Author Topic: You know what grinds my gears?  (Read 241576 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: You know what grinds my gears?
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2010, 04:24:22 pm »
My friend's 5 year old, upon hearing the song with the chorus "Fly like a G-6" (referring to the private jet), kept singing:
"Fly like a cheese stick, like a cheese stick...."
So cute!

YKWGMG? Those last-minute pre-con jitters that turn tummies into pretzels.

And then having to drive a couple hours alone with those.

While missing my cat every minute.

If only my cat didn't get carsick!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »
I hate feeling like Im under someones shadow all the time

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2010, 10:32:52 pm »
YKWGMG? When people are totally inconsiderate and make you wait around for them just to never show up and leave you all dressed up for no reason on a Friday night... and then decide to act like nothing happened, never call to explain themselves, but have the time to two days later send a generic Facebook event inviting you to their "oh man baller" party at the club coming up chock full of their friends who hate you for no reason.

YES this is very specific, but FFFFFFFFF I'm just so full of RAGE... I'm gonna go breathe fire in the corner now don't mind me.

Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2010, 06:43:41 am »
YKWGMG? Zero at the moment, I'm actually still full of bliss from the huge success of our Creation Station at Orycon!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2010, 07:42:38 pm »
^ AWESOME!!!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »
You're welcome!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:42 pm »
YKWGMG? People who take advantage of others' wounds.

I've known for years about the "God is the perfect man who will never run around and cheat on you" speakers, and how they make unholy amounts of money off their followers. But I'd mostly forgotten about them until I saw a flyer for one of their "inspirational" breakfasts (only $35, not that bad by comparison to many) today at work:

"Getting Intimate With God"

(No, I'm not kidding.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2010, 01:40:24 pm »
YKWGMG? People who pronounce things wrong on TV. Like once i heard an AD for a Mario game, and they said it like Mary-oh. And once i saw an AD for some Avatar: the last airbender product, and they pronounced the A's in Appa's name as you would say int he word "yak".
I don't know why but that bugs me like crazy.

Another things that grinds my gears is when teens (ages 13 to 16 or so) talk about "oh I totally had sex when i was 14(or younger)!" like it's a good thing. In my opinion, people should wait AT LEAST untill they're 18 or over to have sex. Teens now days just can't seem to tell the difference between love, lust, and being in love and that pisses me off because people tend to group me in with said teens.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:00:10 pm by Saki-the-cat »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:08 pm »
You know what grinds my gears? Friends who are inconsiderate and don't realize that when they are out shopping with someone who wants to hang with them, they brush them aside and spend practically half-an-hour on the phone trying to validate a FREAKIN temporary card... Oh, and making them feel neglected by leaving them out of the picture when talking to their bff about the shopping trip. =_=
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:32:09 pm by Fuyuko »

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2010, 11:44:08 am »
^ I think I'm guilty of that sometimes... :'(
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2010, 09:29:03 pm »
^ You are, mildly...

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2010, 04:11:08 am »
^ Hold up, waitaminute... couples are not allowed to post about each other in this thread. Last time that happened, we had to call in Tohru Honda as a mediator. And it took us a week to get the blood off the walls. ;)

FTR, I'm absolutely kidding in this case. (Or in any other case where there's obviously no malice.) But it's true that people shouldn't post about each other here in anger.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2010, 10:25:09 am »
^ Um..., okay?  (Which reminds me, I should hire Tohru to clean my room).

YKWGMG?  The St. Louis Rams!  We're gonna win the NFC West this year!  Even if we have to wait until wk. 17 to beat you guys!

(Actually, as much as I hate the Rams, it makes me feel good that the Rams are doing okay; it gives relevance to the rivalry again).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2010, 12:50:29 pm »
YKWGMG? The vet sold me a med for my cat that was (a)the wrong strength for her weight,

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2010, 06:25:12 pm »
YKWGMG? The vet sold me a med for my cat that was (a)the wrong strength for her weight,
Oh no! Is she okay??
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:00 pm »
Thank you for asking.....She was as of when I left for work this morning *praying*

Apparently my phone from which I had been trying to post gave out while I was mid-message. These were the vet receptionist's errors (it wasn't the vet but the receptionist):
(1) Dispensed wrong size tube of product for pet's weight;
(2) Listed correct size tube on receipt/ charged me for the more expensive-sized product;
(3) SOLD ME A PRODUCT THAT HAD EXPIRED IN JUNE OF 2009.
A YEAR AND A HALF AGO!

So then when I left voicemails with those details what did they do? They left a replacement of the correct dose-- outside in a bag with no name on it on the back porch of the office.

(a) Anyone could've stolen it.
(b) Any random animal could have poisoned itself with it if it bit through the tube.
(c) I didn't get the message for about 32 hours, during which time the temperature might've dropped to the point the product became unusable.

I have to
(1) Find out how low the temp got Saturday night,
then (2) contact the manufacturer to find out if being out in the elements could have rendered the product inert or ineligible for use.

All in all (as Queen Victoria would say in the Doctor Who episode "Tooth & Claw"--best known as the origin of the Torchwood Institute--) "I am not amused."

Please pray (those of you inclined in that direction) or visualize as healthy or send good vibes to beloved KayleeKitty! Thanks!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2010, 02:58:45 pm »
A YEAR AND A HALF AGO!

So then when I left voicemails with those details what did they do? They left a replacement of the correct dose-- outside in a bag with no name on it on the back porch of the office.

(b) Any random animal could have poisoned itself with it if it bit through the tube.
(c) I didn't get the message for about 32 hours, during which time the temperature might've dropped to the point the product became unusable.

I have to
then (2) contact the manufacturer to find out if being out in the elements could have rendered the product inert or ineligible for use.

I think that could warrant a law suit...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2010, 03:56:37 pm »
A YEAR AND A HALF AGO!

I have to

I think that could warrant a law suit...
I'm just going to pray my cat is okay. I got another clinic's receptionist to sell me the product...In fact, when I showed them the expired tube from the first clinic, it was this receptionist who caught that it was the wrong quantity for my cat's weight.

I can't afford a lawyer, nor an extra "get-acquainted" visit for my cat to a new vet.

But needless to say I. Was. Wiggin'.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2010, 06:01:52 pm »
Corporate America.

I just got a call a few hours ago to let me know that there had been a flood at my storage unit. On Sunday. The employees started calling tenants immediately when it happened, but were told to stop by management because they were afraid it might make them liable somehow. The big important management of the company showed up the next day, got all their stories straight, and then left the one person per shift who normally works there to try to call and deal with hundreds of customers. Knowing that people were getting so angry about the delay that the employees were being threatened, no less. (After all, if one of them gets shot, that's why companies routinely buy life insurance on them. Nothing important is at stake, like money.)

So yeah, they finally got to me today, and now I've got books and drawings and papers and old letters spread out everywhere to dry... about a third of the paper keepsakes I've collected over a lifetime are somewhere between damaged and ruined. If they had let their employees keep calling (or maybe *gasp* brought in more people to help them) the first day, even the second day, virtually none of it would have been harmed.

I really, really don't get why society still considers religious epithets and synonyms for body parts and functions to be the most obscene, unspeakably vile concepts there are. 1) This is the 21st century, not 18th century Puritan New England. 2) We have much better words now to describe policyheads who should upsell themselves and go to retail.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:21:51 pm by randompvg »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2010, 10:25:51 pm »
We have much better words now to describe policyheads who should upsell themselves and go to retail.
This put some lube all up in my gears. XD
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2010, 09:48:28 am »
YKWGMG? People who judge baised off of looks. Its honestly the reason why I dress a bit more showy. That and I get awesome support for zeladies, but--

*cell call and then sighs*

I retract my previous to replace it with a new one... my real mom. No matter how awesome the day is, she's either drowning herself in how sick she is, how she has only 3years to live, or putting herself in the hospital. She's rarely a Positive person.

I love her still and worry, don't get me wrong, but when thats all you hear... for pretty much half of your life... it makes you tired of hearing it.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2010, 09:53:30 am »
^ I hear ya...

YKWGMG?  When human stupidity turns an event that SHOULD be joyous into a stressful week.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2010, 10:17:45 am »
Try telling her to stop nesting???

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2010, 10:27:02 am »
I'm referring to the upcoming birth of my nephew.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2010, 10:30:40 am »
I'll explain latter, love.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2010, 01:14:11 pm »
Oh, the nesting thing was about you... ah...

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2010, 07:47:20 am »
"Nesting" is to continously prepare for the oncoming of a child, normally a new baby. Ie, to prepare the home for children.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2010, 11:53:59 pm »
Wait, WHAT? :o

;D Just kidding.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2010, 01:23:01 am »
That's devastating. And I know the feeling. I spent 14 years living in basement apartments. Never got too hot nor too cold and energy bills were reasonable. But each flooded multiple times- one even with sewage (which led to my immediately giving notice). As soon as I left the scumbag tore out a wall in which he'd known there was black mold but never bothered to tell me. Now I have INSANELY high heat bills even though I only heat my cat's room when I'm out and only to 64, and the living room to 60 when my coat, hat and gloves don't suffice to let me sleep.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2010, 12:21:59 pm »
YKWGMG?

Homophobia or Anti-LGBTQ views.

Whatever happen to love and let love?
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2010, 01:07:14 pm »
YKWGMG?

Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2010, 01:55:15 pm »
Just to be clear, my post war a reply to random's. I can't "quote" from my phone. Yesterday was so fun I have no new geargrinding to report, except the sound of lightcycles in Tron: Legacy!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2010, 03:01:01 pm »
YKWGMG?

With that in mind, why not let those who are opposed to LGBTQ's have their opinion and stop labeling them as homophobes?  That's what grinds my gears.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2010, 05:45:22 pm »
That's devastating. And I know the feeling. I spent 14 years living in basement apartments. Never got too hot nor too cold and energy bills were reasonable. But each flooded multiple times- one even with sewage (which led to my immediately giving notice). As soon as I left the scumbag tore out a wall in which he'd known there was black mold but never bothered to tell me. Now I have INSANELY high heat bills even though I only heat my cat's room when I'm out and only to 64, and the living room to 60 when my coat, hat and gloves don't suffice to let me sleep.

Maybe we could combine our posts into "Jerk--- landlords"?  ;)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2010, 07:51:34 pm »
My landlords seem nice. I am praying they will let me proceed. Perhaps they are just waiting to see the papers come in the mail before they reply. I have texted, phoned, and emailed, so I am trying hard not to read into not hearing back....

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2010, 09:51:32 pm »

Maybe we could combine our posts into "Jerk--- landlords"?  ;)

Sounds like you two should report these people...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2010, 10:28:40 pm »
Well the 1 I called a scumbag, I moved out like 7 years ago.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2010, 10:50:03 pm »
YKWGMG?

With that in mind, why not let those who are opposed to LGBTQ's have their opinion and stop labeling them as homophobes?  That's what grinds my gears.
Granted that homophobia is a slang term that gets thrown around too frequently, I do not see how anyone in the world has the right to judge the relationship between two consenting adults. This grinds my gears.

Using the word 'gay' in place of 'bad' or 'stupid' grinds my gears.

And people who needlessly draw attention to themselves for negative reasons grind my gears.
I miss 2010.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:47 am »
YKWGMG?

The lack of Santana DVX in my life.
He's the master of sugar and yeast mixed in a pot and my thirst will never be quenched until I get a bottle.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:17 pm »
YKWGMG?

It's five days 'til Christmas and somehow the only thing I can find to eat in this house is the makings for a freaking quesadilla.

Also that Chris Eccleston only got one series as the Doctor, but that's neither here nor there and he went out well.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:10 pm »
*gives loves for Eccleston* YKWGMG? Envisioning a dream cosplay, then finding out the mask for it would be almost impossible to get. (I'd tried to find an Ood mask to be Ood Sigma.)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2010, 06:43:41 pm »
Rem, if you ever wanted to do an Ood cosplay, you would have to sculpt and cast a mask yourself. As far as I know the only Ood masks that exist are the ones made for BBC Wales by their proprietary creature workshop (and a few made by fans who have done what I've just said, made one themselves).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »
Why is there this thread AS WELL as the "What Are You Mad At Right Now?" thread?  Does anybody else think that this is funny?

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2010, 01:38:48 am »
It kind of makes me angry while simultaneously grinds my gears that the two threads haven't been merged.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2010, 10:41:28 am »
@ Ritchie, yeah. Sigh. Anyone know anyone who could teach me how to do this?
@ Aaron, I think of them as different. I think of things that grind my gears as things that bring forward momentum to an unintended, unexpected, annoying, and possibly hazardous halt. But I can choose how I react to those things. Sometimes, I'm not able to stop myself from reacting with anger, but usually, I either am able to retract anger, to prevent it from happening, or that's just not the reaction that the pet peevy situation elicits. So, I've posted often in this thread, and never in the other thread.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2010, 10:44:09 am »
I think of it more like... this thread is for irritations, that one is for anger. :)
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2010, 10:47:14 am »
Right, like, being pet peeved, vs. being "P.O."d.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2010, 12:26:28 pm »
This thread is more of a "these long-term, persistent things grind my gears" whereas the other thread is more of a "this one-time event made me angry."

YKWGMG?  When people have complaints or suggestions for the forums and don't bring them to the moderators and admins!
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2010, 12:31:26 pm »
^ And that was the answer I was looking for!  Time!

YKWGMG?  Waking up to a massive amount of back pains!  (But seeing my cat curled up into a ball next to my leg makes me feel better).