Author Topic: Glee`  (Read 47951 times)

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
Re: Glee`
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2010, 03:59:03 pm »
Loved this episode! I was very... what's the word? Empowered, i guess. But it was great.  ;D

Save Caprica!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2010, 04:02:12 pm »
[bMAJOR SPOILERS.....

LOOK AWAY IF YOU PREFER.....

[/b]
Can't wait for Gwyneth! "The Substitute" next week.
"Umbrella/Singing in the Rain" mash-up......oh yeah.
Had a crush on Gene Kelly from that film (and Anchors Aweigh) as a kid
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2010, 09:38:17 pm »
I feel like season two is ALL OVER THE PLACE. Sooooo many plot holes and the song selections are just... weird. :/
But maybe that's just me.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2010, 09:46:28 pm »
I would have loved to have known a parent with as unconditional positive regard & commitment, yet as much genuineness & candor, as Burt Hummel.
Presently listening to a Glee CD from the library. "Beautiful" as sung by Mercedes remains very moving to me.
I want to cosplay either Sue in her wedding dress or Sue in her zuit suit or both.
My hypothesis about Sue's mom is that what motivated her to go chase Nazis was knowing they would've killed her & her daughter with Down's syndrome for "dirtying the gene pool".
Starting to like Brit & Artie together.
Looking forward to Sectionals.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2010, 08:45:52 am »
I feel like season two is ALL OVER THE PLACE. Sooooo many plot holes and the song selections are just... weird. :/
But maybe that's just me.
My G/F & I both kinda feel the same after the last few episodes...hopefully they clean it up a bit. The episodes aren't horrible or anything...just not anywhere near as good as season 1.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2010, 09:13:26 am »
I agree, but maybe it's one of those things where we're supposed to be all confused and then everything makes sense in the end!
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2010, 09:35:07 am »
I sure hope so!
ThewholeKurtthingruinedmylife.
And although I don't think it is really all his fault, I want to blame Blaine. I just have been very discontent with him so far -.-

What is Sam doing giving Quinn a ring? I mean, seriously. I dated my last girlfriend for 11 months and 3 weeks (can I just say a year?) and neither of us gave the other a promise ring. I don't think that he has the right to do that, honestly. It might be just that it's a little sore of a topic for me, but still. You date someone before you promise to marry them.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2010, 02:29:56 pm »
Marriage is stupid, though the episode was really great, in my opinion. I generally just don't like Sam >.< He's really annoying and always looks so clueless with his mouth wide open.
I love Blaine for a million reasons and I am excited that Kurt is going to the new school. It probably won't last long, but we'll see. I can't wait to hear the cast sing "Dog Days Are Over"! That is one of my favorite songs ever. I was unimpressed with most of this week's song selection, though I love the Bruno Mars cover they did. 

Save Caprica!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 10:40:21 am »
MAJOR SPOILER WARNING for tonight

I don't know Dog Days are Over. I do like Amy Winehouse, and Santana, so am excited for Valerie.
Never saw the ep "Hell-o", but got the Glee CD with tracks from it out of the library. The All-American Rejects "Gives You Hell" as done by Rachel & the gang is addictive and inspired a filk from me this morning (about "Supernatural").
I've watched the "Hey Soul Sister" vid, kinda mediocre but I do adore Blaine anyway.
Wonder if they're really going to have the senior citizens who returned to high school sing or not and what they'd perform if they do, and how the random girl who always squicks me ends up Kurt's replacement and whether she can actually sing. It's the one who during the "Britney Spears sex riot" screamed she wanted Mr. Shue's babies. Blech. Anyway there is a cool documentary about a glee club of seniors that is worth watching, called "Young@Heart". New Directions can't really complain since they previously brought in April to finish high school to be their ringer. "My Last Name" was a fun scene.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »
SO.
TONIGHT'S EPISODE.
Personally, I think Karofsky was the cutest damn thing in this episode.
Seriously.
Sure, I like him before, but that's just because I enjoy liking characters that most people hate.
But now I have a legitimate reason to like him.
Though he was kind of a douche at the end of the episode.
But before that he was wonderful.

I did, however, dislike the Quinn/Finn thing :/
I was so excited about their post-relationship friendship, and now I'm so sadface ;n;
It is going to be...

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2011, 08:48:19 pm »
Coach Sue said "ninjapoop."

Or at least thats what I heard when she came out of the bathroom.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »
Haven't seen the episode yet... will have to watch it tomorow.

Save Caprica!!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »

This. I laughed.

However, I thought her rampage was out of character.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2011, 09:41:15 pm »
I will say this, this was the best written episode of the season.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »
And I will say this.

That was my first episode of Glee...-_-

I now found another live action show that I find interseting and funny.

Just one question...Is that how really how High School is like? People in weelchairs getting slurpy showers...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2011, 04:38:32 pm »
Honestly there wasn't much I liked about the ep, except the idea that it would be acceptable at an all-boys' school to consider performing at Regionals a song in which the lead male vocalist is singing about an ex with the lyrics indicating the ex is also male. It did feel wierd to suddenly like Karofsky in an ep. I am able to feel sorry for him instead of hate him only because he mostly has instilled fear without actually causing injury. I did not like Sue's rampage. I liked seeing Bieste lipsynch and have heard

SPOILER WARNING!!

REALLY!!

that Biest will sing some honky-tonk in some future ep.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:39:32 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2011, 07:39:19 pm »
"...I just think it's weird for you guys to get hot and bothered over singing Ke$ha"
"Yeah, well, I'm gonna go Tik-Tok on your face"
That was great.

Save Caprica!!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2011, 07:42:05 pm »
^ YES
I also really enjoy when the guy says "The girl with the mohawk sings really well", then Puck just casually stands up, then runs at him with the guitar <3
It is going to be...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2011, 06:55:40 am »
I would have to say that this was one of the best episodes so far this season. But I agree with Soundy & about the whole Kurt/Blaine thing...that entire number made me mad back when the sneak peek was available to watch via FB. It just seems like they are putting so much of the spotlight on Blaine & just kinda phasing Kurt out. Kurt left for this school & ever since then, it's like they just put him on the bench to watch the game but never gets to actually play. I for one hate this...blaine needs to get hit by a bus, choke, get shot or at least move...more Kurt please!

I was also very amused by this.

I also really enjoy when the guy says "The girl with the mohawk sings really well", then Puck just casually stands up, then runs at him with the guitar <3
Also amused me much.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:56:35 am by Cyprus »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2011, 04:29:34 pm »
hahaha on Tumblr there are huge Glee and Doctor Who fans. They've made the connection BLAINE IS THE MASTER.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2011, 04:32:54 pm »
OH MAN.
Is Kurt the Doctor?
Because I really want one of the Doctor's regenerations to be a gay teenage boy.

Also: I'm psyched for tonight's episode! Two in one week, aren't we the luckiest? :D
It is going to be...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2011, 12:03:38 pm »
SPOILER ALERT!!!

I like that the show has redeemed Lauren from the squick of her crying out to Mr. Shue during the "Britney Spears sex riot" into someone who stands up Puck and is nowhere near desperate for whatever physical attention she can get.

I don't buy that someone as shallow and into public image as Puck would pursue someone who looks like Lauren, though I do buy that someone as aggressive as Puck would be into someone who could match his physical strength.

I totally squicked at the deliberate inflicting of mono.

PYT was cute.

The GAP scene and its aftermath were appalling to me in that no one addressed how it was both stalkery and outing that poor guy who only had coffee with Blaine twice. Not only did he out the guy but got him fired, and they weren't even dating, and no one addressed how incredibly irresponsible that was. His immature, outlandish, unwanted performance just cost a guy a job and insurance in this economy. A guy who wasn't even out. Not to mention that if anyone did think that they were going out that could've led to an accusation of statutory rape given Blaine's age. In reality, this costing someone a job & insurance is WAY more damaging than slamming a fist into a locker above someone's head (not that I would ever excuse Karofsky's behavior, and I am not a Kurtofsky shipper).

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »
This episode has actually gotten me to like Blaine again. The whole Gap incident shows that he isn't the perfect, put together guy he pretends to be. He's actually kind of clueless, and like all the other characters is just a high school kid trying to figure things out. This episode has caused me to stop seeing him as a suspicious manipulator, and realize that he's  honestly just kind of oblivious. I have hope for him yet!

That being said, I was really frustrated for the Gap kid.... I find it hard to believe someone would get fired for that in real life, but Blaine really put him in a less than ideal situation. =\
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2011, 12:50:57 pm »
I have to admit, I like Blaine a very small amount more now.
NOT THAT I AM DONE HATING HIM
FAR FROM THAT
But like Kaitlyn said it proves that he isn't this perfect ideal guy, and I feel a little less like he's up to something.

I used to be a super hater of the idea of Lauren and Puck being together, but I'm warming up to it. I like that he finally actually likes a girl not just for her body, but because he likes how strong she is.
It really showed more about Puck's character.

I also think that the Mercedes/Rachel/Kurt sleepover was literally the cutest damn thing that I've ever seen in my life.
I think it had a point, too. I think that they were trying to actually inspire the three of them to stop being so love obsessed and to just focus on being themselves.
I firmly believe you have to be comfortable with being alone in order to have a healthy relationship.

I'm considerably upset with Finn and Quinn at the moment, because I really like Quinn and Sam together (It's grown on me, okay?), and I really don't want Puck with anyone ever again.
HOWEVER
I liked the beautiful Santana/Sam foreshadowing that went down at the end of the episode.
I think I could really like them together.
It is going to be...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2011, 01:22:07 pm »
I, sadly, had a doctors appointment and arrived 15 minutes into the ep, so will have to find it online to catch the slumber party!

I did like the scene over coffee between Blaine and Kurt, btw. That felt real. As someone who started going out with girls when I was 9 years old (really), I spent a lot of high school in love with best friends who were girls who hadn't even ever considered whether they might be open to liking girls. I made a point to never bring it up and try anything because I loved the closeness we did have and did not want to risk ruining it. So I related to when Blaine said that to Kurt.

Of course years later when I finally told those friends they had already known. One of them (on whom I had had a crush since Junior High) even came with me and my parents to dinner the night I came out to my parents (which I did the first time I saw them after turning 18).

I'm curious to hear Lauren sing sometime. I did read recently that Max Adler (who plays Karofsky) was first chair in a choir that placed statewide, so I figure we might get a solo from him sometime.

Offline Styx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2011, 02:14:21 pm »
I dunno, I mean, I like the show, and this episode was certainly good.

For a Valentine's day episode, it wasn't awful for me, like so many things relating to it are.  People get rejected, everything isn't sappy sappy, and things in general just go wrong for people (Don't think I'm a fan of that sort of Drama, as much as how that sort of thing feels more real to me, like how Blaine and Kurt didn't actually get together at the end of the episode).  I guess there's just something that my cynical side just can't get past:

They're in high school.

Admittedly, when you are in high school, relationships always feel real and more important than anything else, like they could turn into something real and long lasting, but they don't.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's very rare for that sort of thing to last long in the real world.

But the show is treating it like it's a serious drama, and like they're going to get married or something.  I'd love to see an episode where the characters realize the futility of attempting to find love in a high school environment, or something like that.  Of course, that would probably ruin the show.
I do definitely feel more invested in Mr. Shue's relationships, and his problems, because they feel real and possible, the consequences feeling long lasting.

That being said, I still watch the show, and it's still enjoyable to me.  I'm just super cynical.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:36 pm »
SPOILER WARNING!!!!

Ret-con much? I just watched on Hulu the first 15 minutes I had missed. Since Lauren's rejection of Puck's kissing technique occurred chronologically before Sectionals and therefore before Xmas, if she didn't even want to use the four minutes she had left that he owed her, why sit on Santa's lap and say "I want Puckerman to love me, because he's a fox"?

Well, I suppose, wanting someone to love you and seeing them as a fox is different than wanting to actually make out with them, but.....yeah.

Yes, the slumber party scene was cute.

Still not buying Puck being into BBW, because when he was nominally going out with Mercedes (and doing an awesome duet with her of The Lady is a Tramp), and Mercedes and Santana fought, he never tried to actually fool around with Mercedes.

Although the opening voiceover was a comic throwaway, there is one line in it that resonated with me somewhat. When Puck wonders if the reason he likes Lauren is "because she's always insulting me, like my mother". While that doesn't match the little I remember from brief glimpses of and references to Puckerman family life, it is an interesting potential insight; many people unconsciously seek people who put them down because they grew up being put down and don't know what respectful love would look, sound, or feel like.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2011, 07:22:56 pm »
I think the Lauren/Puck relationship is kind of cute. They're a little weird together, sure, since Puck is a manwhore and Lauren is so... Not his type, but I like that she kicks him around a little bit and that he seems to enjoy said kicking around. I think his character kind of needed someone who could stand up to him. That said, I did really like him and Santana together (hottest couple ever? hottest couple ever) and I feel really bad for Santana since she is definitely one of my favorite characters. I want her to get with somebody. The hint of her and Sam made me super giddy because I don't really think Quinn is good enough for Sam, even though I like Quinn a lot and think they're cute together, and Sam can be to Santana what Lauren is to Puck-- someone who helps them to actually be better people.

Blaine and Kurt made me SO happy it was crazy. I absolutely adore Blaine's character, he's so silly and a such a great person, but he's a lot less mature and confident than he lets show, which makes him a lot more personable. Plus, the fact that he didn't deny feelings for Kurt, and just said he wanted to make sure he could take their relationship seriously if (WHEN) they were ready for it makes him awesome. I just love Blaine, man. He's such a bro. I'd let him serenade me at work any day.

I don't really care for Finn and Quinn together. I didn't like them when they were together in the first season and I don't like them together any more now. I don't really like Finn and Rachel a whole lot either, but I kind of wish they would get together again just so their drama could be over. In my humble and possibly unpopular opinion, as much as I love them both (because I love every character on this show) they are by far the least interesting characters on Glee.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2011, 08:42:27 pm »
Finn's annoying and full of himself.

I soooo lol'd at the Lauren/Santana fight in the hallway, she was just like BAM!

I knew that Kurt/Blaine thing was gunna go south when he first asked Kurt about the singing thing. I was like "uh oh" and sure enough, he wasn't talking about Kurt.

I liked this episode and the last one though, very entertaining.
I miss 2010.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:24 am »
I was going to respond to some of the comments here & then go into a detailed explanation of my feelings for the recent additions to the world of glee...but I am feeling lazy today so I will go with the tl;dr version...

High School = drama. Although mostly stupid & immature, some of which (education being one...duh) is important (small amount...). Helps shape people into their future self.

Blaine sucks...hate him...too much spotlight on him overshadowing Kurt...let Kurt sing again...die please...thanks.

Puck & Lauren? Don't buy it...won't last. Fun watching him be rejected though & as much as I like Santana (latina with attitude...my kind of girl!), it was fun seeing her taken off her throne then tossed around like a rag doll.

Finn & Quin & Sam & Rachel & etc...blah blah blah. Agree with styx on this one...LOL @ high school relationships. This is a perfect example of why most of them have no credibility at all. Not enough words to express how this soap opera situation makes me want to punch each of them in the face repeatedly. Oh ya...I hate cheaters...HATE HATE HATE...I have my reasons.

There you have it...tl;dr rant finished...

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:33 pm »
FINN IS BEING A DAMN HYPOCITE.

There we got.
Got that out of my system.
It is going to be...

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2011, 03:56:34 pm »
FINN IS BEING A DAMN HYPOCITE.

There we got.
Got that out of my system.

AAAAAAUUUUGHHH THIS. FINN, YOU CAN'T BE MAD AT QUINN AND RACHEL FOR MAKING OUT WITH PUCK BEHIND YOUR BACK, THEN NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT MAKING OUT WITH QUINN BEHIND SAM'S BACK. THAT IS NOT HOW LIFE WORKS.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »
I KNOWWWW
DOESN'T HE REALIZE SAM IS GOING TO FEEL THE SAME WAY THAT HE DID.
Bloody looby.
It is going to be...

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2011, 04:27:43 pm »
I've decided that Finn absolutely bugs me. I love the jabs that Santana gives him. XD
And while I wasn't too fond of the Puck/Lauren thing, I like the fact that she makes him work for it lol.
I'm not a big fan of Blaine or his school's Glee club. Sure they can sing but... they have no personality and they sing some of the worst songs ever. Guh!
I love Quinn (I know, it doesn't make any sense) so the fact that she's thinking about hooking up with Finn again makes me sad. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Sam... but he's better than Finn, soooo...
And I'm glad they didn't focus on Shoe for the Valentine's episode. He was ADORABLE during the first season so I'm not sure why they've made him so annoying lately.
Sylvester and Beiste have always been awesome.
Rachel has finally warmed up to me because she's been better about letting the others sing. I was getting tired of her always being the lead singer.
Overall, I feel like these new episodes have been a lot better than a lot of the previous episodes of this season. Here's hoping it stays this way.

"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2011, 11:31:06 am »
SPOILERS!!!

There will be focus on Shue when Gwyneth is back.

Sue in Glee club....will be interesting. Vogue remains my favorite scene on the show.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2011, 09:11:53 pm »
I don't know whether I loved tonight's episode or didn't like it at all. There were certain things I really really enjoyed (Sam speaking Na'vi, oh my god Sam you gigantic magnificent dork, and the jbiebz was actually pretty funny and well-done), but then I just... Ugh. Sam's breakup with Quinn and Quinn being so shallow about Sam and Finn and Santana basically breaking them up so she could have Sam and lsdkfjslkdjf. I am, however, extremely excited about next week's episode. All I could think tonight was "WHERE THE HELL ARE KURT AND BLAINE" and Blaine is in next week's episode out of his Sassy Gay Hogwarts uniform.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »
I liked it because Lauren sang a song.

I love Lauren hahahaha~
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2011, 10:48:40 pm »
Fffffff Lauren~ <3 I think that right now she and Puck and Mike and Brittany are the only people I'm not irritated with in some way.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2011, 08:27:35 am »
Hahahaha I love Brittany.

"What is an Anthem?"

"It's the bottom of an ant's pants."

Man I always look forward to her dumb little comments. XD
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08:45 pm »
SPOILERS
I hope at some point there is an episode about Brittany's inane though at times endearing comments; it seems to me she has either low IQ or learning disabilities, but that, because she's attractive, they're overlooked.

I had heard rumors the Glee kids were in their undies for a photo shoot; now we know why. The scene recalled the one in The Brady Bunch in which Marcia is nervous about her driving test and pictures the instructor in his boxers to get over it (IIRC).

The song by The Waitresses is on the CD soundtrack for Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I've always loved that song. I'm glad they are not playing her as a chump but conveying someone of her size can be attractive, glad they put her in a corset to give some form to her figure. However I noticed (not sure if this was deliberate or a flub that wasn't edited out) during the My Chemical Romance she was the only one not in a checked flannel and she also slipped / needed help repositioning herself during one transition from standing to sitting on the edge of the stage or something like that.

There was an ep in which Kurt addressed that Mercedes was trying to use food to fill an emotional gap in her life, which resonated with me & so many others. I don't know if anything will be addressed that, although yes, obviously, people of Lauren's stature can be immensely talented in many realms, and attractive, there are genuine health concerns related to (this is a medical term) morbid obesity, especially as affecting a growing proportion of the teen population.

Looking forward to the fabled spin-the-bottle scene. Now we know the controversial kiss is Blaine-Rachel-- never would've seen that coming. Poor Kurt. It's his karma for when he slutted up Rachel to get her to fail with Finn.

"Take Me For What I Am" was one of the best performances I've seen on Glee (or anywhere). Mercedes is my favorite singer on the show, though of course, Rachel is amazing, as is April (I've seen Kristin Chenoweth live on Broadway! In Curtains with David Hyde Pierce!)

Sue running Aural Intensity....also didn't see that coming. But fits.

Having been a social worker, I continue to get a kick out of the fake brochures in Emma's office.

Actually I have worn leg warmers on my arms, and it is comfy.

Offline Styx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2011, 03:35:28 pm »
Al in all, the episode wasn't too bad, my primary disappointment was that Sue didn't actually sing any of the last song.  Enjoying Vogue as much as I did, I expected her to at least have the opening to the song, but no, I did not hear her at all throughout the entire song.  Even when I went back and listened to it on my big headphones!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2011, 01:07:38 pm »
I'm rewatching all of S1, including Eps I hadn't seen before (including most of Home  except the last scene & Bad Reputation).
KC 2010, I cosplayed Rachel's stuffed animal dress from Theatricality. KC 2011, I've decided, upon my rewatch of The Power of Madonna, to cosplay Rachel in Express Yourself.

Home is one of my least favorite eps (as is Bad Reputation), with the huge exception that I still cry at Amber Riley's Beautiful.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25:05 pm »
GLEE GLEE GLEE GLEEEEEE. I am so excited about tonight's episode.
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2011, 09:07:01 pm »
I don't really want to go in to detail on why, but this episode made me cry so hard.
Mostly, I think it was relating so much to the character I hate the most.
It is going to be...

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »
I think the party scenes were great, but beyond that the episode wasn't perfect. The Tik Tok cover sounded REALLY bad. But I liked all of Blaine and Kurt's stuff. It was fascinating.

Save Caprica!!

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:45 pm »
I KNEW someone was going to throw up but I didn't know who it was gunna be.

Lol I loved the 'oh yeah I'm gay' moment between Blaine and Rachel.... She seemed like she was going to be kind of upset but she was so excited instead.
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2011, 10:12:01 pm »
I was glad they emphasized never letting anyone drive drunk.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2011, 12:32:02 am »
This was an AMAZING episode, maybe even my favorite so far. Whoa dude, whoa, it really just hit home. :D

I'm loving Blaine with everyone. And how alcohol really makes things...well, makes everything ok~ even if you're gay ;) I also liked the stressed fact that it could hurt, too, though~

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2011, 12:37:58 am »
It was really refreshing to see how Glee handled underage drinking. Instead of just saying "DRINKING IS BAD YOU WILL GET DRUNK AND YOU WILL DIE, NEVER DRINK EVER" they showed that yes, drinking can be fun, yes it can have repercussions, and yes it is something that a lot of underage people partake in. It's something that is a part of being a teenager and the whole experience of growing up. And it feels kinda silly, but I was insanely touched by the fact that Mr Shue gave out his number and told them they could call him any time of day or night if they needed a ride home. SO SWEET. I LOVE YOU SHUE.

Blaine and Kurt were fabulous as always. I can never really be eloquent with them because I just love them both so much. Their scene in the coffeeshop was just amazing. "I'd say bye, but I wouldn't want to make you angry" was like the best line of the whole episode, followed closely by "Yep, I'm gay!"

Brittany and Santana throwing up grey made me die. WHAT WERE THEY DRINKING, SERIOUSLY

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2011, 07:05:08 am »
Drinking could be approached from a harm-reduction perspective. In the same way that abstinence-only is the antithesis of a helpful or effective or realistic emphasis for sex ed, it is, IMHO, equally unlikely to be well-received for alcohol. One thing I thought was well handled was that there is a spectrum of how people conduct themselves when drunk. Kurt choosing to remain sober because he didn't want to "get sloppy" in front of the date he wanted to impress is likely a much more impactful deterrent than any preachy approach would've been. Had I never tried drinking & watched the ep my thought might've been "why would I bother getting drunk if I might just end up embarrassing myself and puking. At most I'd sip a little something as an excuse to liven things up a bit, but I don't need an excuse."