Author Topic: Devil May Cry brand new tears  (Read 36725 times)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
Devil May Cry brand new tears
« on: September 17, 2010, 08:10:26 pm »
So yeah, theres a new Devil May Cry coming up. It looks odd to me though...

Heres some more info.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/085/085707.html

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
Re: Devil May Cry brand new tears
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:44:48 am »
I was reaaaaally upset when I first heard about this on Thursday... while I was at school, too. I almost...went crazy. Really crazy.  :D As in throwing my laptop through the window, which would have sucked.

I have to admit, it does look like a REALLY cool game in my opinion. And this "Dante" guy seems cool, although I more affectionately call him "Ten," short for "Tenda -" テンダ (Dante's name backwards... sooo creative, I know  :D). But all in all, from what I've seen so far, it isn't really Devil May Cry anymore. It's basically like they're trying to look at the series in a new light/point of view, but... still...

I guess instead of "not being DMC anymore," it's more like... just the NEW Devil May Cry.

Again, I think it looks like a really cool game... but it just doesn't look Devil May Cry. I don't want to analyze this all too deeply again, but ...well, it seems like Ninja Theory is taking a lot of... advantages, I guess you could say, with/of the series. Leeways, I suppose - I mean, really, Dante SMOKING? I think that's one of the things that frustrated me the most. The white patch of hair on his head is interesting, though. Also, the enemies we've seen so far...I find fairly ridiculous - they look more like robotic monsters than the usual demon-type... still kind of...interesting, though, I guess. More man-made looking than I would like, I guess. And the guy's stick-like weapon kind of just makes me feel awkward all over... it's like, a weird slinkie/grappling hook/arm-thing!  :D But, I guess kudos to them for making...new weapons? Ahaha.

Also, the guy's voice (if, that's even really his voice, since we don't actually see his mouth move, and it could just be a voice-over thing to get people riled)... it reminds me of Vincent from Final Fantasy, which frustrates me to no end because I love Reuben Langdon and what he's done with/for Dante with a fiery passion. Also, the music - really really American... and, the past games music has just kind of been... video game music, I guess I would classify it as. :D It was generally hard rock with some electronic sounds in the past, but now it just screams... American, at least to me. My sister said that the music in the trailer kind of sounds like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, which I agree with...

The character's coat and moves seem fluidly Nero-inspired to me, really... kind of like they took Nero's basics, and tried to fix what a lot of people disliked about him. Also, everything just seems oddly this-gen 360-ish, you know? The angles, the moves, the graphics... kind of look more like Dead Rising (coming to PS3, I know... but, it was originally for 360, and, I could be crazy, but generally 360 games just kind of have this...certain feel to them? Or do I just think/feel this way because I'm not a 360 person?  :D) or Fallout (I know it's not just 360, but still, I'm just getting that kind of feel) or whatever than I would have preferred.

Well, they've succeeded in Westernizing the series, that's for sure. And that's what they wanted, so I guess they got that at least, no matter how many people are uberly pissed off.

I'll buy it... We've yet to see gameplay or anything, or very much of the story/plot, but... if for anything, because I love the series to death, and because it looks like a good game, anyways... it just doesn't look like Devil May Cry. But then again, from the transition to DMC3 to 4 (gen-hopping, bascially), I remember totally wigging out because NOTHING seemed the same to me, especially since DMC4 was the first game I ever played on a PS3, and the reason I even got my PS3.

Hmm. I do suppose the future will bring us more interesting information about the game...  :D

And that is my excess of (non)sense on the whole thing.  :D

Edit: Also, as my sister's boyfriend kindly pointed out to me... this guy is obviously claimed to be mentally unstable, so, maybe he just THINKS he's Dante? And the real Dante will appear later in the game at some point? VERY wishful thinking, but... who knows.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:46:19 am by Squallity »
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:45:41 am »
All I have to say is No.
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:49:07 am »
I think it looks cool but still retarded. I don't care, i'll get it. Yeah, it's just the NEW DMC. I don't care id it's not based on the original story, if it's another story but the same style, i'll probably like it.

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 02:34:38 pm »
When I first watched the trailer, my first reaction was; 'This game looks cool... If you pretend like the previous 4 don't exist.'
And then I realized... This is just like Star Trek.

You know how the new Star Trek movie, was like a remake of the original ST, but then it goes off on it's own?
Yeah. That's exactly what I think of this new DMC game.
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 02:47:33 pm »
Still don't get all the bitching people are doing. I posted a status about it on facebook and people just started arguing with each other. I personally think it looks pretty cool and, though I do love DMC 1 and 3 (2 and 4 were utter bullshit), I think this is more up my ally in concerns of style and music (Ballin' beats, SPRAY PAINT, CITIES, CREEPY ROBOT LADIES). The again, people bitch and freaking moan everytime a new game comes out and "OMG THEY CHANGED IT THAT MEANS ITS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE".

Mostly whats pissing me off about this whole thing is 10% of the people who have a problem with it are using valid arguments saying "Oh well, it's by the dudes who made Heavenly Sword and that was pretty bad", actually that's really the only good argument I've heard against it. While 90% of the other people are sandy vaginas and (stupid) fanboys whining about how they ruined their "precious Dante" and how the new Dante looks like he's going to cut his wrists and looks gay.

Well, in my opinion, both Dante's look like flaming homosexuals, they're just different kinds. You don't judge a book by it's cover, don't do it to a game. I dunno how it's gonna be. I'm really in the middle here, it can totally go two ways. I think it looks good but IF I SEE ONE MORE PERSON WRITING OFF AN ENTIRE SERIES OR REFUSING TO EVEN TRY THIS OUT AND GIVE IT A CHANCE BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE HOW THE MAIN CHARACTER DRESSES I'M GOING HULK ON YOUR ASS.

I think Kingdom Hearts looks RETARDED I have since THE STUPID THING CAME OUT. But you know what, I gave it a shot, both 1 and 2, and I can say it's an ok game. Not my style, but I can respect that it's ok. I didn't go around claiming it was the worst thing in the world without touching it.

tl;dr Play the god damn game before you make a solid freakin' opinion on how it will be. You are a moron and your opinion is worthless if you do otherwise.

Also, this isn't directed to any person specifically in this thread. I just needed a rant after a wall full of facebook status' and reading multiple forums with people spouting off invalid arguments.

EDIT: Edited my rage so it read better :3 Also I mad, I so mad.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 02:59:05 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 02:51:34 pm »
Nikki... Can I call you my hero? =O
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »
Nikki... Can I call you my hero? =O
I am ok with this. :P

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »
tl;dr Play the god damn game before you make a solid freakin' opinion on how it will be. You are a moron and your opinion is worthless if you do otherwise.
In that same vein shouldn't you read a post before commenting on its contents?  Or did I just misread that? 

I don't care for the new look of the game one bit, and can only hope it's a temporary thing. 

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 03:35:29 pm »
In that same vein shouldn't you read a post before commenting on its contents?  Or did I just misread that?  

I don't care for the new look of the game one bit, and can only hope it's a temporary thing.  

tl;dr= Too long didn't read. In concern to the poster of the comment.
So people who find my rant too long can look down and see my main argument to the subject.
I read the comments in here and other various places.
I mean you are allowed to have an opinion on how they feel about the preview, but I'm more annoyed at people spouting off that they will never play the new Devil May Cry and how this game will be automatically terrible before even touching the stupid thing. We haven't seen any gameplay what so ever. Just some screen shots and a couple minute long preview.
Most of the people in here are fine, unless you are also one of those people who won't touch the game just because of how it looks (no offense, you didn't say one way or another).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:36:07 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:47:44 pm »
^ If you guys are talking about me, I'm sorry. XD Feel free to skip if that's your thing... these comments are long as well.

'This game looks cool... If you pretend like the previous 4 don't exist.'
OH MAN this sooo badly.

But, like I heard someone talking about... the series HAD gotten pretty awkward, storyline-wise. A lot of people disliked Nero for coming out of nowhere for whatever reason, and then he didn't really have a backstory, and assumptions were all over the place, and Vergil in general - people wanting him to come back, did he really die, all that. If anything, the DMC novels just added to the awkward storyline (I'm referring to the DMC4 novels, at least, because those are the only ones I have been able to read as of yet). Really, for DMC5, since Capcom had said that they were going to do what the fans wanted, I expected Vergil to find some random reason to come back, plus Nero and Dante, obviously...or else, some kind of random back-story starring Vergil. But thinking about it, really... if Capcom would have done that, it kind of would have just seemed like a sort of "fan-service" game, and if that were to be the last game, then the end of DMC would be...well, fan-service.

So, all in all, DMC5/DmC should at least be appreciated as a ...renewal, I guess. Because maybe if they hadn't of handed the game over to someone else who would help "reboot/recreate" it in a different POV, it would have gone and died with that last game that probably wouldn't have made much sense.

This whole "reboot" is pretty hard to swallow, though... and I can understand why people wouldn't want to play it/support it. Still, we haven't even seen gameplay yet, so I guess I wouldn't understand why someone wouldn't want to play it...

But, dude, it's...Devil May Cry. I think whoever loves the series should just give it a chance. I'm going to be, obviously. ;D

The again, people bitch and freaking moan everytime a new game comes out and "OMG THEY CHANGED IT THAT MEANS ITS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE".
To be fair, a lot of times when a series is changed drastically, it does tend to...fall on the lesser enjoyable side of things. At the top of my head, the only positive turn-out I can think of from drastically changing a series has been Fallout. Games like Resident Evil, and Sonic... I haven't looked up numbers, but from a general consensus of (the) fans, it's obvious that enjoyment is going down, and that is because so many changes are being made. It's like the fans are being ignored, and I can understand that X person has a vision for X series/game, but if you don't listen to the customers whatsoever, then presumably sales will go down, won't they? I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, and I enjoy the new Sonic games, but they would have been far more enjoyable if they hadn't strayed so much from original gameplay/story elements. I understand upgrading certain things because of the changing times/interests/generations/technology, but changing so much to the point that it just... doesn't really make sense? This, I do not understand. But again, maybe all of these changes in the DMC series will make sense later... but, maybe not. Honestly, I doubt it... I'm still hoping, though.

While 90% of the other people are sandy vaginas and (stupid) fanboys whining about how they ruined their "precious Dante" and how the new Dante looks like he's going to cut his wrists and looks gay.
In my opinion, the new "Dante" actually looks quite... erm...well, hardcore, I guess? He looks like he's going to kick some butt, but it looks like he does it in an un-sarcastic way, I guess you could say, which is very unlike Dante, and probably why a lot of people are mad. I guess we're just too used to Dante's sarcasm? Maybe this new character will be a good transition for change, who knows.

Well, in my opinion, both Dante's look like flaming homosexuals, they're just different kinds. You don't judge a book by it's cover, don't do it to a game. I dunno how it's gonna be. I'm really in the middle here, it can totally go two ways. I think it looks good but IF I SEE ONE MORE PERSON WRITING OFF AN ENTIRE SERIES OR REFUSING TO EVEN TRY THIS OUT AND GIVE IT A CHANCE BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE HOW THE MAIN CHARACTER DRESSES I'M GOING HULK ON YOUR ASS.
I can respect the "don't judge a book by its cover" as a figurative phrase, but we've been given a trailer, and such - it's not like we've only been given the actual cover of the game, or something. I'd say we have a decent amount of information/media to begin our opinions on the game before playing it to see if we'll bother purchasing it/following releases of information, more videos/screenshots, demos, et cetera. Also, I don't think his clothes really look that different from that of a DMC character/game, so I don't know why people would be complaining about that in particular... or did you just mean his appearance in general?
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 03:54:54 pm »
It sounded like you weren't bothering to read the moderately long post near the top of the thread, rather than being overly kind to lazy readers that feel like commenting on your own posts they didn't bother to read.  

If the game justifies the new Dante in a good way or gets incredibly excellent reviews, I won't write it off.  But if it's just a new Dante to be cool and edgy for its own sake, and especially if it takes itself too seriously, I won't bother to play it and will anxiously await a return to previous form.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:55:57 pm by Kurohime »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »
@Squallity
Ah, I wasn't talking about you in my first post at all just so you know. Though I don't agree with your opinions on the trailer you are one of the (few) people that I can respect on that. You are obviously a fan of the games and the fact that even though you are wobbly on how it looks, you are giving it a try.
And you think it looks cool and I like that.
This was more to a million people on facebook and other forums (gameforums, other random forums I browse, 4chan)
I don't wanna like. Make a huge post so I'm just going to reply to each of the points you got out of mine.

Point 1: I can understand that. But I guess I'm just kind of open to anything happening with stuff so I didn't take that into account.

Point 2: Thank you for that. Really, I needed someone to like say something other then Emo, Edward Cullen look alike.

Point 3: I was mostly referring to his whole new look as a whole character and not just his clothes. That was all just rage talk and I probably went off my point and said a lot of things that probably didn't help validate what I wanted to say. But I'm just angry at people just saying this is going to be terrible just because it looks different. There are so many games that at first looked bad (in my opinion) but the gameplay was so fantastic it grew on me (Parappa, Psychonauts, etc.)
Hell, saying that I didn't really like how DMC looked when I first played it (I don't know why, I think I was in my "EVERYTHING SHOULD LOOK LIKE KAWAII JRPG'S" phase in my life). But I tried it out and I loved the story and gameplay.

And I wish I could get into this more but my mom is shooing me out of the door to a dinner party so I will come back to this later.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 04:02:41 pm »
It sounded like you weren't bothering to read the moderately long post near the top of the thread, rather than being overly kind to lazy readers that feel like commenting on your own posts they didn't bother to read.  

If the game justifies the new Dante in a good way or gets incredibly excellent reviews, I won't write it off.  But if it's just a new Dante to be cool and edgy for its own sake, and especially if it takes itself too seriously, I won't bother to play it and will anxiously await a return to previous form.  

Also, this isn't directed to any person specifically in this thread. I just needed a rant after a wall full of facebook status' and reading multiple forums with people spouting off invalid arguments.
I added that to throw down the point that I wasn't attacking anyone in this thread, and rather this was a rant for what I have seen in various places like facebook, game forums, and cgl. Though I should have specified that this really wasn't towards anyone in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:03:22 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 04:10:36 pm »
I gotta say, I'm really loving all the nerd rage the new DmC is stirring up. Soo many people are butthurt over the new look, it's ridiculous.
Team Koga

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »
I gotta say, I'm really loving all the nerd rage the new DmC is stirring up. Soo many people are butthurt over the new look, it's ridiculous.
This ^

China bound!!!

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 07:37:37 pm »
When i first saw the trailer and Dante's new look, i raged for a bit. Then i realized that i'm going to play this game either way, and knowing the way i judge things, I'm going to love it.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 09:44:52 pm »
*takes a happy pill*

OOOHHH. I LIKE THIS GAME. HUR HUR HUR.

Anyway, I'll get it and give my proffesional rating for you people.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 01:16:03 am »

SERIOUSLY! I'm a fan of DMC and have played the series, but honestly I had little to no reaction to the trailer (aside from thinking it was well edited). Looks like an interesting enough concept, and I really don't care much about how my characters dress or look so the new design didn't really stir up any emotions..... In the end I guess I'm just confused why people are already preparing their pitchforks and readying the mob when there's hardly any info out on the game yet.

Let's all just wait this out until the game is actually out and available to play.. or at least until some preliminary game/story info comes out. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:46 pm »
My only concern so far with the new look is that it is based off on the art director....
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 12:49:04 pm »
When i first saw the trailer and Dante's new look, i raged for a bit. Then i realized that i'm going to play this game either way, and knowing the way i judge things, I'm going to love it.

Yeah..., either way were probably all going to try it sometime. I don't judge games fully until I actually play them. Isn't it supposed to be a younger Dante? this seems like its a prequel, sooo, hes a lot younger in this game, that's explains why hes so skinny and has different hair, etc.
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »
No, I think it's untirely different game. Just the main character is under the same name. If it was a prequel then whats up with those new weapons and him smoking?

DANTE DON'T SMOKE, HE EATS PIZZA.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 07:12:54 pm »
No, I think it's untirely different game. Just the main character is under the same name. If it was a prequel then whats up with those new weapons and him smoking?

DANTE DON'T SMOKE, HE EATS PIZZA.

Well to me it makes no sense, a brand new series, and the characters name is Dante?, to me it still seems like a prequel. The weapons could have been his old weapons, and maybe he used to smoke..., at this point that's all I can think of, that its a prequel, to me it would make no sense to make a brand new character under the same name.
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 07:14:43 pm »
Well didn't they kind of say it's a new one?

Although it could possibly be Dante from the past but eh.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 07:16:29 pm »
Well didn't they kind of say it's a new one?

Although it could possibly be Dante from the past but eh.

I don't remember them saying that, but then again I just watched the trailer and found out about it today. Yeah it's kinda like.......wtf?

Offline MicCloud

• Oni
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:41 pm »
What I'm assuming is that this is a prequel to DMC 1. This is basically telling us who Dante is and how he came to be and blah blah blah. The game looks fun for the most part and if the story can hold its own then I really don't care who this "Dante" is.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 07:19:39 pm »
What I'm assuming is that this is a prequel to DMC 1. This is basically telling us who Dante is and how he came to be and blah blah blah. The game looks fun for the most part and if the story can hold its own then I really don't care who this "Dante" is.

Seems about right to me.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:49 pm »
Either way I dont care, I wanna play it. It looks like it might have a better battle system.

Offline MicCloud

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:12 pm »
It will have a better battling system, probably like something similar to Bayonetta but with a Devil-May-Cry touch.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:48 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure it will be better then DMC 4. Based off the trailer it looks more intense.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 07:27:10 pm »
I hope the character runs faster, I didn't like how they were all so slow in the other DMC games.

I hope it's nothing like Bayonetta. I hope it's a bit more like X blades/Oniblade.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 07:32:30 pm »
I hope the character runs faster, I didn't like how they were all so slow in the other DMC games.

I hope it's nothing like Bayonetta. I hope it's a bit more like X blades/Oniblade.

Yeah, I hope so too. Well I loved Bayonetta, but I don't want it to be like Bayonetta....then it would be too similar. I just wish the gameplay is a little faster in the next game.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 07:34:14 pm »
Yeah seriously, I thought my computer just wasn't working the way Nero ran. Then you finally get that speed upgrade it's like "YES."

Offline MicCloud

• Oni
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:14 pm »
What I meant like Bayonetta is being fast combat, guns blazing, swords slashing, pulling off insane combo moves. :)

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:38 pm »
What I meant like Bayonetta is being fast combat, guns blazing, swords slashing, pulling off insane combo moves. :)

I know, the speed upgrade saved my life haha. and MicCould, I'm sure it will be man.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 07:38:57 pm »
I know, I didn't like it still, both Bayonetta and Dante/Nero went slow as heck.

I want the next DMC game to be a fusion of Bayonetta and Xblades, except of course with the DMC type of story. I really like how you gotta slay Demons at those altars ya know.

but speed is needed.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 07:42:18 pm »
I know, I didn't like it still, both Bayonetta and Dante/Nero went slow as heck.

I want the next DMC game to be a fusion of Bayonetta and Xblades, except of course with the DMC type of story. I really like how you gotta slay Demons at those altars ya know.

but speed is needed.

Yeah I agree, there better be speed...V_V I'm sure there will be in combat, but I'm talking about the character it's self being faster.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 08:39:51 pm »
Yeah, thats what I was trying to say. The combat was okay in DMC 4 because of the Devil Arm reach/grab. But speed would be much better. I have a feeling you'll be able to grab enemies with the way he threw the car in the trailer.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »
Yeah, thats what I was trying to say. The combat was okay in DMC 4 because of the Devil Arm reach/grab. But speed would be much better. I have a feeling you'll be able to grab enemies with the way he threw the car in the trailer.

Yeah, I really hope so!

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 12:59:05 am »
supposedly, the DMC3 manga is first, DMC 3 is the prequel to 1, followed by 4, then the anime, and lastly DMC2
I could see this new game as either a prequel set far in the past, or possibly in some sort of alternate universe

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 07:52:39 am »
This New Dante makes me want to smoke cigarettes and put them out on demons. It's pretty cool.

Also I hate when fanboys BAW about how when things change in their fandoms they cry out, "THIS IS NOT THE REAL (Insert Fandom/Character here), as if they characters were real in the first place. They are f*cking fictional, and can change any given time. You know why? Because they are not real.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:00:21 am by Classy Viking »
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 08:20:57 am »
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/22/dmc-video-interview

There ya go people. This is the reason why....Doesn't tell much but still.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 12:34:10 pm »
Ah, that makes a little more sense, thanx for the video.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:23 pm »
Np.

But I still don't get it. Is it like a reboot of the series and they just started over, or it's like a totally new story.

Seems like a remake but upgraded. They didn't EXACTLY make it clear.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 08:58:07 pm »
Yeah, pretty much....I'm happy I'm not playing as nero in this game though :D, I didn't like him. I kinda hope it's a new story, only of his past.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 09:21:44 pm »
I LIKED NERO. WHAT'S UP WITH YOU PEOPLE. I mean come on.  A Devil May Cry.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »
Ehhhhh.....I liked him as a character, just not playing as him in the game.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 10:26:34 am »
My cousin was saying this game was made by different people, that's why it looks so different. Do any of you hear anything about that? or is it false?

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 07:30:07 pm »
It's true. Or atleast im 80 % sure it is.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 12:42:00 am »
Hmm...., what do you think about that?