected to the net, and I'm sure that the few games that I'd consider doing online gaming with are no longer popular enough to even bother with.

I honestly have no real reason to do online gaming.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Sporty_Otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 04:54:30 pm »
i prefer playing against people in person not online
don't expect to hear too much from me

just wanted to drop in and say hi

hi

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 04:59:19 pm »
Hey, Terry.

I agree with you, (which I guess I already said, huh?).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 01:20:25 am »
I enjoy games of all sorts really...but don't play online too often. With the exception of FFXI(retired) & the occasional FPS game or 2, most of my gaming is with single player games if not offline multiplayer.
Agreed ^

China bound!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 02:24:04 am »
When I play against people in person I'm often not competitive enough because I'm too friendly.  When I play online I'm courteous (gl;hf and gg every game) but I don't feel guilty if I play "mean" online.  So for anything I'm playing against someone, I like to play online.  For social/co-op games though I like to play local multiplayer.  Or at least have a mic or headset set up.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>