Author Topic: One Piece costume help!!!  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
One Piece costume help!!!
« on: July 10, 2005, 10:22:01 pm »
My sister wants to cosplay as Nami from One Piece, and she wants to have her trademark weapon. Her staff. My sis wants to have one that comes apart in 3 peices like in the anime.

Any suggestions???

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 10:31:29 am »
Take a long piece of PVC pipe, cut it into 3 pieces, get a piece of pvc pipe to fit inside for connecters, then run a chain from the top to the bottom and put some caps on the ends, spray paint and done.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 07:05:24 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
Take a long piece of PVC pipe, cut it into 3 pieces, get a piece of pvc pipe to fit inside for connecters, then run a chain from the top to the bottom and put some caps on the ends, spray paint and done.

I applaud that suggestion.

I was gonna go with the same thing, except without the chains, as Nami's weapon doesn't have them.

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 09:03:02 pm »
lol good luck i hope to see that!

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 10:22:12 am »
I was assuming her staff tuned  into a 3 section staff, does it just turn into 3 sticks then?
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 08:11:48 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
I was assuming her staff tuned  into a 3 section staff, does it just turn into 3 sticks then?

Yeah. It just turns into three regular sticks, and I believe you twist the ends together to form the full size staff.

Offline Nami-Swan

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 08:32:20 pm »
Thank you for the suggestions, but I've changed my mind about the weapon. But I have another dilemma. Her shoes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these? My parents are saying it's impossible.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 10:32:52 pm »
@Nami-Swan
This is just off the top of my head....

You could start out with a pair of used sandels, attach some kind of cloth for the... part in front of the legs, and maybe add some velcro straps to  the cloth so it can go around the legs.

Feel free to strike this idea down as I didn't really give it much thought.  The idea just came to me after looking at the picture.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 08:49:08 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
@Nami-Swan
This is just off the top of my head....

You could start out with a pair of used sandels, attach some kind of cloth for the... part in front of the legs, and maybe add some velcro straps to  the cloth so it can go around the legs.

Feel free to strike this idea down as I didn't really give it much thought.  The idea just came to me after looking at the picture.
This could work...I'll let my Mom take a look and then we'll see what we can do. This sounds like this will work.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
concerning sandals
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 03:35:24 pm »
i dont know if youre in portland, BUT in portland there is a leather shop.  in which you can bu leather by the foot.  you COULD patch them together from actuall leather, sandals are easy to cobble. get some glue, sturdy needles....but im hardcore that way.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)