News > Forum Announcements

Forum Amateurs

(1/4) > >>

Tsukinya:
Ok, so I'm going to make myself look like a true idiot here... but I thought it'd be nice to have a small thread for those who are willing to admit they're semi-new to the whole forum thing, and to ask questions everyone else seems to have been born with the knowledge of...  (Sorry if there's already a thread addressing this... I couldn't find one!)  So I'll start with a couple questions I've been wondering for a while now, and perhaps someone could feel a little smarter by lending some knowledge to dumb little me...

1. Specifically related to K-Con and other anime forums, when people have in their signature several cosplays and percentages, what does that mean??  I assume these are cosplays they are planning on doing next, but the percentages are ??? which one they're leaning toward? how complete the costume is?  They don't all add up to 100%....  I confused...   :P

2. How do you upload a picture directly into your post from a pic saved on your local computer?  I know a small bit of html, but every reference I've searched for simply has instructions for posting a picture from a website.  Do I need to put the pic in a web directory somewhere first?  Help!

Thank you!

DemonSpawn:
1. The percentages indicate how much progress they've made on a cosplay.

2. Click the blue text that says 'Additional Options...' directly under the box where text goes, it's on the left side.

There should be a space where you can 'Attach' and 'browse' your documents.

Tsukinya:
I know how to attach a photo... but I see many people with photos actually embedded in their post... :\

Dubaby:
I'm not sure how other people do it, but i just upload my picture to an image hosting site like photobucket and then copy the image code that is generated into what ever post I'm writing and BOOM you've got yourself a nice embedded photo.

NeonFoxRocks:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version