Author Topic: 2010 September 26 - Annual Meeting  (Read 9388 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
2010 September 26 - Annual Meeting
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:10:14 pm »
The Annual Meeting of the Altonimbus Entertainment Membership has been scheduled for Sunday, September 26, 2010, at 1:00 PM at the Red Lion Hotel nearest the Portland Convention Center.

Red Lion Hotel Portland Convention Center
1021 NE Grand Ave
Portland, Oregon 97232

[Google Maps]

Agenda for the Annual Meeting:
Establish Quorum
Ratify previous minutes
Reports
-   Facilities Liaison
-   Publicity
-   Relations
-   Programming
-   Operations
-   Treasurer
-   Secretary
-   Vice-Chair
-   Chair
Unfinished Business (none)
New Business
-   Elections (President, Operations, Programming, Publicity, Relations)
-   Bylaws amendment (see here) (staff restricted link)
-   Other new business (please email secretary@kumoricon.org if you have an item you’d like to present for a vote)
Good of the Order
-   Suggestions for Board-Elected positions
-   Staff Rant & Rave (if time permits)
Adjourn.

If you cannot make it to the meeting, you may designate someone as your proxy by using this form.  Your proxy may use your vote however they wish, so choose with care.  Also, a person can hold proxy for only two other people.

See this board for nominations, suggestions, and candidate question and answer threads.
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2010 September 26 - Annual Meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:55:13 pm »
This is gonna be the first step to an extra awesome con!  Hope to see everyone there!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »
Unexpectedly I found out this morning that I'd have to drive down to the meeting from the Seattle, WA area by my self instead of participating in the usual carpool I had been expecting.

Is anyone interested in a lift down or back along I-5?
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:13:27 pm »
I also happened to call the hotel to inquire about the parking situation.  According to the desk agent I spoke to:

• Parking in our case should be free, provided there are spaces.
  • You must obtain a permit from the hotel's desk in order to not be towed.
  • After (10PM I think they said?) there is a $12 overnight parking fee.

However I stress that I did not see this /in writing/ anywhere.  This could change, there could be no parking.  You will want to have backup plans just in case.

Also, in case I am incorrect about this anyone else please provide an update; I'd hate to relay information I believe is true only to find out this somehow costs Kumoricon more money.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »
I just noticed that the meeting is at a hotel I featured on my big 2008 map.

http://tomthefanboy.com/kumoricon/2008/2008_area.pdf

There are several lots that should be open to the public just a couple blocks east.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »
Okay, I know that this is kind of late, but I just told a friend of mine about this meeting a few hours ago.  She won't be making it to the meeting tomorrow (she was in chartge to the Art Show and her brother worked at the KCon table in the Dealer's Hall).

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "no" but I wanted to make sure so that I can let her know: can she and her brother call in to do an honorary vote?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 01:09:08 am »
Okay, I know that this is kind of late, but I just told a friend of mine about this meeting a few hours ago.  She won't be making it to the meeting tomorrow (she was in chartge to the Art Show and her brother worked at the KCon table in the Dealer's Hall).

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "no" but I wanted to make sure so that I can let her know: can she and her brother call in to do an honorary vote?

It /may/ be possible for you to be authenticated as their voting proxy that way; I am reasonably sure the board probably made some kind of form for this, but cannot find anything specific in the bylaws (via keyword proxy) about /how/ a proxy must be designated.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 05:09:48 am »

Actually, the answer is "yes" - sort of.

http://www.kumoricon.org/files/docs/altonimbus_entertainment-proxy_form-20090709.pdf

Assuming they trust you (or someone else) to vote in accordance with their wishes and can get physical copies to that person before the meeting, they can fill out proxy forms for that person to use. It has to be signed and dated in ink - faxes, digital signatures, scanned/emailed/printed forms, etc are not valid.

Since it's only two people, there are no other restrictions (no one can hold more than two proxies).
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 08:22:44 am »
Yeah, I figured there was a form, but my point was that I didn't see any specific process for authenticating proxies enumerated within the bylaws; thus the question is would the board/election official make an exception (or did I simply not find the relevant section by searching for 'proxy' in the bylaws)?
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 09:34:49 am »
Yeah, I figured there was a form, but my point was that I didn't see any specific process for authenticating proxies enumerated within the bylaws; thus the question is would the board/election official make an exception (or did I simply not find the relevant section by searching for 'proxy' in the bylaws)?

The specific process for authenticating proxies is enumerated within the Proxy Policy, which is at the top of the form.  Call-ins are (perhaps inconveniently for some) not acceptable validation.
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 09:43:25 am »
I just noticed that the meeting is at a hotel I featured on my big 2008 map.

http://tomthefanboy.com/kumoricon/2008/2008_area.pdf

There are several lots that should be open to the public just a couple blocks east.

For those unfamiliar with the area, there is a large free parking lot at the Lloyd Center Mall (also noted on fanboy's map above).  You could then walk to the the Red Lion, or the MAX line runs directly from that parking lot west toward Downtown.  West of Lloyd, the MAX is also free.

Hope that helps!

Offline roberthardt1983

• Oni
i was there
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 03:13:16 pm »
hi to all of my firend that were there i had so mush fun thaks to all of you