Author Topic: Anyone else pumped for the SSBM tournament this year?  (Read 50956 times)

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
Anyone else pumped for the SSBM tournament this year?
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2005, 05:31:34 pm »
I'd be down with getting together for some free play :D

When you get a response...let us know.
Baby seals make me smile...

until they start talking...

:(

Deahawk

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2005, 11:19:44 pm »
I would like to play a few matches but...i don't really want to spend most of the time in the game room, so yeah, a time would be cool.
  If we got the greater players together then we could to the bowser challenge!  Three people on a team as bowser, the other person gets to be whoever.  Four stocks, no items, and the only stage that can be played is fountain of dreams.
  It's really fun, even though the person alone gets creamed if the bowsers know at least how to play with bowser a little.

Deahawk

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2005, 01:55:58 am »
Crew battles would be perfect.  Each crew gets 20 stocks added together, and crews are 4-5 people.  No items, all stages banned in the tourney are ban.  All matches are 1vs 1.
  If a crew has 4 people each person has 5 lives, 4 stocks per person for a four man crew (suicide once if the other team needs five and you need four)
  after the first battle, the player fights against another member of the opposing crew with the same amount of lives as he had last match (like...say billy wins against jim, and has 2 stocks left, so they start the match and billy suicides twice or three times to get back down to 2.)

If we get to do this each crew would get their own name, and it'd be cool to have a crew tournament.

Heavensclone

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2005, 02:48:47 am »
.........waa?

I'm confused...

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2005, 03:01:18 am »
That took me a second to grasp, but now I understand it. That would be totally cool if we did that...it seems like a fun concept.

I don't really know when everyone else wants to meet up...so somebody throw out a suggestion.

Pyon.

Deahawk

about crews
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2005, 03:26:10 am »
Um...k I think I might have an easier way to explain.

A crew is a group of 4-5 players, added together the whole crew gets 20 stocks.  

In a four person crew, each person get's five lives (20 / 4 = 5)

In a five person crew, each person get's 4 lives (20 / 5 = 4)

All battles are 1 on 1, and the winner fights the next opponent with the same amount of lives he ended his previous fight with.

Now for the suiciding things.

Let's say a crew of 4 is playing a crew of 5.  Each person needs a different amount of lives.  So the five person crew guy suicides once to make the teams stocks 4 if they just started.

for example: First game, the Mama's (a five person team) vs the Mothers( a four person team).

First battle, jim (Mama's 20) vs bob (Mother's 20).  since Jim is from the five person team crew, he suicides so he has four lives (stocks are set to five so that the mothers can have 5 stocks)
  let's say jim wins with 2 stocks left over.

second battle, Jim (Mama's 18) vs Mary (Mother's 15).  Jim suicides until he has two lives left, while Mary is fine.
  let's say Mary wins with 3 stocks left over

third battle, Mark (Mama's 16) vs Mary (Mothers 13).  Mary suicides twice to get down to 3 stocks, while Mark suicides once to get to his teams basic 4 stocks.
  Let's say Mark wins with 1 stock left over.

fourth battle, Mark (Mama's 13) vs Greg (Mothers 10) Mark suicides down to 1 stock, Greg is fine.
  Let's say Mark wins with his one stock still left.

fifth battle, Mark (Mama's 13) vs Nate (Mothers 5)  Mark suicides down to 1 stock again, and Nate is fine.  
  To make this long story short, let's just say that Mark beats him too.

the winner is the Mama's, with 13 stocks left.

does this make sense?

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2005, 03:54:34 am »
Makes perfect sense.

Although I suppose that explanation wasn't for me...

Pyon.

Heavensclone

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2005, 11:42:02 am »
Yeah, that makes more sense.  Will someone be keeping track of the stocks leftover or is that up to each individual player?

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2005, 10:30:16 pm »
hey hey dude dane we will be there a few days early we could set it up in are room

Heavensclone

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 12:46:30 am »
We could!  I'd need to practice SSBM more than Naruto, so we'll be playing SSBM most of the time.  BTW, you didn't put a name in.  Is this Jeremy, Rob...?

But yes, we'll have two extra days of practice.  I am so psyched, and this team thing where the pros gather sounds interesting too :) :) :) :)

Deahawk

About the stocks
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2005, 01:30:14 am »
We would probably have somebody else keeping track of the stocks, but it's pretty simple.

I don't know if we would really do this, but I think it would be a lot of fun to have a crew tourny if we could get it together.

Heavensclone

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2005, 07:16:08 am »
Yay for crew tournies!

Oh, I haven't received an email back from anyone about when the game room opens, so would you guys come to a SSBM room party on that Friday night if the game room is not open (or is open but closes early)?  My info is on the thread "Shall we dance" in this gaming section.

Deahawk

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2005, 11:29:01 am »
It would be cool to have enough people for a crew tourny, but it's 4-5 people per crew.  so if we had...about...5-6 crews, each getting eliminated after it loses, that would be a tourney I think...8 crews would be perfect though.
  Theres only one thing...4 people per crew is...32 people.  so since some crews would probably have five, then that means there'd probably be more people than that.
  I wouldn't think that everyone would want to do this, cuzz each crew battle takes like 20 minutes to a half hour depending on the individual fights.
  So...probably...4 hours for an eight crew tourny.
  It would be really fun, even if we got three or four crews.

I already have one together, The House of Whorror.  Each of us has our own whorrifying alias.  (There's six people in our group, but one or two will have to sit out and not play)

Cyclone (Donny) is a sick Peach - SLUT
  Mike is a decent Marth - HUKR (hooker)
  Ben is a great Falco - SLUT (skank)
  Jeff is a great Marth - WHOR
  Jesse is a sick...sick man with Marth - PIMP
  Deahawk (Garrett) I play with Fox - WNCH (wench)

See all the Marths I play with?  Most everyone else that plays the game around here that plays at least a little picks Marth...all of those people except me were in the tourny last year, Jesse was the best out of them, but he got 3rd...Cyclone got second, and Jeff won the tourny.  Mike and Ben I hadn't heard a whole lot about, but I know they were in the tourny for awhile and raped a bit, then died...

Get some good crews together, because Jeff wants to be put out first, and he plans not to let me play...

Deahawk

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2005, 11:30:06 am »
Oh noes, I put Ben's name as SLUT on accident.  It's SKNK!

Jeff (Jade)

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2005, 01:34:13 pm »
I just figured it'd be fun to be able to fight everybody on the other crews :-)

Though I'd try really hard not to let you or the second person in our crew play. Bwaha. I know, I'm a WHORable person.

Heavensclone

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2005, 04:51:24 pm »
This is the response I got:

"The gaming room will be located in the Pacific North West Ball room in
the Double Tree to the right of the lobby.  We have roughly a 60' x
60' room this year.  ^_^  Unfortunately the gaming room will not be
open on Friday to anyone but staff and those involved in setup.
Please let me know if you have any other questions."

So ya, looks like the party is in our room on Friday night.

I call Dman in my crew if able!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2005, 09:17:56 pm »
Quote from: "Heavensclone"
I call Dman in my crew if able!

Why not do something like pull names out of a hat to decide who is in which crew?

Heavensclone

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2005, 10:44:25 pm »
Hmm...Aye!

dmstudios3

fjao;ifjuaeoifvjm
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2005, 06:53:59 pm »
D-Man here.  Yes, I submitted an AMV this year.  Hopefully it will be shown.  They're only going to show 19 out of the 32 or so that were submitted this year, so, yeah.  

I would love to get together and play people early on in SSBM, Naruto, KOF 2003 (if someone has it), Tekken 5, and/or Soul Calibur 2.  Maybe a couple of random other fighting games, too.  You know, ones I haven't played.

Anyway, I was dressed as Cloud from Advent Children.

Deahawk

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2005, 01:17:11 am »
Oh right, and the guy counting the stocks says go, and both players have to be on opposite sides of the stage, and invincibility worn off.
  The pulling names out of a hat could be fun, but I wouldn't know who i'm talking to in my crew, and I fight my friends all the time, twould be a little boring for us to fight each other instead of new people (my reason for joining the tourny).
  I think it's fun to organize your own Crews, that way it's more of a team effort, because they are your crew, not like a school group assignment... a really fun school group assignment.  wouldn't you like to be with your buds, and not against them?  I just kinda don't wanna seperate from em, ya know.

Deahawk

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2005, 01:18:12 am »
I'm not saying I won't play if we do pull names out of a hat, it's just that I want to see how far my group can get in a crew tourny, cuzz we put it together like a year ago, and haven't been able to test it.

Heavensclone

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2005, 07:45:47 am »
I would love to get together and play people early on in SSBM, Naruto, KOF 2003 (if someone has it), Tekken 5, and/or Soul Calibur 2. Maybe a couple of random other fighting games, too. You know, ones I haven't played.

K, so my group will have the Naruto 3, SSBM, and Soul Calibur II discs.  I don't think any of us have Tekken 5 or KOF 2003.  So if there is anyone who can bring those, that'd be cool.  I think we'll have two modded Gamecubes in my group, so all that would be needed are extra controllers.  Hopefully my group will have their two rooms linked, I requested two linked rooms when I reserved them.

Oye, Dman, since you said you'll be Advent Children Cloud again?  Awesome, it'll be easier for me to spot again.  I'll be the Devil May Cry 3 Dante wondering on the Friday night.

So Deahawk, we could just have a couple crew tournies.  The first one can be with chosen crews, and the second one can be with random crews.  Should take too long to get through two crew tournies like that, ne?

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2005, 06:48:25 pm »
I have a crew together and am willing to have a couple of rounds with you all, but i'm not sure exactly when we're gonna do this. Is this gonna be the friday night before the con?...if so, then what time is it gonna be, and in who's room are we gonna play the games in? I'm down for pretty much everything, but I just need to know what exactly is going on here.

Pyon.

Heavensclone

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2005, 07:56:13 pm »
It will most likely be done in my groups rooms, if they are linked.  If not, just my part of the group's room.  We can definitely do it on Friday night, that would work out the best I think.  However, the hotel won't assign a room number until check-in.  Will there be anyone to get a hold of in someway on the Friday we check-in?

Deahawk

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2005, 07:16:34 pm »
sounds fun. My crew will probably all go.

Deahawk

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2005, 07:35:13 pm »
It takes a long time for anyone to post.........    ........  space dot dot.

if we do random crews we would need to make up crew names on the spot (these could be interesting), and each crew has a captain, or co-captains, co-captains only in a 5 man team.  They decide the order of who goes first and so on.

And each person is only allowed one character choice per crew battle (for example, if you play as mario and win in crew battle 1, then your next match in the same crew battle has to be with mario.)

We needs tah post more...

Heavensclone

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2005, 08:44:30 pm »
Let's try and get this topic 10 pages long!! Heh heh

I'd be the captain of my crew.  There still exists the problem of how we will communicate with each other when we arrive at the con.  It can be kind of a pain to search for people.  So unless someone is willing to give up a cell number, I'll try and make a post when I arrive at the Doubletree in this topic.    Hopefully they'll have computers with internet access in the lobby so I can post my room number.

Sticking with one character is a good idea for the crew tournies.

gg deahawk

F34r d4 F0X

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2005, 11:25:01 pm »
I'm some what good with Captin Falcon, Link and Pikachu (I know, its a pokemon, but its a good character. And you don't receive damage when you do special moves like Pichu does.) Anyway, if anyone wants to be with my crew, which is of me and nobody else. If anyone wants to join my crew, you will need to agree that I am the captin and I go last. I don't care how good you are, I will accept anybody.  Anyway, How do you sign up for the tournaments anyway? Because last year I didn't know where to go to sign up.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2005, 11:27:04 pm »
Quote from: "DarkKnightUltima"
I'm some what good with Captin Falcon, Link and Pikachu (I know, its a pokemon, but its a good character. And you don't receive damage when you do special moves like Pichu does.) Anyway, if anyone wants to be with my crew, which is of me and nobody else. If anyone wants to join my crew, you will need to agree that I am the captin and I go last. I don't care how good you are, I will accept anybody.  Anyway, How do you sign up for the tournaments anyway? Because last year I didn't know where to go to sign up.

By the way, I was the guy with red hair, greyish flannel shirt open, blue jeans, white t-shirt, and a Griever necklace that had my name tag on it last year if anybody saw me.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Deahawk

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2005, 11:51:57 pm »
Crews are gonna be in Heaven's room I think, but we'll have to do something about something somehow...does that make sense?  We need to meet up, find his room, get together and play, but if we got like, four crews in a room, that's at the least four each, so 12 at the least...

Would you be ok with like 16 plus people in your room dude?

and yeah, get together, we have buds with cell phones, and you could set a meeting place or something.  I think random crews will be fun, but I wanna see how my arrangement with my crew is gonna go.  I all strategitized it out.

and you really have to take into account what kinda player your putting in what place.  Like if you think that the first person your setting out would be better for ripping through stocks, or if he'd be better as a clean up, or in the last place would be the best defender.

A team captains gotta be pretty good at organization and know his team mates and his own style.  I am more of a mop up, so I'm going third or fourth.  second to last.  see?  Strategitized.

Cyclone

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 12:27:29 am »
I get to go first on his team!
P.S. I will be wandering the lobby and the halls aas either Itachi or Sasuke from Naruto. Uchiha pride!

Deahawk

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 01:23:40 am »
Yes...so captains decide the order, but the order is not set, so you decide who goes in, but before the matches start, everyone needs to decide their character and tell the captain.

yays.  Maybe some of the people setting up stuff will find out about how fun and big this thing can be and make an official tourney thing for us, and people's band of friends will herd...but prolly not...

And I don't want to spend most, or even a third of my time playing games, but I'm getting riled up and ready to play, and crews will be fun.  I need to fight Dorf and D-man in the tourney, but if we don't there's freeplay.

Jade

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 12:11:28 pm »
I'm in Dea's crew, prolly gonna be second. I'm hoping to be checked in on Friday ASAP, so we can get some SSBM action started quick. Don't spam the number or anything, but my cell is 541-326-9752. Call when you get in town, and I'll make sure we meet up and have some fun.

Oh yeah, I was the green Marth last year that won. I really doubt I'm gonna win again though - Deahawk usually beats me now. *grumble*

Deahawk

yeah!
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2005, 01:06:14 am »
10 pages, come on!

so how many crews do we have ready now?  We have one (me Jade and Cyc)  and Dorf said he has one.  do you have one Heaven?

Heavensclone

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2005, 01:36:03 am »
Pretty positive (btw, 12 people is fine in my room so long as everybody behaves themselves, like, no loud noises.  If my rooms are linked, then we can do the crew tournies in both rooms so it's less crowded).

In my crew will be Brian, Ian, Zach, and Josh.

I'm still fuzzy on how order plays a role in the crew tournies, so I'll just spitball it.

Ian is first
Zach is second
Josh is third
Brian is fourth
Dane (me) am fifth

And da hell with it, I'll post my cell.  But like Jade said, no spamming the number.  It's 541-420-1633.  Jade, I already added your cell on my phone.  Heh heh, you're known as SSBM Jade in my contact list.

Everyone should try to get some kind of immediate contact information with each other to make finding everyone easier when we arrive.

Maybe we can stop by a 7 11 or some other store to pick up refreshments for this tourny.  We need mountain dew!

"Where's the mountain dew!?"
"It's in the fridge, duh!"
"Can I have a mountain dew??"
"YES!!"

lol, gotta love those D&D spoofs.

More to come, keep posting!

Deahawk

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2005, 01:45:48 am »
Uh-oh, Cyc's obsessed with Mountain Dew!  Dear god, you'll have to limit him.  Lol.

Deahawk

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2005, 01:59:05 am »
You don't have to decide the order before the fight, but you do have to decide who goes first, then after you watch that battle, you put in who you think could deal with the guy that just won and so on.  the only set thing is the characters you pick for the crew battle your in.

Like if spaggetti's are fighting O's, dave's character is Mario the whole time he's playing against the O's

Then spaggetti's fight the tahah's, and Dave chooses Peach, but has to play the whole time as peach against the O's.  

Also, once a captain puts a guy in, he isn't pulled out, he plays until he loses.  Then once he's done, you pick the next guy.  crews are gonna be fun

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2005, 02:01:41 am »
The hobo is in! Yeah I will be on HeavensClone's team... I am in there but you don't know who O_o... not that it matters. But yeahhh... My name will be
Hobo..

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

dmstudios3

crew. . .whee!
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2005, 12:30:40 pm »
I don't have a crew.  I am a crew!  Just Kidding.  Anyways, if I'm to come to this t-ment, I will need a place to stay on Friday night.  I only have enough money for Saturday and Sunday night at the con.  So if anyone could possibly let me mooch a room off of them on Friday night, I will be on their crew.  Maybe.  

Oh, and Heavensclone, I was Cloud at Sakuracon.  I will be Van from Escaflowne this year.  So look for the red shirt and black J-rock hair.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2005, 01:17:25 pm »
Well, I have a 3 person crew put together, but I need one more person...so i'll have to figure that out...but trust me, i'm still in :)

I'd let you stay in my hotel for free, dman, but I don't have it booked for friday night...sooo...scrap that idea.

What needs to happen now is:

1. All agree on a time when we can meet up in heaven's room

2. Heaven finds out his room number on the friday before the con.

3. Heaven (or one of his crew members) calls our cell phone numbers and tells us the room number.

4. Show up and have a good time :D

My cell number is: 503-502-4539

So it looks like the current call list is:

Jade (Representing Dea's crew) - 541-326-9752
Lime (Representing my own crew) - 503-502-4539

I also suggest a time around 6:00 PM to meet up in Heaven's room, although if that doesn't work out for certain people...we'll figure out a new time. Get the suggestions going people, it could be earlier...or even later, but the point is, we need to figure out this time!

Haha, i'm very happy this is actually going down :D

-Lime

Jade

« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »
6:00 is fine, but I'll probably start calling people sooner. *Most* likely we can have another visitor Friday night... all night, but we'd prolly need some sleep. Also, a space on the floor is all I can promise. I bought the hotel rooms, so I'm in charge... bwaha. Aaaand we already have five people, so I can't really promise much floor space either, but hey! It's free!

(I'll take payment by SSBM torture :D )

Heavensclone

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2005, 01:36:39 am »
Don't know if you guys would be up to this, but think it'd be a neat idea to have a SSBM dinner where the crew members can get to know each other before the tournies?  Don't know if any of you guys have been to August Moon, cus that's the only good chinese resteraunt I know, and it was by the Marriot last year.  Don't know how far the Doubletree is from the Marriot.

Anways, if we manage to get in contact with each others early, would anyone be up for this?

Cyclone

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2005, 09:59:17 pm »
If we get up there soon enough and the others are ready (Deahawk and Jade) I up for it. I ate at a chinese place last year near the hotel I'm not sure if its the same one. If it is the same one I'm thinking of then that is all the way across town. Mabey some place closer. The Marriot we stayed at last year is very south of where we are staying this year. But it is a good idea no the less. I'm up for it.

One vote for eating out.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2005, 01:32:17 am »
well i am the walrus! anyways yeah im a slave to the boss man heaven
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Heavensclone

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2005, 02:35:27 am »
lol noice Waffles.

Waffle's is one of the people staying in my room.

Also Dman, if you can't find get a place to stay and my second room has space, you can stay there on Friday night.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2005, 03:00:50 am »
i was going to suggestthat yeah yeah except d you probally wont get sleep most of us are insomniacs
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2005, 05:34:46 am »
Quote from: "Waffles"
i was going to suggestthat yeah yeah except d you probally wont get sleep most of us are insomniacs

Dave Atell? Is that you?

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2005, 12:02:44 am »
Insomnia is a good thing... Anyways yeah not that it is my decision or anything but I am staying in the said "room number 2" and yeah I would be cool with it. But yeah fair warning me and Brian(another friend) are both well known insomniacs... so yeah if you hear us playing ssbm at like 4am... too bad :D, that's what pillows over your head are for :P.

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

Heavensclone

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2005, 01:09:06 am »
Much of the pwnage there shall be once I enter thine room in the realm of SSBM :)

Deahawk

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2005, 12:39:55 pm »
mountain dew, and smash bros...  We are gonna have to do some bowser challenges, mayhaps even some giga bowser ones :)