Author Topic: Japanese Live Action Movie  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Japanese Live Action Movie
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:24:18 pm »
This has been bugging me for over a year now so I decided to ask.

When I was in Japan last summer I watched a movie with the family I stayed with while I was ill and I can't remember the name of it.
I am hoping someone here will be able to help me because I really want to watch it again.

I don't remember any names from the movie because it was a year ago but here is what I do remember:
1. The main guy's father was an eyeball with a body. He bathed in a cup.
2. One of the characters (main guy..?) could shoot spikes from...I think it was his hair.
3. It was more of a modern time setting.
4. The main girl was a high school student. (cause that so helps, right?)
5. In the end she doesn't remember who the main guy is and forgets everything that happened.

I can see it all in my head but I can't describe what I am seeing that well. Like, I can see some of the fight scenes in my mind and the ending of the movie when he goes to see the girl again and she doesn't remember him.
Ugh, I wish I could describe this better. It was a great movie and I watched it in Japanese with no subtitles. I could follow the plot by the acting and the little Japanese I know but I would like to watch it with subtitles or something to fully understand it.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Japanese Live Action Movie
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:00:13 pm »
Well, i just typed in "eyeball father" into google and this manga came up called GeGeGe no Kitaro. The discription matched up perfectly into what you said. I also found out that there was a live-action adaptation of that manga, so i'm guessing that's the movie your talking about.

I hope this helps ^^;

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Japanese Live Action Movie
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:34:25 pm »
^ I was wondering if that was the show that was discussed.  They've remade that series several times since its creation back in '59.  Good stuff...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh