Author Topic: You know what grinds my gears?  (Read 241579 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: You know what grinds my gears?
« Reply #300 on: December 25, 2010, 07:24:21 pm »
may she rest in peace
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2010, 08:28:15 am »
Awww,  sad to hear she passed. But that sign is awesome. <3
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58:22 am »
This didn't grind my gears per se, but it seems to be bugging me still after half a day. Not sure why.

I was in a video store (Scarecrow) last night, trying to get from point A to point B through a narrow hallway... and a couple are standing in such a way that they're completely blocking it. No worries, I simply pause a moment. They keep standing there even though the husband can see I'm waiting, so I politely say "Excuse me". The wife notices me for the first time, and starts trying to move both her husband and their very large dog out of the way.

As she does so, the very large dog decides I'm interesting and walks up to within a couple of inches of me, sniffing me. I raise an eyebrow. The husband laughs and says, "Oh, don't worry, he's friendly." After a couple of moments with the dog staring up at me, I repeat a little more loudly, "Excuse me." Finally he realizes that maybe I don't want to play with it, pet it, or admire it, and in a huff he jerks its leash back a couple of feet toward him so I can get by.

Generally speaking, I love animals. I think that a lot of species make better "people" than humans do (though personally speaking, dogs aren't really high on the list). But a lot of why I feel that way is that they simply don't know any better, and when they do understand something they usually try to be as considerate as their faculties allow. Let alone mistreat their humans if they fail to win praise as an ego-extension of themselves.  :P
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:33 am »
randompvg: That actually really bugs me too. I own two dogs currently, they're actually show dogs so I have to deal with a lot of dogs constantly when going to dog shows. But I don't let them be all over people, especially if that person really has no interest and I'm certainly not offended when they have no interest in the dog. I don't like it when people push their dogs on other people like, "pet my baby, she likes you." Maybe not everyone likes dogs, and maybe they have no interest in your "baby" so I always keep my dogs away from other people, unless that person does in fact want to pet and say hello to them. It always bugs me when you have no interest in someone else's dog and they act like you've hurt their pride or something. Haha

I also don't like it when couples refuse to move, even when they've seen you. I remember once I was behind this couple holding hands who were blocking the whole sidewalk and I was in a bit of a hurry. I politely asked them to move, they looked back for a moment, then turned forward again to continue talking affectionately to one another. Irritated, I asked again but a bit more loudly, I swear they gave such a hateful glare and finally moved aside. Another couple was holding hands walking towards me on the sidewalk and instead of moving to the side or letting go of each other's hands, they simply lifted their arms, still holding each other's hands, so that I could get by underneath. Really?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:31:51 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2011, 12:30:07 pm »
Having worked in retail, I can relate to people blocking aisles and such.  Most people don't give much gruff when I politely say "pardon me" though.

Also I can relate to the whole animal thing. When I was younger I was terrified by dogs coz I was attacked by our dog when I was like 3 or 4. I think I still have a scar under my eye from it. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2011, 04:30:40 pm »
... they simply lifted their arms, still holding each other's hands, so that I could get by underneath. Really?
I would have started singing:
"London Bridge is falling down, falling down..."

I tend to walk briskly and I also climb steps when riding escalators.
I made up a word - 'obsteculators' - to mean two people who stand side by side blocking my ascent on an escalator.

To those of you familiar with the latest incarnation of D&D, does the cluebat still do triple damage from behind?

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2011, 05:20:26 pm »
^ if flanking and flatfooted, I do believe so.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2011, 10:28:04 am »
I went to Rainbow Optics because my glasses were sliding too far down my nose. They put new nosepads on and now they are sitting too high *and* making my eyes draw into the middle, causing eyestrain headaches and leaving me barely able to work.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #308 on: March 14, 2011, 03:52:03 am »
... they simply lifted their arms, still holding each other's hands, so that I could get by underneath. Really?
I would have started singing:
"London Bridge is falling down, falling down..."

I tend to walk briskly and I also climb steps when riding escalators.
I made up a word - 'obsteculators' - to mean two people who stand side by side blocking my ascent on an escalator.

To those of you familiar with the latest incarnation of D&D, does the cluebat still do triple damage from behind?
It's like Parcheesi in real life. :P

Here's something that grinds my gears a LOT: Lemming mentality.  It really irks me when someone gets some farfetched idea about the economy collapsing, the housing bubble "popping", the world ending, et cetera, a lot of the time as a joke/troll, and suddenly a bunch of people are freaking out and backing up poor decisions with false data and rumors, and you wind up with a self-fulfilling prophecy built on ignorance.  People need to learn to think on their own.  If you can't process information on your own, why have a brain?  Might as well be a robot.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2011, 05:55:31 am »
But I'd respectfully disagree about the TSA officer being "punished", since it was his choice to frisk her.
The idea is that anything is possible. If they think of it, others must have too(this logic plagues me everywhere...), so it becomes a reasonable search priority. Lets say he frisked another guy's hamster and it somehow turned out to be a living IED or a plague weapon? What then? All this security crap is not secure! When I began to fully realize what I was dealing with I got out of TSA while I still could. If anyone here doing that trial has even half a brain they would do the same. It just wasn't worth the $12.74/hr and the heavily worded wall of benefits. O_o It convinced me to stop flying too. I'd rather take the train. It's the only peaceful commute these days but oh wait...There are now really really stupid instances where TSA will screen people coming OFF of the trains instead of boarding them. I'm glad that has never happened to me or I would be seriously pissed. It's bad enough I can feel my heart beating inside my eyelid while standing in line but all it would take is something sharp to knick me in the throat and then several people would be shot in the eye with boiling blood. People would fly into a screaming panic as their faces melt off and several people(including myself) would begin to have a very bad day.

Possibly including a random taser shot...

I really need some horse tranquilizer about now. :/

I've recently heard some fairly insightful stories from those screened in stations on the East coast and these checkpoints are always strategically timed and placed to put you in a very uncomfortable situation against your will, effectively violating your rights and protecting no one. In fact, it puts several people in serious danger. I guess treating people like cattle is the only kind of respect we have for citizens these days. Never mind safety anymore. Oh no that would make too much sense. You've had a taste of my world through the airlines on a side I've never been: the random SSSS(sucker!), though I'm amazed your heart hasn't been darkened to my level yet. I'll give you time... :)

We both know hamsters aren't the real problem here so much as what the human psyche is capable of doing to them. You simply have no idea how sick humans can really be and I hope you never find out. I'm sure you have enough crap plaguing you every other day and don't need to deal with more of it. I know I don't. There used to be a point before TSA where I was pretty close to normal. That was a time where human filth, greed and ignorance got to me pretty quickly because I wasn't used to so much of it. I reached a point where I no longer took anything seriously and that worked for a while. Then it became a chore to maintain that personality and I couldn't justify it anymore. It sickens me to think about how disgusting people can be to themselves, pets, children and others but even though I no longer care about any of them, I'm still tempted to sometimes fix this when I can. It bothers me and I have no idea why.
Lemming mentality.
Ahahahaha! I've learned to accept this. Darwin was right and my pocketbook grows fatter as these mindless maggots continue feeding into the machine of lies. I don't like how it traps people into a singular mindset because I genuinely like what some of these people do with their lives but I need something to separate the sheep from valuable people and I guess observing how they handle these lies is the best screening tool at my disposal. My friendships with weak minds have never lasted more than a few days so testing their mentality against severe levels of stupid works out pretty good. It earned me about 48 friends in PHX, 12 in SEA and recently 2 in PDX. I'd say I'm doing pretty good but this is against thousands of people. That's depressing.
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2011, 06:31:42 am »
That's a whole lot of anger to be expressing. I can't say it's justified or unjustified, since I haven't had to walk in your shoes, but that's a whole lot of anger.

I'm a big fan of the saying "If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention [to what our society and governments have become]", but there comes a point at which it's too much to take. When I hit that point, I finally wised up and completely stopped following American corporate-owned media news... that one thing did wonders for my blood pressure and my sometimes-tenuous grip on sanity. (^_^) The BBC, Reuters, and the Daily Show are all pretty good ways to keep in touch with the world without wanting to do something terrible.

Or, like you wisely did, get away from any other situation that just keeps pushing your buttons. Life is for living, and anything that takes up that much of your energy without giving you a positive return can not be worth it.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2011, 03:13:11 pm »
I don't know why my coworkers feel the need to constantly try and figure out my "personal life." It's one thing to joke around or talk about things with some of my coworkers who I'm actually kind of friends with, but lately people who I haven't even been working with for that long are taking it upon themselves to try and figure me out..... It's not just limited to my work place either. It seems like everyone and their mom is butting into my business.

I do not need people to try and tell me why I'm single
I do not need people to try and set me up with their random friends who are "really nice, but oh he's 35" or "he has some problems, but he's really a good guy."

Also according to my coworker who I've been working with for hardly a month I'm 'frigid.' Which makes sense because someone can totally understand everything about me by seeing how I act in an 8-hour a day fast food setting. YES I MAD. >=[
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #312 on: March 14, 2011, 03:45:02 pm »
That's messed up.

Maybe start trying to set them up? When they react in a horrified manner because they're in a relationship and like it that way, ask them why a person who's not in a relationship and likes it that way shouldn't be extended the same courtesy (of not having others trying to make those decisions for them).

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2011, 03:52:01 pm »
That's messed up.

Maybe start trying to set them up? When they react in a horrified manner because they're in a relationship and like it that way, ask them why a person who's not in a relationship and likes it that way shouldn't be extended the same courtesy (of not having others trying to make those decisions for them).

You. Are. A. Saint.
220% correct.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #314 on: March 14, 2011, 04:07:17 pm »
That's messed up.

I've tried this, and it worked for awhile.... people would try and set me up with every random guy that started at our work and I'd just counter with "Would you like to go on a date with them?" Pretty much every time the answer was "no" and people kind of started to get my point.

Recently though about half of our employees either left or went to other stores, and now all the new people who have come are starting the cycle all over again. It doesn't help that a lot of the people I work with are dating each other so they think everyone should be paired off all nicely....

Sorry I'm rambling.... It's just after 4 years of listening to people tell me who I "need to be dating" and having no one take into consideration how I'm feeling I've just kind of reached a point where I just don't even wanna make the effort anymore. UGH.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #315 on: March 14, 2011, 04:20:38 pm »
If all else fails, start climbing the ladder of Comand. Just from that last post it could damn near be considered harassment. Damn near being key words. Take it to your boss, if they dont do anything, take it to the next level.

Be a b*tch if it means it.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #316 on: March 14, 2011, 05:01:07 pm »
My work doesn't really take things like that very seriously.... in fact my actual boss has participated in it too, especially when it was around Valentine's Day. It's really not as big of a deal as I'm making out to be, but it's just been getting on my nerves a lot lately.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #317 on: March 14, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »
That's messed up.

I've tried this, and it worked for awhile.... people would try and set me up with every random guy that started at our work and I'd just counter with "Would you like to go on a date with them?" Pretty much every time the answer was "no" and people kind of started to get my point.

Recently though about half of our employees either left or went to other stores, and now all the new people who have come are starting the cycle all over again. It doesn't help that a lot of the people I work with are dating each other so they think everyone should be paired off all nicely....

Sorry I'm rambling.... It's just after 4 years of listening to people tell me who I "need to be dating" and having no one take into consideration how I'm feeling I've just kind of reached a point where I just don't even wanna make the effort anymore. UGH.

I definitely like your idea over mine - yours is more direct, and gets the point across a lot better.

This is mean, but you could always ramp it up to the next level... pretend to realize that it's a case of Matchmaker Syndrome.
  • "Awww, that's sweet! I didn't realize you had a crush on XYZ."
  • "Oh, wait, you don't? I'm sorry, I thought it was one of those situations where a person tries to set someone up because they can't admit to themselves they have a crush on them."
  • "So, just making sure I've got this straight - this is a person who you don't think is worth dating, but you think I should?"

If nothing else, I don't think it would take more than once for someone to get the hint. Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with it getting this old, though...  :-\

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #318 on: March 14, 2011, 07:01:01 pm »
In 6th grade, there were a ton of girls that were constantly bugging me to date this one girl.  I did not want to.  I had zero in common with her.  I was not interested in her.  I finally got irritated enough that I pretended to have a crush on one of the girls that kept harassing me all the time just to get her to leave me alone.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #319 on: March 14, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »
Hey, I'm married and all, but you could tell them I'm your boyfriend. Or whatever that gets them to mind their own P's and Q's. I'll lie for you. lol

And you thought 35 was bad, wait 'til you see how old I am! lol

I guess you must have that, so cute everyone must mess with, going on.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #320 on: March 14, 2011, 09:14:36 pm »
This is mean, but you could always ramp it up to the next level... pretend to realize that it's a case of Matchmaker Syndrome.
    Ohhh, you might actually be on to something there. lol. If my coworkers weren't already all dating each other I'd be all over that.

I'm feeling a bit less irritated now after ranting on here, it's nice to hear that people don't think I'm being overly rude or anything. XD[/list]

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
      • Google+
    « Reply #321 on: March 14, 2011, 10:02:50 pm »

Ohhh, you might actually be on to something there. lol. If my coworkers weren't already all dating each other I'd be all over that.

That's what makes it really mean, and makes it even less likely that they (or anyone else) will do it again. ;) Bonus points if you can do it in front of someone else, triple extra bonus points if it's their boyfriend.

I'll admit it, I am pretty thoroughly evil. Voltaire (at the NY Anime Festival in the link) is my hero.
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:25:01 pm by randompvg »

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
      • My Cosplay.com account
    « Reply #322 on: March 14, 2011, 11:22:07 pm »
    You make a good point.... and that video just made my night. *brofist*

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #323 on: March 16, 2011, 05:25:02 am »
    That's a whole lot of anger to be expressing.
    Minor compared to the rest of me really. I'm probably the result of some failed reincarnation or something.
    Or, like you wisely did, get away from any other situation that just keeps pushing your buttons.
    Oh don't worry. It has a way of finding, following and engaging me over and over until I snap back.
    Life is for living, and anything that takes up that much of your energy without giving you a positive return can not be worth it.
    This is what I want but...I don't do that.
    I don't know why my coworkers feel the need to constantly try and figure out my "personal life."
    Because they're stupid. I get this hell at work but at my latest job it's on a ladder that only scales downward.

First off, two problems: I dress nice and look attractive.

Like really really attractive. On a worksite no matter if it's clean or dirty or if I'm dressed like everyone else in the group, I look like "the new corporate/HR guy" that everybody immediately notices and with any luck, this impression makes them all immediately huddle into the farthest corner of the room out of fear that I might be what removes them. I get those kind of comments when I go shopping too. My style is clean but causes this problem of "inflated" popularity. It causes people to pry. I sometimes try and kill this effect by wearing something that completely clashes with the rest of my appearance but this only gives everyone an excuse/topic they use to open me. I'm never interested in anybody or what they're doing but when I greet them they really think I care. I don't believe any of them realize how much I really don't and they proceed to make it a point to somehow get me interested in EVERYTHING they say. x_X

Anyway, every third person on late shift asks me if I have a girlfriend and they all ask if I have any kids! I'm pretty sure I've told most of them a firm no by this point and trailed off with how horrible that would be but then they start prying as to why I don't want kids and they want to know if I think that sounds greedy of me. The last girl that brought this up somehow tried to convince me that it isn't my decision because I'm not really in control of whether that happens or not. Well what the hell is that supposed to mean?! :/
    I do not need people to try and tell me why I'm single
    I do not need people to try and set me up with their random friends
    I don't believe in friends. :/
    Also according to my coworker who I've been working with for hardly a month I'm 'frigid.'
    That's kind of creepy...
    because someone can totally understand everything about me by seeing how I act in an 8-hour a day fast food setting.
    Oh God I'm so sorry! I know work sucks but fast food? I can't do it! (;ω;) I'm onboard the dominating force that gives all the little fast food chains pure unbridled hell for their incompetency and lack of drive in the global market. You're almost cute and it would be a shame to see you go crazy when my business finally makes your work environment REALLY suck. Oh well! <3

*puts on awesomeface and prepares for the next 10 hours of world domination...*
    9 years for me. Cute girls say date. Married ones say never date, period. No one asked them and I want nothing to do with either group.
    I am pretty thoroughly evil.
    DO want! :3

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
      • tumblr
    « Reply #324 on: March 16, 2011, 07:05:43 am »
    Hahahaha, I got a lot of that from the middle schoolers I was directing recently. They all wanted to know if I had a boyfriend, and when I told them "No, but there's a guy I really like" they were all like "OH WHY AREN'T YOU DATING ARE YOU GOING TO DATE ARE YOU GOING TO GET MARRIED?!" Not quite as annoying or as grating as coworkers doing this kind of thing (thankfully a majority of my coworkers are younger women who are all more concerned with other things than dating), but it was still kind of annoying after a while. Then they all wanted to know my opinion on celebrities and how hot or otherwise they were. A popular choice was Justin Bieber. They all wanted to know my opinion of Justin Bieber for some reason.

To make this post relevant to anything other than me rambling to pass the time while I sit in the Portland airport for the next hour and a half, I'll say that the thing that really grinds my gears is when I'm the only creative person on a team of directors, and therefore get saddled with anything remotely artistic on an enormous project (like a musical). Ugh. Also, when people claim your hard work as their own. Not that I'm speaking from recent personal experience or anything.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
      • My Cosplay.com account
    « Reply #325 on: March 16, 2011, 04:35:28 pm »
    My asinine and racist ex-worker is back working for us again...... just when I thought things couldn't get more irritating around here. It's only a few hours into my shift and he's already said about a dozen offensive things, and he threw a lemon at me. Jokes on him though since I ended up eating it and it was delicious.
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:07:30 pm by Dubaby »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
      • Glorious Me
    « Reply #326 on: March 18, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
    My teacher (excuse any missspellings I chuggd a beer on and empty stomach and with my boyfringnd putting food into me and getting slapped I'm starting to sober up)

I worked by ass off on my part for this short flim, and she basically told me to redo a huge chunk of it. I'm exremly pissed off expecially because she thinks its these quick fixes when it's actually another 7 hours I have to put in the damn thingand she donesn't understand.
    WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
    Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #327 on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:15 am »
    Like really really attractive. On a worksite no matter if it's clean or dirty or if I'm dressed like everyone else in the group, I look like "the new corporate/HR guy" that everybody immediately notices and with any luck, this impression makes them all immediately huddle into the farthest corner of the room out of fear that I might be what removes them. I get those kind of comments when I go shopping too. My style is clean but causes this problem of "inflated" popularity. It causes people to pry. I sometimes try and kill this effect by wearing something that completely clashes with the rest of my appearance but this only gives everyone an excuse/topic they use to open me. I'm never interested in anybody or what they're doing but when I greet them they really think I care. I don't believe any of them realize how much I really don't and they proceed to make it a point to somehow get me interested in EVERYTHING they say. x_X

I have an entire collection of metal band t-shirts guaranteed to ensure that no random people will want to talk to you. Try this on and I doubt many people will try to talk to you!  ;D

My asinine and racist ex-worker is back working for us again...... just when I thought things couldn't get more irritating around here. It's only a few hours into my shift and he's already said about a dozen offensive things, and he threw a lemon at me. Jokes on him though since I ended up eating it and it was delicious.

Wow.  You took the whole "when life gives you lemons" thing pretty literally.
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:34:21 am by reppy »

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #328 on: March 19, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »
    I have an entire collection of metal band t-shirts guaranteed to ensure that no random people will want to talk to you. Try this on and I doubt many people will try to talk to you!  ;D
    See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. I keep my style plain as possible. Shirts like this will make me way too interesting to just look at so no. Not doing that anymore.

Oh, and I do realize the irony in that. o_O
    I just have to know how someone can work that fast to set someone off. That's awesome. :3

I'm certain that everyone is a bit racist(especially the Japanese on my Skype that like to bang the call button all day) but it seems like only a handful of girls(and maybe two guys) ever realize that I'm not genuinely sexist. This is a problem. Opening jokes becomes really washy and makes everyone take my intended humor a little too seriously. I need a more sarcastic tone before I start to find offended people offensive.

Mainstream media is somehow getting to me these days. I like how every day is something better about Japan when yesterday it seemed like the end of the world. Seriously, I hate these people that blow everything out of proportion. By that I means Americans that are being stupid. I'm on the West Coast and I sware if I meet one of these idiots that ask about potassium iodide pills because they're terrified of radiation poisons, I will personally reach through space and time to slap the Big Mac out of your fat greasy face you morbidly obese mf. >.<'

Really? *poke* *insert really retarded news post that now drags Canada into this argument...* Really?

Fine...Maybe I should start writing out contracts to make fallout shelters for these guys. Since people don't understand that nuclear plants aren't all the same design or danger let alone anything near that of a nuclear explosive, I should take this opportunity to get as rich as possible. Though I'm not going to lie about being a donation station to aid Japan. I don't know what amazes me more about this. When there's some disaster in a foreign country, there's always a scammer that gets rich off of this kind of massive death. I know a significant percentage of the world would hate that guy if anyone found out who they were but just the same I can't help but not feel bad for the people that get suckered into this crap.

I guess I don't have a whole lot to gripe about today. :/

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #329 on: March 19, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »
    Well, you did a fine job of filling an entire page's worth of text.  ;)  Maybe tomorrow inspiration will strike -- but I hope not, because that would mean bad things!  Try posting in the "what are you happy about right now" thread. xD

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #330 on: March 20, 2011, 05:23:16 am »
    Speaking of filling entire pages with text, it grinds my gears when people pass off contrived opinions as fact.  Almost as much as it does when I'm reading cutlery reviews that aren't even using the knives properly.  As for the entire pages filled with text...if you're friends with me on facebook, you can figure out what I mean there.  Not gonna re-post here because it's not really relevant/necessary, but basically, I just spent the last 4 hours researching tempering, forging, folded steel, knife balance, handle ergonomics, sharpening techniques, and differences in various steel alloys and reading reviews on a variety of kitchen cutlery after spending about an hour at Williams-Sonoma earlier testing the weight, feel, edge, and balance of a variety of the best cutlery money can buy. :P

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
      • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
    « Reply #331 on: March 20, 2011, 10:10:23 am »
    Airheads, my good sirs, are indeed delicious.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #332 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:30 am »
    Airheads, my good sirs, are indeed delicious.
    Airheads can be fun someti- oh you mean the candy. I'm sorry. :3

;D

A horrible lack of communication in times of critical importance really sets me off these days. I can't even begin to describe how much anxiety it causes me and this has been going on for a few weeks all month. I know people are busy but it shouldn't be this hard to get ahold of anyone. Grah! x_X'

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
      • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
    « Reply #333 on: March 20, 2011, 10:22:33 am »
    However, real airheads aggrivate me...
    Especially those girls who act stupid to get a boys attention. D: Like almost all the pretty girls in horrror movies do that, and it gets annoying. xD

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
      • Google+
    « Reply #334 on: March 20, 2011, 12:08:48 pm »
    I completely agree. But if you feel that way, you'd hate growing up in the South... women are expected to act that way, and to a greater or lesser degree they often do. I was never quite sure whether to be more sad or peeved when someone did it to me. :-[

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
    « Reply #335 on: March 20, 2011, 08:13:14 pm »
    I have the wrong eyebrows to let girls act stupid near me. In other words, I do not have a poker face.

Day shift grinds my gears. At least the Monday through Friday day shift does. ARGGGHHHH! Spend an hour every day restoring what they do/don't do. That and just try to calm myself back down, from their miasma of the daily panic! OMG! OMG! OMG!

When in danger, fear or doubt
    Run in circles
    Scream and shout!

Can I get off the planet now?
    Have Fun

Jay

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #336 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:29 pm »
    *** Note: potential Heavy Rain spoilers contained in here, select text below to read ***

I spent 8-10 hours yesterday playing Heavy Rain on PS3.  I more or less succeeded with everything that would impact the story . . except in the final scene, when everything was coming together, I ended up getting 1 of the main characters arrested, and 2 of them killed.  Ugh.  I "beat" it, but my ending was less than satisfactory. ;<

*** Note: END OF POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:16:13 pm by reppy »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #337 on: March 25, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »
    Continuously thinking that I'm hearing my name being called out at Gamestorm, only to see nobody looking at me.

Also, since I'm in the video game room, there's some games that have buzzers.  At first, I thought it might have been the hotel's fire alarms going off. :P
    My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
    My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
    « Reply #338 on: March 27, 2011, 06:23:28 pm »
    You';re mistaking Air head for Aaron? Better than Dave for Jay, I guess.
    Have Fun

Jay

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #339 on: March 28, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »
    It grinds my gears that I'm a dramatic nutcase. :) MY LIFE IS AWESOME. :D

.... I'm gunna go stress-bake some more.
    I miss 2010.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #340 on: March 28, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »
    You need downtime. Stress has been killing me for the past two straight years up until late February. You don't need to go through the same crap that I did. x_X'

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #341 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:25 pm »
    It grinds my gears that I'm a dramatic nutcase. :) MY LIFE IS AWESOME. :D

.... I'm gunna go stress-bake some more.

Make me some more NO BAKE COOKIES PLZ. :D

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #342 on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:26 pm »
    I dont have any oats but your birthday is really soon so I will!
    I've already made two dozen cookies and brownies and my family thinks I am trying to make them fat. Stress-baking always makes me feel a little better.
    I miss 2010.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
    « Reply #343 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »
    I wish I could tell you what grinds my gears. But mostly it would only sound like sour grapes. phhffft.
    Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
    « Reply #344 on: April 05, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »
    I come to work and all the parking spots are full. And they have stupid bulldozers parked in good spots, and only leave me muddy holes to park in.
    Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
      • Glorious Me
    « Reply #345 on: April 07, 2011, 12:33:19 am »
    The tennis club, the gymnastics gym, Papa Murphy's, Edible Arrangements, Rite Aid, and countless other businesses that are giving me interviews but won't hire me.
    WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
    Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #346 on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:22 am »
    For some reason I thought you said Eddie Murphy. >_>  Also, that sounds like what my brother is going through right now.  D:  Good luck!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
    « Reply #347 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:29 am »
    Eddie Murphy won't hire me OR give me an interview.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #348 on: April 08, 2011, 05:18:18 am »
    My CPU is randomly freaking out when I click Youtube pages. I know I've had problems with voltages before but this seems to be getting a little worse. I'll probably adjust something in a few hours or at the next hardlock. One of my friends keep giving me a bunch of **** for using a 32-Bit OS too. We get into really stupid arguments about a 32-Bit OS being incapable of utilizing more than 4GB of memory even though I've been doing exactly that for years. He needs to take his two year CS degree and shove it. While he keeps boasting his "64-Bit greatness" and how inferior I seem to be to his degree, they keep missing the mark and the fact that I don't care about their stupid nerdy garbage and that I'm the only one in our group that doesn't suffer from stupid software related problems and limitations.
    The tennis club, the gymnastics gym, Papa Murphy's, Edible Arrangements, Rite Aid, and countless other businesses that are giving me interviews but won't hire me.
    They won't hire you like that because they're scared of what they don't know. Go through the proper channels. It's crappy but it will land you a job with great places long enough to make a decent paycheck and to keep you from stressing all the time. >.>'

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
      • Google+
    « Reply #349 on: April 08, 2011, 10:09:08 am »
    They won't hire you like that because they're scared of what they don't know. Go through the proper channels. It's crappy but it will land you a job with great places long enough to make a decent paycheck and to keep you from stressing all the time. >.>'

I'm curious, what would be a more proper channel than the interview process? =/ (For all that the interview process is a lame pain in the @#$)