Author Topic: Camcorders  (Read 3326 times)

Miau

Camcorders
« on: August 13, 2005, 11:54:36 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if we can "shoot live film" and record everything about the convention?  :D  And can we take pictures of everything, too?  @_@  I'm a convention newb, boo hoo!  ALSO, which type of camcorder would be the best?  A MiniDV, VHS-C, DVC, Hi-8, 8mm...etc.  XD  Ack!  OK, thank you!  :3  Also, are there any cheap hotels around the Lloyd Center, or in the downtown disctrict free Tri-Met access area?  I searched Travelocity, Expedia, and Hotels.com and it will cost over $150 for three nights.  T_T  I know, but I'm CHEAP!  >_<  Thanks again!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Re: Camcorders
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:18:28 am »
Quote from: "Miau"
Hi, I was wondering if we can "shoot live film" and record everything about the convention?  :D  And can we take pictures of everything, too?  @_@  I'm a convention newb, boo hoo!  ALSO, which type of camcorder would be the best?  A MiniDV, VHS-C, DVC, Hi-8, 8mm...etc.  XD  Ack!  OK, thank you!  :3  Also, are there any cheap hotels around the Lloyd Center, or in the downtown disctrict free Tri-Met access area?  I searched Travelocity, Expedia, and Hotels.com and it will cost over $150 for three nights.  T_T  I know, but I'm CHEAP!  >_<  Thanks again!

The hotel the con is being held at has a special rate for this convention. you might wanna check that out. I think pictures are fine, and I also think camcorders are fine...but i don't know this is only my second time.

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
Camcorders
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 01:30:35 am »
umm i think pics are good evrywhere but the dealer rooms or whatever

cuz at sakuracon they asked NO PICTURES IN THE DEALER ROOM

ya... i dono why but eh!

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Camcorders
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 03:17:20 am »
Yeah pictures and recording is fine. I think pictures in the Dealers room is okay, I saw a bunch of people taking pictures of Cosplay in there, even the people who worked there. Might not take pictures of the merchandise if I were you though, like I said, Im not sure.

As far as rooms to stay in,  I wouldnt count on it in the hotel the conventions at, those Rooms are going going gone! And I'm not sure about other hotels. I know my friend, forum name Kaoru, is looking for room mates. Look in the forums for her. It should be labled, need a room?

Good luck in your search! And see you at the con!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
Camcorders
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 06:39:34 am »
stying places

BAAAA
sleep on a bench!!!

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Anonymous

Camcorders
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 08:51:17 am »
^^;  OK, thanks everybody!  :D  I'll be sure to bring lots of film to record on.  @_@  Whee!  And is it OK if we interview people?  XD  I'd like to process this junk and make copies for my friends and family.  :D  And have a showing at my college maybe, when the time comes.  ^_^  Thanks again, and I was thinking about renting a bum's box for the night, but he'd just buy booze.  -_-'

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Camcorders
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 11:50:33 am »
There is at least one location you FOR SURE FOR SURE cannot film in, that is the art gallery/art auction. No cameras or camcorders there.

Other than that just be nice and don't get in peopl's faces. i'll probably be bringing my family camcorder with me.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Camcorders
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 12:30:46 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
^^;  OK, thanks everybody!  :D  I'll be sure to bring lots of film to record on.  @_@  Whee!  And is it OK if we interview people?  XD  I'd like to process this junk and make copies for my friends and family.  :D  And have a showing at my college maybe, when the time comes.  ^_^  Thanks again, and I was thinking about renting a bum's box for the night, but he'd just buy booze.  -_-'

i encourage filming at fanfic theatre/ fanfic bedtime stories, but ask each performer before s/he begins performing
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Camcorders
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 06:32:39 pm »
Stuff like AMV's and video rooms I'm pretty sure you cannot film or take pics due to Copyright issues, and in the dealer room I think they don't want you taking pics due to it being fairly crowded and holding up the flow of shoppers. None of this was official con stuff, just my thoughts and ramblings.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-