Author Topic: News about Bunraku!!! slight update 10-3-10  (Read 2541 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
News about Bunraku!!! slight update 10-3-10
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:23:19 pm »
What is Bunraku you may ask?!?!?!
A movie I have been waiting for a looooooonnnnggg time is sceduled on the toranto film festival which means its release has to be coming soon...has to be....
btw anyone heading to canada anytime soon?

http://www.torontointernationalfilmfestival.ca/filmsandschedules/tiff/2010/bunraku

Gackt!!!!

"In a hyperreal, hyper-saturated, hyper-driven dystopia, guns are banned upon pain of death and the sword is now king.

Nicola the Woodcutter (Ron Perlman) is the most powerful man east of the Atlantic, a shadowy crime boss who rules with an iron fist with the help of nine diverse assassins and the Red Gang, a force not to be trifled with. His right-hand man is Killer #2 (Kevin McKidd), a cold-hearted, smooth-talking, toe-tapping murderer dressed in red and wielding a deadly blade without remorse. The citizens live in fear of this pack of wolves, and wait for the hero who can overthrow the tyrant.

One night, a man (Josh Hartnett) walks into the bar of the local insurgent (Woody Harrelson) and desires two things: a shot of whisky and to kill Nicola. Soon, another stranger enters the bar, a samurai named Yoshi (played by Japanese pop star GACKT). Yoshi wants to avenge his father by taking back a talisman that Nicola stole from his clan. Armed with crossed destinies and incredible fighting skills, the two set out on a journey, breaking bones and cracking heads in search for Nicola.

In an amalgam of samurai film, spaghetti western and chop socky – and using a stylish blend of neo-noir, German expressionism and Russian futurism – director Guy Moshe’s Bunraku is nothing short of ambitious. Characters in the world of Bunraku spin and ricochet against a backdrop that resembles a pop-up-book made of origami, ever-changing and whirring like a steam driven Victorian theatre set. It is a universe driven by pugilistic force, delivered in a brash style of amazing physical combat sequences by stunt coordinator Clayton Barber and fight choreographer Larnell Stovall that evoke Gene Kelly by way of Bloodsport. Hartnett will surprise many with his presence as the man with no name, played with a steely perfection and ripped straight out of a Western, while GACKT channels Toshiro Mifune's stone cold devotion to a mission.

Completely unique while drawing upon a myriad of classical influences, Bunraku emerges as a visually stunning and adrenaline pumping blend of flavours old and new, east and west. "
which equals "bla bla bla GACKT  bla "

IMDB says december**
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:36:42 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: News about Bunraku!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »
This movie disappeared into the void for a looong time! Glad to see it is finally approaching some sort of a release.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 08:18:12 pm »
I like your intro and now want to see this.  Please update with any information of release you get :)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:14 pm »
I will!!!111!!!

I have waited so long

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: News about Bunraku!!! slight update 10-3-10
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 08:54:07 pm »
IMDB now says december for a us release and GACKT WAS AT THE CANADIAN FILM FEST!!!!!!
after showing the film they did q&A with most of the cast was there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQi9hzy3Yc&feature=related

I loved how gackt was late arriving to the stage and everyone starts cheering and the Emcee said
 "I have to tell you something when we did a blog posting about Gackt our blog went on fire, I dont think any of us realise how an increadible fan base that this actor has, actor and musition, this might be a revelation to a lot of us, its a great honor to have him with us"
this means "Please don't kill me Gackt fans!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIxyWGyjcPU
more interviews tho english is not gackts strong suit he skirts away questions of a canada tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU02wuKa1RM&feature=related
girls just screaming "Gackt-sama" hoping for an autograph I would not have been able to stand it, mere inches away and reportedly you could  smell his overload of Chanel