Author Topic: Vindictus ~ Action MMORPG  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Vindictus ~ Action MMORPG
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »
http://vindictus.nexon.net/

Anyone tried this game before?  It use of the Source engine allows for interesting things like destroying object or picking them up and throwing at your enemies.  You can even throw your enemies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m4Cm1fDE7Y

Game does have a built in video capture so I took one of the first boss on my first try.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hiFt5KgKM

As for what the game is like....my first thought it is like Monster Hunter in gameplay, but the learning curve is a lot lower.

Note: to play it right now you need a beta key.  I have two if you need one.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
Re: Vindictus ~ Action MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:08 pm »
my first thought it is like Monster Hunter in gameplay, but the learning curve is a lot lower.
Oh MY GOD now you got me hooked, (love monster hunter but really sucked) please pm me a key
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:44 pm »
This game looks like it would be fun to play.  Thanks for the video :)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 02:45:03 am »
Caught my interest when I saw the words "Monster Hunter".  Gonna probably check this out at some point.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »
Caught my interest when I saw the words "Monster Hunter".  Gonna probably check this out at some point.

It is currently down atm as they're getting ready for the Open Beta on the 13th.

But yeah, based on what limited content they have so far, killing enemies for loot to make better gear is in the system, but not as big of a focus.

The fact that the game animate your movements and your taking a hit reminds me strongly of Monster Hunter.  Though, from what I understand, the gameplay changes much more drastically between different characters(classes/weapons). 

That it does take advantage of the physics that the Source engine can do is interesting as well.  In some cases, it can get rather hilarious when you see a boss break down a pillar and the fall debris stuns him.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 02:00:14 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the game as entered Open Beta so all of US & Canada can now play.

Though, download times may take a long time atm.  I presume its due to high traffic since it just went to Open Beta.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:08 am »
Looks like the download is down for now, it just says "coming soon" when I try to click the download link.

Bah, one of the few MMOs I didn't get into the closed beta for, and it actually looks decent. I've beta tested over 200 MMOs, and only a handful of them were decent enough to stick with for any length of time (both free-to-play and pay-to-play).

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 12:37:21 am »
The main page download says it is busy, but if you go to the guide page you can.  When you get to the download instructions it will have a working link to download at the top of the page.  At least it was that or some news page that had a link at the top that worked, don't remember completely.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 04:50:46 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that you can also download it by clicking the "West" or "East" server links. Weird.

Anyhow, I was looking at the Halloween event information and it keeps saying that before you can take any of the quests you have to complete the "Decisive Battle". Is this a quest or something? Anyone know what level it is? I'd like to be able to poke around in the Halloween event, it sounds kind of fun.

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 06:12:42 pm »
I play it a bit right now..My name are a bit funny on it..Whiplasher (I randomly was obsessed with a band for one night and named myself it..) and Kallika

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »
Decisive Battle is a level/stage.
It is where you face the first major boss, the Chief Red Gnoll. The big red guy with the big freakin sledgehammer.

I can be found on the West server under the name Angelle(a Fiona).
I do plan on making an Evie when she becomes available.

Something I think everyone may find humorous is I had a kobold Dropped a Bridge on me!  Luckily, I had near full health so I still survived with about 300 HP.  However, we had taken a no potions oath.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:15:14 pm by Seraph »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 01:57:48 am »
Just wanted to post a FYI that Vindictus have a Double X each day until the 18th
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00Aes

And ck out Karok gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqDq2tLZtz4
Gets really interesting after 1:40....where he starts grabbing/counter bosses!!!  :o