Author Topic: Doctor Who Group 2011  (Read 68821 times)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
Re: Doctor Who Group 2011
« Reply #400 on: July 24, 2011, 10:45:22 am »
Mostly because we have no idea!
First or third day?
Second day has too much going on.
I have no idea when we could go about having it.

IS ANYONE PLANNING ON BRINGING WHO COSPLAY STILL?
I'm thinking I'll pull together Two, and message Aine asking if she'll bring her Jamie.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #401 on: July 24, 2011, 09:48:00 pm »
I've still not made my frock coat (probably never will eff my life) but I'll still attend as Eight. Mid-Time War Eight. I've gotten rather good at gore makeup, and this'll give me a chance to make sci-fi weaponry and maybe cover myself in gold glitter or something.

I'm up for Day 1 for the shoot.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:49 pm »
Day 1 or 3 works, either one. Susan is nearly done, and I have all I need, it's just a matter of hemming the sleeves for the shirt and cutting the wig. Also lots of crunches, because the pants are a little tight around the waist. :P

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2011, 09:14:18 pm »
lol katie, rory's not gonna be at kcon. I can't bring who cosplay, but I'll come visit the shoot anywaaaays.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2011, 01:10:24 am »
Our panel has been approved. Doctor Who Fandom: Tiptoe Through the TARDIS will be at Kumo '11. Woot! Caitlin, Katie, & me, AFAIK...anyone else?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Clearasabell

• Cabbit
« Reply #405 on: July 29, 2011, 01:59:02 pm »
I'm definitely bringing the Weeping Angel cosplay. Still putting it all together, but progress is being made. :) I was tossing around the idea of putting together a River Song getup ("The Big Bang" outfit), but haven't decided if that will be for this year or possibly next.

Yay, panel! How exciting. I'd be more than willing to help out if needed, but I've never done a panel before (or a con for that matter). And I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to anything pre-2005... I will definitely show up, though. C:

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #406 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:18 pm »
Yes! Panel! I finished my shirt for Susan, so tonight I'll cut her wig and then she's good to go. I'll definitely show up, and if you need any help let me know, I'd be glad to assist in any way I can.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:53 am »
So, since the panel is going to be Monday afternoon, why don't we have the shoot either before or after? I'd be fine with before.

The park with the fish would be fun to get pictures on.

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2011, 11:36:29 am »
So, since the panel is going to be Monday afternoon, why don't we have the shoot either before or after? I'd be fine with before.

The park with the fish would be fun to get pictures on.

I think monday would work well. I'll be wearing my 3rd Dr for cosplay chess but could get together before that.
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »
Could you get together after Cosplay Chess?

Our panel is presently slated for 2pm to 3:30pm on con Monday. Cosplay Chess is currently slated from 12pm to 2:30pm.

I had thought that I had asked for an hour, and was surprised to see an hour and a half.

How much do you think it might hurt the panel to be overlapping with the last half-hour of Cosplay Chess? Are there many other Whovian cosplayers who might want to be part of a photo shoot and/or panel who are in Cosplay Chess?

Caitlin & Katie are listed as the official copanelists. Anyone else is welcome to hop aboard whether at the podium / table of in the audience.

Big questions:
(1) Do we need to avoid the overlap with Cosplay Chess?
(2) If so, *if* allowed to make such a request (and I'm not sure about whether we would be), do I ask that we start at 2:30 but still end at 3:30?
Or that we retain 90 minutes but then go from 2:30 to 4?
(3) Do we want to see if we are allowed to change the event description to specifically mention the photo shoot(s)?
(4) Do we want to have photo shoot(s) during the actual panel, as well as asking folks to time them for before or (IMHO a better choice) after?
(The only things after our panel are pretty much Closing Ceremonies, & Rant & Rave, & cleanup.)

The room is Panel 4 (Cedar) in the Hilton.

Thanks, all.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »
Sure, I could make it after cos chess ~ I'm a timelord after all  ;)

I'm sure you could contact the panels coordinator and ask for your panel time to be adjusted if you want. I'm also doing a panel and they said in the email to look over the draft schedule and let them know about any issues so I would just ask for the time you want.

Since I don't know what you plan to do at the panel I can't really advise on how long the panel should be but if you originally planned on an hour you might just go with that this time around and see how it goes.

Again, you can ask to amend the panel description to include a photo shoot but it may not make it into some of the printed material as it might be past the publications deadline but again you can ask.

For the photo shoot part I think it might be better to have it at the end of the panel that way any late comers can be included.

Hope that helps.
Ja ne
Kato
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Sunarry

• Cabbit
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2011, 07:38:55 pm »
The panel sounds awesome!  :D  So, what do we have to do if we want to be a part of the panel? >.>

Also, I think it's a good idea to have the photoshoot during or right after the panel. That way everyone will already be in a group...ish XD

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #412 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
I'm not sure about doing the photoshoot during the panel, especially if we end up with a one hour time block, since it seems like it would take up most of the panel. Even if we only did a quick shoot, like half an hour, that'd be half of our time gone. But right after sounds good, if people don't mind missing Closing Ceremonies/Rant And Rave. I know I don't. 

Also, what are we planning to do during the panel? It sounds like Rem ran it at a previous con (MEW? Dunno, too lazy to check), what did you do there? Was it mostly educational, just for fun, socializing...? I'm attending no matter what, just curious what exactly we're gonna do.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2011, 09:21:52 am »
Yay for replies!
Ok...
(1) It sounds like the people who are involved in Cosplay Chess will be able to come after the panel. So if the official copanelists agree (that would be Caitlin & Katie), we can just keep the timeslot we have (2pm-3:30pm), with the understanding we may get additional folks in at 2:35 (here's hoping).

(2) It sounds like asking to move the panel to end just before Closing Ceremonies would be inadvisable.

(3) I'm hearing that there's a preference to not turn the panel into a photoshoot, at least not in the event description. What we can perhaps consense among ourselves is that if we naturally evolve in that direction -- i.e., if there are enough people there who want a photoshoot more than they want to perform fanworks or discuss canon & fanon-- that that will be just fine & dandy.

(4) Certainly seems to me to make more sense for our photoshoot to be after than before the panel, both because of chess and because there may be folks who haven't joined this thread on the forums, who will show up in cosplay or at least want to watch or take pics.

(5) Yes, I have run a Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel, twice so far. Last year at the Creation Station at OryCon, where it was standing-room-only in a room with a 55-seat capacity, and at which there were still about a dozen folks who hadn't gotten to speak when the next panel started. Out of this grew two facebook groups, which any of you are more than welcome to join: Tiptoe through the TARDIS and Friends of the Doctor, First Regeneration. Also, by popular demand, our panel will be 2 hours at OryCon this year, instead of 1. Then Caitlin and I, Karen & Robert from OryCon (sempai who used to go to Time Cons), and a girl cosplaying Rose from The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (yay! Squee!), held one at MEW, which was also surprisingly well-attended & festive. There were fabulous 11/Amy-as-Kissogram cosplayers, and Karen floored me by surprising me with her remote-control Daleks!!!

(6) Here is the event description I submitted to the cons. MEW: Whovians, unite! Celebrate and debate your favorite Doctors, Companions,
Monsters, episodes, & snogs, from Classic Who, nuWho, Torchwood, Sarah Jane
Adventures, K-9. Share your fanfic, filks, cosplay, fan art, relics from Time
Cons, comics, games, trivia questions. Recite lines, act out scenes, strut
your stuff & give us your best Captain Jack Harkness flirting. Nothing can
exterminate this fandom! KC: Cybermen, Time Lords, & Daleks, oh my! Bring your cosplays, props, fanfics, filks, fan art, fan videos, trivia, or curiosity, & celebrate or learn about classic & new Doctor Who & related series (Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, K-9). Doctor Who is the longest-running sci-fi serial and has been of great influence throughout the genre's live and animated features. Win prizes for performances and trivia savvy.

You'll notice the very different emphases in event descriptions. That's because MEW was a fantasy con, with a larger sci-fi fandom among attendees. With KC, I was kinda hoping we'd be a welcome-wagon to encourage folks to hop aboard the a new fandom, whereas with Ory & MEW a larger percentage of those at con already are in the fandom. Does that make sense? Has anyone thought about such presentations we could make, as "If you like *this* anime or manga, you'd love *this* Doctor/Serial/monster/spinoff show.....? Anyone have collections of the Whovian comics, such as the one I read from the library that was 2/Jammie/Penguin ?

Offline Lulu

• Oni
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2011, 06:55:48 pm »
I'll be doing my Amy Pond cosplay for one day, not sure which yet though XDD
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:20:08 pm by Lulu »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2011, 08:39:48 pm »
BTW. 3 11/Amy eps were nominated for Hugo Awards (voted on by the multiple thousands of members of Renovation World Con in Reno, to which I won a scholarship). The nominated eps were A Christmas Carol, The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang, and Vincent and the Doctor. I'll post here if any of them wins. They are up against a music video too adult for me to mention on the forums, and against a creative animated short film based on a picture book by an artist who won a Hugo last year.

Also nominated for a Hugo was a book that looks amazing, that I am absolutely going to buy myself before Kumoricon. It is called, and I quote: "Chicks Dig Time Lords". It's a compilation of essays by women in the fandom, including women who were part of canon, such as playing an actress named India who played a companion to 6 & 4 in radio plays.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2011, 10:41:12 am »
Okay.
So.
Photoshoot.
It's going to start after the panel ends.
I'll edit the front page when I get a chance to get on my computer.
I'm excited! :D
It is going to be...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2011, 07:32:28 pm »
Okay.
So.
Photoshoot.
It's going to start after the panel ends.
I'll edit the front page when I get a chance to get on my computer.
I'm excited! :D
:) YAY

Offline chanellelynn

• Oni
« Reply #418 on: August 04, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »
I cant wait to see you all there! Im also going as Amy Pond but i'll obviously be doing my own thing with my group.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2011, 07:55:15 pm »
UPDATED

And chanellelynn,
You can always bro it up with us for a bit. You don't have to be stuck with us for the whole con xD
It is going to be...

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2011, 08:31:03 pm »
LADYFACE, ZOE HAS A LAST NAME

IT'S HERIOT

CAN YOU FIX THAT

:3

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #421 on: August 24, 2011, 09:34:59 am »
OH MAN
I'll fix it when I get home!

I might do an Amy for Kumo, like, day 0 or something.
I really just want to do a River, but me and River wigs don't seem to get along :c
It is going to be...

Offline Clearasabell

• Cabbit
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2011, 03:52:36 am »
I'm really sorry guys... It looks like the Weeping Angel is a last-minute no go... I've got most of it done, but now a major component needs to be redone, and that requires time and materials I don't have left. I'm so frustrated I could just about cry. I put a lot of time and effort into this, and I was SO looking forward to standing in an elevator and scaring the pants off of somebody...

Even so, I'll still definitely come to the panel and stuff. :) And I'll be back next year with an actual working costume, maybe two.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2011, 12:13:57 pm »
Reminder! Everyone, please bring to our panel anything you are up for sharing! Gally memorabilia, trivia questions, fanfics (That's you, LCR~), filks (I'll be singing...You've been warned ;) ), fan art, cosplays of course, toys, props, comics, audio books, Trock (That's you, Katie!), etc. I will have a couple comic books we can give away as prizes.....Just a few....Hope to see y'all there.

Our panel: Doctor Who Fandom: Tiptoe Through the TARDIS. Monday, 2pm to 3:30pm with photoshoot to follow, Panel 4 (Cedar Room), Hilton Vancouver WA.

My #: 541 606 0318 (gets texts). My badge name is Rem, my name IRL is Ellen Klowden.

See y'all there :D
I'm really sorry guys... It looks like the Weeping Angel is a last-minute no go... I've got most of it done, but now a major component needs to be redone, and that requires time and materials I don't have left. I'm so frustrated I could just about cry. I put a lot of time and effort into this, and I was SO looking forward to standing in an elevator and scaring the pants off of somebody...

Even so, I'll still definitely come to the panel and stuff. :) And I'll be back next year with an actual working costume, maybe two.

Definitely still come to the panel! :D Thanks so much!

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #424 on: September 06, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »
I'm so bummed that I missed the panel. Sorry, guys ;-;

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2011, 04:19:29 pm »
It was epic and will DEFINITELY be run again next year. In case you hadn't heard, we had 145 people when we counted -- which was 10 minutes before the panel was due to start.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2011, 06:27:39 pm »
Thanks Tom <3

SORAAA
I kept thinking the whole panel:
"Where's Sora? ;n;"
You were missed.
It is going to be...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »
Actually, throughout the weekend we had 7 of the 11 Doctors running around con. Two, Three, Four, Six, Eight, Ten and Eleven. There's photographic proof of all of them!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline conner44

• Oni
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:41 am »
I was wondering if anyone got a picture of my 10th Doctor cosplay, I was standing on the far left corner of the panel room. so I f anyone has one or has seen one I would be really gratful. Oh and also I thought the Panel was awesome and interesting. Great job!!
YOUR MIND JST GOT ASSULTED BY MEEEE Jeff the accountat of 112 Notigham lane

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2011, 12:23:08 pm »
Thanks for all the pic links and the phrase! I love everyone in this thread! Without you, we wouldn't have brought our panel to Kumoricon from OryCon and MEW Con! And it was fanTAStic!
And will be again :D

So....who can join us for the OryCon panel? Also they're interested in anyone wanting to run a Doctor Who fan table.

Day rate for Friday of OryCon I believe is $20 (<--will try to verify).

We are also holding a Make Your Own Sonic Screwdriver panel just before our Doctor Who Fandom panel.

OryCon is a science fiction/fantasy con. This year's theme is "The Lighter Side of Horror". I can think of a few Whovian eps along those lines.....Love and Monsters, for starters.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »
SORAAA
I kept thinking the whole panel:
"Where's Sora? ;n;"
You were missed.

I'M SO MUCH THE SORRY ;-;

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #433 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »
Just got my pictures up, and I have shots of the various cosplayers at the panel: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2420972841451.140838.1165333601&l=b86002c9c8&type=1
(you'll have to scroll down, they're at the bottom)

Thanks for an awesome time! I was the Toph who couldn't be bothered to fake a British accent while doing quotes. I can only achieve a British accent after 5 hours of watching Doctor Who!  ;D

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #434 on: September 15, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »
Exciting, thanks! Are you by any chance also coming to our panel @ OryCon?

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #435 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »
I've never been to Orycon, that's the sci-fi/fantasy convention, yes?

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #436 on: September 15, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »
Sorry to have missed this at Kumo. But I'll be coming in next year! Likely I'll be dragging my Whovians with me. My boyfriend does the 11th Doctor. I have a friend that does 10th Doctor. He's pretty good at it. I also have a friend up in Everett that I'll be dragging down, she does a Female Regeneration of The Master. Me personally, another of my OCs. The Archivist. XD Totally up for offering full profile of the character, if anyone wants to see how I legitimized her. XP
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #437 on: September 15, 2011, 11:01:36 pm »
@ Tomecko, correct. OryCon is a science-fiction and fantasy con. This will be my 3rd year running a Creation Station there. It's super awesome fun. And it's at my favorite of the Kumoricon con hotels (Doubletree Lloyd Center, where we were in 2005 and 2008).

OryCon is run by OSFCI, same folks who run GameStorm.

Sorry to have missed this at Kumo. But I'll be coming in next year! Likely I'll be dragging my Whovians with me. My boyfriend does the 11th Doctor. I have a friend that does 10th Doctor. He's pretty good at it. I also have a friend up in Everett that I'll be dragging down, she does a Female Regeneration of The Master. Me personally, another of my OCs. The Archivist. XD Totally up for offering full profile of the character, if anyone wants to see how I legitimized her. XP

WOW abso friggin lutely! I want to hear all about The Archivist. Did you compose her for a fanfic? Is there a Whovian RPG or LARP? I would so swoon..... That you are cosplaying an OC is epic. I actually did that last year. Last day of KC, I cosplayed a Summer Court Dryad from a fantasy novel for which I was not the author, but the editor / beta reader.

And OMG a female regeneration of the Master? In what era?

Oh, my, totally going to squee meeting you and your crew. And heck yeah we're gonna need a bigger room....

BTW, if (any of) you are on facebook, feel free to friend add me as Ellen Klowden, and I will add you to our Tiptoe Through the TARDIS facebook page.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #438 on: September 15, 2011, 11:10:34 pm »
I'm Meagen Kiloh on Facebook. And as for my group? Well the female is doing a new regeneration. As for the Archivist? I can provide you with a link to the Dr.Who Rp site I'm a member of. It's called the Whoniverse. You can easily look at it, after seeing her profile. http://whoniverse-rp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=timelords&action=display&thread=5530 , I also have The Specialist, and a Fae. XD LOL. You can see the other links in my signature on that site.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #439 on: September 15, 2011, 11:26:57 pm »
(Added & will check it out.)
I'm Meagen Kiloh on Facebook. And as for my group? Well the female is doing a new regeneration. As for the Archivist? I can provide you with a link to the Dr.Who Rp site I'm a member of. It's called the Whoniverse. You can easily look at it, after seeing her profile. http://whoniverse-rp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=timelords&action=display&thread=5530 , I also have The Specialist, and a Fae. XD LOL. You can see the other links in my signature on that site.