Author Topic: You know what grinds my gears?  (Read 241560 times)

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Re: You know what grinds my gears?
« Reply #350 on: April 08, 2011, 10:28:39 am »
I'm curious, what would be a more proper channel than the interview process? =/ (For all that the interview process is a lame pain in the @#$)
I really don't like talking about it because these are parasitic in nature and pretty much the only option in crappy towns like mine but temp agencies are the only real way to get your foot in the door. They've worked for me too.

Interested in working at a certain large name company? Go through a temp agency. If you're the real deal, you'll get offered a full time position like I was at every other place. Only problem with that of course is that full time jobs are for suckers. >.>'
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #351 on: April 08, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »
I have a 32 bit Windows 7 OS. Works great. IN fact, the people who made it for me, advised me NOT to go to 64 bit, as there are not enough uses for it, and won't be for a LOOOOOOONGGGGG time. Go get yourself one made just for you, a nice NON-PROPRIETARY machine.

Proprietary computers grind my gears. You can't buy new parts off the rack for them. You have to buy THEIR crappy junk.

Some large outfits have their own temporary workforce. Oregon Cutting Systems, Division of Blount Inc. for example. Worked for me. Was a temp for only 6 weeks, and then I jumped up two paygrades when I did hire on permanent. I've worked with machinery before.

This was a pretty gear grinding free day for me. And it's overtime! And I got lots of stuff done around the house, for a change it seems like.

All the dust bunnies under the bed grind my gears. I have to move everything in the room to clean them. Blargle.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #352 on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »
awe well you go and get those dust bunnehs :D

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2011, 10:13:25 pm »
Having to find a  job, place to live, and a place for ze kitten in a month in a half.

oh wait. That's about 21 days now. Fffff---

-head desk-
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »
Life! RAwR!
<3?

I'm kind of the same for now. Wondering if my next assignment will be any good let alone when it will be and how long it lasts. It seems to start at the one rare morning in the season where I wake up completely disgusted with everything around me and it usually ends a week or two before a local convention starts. This is becoming ridiculous and I deserve to go back to school rather than deal with this garbage. Still, I need to move. The crap I have to deal with lately is awful. I need something to do so that I keep my mind off of it. I'd rather live in Vancouver than deal with it. >.<'

Unfortunately, working and moving are mutually exclusive as long as I'm here.
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »
Coming to work after a week off to see something smeared into the floor where the chair will be, asking what's that? and getting dunno, then the guy I relieve, leaves. YOU PIG! My day has been shot since.sigh
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2011, 06:12:34 pm »
My sunburn itches!!! Wtf? Aren't they suppose to HURT?
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2011, 11:33:21 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears? Infomercials that are filled with people acting like they don't know how to use 'the opposing option' or that it's so difficult. I saw one for some bra and the people trying on 'ordinary bras' were 30 year old women getting caught in there own straps like they have never seen let alone put on a bra before.. really??? If you can't put on a bra by that age how do you function in society?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2011, 03:49:47 pm »
eBay... and PayPal...

They're both full of incompetant morons whom are incapable of operating their own sites!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #359 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:40 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears? Infomercials that are filled with people acting like they don't know how to use 'the opposing option' or that it's so difficult. I saw one for some bra and the people trying on 'ordinary bras' were 30 year old women getting caught in there own straps like they have never seen let alone put on a bra before.. really??? If you can't put on a bra by that age how do you function in society?

Heck.. I can put one on! ;)

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:10 am »
You know what grinds my gears?

Girls who make out with each other for the sole purpose of attracting male attention.

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2011, 05:24:00 am »
Ya know what really grinds my gears? The fact that there isnt a bullet train between bend oregon and vancouver washington.

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears? When my sister takes my clothes and claims they're hers.Then they don't fit when I get them back weeks later(she's bigger around than me :()
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2011, 07:10:57 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears? when my brother lies to his friends about having an Iphone then they all come to me asking for his number and I have to tell them he never nor will ever have an iphone -_-

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »
Ya know what really grinds my gears? Girls whn think that dating someones ex means theyve won some sort of prize. Yea, you won. A 22 year old man that has never had a job and still cries when he doesnt get his way. What a prize! Im totally jealous.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2011, 05:17:00 pm »
you all wannah know waht grinds my gears

When you are workign on something and ask someone for help and they get upset becuse its soposally so simular to theirs that they whine and try to make you put in something you dont want in there and then B word about it and you end up not doing it at all and they tell you how bad they feel adn then the following day butt into a phone call they are not part of and try to controle it and then post on face book and say its a pet peeve with other talk about other people when the person dose the same thing .... thats what grinds my gears

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #366 on: April 01, 2012, 05:17:22 pm »
What grinds my gears is I'm still having trouble finding work and I just found an '83 MKII Celica-Supra for $2500 OBO near me that would be absolutely perfect for an inspector gadget cosplay. It's white, in good body shape, and even has the rear window louvers, but of course I can't afford it  :'(
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2012, 10:05:53 pm »
What grinds my gears is that I can't whistle...and that Hikaru will never be a real boy. Gawd, I hate mah life (jk).
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #368 on: April 20, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »
Well folks it's time this older anime fan to do his grouchy old self again. -Clears throat-

You want to know what grinds my gears. Sur-reality T.V. programs like Jersey Shore and mafiia wives. I mean here we have people who are already some of the worst of the worst, I'm talking the shallow end of the gene pool and they're being placed in these phoney-baloney conflict situation where they behave like complete and utter jackanapes. I meaan WTHSH (WHAT THE SAM HILL!?!?) is the matter with the these people. I knwo we're ina recessi0on but they could at least take time to hire some actors, crew, and writers to tell a good and genuine story. I mean really has it reached the point where T.V. has become so intent on the boottom line that they can only think of using some the most ascinine people on the planet in order to get ratings and profit. And what's worse when folks watch these people they're actually empowering and encouraging them to behave in a mean and dissrespectful way that's shows they have no respect for others or themselves. If you ask me they need to can all these sur-reality T.V., send these vile and vulgar individuals back to the cespools of obscurity they crawled out of, hire some real writers to tell some stories, get some real crew and actors. And from what I've seen more and more of the public are turning against these vulgar pseudo-shows which are an insult to humanity which is a relief. But still, whenever I see the slightest trace of one these things I imemadiately change the channel.And that how I think we can get rid of these shoows by suimply refusing to watch them.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:09:45 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #369 on: March 15, 2013, 09:12:44 am »
There's soemthing else that grinds my gears. I found out a few years ago that i have cat hair allergies. It's frustrating to me because well...I love kitties. they're pompous, they're arrogant, and they're furry and that's part of their charm. I haven't had a cat for many years. And only came to the conclusion that I was allergic when i visited my father and stepmother in D.C. years ago. Doesn't it seem kind of strange, I have cat hair allergies but I like cats.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:31:10 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #370 on: March 15, 2013, 10:21:59 am »
What grinds my gears is loud 6th graders in my K-12 school library making it impossible to focus on my online Latin and Economic classes.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #371 on: March 18, 2013, 09:20:00 am »
You know what (really) grinds my gears: People that think Vocaloid is an Anime. *drinks some Sake*
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #372 on: March 18, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »
That just makes me laugh when they do, because it kinda has become one. There is even Hatsune Mix out.

It grinds my gears when people think Touhou is an anime thoug
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #373 on: April 01, 2013, 09:06:28 pm »
You know what grinds my gears: The fact that my parents don't like to listen to me singing Karaoke on a daily basis. I mean, come on, how do you expect me to be ready for Kumoricon Karaoke? *curls up in a tight little ball and starts bawling, like a baby*
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:56:01 pm by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2013, 11:14:26 am »
REVIVAL!!!

These are from some of my favorite memes.

- When people use their cell phone as a personal stereo in public.
 - People that say SWAG and Y.O.L.O.
 - Fans referring to their team as "Us" when you're not part of the team.  (I'll admit that I've done that before, too).
 - When people call extra innings "Overtime."
 - When you load a page and a video starts playing but you can never find the thing to stop it.
(Some of my own)
 - Nobody in Family Guy seems bothered that so many women are into canine-oriented-bestiality.
 - Iron Man fans saying that I have to read the entire comic book franchise before I am justified in not liking Iron Man.
 - The insistence that Ocarina of Time or Pokemon are the keys to a true childhood.
 - When you're looking for an image on Google and you get three pages of nothing close to your search.
 - People fighting for "equal rights" while denying others the right to have an opinion contrary to their own.
(Back to the meme!)
 - When I'm trying to watch a 30 second video on YouTube and I get a minute long advertisement.
 - My inability to drive stick shift.
(A modified one)
 - When annoying people think you hate them solely because of their sexual orientation.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #375 on: July 23, 2013, 06:14:18 pm »
You know what grinds my gears: A long bus ride, without my iPhone.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2016, 11:20:07 pm »
You Know What Grinds my Gears: Kumoricon 2016 is only three days. Stupid Rose City Comic Con.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2017, 10:47:14 am »
You know what grinds my gears?  People who have no experience with kids pretending to know how I should be raising my child.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2018, 05:05:26 pm »
You know what grinds my gears: Being out of Diet Dr. Pepper.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #379 on: November 19, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »
You know what grinds my gears?  The fact that today is International Men's Day and nobody in Washington or Oregon cares.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #380 on: November 26, 2018, 07:43:19 am »
YKWGMG? People who drive 4x4s or SUVs with high clearance and those extra-tough suspensions - and then slow down for speed bumps.
The whole purpose of that extra $4000-$6000 is so that you can just buzz-blast over them, like deflector shields so you can ignore piddling incoming fire.
(Ensign Worf: "No effect, Captain...")