Poll

Would you pay the $60+ for Final Fantasy VII if it was re-made (graphics, voice acting & all...no changes/butchering of story allowed though) for todays consoles?

Absolutey! YES!! YEESSS!!! *Drools & hands over wallet*
I would if I had a next-gen console.
Maybe when it's used &/or cheaper...
No. Waste of money...already played that one.
What's Final Fantasy?

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII  (Read 11969 times)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
Final Fantasy VII
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:28 am »
I know this is only a dream to most people...but for my own curiousity & entertainment, I would like to see peoples answers on this one. Am I the only person out that there believes Square-Enix could easily make a profit off the same game a second time through?

Offline mini-man

• Sailor Scout
Re: Final Fantasy VII
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:16 pm »
I'd buy it used.
You may not realise it but you already know me.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:11:31 pm »
IT would take so long to make though. Comparing to how long the original and if they improved the graphics for the next gen. I heard they might make it for the next console and a early release for it just like they did for the original VII and PS1.

If it goes for PS3 or PC IM GETTING IT BELIEVE IT.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:13:22 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »
Man, that sounds like a terrible idea.

Well if all they did was make it new and shiney. The ATB battle system is really slow. It'll get boring quick.

So unless they completely remake the battle system, it's not worth the time or money.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:13:46 pm »
I think its blasphemy to ruin a good classic game by trying to "soup up" the already fitting battle system. Leave it all as it was originally & I am game. I can still put in FFVII & be entertained from beginning to end...then want to play it again right after that. ♥ it

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:45:39 pm »
They need to rename FIRE1 and FIRE2 and stuff like that to FIRE and FIRA.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 06:21:16 pm »
They need to rename FIRE1 and FIRE2 and stuff like that to FIRE and FIRA.
NO! NO! & NO AGAIN!! Changes like that are prohibited!!!!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 06:47:31 pm »
As cool the idea is, I don't think its really necessary to remake it.

If they did remake it, I would most likely buy into the hype, purchase it day 1, then never really get around to playing much of it. I'd want it, but I don't really have the time or the desire to go back and play through FF7.
Team Koga

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 09:33:48 pm »
Ah. Myself, I have played through that game many times & still crave a playthrough here & there.

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 11:55:15 pm »
I'm still playing this game since I started in 2002 when I could hold a controller and kinda read.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 05:13:18 am »
Come on gamers...need more votes! So far it looks like 75% of people would buy this game.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 11:59:45 pm »
Chris you and me talked about this already so you know were I stand. At least you should

China bound!!!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 08:06:51 pm »
Chris you and me talked about this already so you know were I stand. At least you should
I have no doubts in your choice either bro! :D

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »
Personally I don't think this game needs to be remade. If any Final Fantasy needs to be remade, its Final Fantasy VI. After they've gone through bringing the ones before 3D up to speed (I through VI), they need to focus on making new ones. Preferably ones that aren't MMOs. I'm looking at you, XIV! YOU'RE JUST LIKE XI, NOT A TRUE FF GAME!!! *ends nerd rage*

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 01:52:04 pm »
FFXI actually had multiple storylines that were truly amazing...even left you with that sad feeling you always get at the end of a FF game because of how fun it was & knowing that it's over. My G/F & I played it for years & had a lot of fun. If you went through the missions to progress each of the stories, it was a wonderful experience (Chains of Promathia being one of my favorites). Sucks that you didn't have the same experience. :(

I wouldn't be against a remake of FFVI either, being as that is at the top of my list for FF favorites. But I still like the idea of FFVII being all voice acted & pretty.

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »
I would buy a remake.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 11:39:56 pm »
To be honest 14 looks like fun but that is coming from someone who has never played an mmo

China bound!!!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 07:53:10 am »
I will probably pick up my copy of FF14 soon...my only issue with another FF MMO is the lack of time I have now days. I have been talking to my FFXI linkshell members that bought it though & there are still some issues that need smoothed out.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 12:19:08 pm »
This is actually an impassioned rant that I've gone on I-don't-know-how-many-times myself.  ;)

For years, it's been nice to fantasize about what could have been if they just remade it instead of milking their cash cow with (apologies to anyone who liked them) lame derivative after lame derivative. Hey guys, here's a Final Fantasy 7... movie! Okay, now we're serious, we'll release an FF7... cell phone game! Ok, this time we mean it. Here's a new FF7 game for you to buy!... but it's actually a lame third-person shooter that has virtually nothing to do with FF7. So we'll give you an FF7... prequel game! No? Okay, this time we'll sell you a remade "complete" edition of the FF7... movie! What? Why are you looking at us like that?

Mind you, I'm actually skipping some examples in the interest of brevity. You get the idea - they love playing Lucy to our Charlie Brown, with a hypothetical FF7 remake being the football.

They finally had the courtesy to put the last nail in the coffin last year, with the FF13 director explaining that they'd decided a remake would have to have the same graphics as FF13 and therefore would be prohibitively expensive. Nice logic, guys. But thank you for at least having the courtesy to be honest about it, rather than jerking us around one more time.

...then the CEO announced at a release party this March that they're "going to explore the possibility [of a remake]". *facepalm*

Yes, I'd love such a hypothetical game. I might even buy a PS3 to play it. But you'd have better odds waiting to gain superpowers and a harem of cute girls than you would waiting for that announcement to ever turn into something besides more sucker bait.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 02:51:26 pm »
This is actually an impassioned rant that I've gone on I-don't-know-how-many-times myself.  ;)

For years, it's been nice to fantasize about what could have been if they just remade it instead of milking their cash cow with (apologies to anyone who liked them) lame derivative after lame derivative. Hey guys, here's a Final Fantasy 7... movie! Okay, now we're serious, we'll release an FF7... cell phone game! Ok, this time we mean it. Here's a new FF7 game for you to buy!... but it's actually a lame third-person shooter that has virtually nothing to do with FF7. So we'll give you an FF7... prequel game! No? Okay, this time we'll sell you a remade "complete" edition of the FF7... movie! What? Why are you looking at us like that?

Mind you, I'm actually skipping some examples in the interest of brevity. You get the idea - they love playing Lucy to our Charlie Brown, with a hypothetical FF7 remake being the football.

They finally had the courtesy to put the last nail in the coffin last year, with the FF13 director explaining that they'd decided a remake would have to have the same graphics as FF13 and therefore would be prohibitively expensive. Nice logic, guys. But thank you for at least having the courtesy to be honest about it, rather than jerking us around one more time.

...then the CEO announced at a release party this March that they're "going to explore the possibility [of a remake]". *facepalm*

Yes, I'd love such a hypothetical game. I might even buy a PS3 to play it. But you'd have better odds waiting to gain superpowers and a harem of cute girls than you would waiting for that announcement to ever turn into something besides more sucker bait.
I lol'd...very well put. The continued release of sub-par FF7 titles has frustrated me to no end. What angered me the most though, was the demo they made when the PS3 was still a work in progress. Then they waved it in everyone's face at E3 so they could see how beautiful FF7 could be on the PS3. IMO, it was just a way to make more people interested in purchasing the system lol.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 02:08:43 am »
But you'd have better odds waiting to gain superpowers and a harem of cute girls than you would waiting for that announcement to ever turn into something besides more sucker bait.

So if I already have that then there should be a FF7 remake right?

I say they remake an old FF game for each new system. They can remake I, II, and III for PS3 and then FFIV for the PS4, so when PS7 comes out you'd for sures get an FF7 remake, sound good? I don't really think so.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 11:20:37 pm »
I vote "No; not a fan of the franchise."  However, since it is such a popular series, I'd like to try to do what I could to get a copy of it for the Charity Auction, and if given the chance, find a way to make it even more special, by adding something to it... ;D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 11:24:23 am »
Irene bought a new copy, still in its case and sealed for just 60 bucks at Pink Gorilla in Seattle.

Save Caprica!!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:00 am »
I love being one of the seemingly few people who got VII in 1997, and still has it, and hasn't had to pay an exorbitant amount for it.

Though if they remade it....I'd pass. I like VII a massive part because of its 64-bit graphics and old-school gameplay...all of which I know would go out the window with a remake.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 07:15:18 pm »
Its obvious the will make a remake in the future. The have made remakes for 1-5? i think but for sure 1-4. So eventually they will for all the other games.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 03:58:23 am »
what i have noticed is they make a 20th year edition of the game so it might happen in like 8 or so years *crosses finger*

China bound!!!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 07:32:48 am »
One could only dream lol...

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »
Id love to see them go back and re master the final fantasys.
I love them to bits but sometimes the graphics irk me... I mean theres so much hype I know 7 would sell like hot cakes if they did this!
And Hey I would go and buy re release of the earlier ones too. They already re made 1-3 for game boy ds didnt they?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 07:40:37 pm »
Nobody else shares my thoughts that there is a certain...timelessness...to VII's dated graphics? Yes, they are boxy and pixelated and obsolete, but I still love them. Remaking VII would be nice (in the way Advent Children was nice), but I would never exchange the original for a remake. The remake would be a runner-up at best, just because it would still feel somewhat incomplete. Am I making sense? lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »
nah I think I can get that.
I'm picky when it comes to graphics but I always get the sense even in a remastered game, it just cant beat the original to me.
I like how you put it, it would be cool but I dont think I'd trade in my original for it.
But I would certainly buy it.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »
Nobody else shares my thoughts that there is a certain...timelessness...to VII's dated graphics? Yes, they are boxy and pixelated and obsolete, but I still love them. Remaking VII would be nice (in the way Advent Children was nice), but I would never exchange the original for a remake. The remake would be a runner-up at best, just because it would still feel somewhat incomplete. Am I making sense? lol

How you feel doesn't have to "make sense" to anyone else, it's just how you feel. (^_^)

I do know what you mean about how VII's dated graphics are a few generations behind current graphics but everyone still loves them - but I go in the opposite direction. To me, it makes no sense that Squeenix won't make the remake because it would be too expensive to go all the way. For Pete's sake, just use the cheaper technology from a generation or two prior. If the core fans still love it despite the ancient graphics, they're not going to cry if you use less-than-current graphics. If anything, it'll preserve some of the feel by virtue of also being dated.

(But truth to tell, I'd even buy the original graphics all over again... as long as they get an English speaker to translate, instead of the producer's nephew who learned English from the Take Anything You Want girls. Especially discs 2 and 3.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 09:19:25 pm »
Ah!  ;D A thousand cookie-net points to you for the Take Anything You Want reference, lol. I had actually forgotten about those videos until now. Ah...yeah, VII could go for some translation assistance, lol.

And I hear you, that's a great point. The fact that so many people love the series with its outdated graphics should mean that Squeenix has nowhere to go but up, basically. They don't have to use the billion-dollar effects of the future on their VII remake. They could definitely use older but still advanced-beyond-1997 technology, and have the final outcome be a winner.

Ultimately, I love the story of VII. The emotional investment I have in the characters and their struggles is and always has been the primary draw. Whatever form the visuals may take, as long as the story and characters are maintained with integrity (and the gameplay doesn't change), I'll be a happy fanboy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:15 am »
Whatever form the visuals may take, as long as the story and characters are maintained with integrity (and the gameplay doesn't change), I'll be a happy fanboy.

*gets evil grin*

I dunno... what if they redrew it in the style of Clannad?

Or Wizards?

Sorry, that was kinda mean - I hope it didn't induce too much mental trauma.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:04:25 pm by randompvg »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 08:47:50 pm »
.... :o

Well then obviously there would be a line, and they would have crossed that line...*shudders*...

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 07:21:08 am »
Indeed! It wouldn't require them to dish out graphics on par with todays games as it would be easy to make it look better than the 1997 graphics & fans of the series would be more than happy with it. I would like to see some shining up though...not to mention, voice acting. That would be one of the things that would be worth buying a remake to me.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:33 am »
Absolutely. If they were to do a remake, after all the voice acting they have given the VII characters, there's no way they could stand to not include voice acting in their remake. Crisis Core, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Dissidia....they have definitely established the voices of these characters and I don't think simple text dialogue is an option anymore.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 06:36:34 pm »
That would be the motivation I need to learn to read Japanese... 'cause being forced to listen to the American VAs (and you know there's no chance they'd allow the option of Japanese VAs with subs, or allow you to turn voices off) would make me want to kick something. Like the TV, the PS3, and just about anything else in reach.  ;)

Or at least when I was last seriously into gaming, they always insisted on redubbing... I don't suppose that's changed, perchance?

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:55 am »
As long as they stick to the VAs from Advent Children, I would be more than happy myself lol.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 11:03:58 am »
I don't know how they could veer from those voice actors. They are so established...it seems like it would have to be that cast or none at all.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »
I don't know how they could veer from those voice actors. They are so established...it seems like it would have to be that cast or none at all.
Indeed...however I have seen VAs change on characters in video games before. Xenosaga being a perfect example of that...was really frustrating. I would think that Square-Enix would know better than to do that though.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 09:12:46 pm »
Random thought, and an open letter to Squeenix:

Dear Squeenix,
   Try visiting any nerdtastic convention where people cosplay. You're welcome to come to Kumoricon, but any nerdtastic convention will do.
  • Count how many people spend money* on making or buying cosplays for FF7, despite it having been well over a decade.
  • Now count how many people spend money on making or buying cosplays for every title in the Final Fantasy series since FF7, combined.
  • Get a clue.

* - You know, that stuff you keep saying is the reason to throw all your efforts into making new games for the series instead of remaking FF7 even halfway decently.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »

Dear Squeenix,
   Try visiting any nerdtastic convention where people cosplay. You're welcome to come to Kumoricon, but any nerdtastic convention will do.
  • Count how many people spend money* on making or buying cosplays for FF7, despite it having been well over a decade.
  • Now count how many people spend money on making or buying cosplays for every title in the Final Fantasy series since FF7, combined.
  • Get a clue.

* - You know, that stuff you keep saying is the reason to throw all your efforts into making new games for the series instead of remaking FF7 even halfway decently.

That is so full of win. Please send it to someone at the top. I wish there was a Facebook 'like' button on here, because I'd click it a thousand-and-one times.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 06:15:27 am »

Dear Squeenix,
  • Get a clue.