Author Topic: Monster Hunter Portable 3 on its way  (Read 5037 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Monster Hunter Portable 3 on its way
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsGVYFBxY88
Special Edition PSP: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/16/monster-hunter-portable-3-gets-updated-psp-with-improved-analog/
It looks like it's a modified PSP 3000.  I'm curious whether or not the "improved analog" will actually be better.

Release Date [JP]: December 01, 2010

Looks like we get a ton of new monsters, a new village, a new weapon (slash axe) which hopefully won't be broken like long sword, a new attack with Gunlance (maybe an improved combo off the old Tri+Circle attack), some different attacks with dual-swords (hopefully improved not nerfed) and plenty of other new content.  I looks like this game is going to put a lot more stress on more technical comboing with combo-based weapons (Dual Swords, Sword and Shield, Long Sword, Slash-Axe, Gunlance, and Hunting Horn), but I'm guessing Hammer, Great Sword, and Bow will be unaltered.  Does anyone happen to know if the heavy/med/light bowgun building mechanics will be used again in this game?

Old saves apparently won't be able to be converted to the new game, so hopefully there's a quick start option that will allow experienced hunters to get right into the real content.

Who's getting the UMD?  Who's gonna wait and see if they release it in the US at some point? (hopefully not a year from now...)

Anyone want to get together and get some hunts done on MHFU to get ready for this new arrival?

UPDATE:
You can currently pre-order the UMD for $65 USD from import sites such as Play-Asia.  Shipping's $4 from Play-Asia.  I might just share a UMD with my roommates and rip the iso for us to play together until it comes out in the US.

Also, join Portland Hunters' Den if you're on facebook.  I'm gonna probably start hosting regular gatherings again in downtown (PSU, Pioneer Place, Backspace) and/or at my apartment.

Happy Hunting!
-Charlie/DancingTofu/ChilliumBromide
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:32:12 pm by DancingTofu »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
Re: Monster Hunter Portable 3 on its way
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:51:20 pm »
Lol I am here! I cosplayed a monster hunter in Kirin armour! Lol but the new game sounds fun ^^ I just hope that things arent all wonky >< oh! But uhm
I played monster hunter tri for the wii and what I liked about that was the switch axe ^^ I want to learn how to make one then my costume would be complete!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 12:24:38 am »
It looks like gameplay for MHP3 should be pretty similar to previous games.  It'll be interesting to see if they wind up nerfing hammer and GS in this one like they nerfed bow in MHP2G. (Akantor bow was ridiculous in MHP2/MHF2)

I mainly use Great Sword, GunLance, and Bow.  Haven't played any monster hunter games besides the PSP ones.

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 12:32:31 am »
I mainly use great sword and long sword. I've tried the otherones but couldn't seem to get into them.
I was also thinkingabout making some other armour sets for costly but idk what ones I want to make >< I thought about doing the guild guard outfit but I think others might see it as a bloodelf pirate outfit >> I was also thinking of making the bistro outfit ^^ I think that one would be cute

Offline Javie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:35:16 am »
Zomg...I must get this,and put on list for games..

I <3 the Original MH :3
Plans for 2015

-*Maybe* Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
-Ruby Rose (RWBY)
-Sister Paula (Trinity Blood)
-Akame (Akame ga Kill!)
-Aqua or Ventus (Kingdom Hearts)
-Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 12:54:16 am »
^^ yeah! Ugh I havent played the ps2 versions just the psp ones and the one for the wii

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 01:11:18 am »
Hermitaur U or Z is a good one.  Butterfly S or X would be awesome to see, as would Malahoa.  I'm going to try to make Silver Sol armor and Silver Rook for cosplay eventually.

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 01:14:41 am »
Omg that would be fantastic! And yeah lol the butterfly ones would look cute ^^ I just dont want to make anything to bulky or big. Likeim little and short so I think if I made rathalos armour that would look awkward.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 01:29:32 am »
You have the whole being a cute girl with a stellar body part to consider too.  When you've got it you might as well flaunt it! ;)

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 01:40:38 am »
Lmfao! Haha that's a way of putting it. I used to have muscles but I've stopped working out for a while >< ugh. I was also thinking. About making some of the starter outfits lol

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 08:26:55 pm »
I should make a Mafumofu outfit and get unruly whenever someone mistakes me for an Ice Climbers cosplayer. ;D

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 08:29:14 pm »
omg you would get sooo effing warm in that costume!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »
Hmm yeah better save it for MEW Con or something lol

What did you use to make your Kirin armour?

Offline KikiRisu

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 08:43:50 pm »
i used faux fur short hair and some long hair faux fur ribbons quilted materal and thats it
lol i am going to wear my kirin armour again for mew con

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 04:36:32 am »
I bought a copy via play-asia of the Asia release (which, for some reason, is $30 cheaper than the Japan version) on the first.  Gonna run by my dad's house tomorrow and see if it's arrived yet.

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 03:28:11 pm »
too bad i only read English (even though i'm part Japanese) cause now i have to wait for English version of game
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:28:36 pm by X[D_ubaga] »
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 02:00:25 pm »
Arrived on the 13th.  Played it for a couple hours yesterday and probably gonna play for a bit more later today.  I don't read Japanese but it's not too hard to play without knowing what the text says as long as you can recognize the Katakana (and occasional Kanji) in the monster names and important items.  I'm sure it'll be a pain in the ass when it comes time to harvest specific parts but it's manageable.  I just wish they wouldn't use so much kanji.  It's hard to remember a word when you don't know what it sounds like. :/