Author Topic: Anyone else pumped for the SSBM tournament this year?  (Read 51912 times)

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
Anyone else pumped for the SSBM tournament this year?
« on: August 06, 2005, 01:43:52 am »
I am so pleased they're doing another Smash Bros. tournament this year. Just wanted to know if there is any people that have been looking forward to the Smash tourny this year? There was a lot of great competition at last year's Kumoricon, and I hope that there is even more people that will prove to be worthy opponents this year. I did decently well last year (got to the final four...I was the ganondorf player named "Dorf"...lol) and I hope to do even better this year...possibly even win (one can dream, can't they? :P)

Dman was one of, if not the best players there...props go out to you man :D

Pyon.
Baby seals make me smile...

until they start talking...

:(

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 05:01:48 am »
I didn't enter last year. But I've been playing the game far more than is healthy, and I think I may enter.

Generally, if I use an alias for SSBM, it's 'IJIT'. Look for me.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 12:30:33 pm »
I'd really like to play SSBM but I doubt I would last the first or second round.  I usually play Mario when I'm playing with friends and I consider myself to be one level above "button-mashing".

If I had more practice I would consider it though.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:42:25 am »
Mwahaha Im entering. this will be the second ssbm tourny i win >:D this will be my first time at kumori btw, i will give the one called Dman a worthy match

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 08:50:16 pm »
ehh...you're pretty confident huh?

Don't worry though, i'm sure either my friend or I will win the tourny this year...you can have fun trying though :P

Pyon.

Heavensclone

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 01:36:00 am »
I'm calling Dman out.  I might even do it during the opening ceremonies.  I'm not too great at melee.  My first two round were first place victories with Falco, then I failed.  But I want a one on one match on Final Destination, three stock, with Dman.

I'll be the Dante at the con, and I'll put my SSBM nickname is Dane.

I can do it!

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 01:40:23 am »
dane oh my god is a god  god god godo god god god
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline iorichaos

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 08:14:55 am »
I cant wait to have dman fall by my marth...this will be fun >:D

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 06:36:51 pm »
Ehhh...everybody at cons either plays:

Falco

Marth

Fox

Shiek

Peach

...well...everybody except the pro players.

Anonymous

Good luck!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 10:28:03 pm »
It's nice to see everybody getting excited over this year's tourny. I won last year (just by a hair) and it'll be great fun to play again! I can hope to win again, but we'll see. Good luck to dman and dan(t)e!

I was the green Marth - names take too long to write in.

Heavensclone

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 12:22:23 am »
I thought Dman won the tournament?

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 12:50:01 am »
Quote from: "limeloverj2x"
Ehhh...everybody at cons either plays:

Falco

Marth

Fox

Shiek

Peach

...well...everybody except the pro players.
\
I was in the tourny last year and I played as a Link so :p

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 02:16:11 am »
Therefore, you have my respect since you didn't play one of the constantly picked characters :P

No, Dman did not win, he got eliminated at about the second round of fights. Dman is a great player, but melee screws over even the best of them.

I think I remember the guy who won last year....he's the guy who eliminated me in the semi-finals in the last melee battle....kudos to you.

Dman is good competition, but I assure you, my friend and I are on par with Dman, so it's not going to just be him you need to defeat.

I look forward to meeting you all and having a good time playing SSBM....:)

Pyon

Offline iorichaos

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 10:19:24 am »
Are the matches one on one? I hope so because at some of the tournys ive gone to, people get tripple teamed at times.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 11:12:07 am »
Quote from: "iorichaos"
Are the matches one on one? I hope so because at some of the tournys ive gone to, people get tripple teamed at times.

I kinda doubt it.  If it were one-on-one, I can see this tournament taking a long time to finish.

@limeloverj2x
I usually play as Mario when I play with friends and one of my friends like to play as Ness.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 03:51:27 pm »
This is what it said under the tournament rules and schedules thread in this forum.

Quote from: "Kalira"
Rules have been modified from the Penny Arcade Expo site with permission.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
- Single elimination
- 1 vs 1
- 4 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- Items set to Low
- Banned Items (tentative): Heart, tomatoe, food, star, hammer, cloaking device, party ball, metal box, red koopa shell, mushroom
- Banned Stages (tentative): Hyrule, Termina, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi 64, Icicle Mtn., Flatzone, Big Blue

I would have thought that it would have been melee, but the rules that were posted for SSBM seem to say otherwise, but if i'm reading it wrong, or you know otherwise....please tell me :)

I am in full support of a 1 Vs. 1 tournament. Kinda wish it was only 3 stock, I can understand the time limit completely, but with 4 stock, there is a good possibility that people will go to Sudden Death...which, in my opinion, is really lame. I don't really like playing with items, but as long as they ban the really cheaps ones (which they have) then I can deal with it. I am completely for banning all of those joke levels that are on the ban list....I hate Hyrule soooo much.

Pyon.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 04:44:34 pm »
I'm really hoping they do a team tournament as well as a melee tournament.  They did a team one for Naruto last year, so it would make sense.

All of us should gather on like the first night of the con or the night before if they have the game room open and practice with each other!  I really wanna see all your guys' skillz!

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 05:16:08 pm »
I agree. I actually think it would be a really fun idea if they had a team tournament in addition to the regular tournament...although I don't know how possible it would be.

I am planning on practicing before the tournament in the game room, i'll be playing Ganondorf (as usual)...looking forward to seeing you all there.

Pyon.

Offline Digital Watches

• Oni
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 10:35:14 pm »
Yes.
What I DON'T like is people who play Sheik but not Zelda, or vice versa. It's an insult to us Zelda/Sheik players.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 12:22:24 am »
I used to be a Sheik player and never would use Zelda.  Now I use Zelda more than I use Sheik.

Lime, I'll be playing as Fox, or the occasionally Jigglypuff yelling out "RAAAAAAPE!" everytime I do Jiggly's down-grab.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 11:14:53 am »
Quote from: "limeloverj2x"
This is what it said under the tournament rules and schedules thread in this forum.

Quote from: "Kalira"
Rules have been modified from the Penny Arcade Expo site with permission.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
- Single elimination
- 1 vs 1
- 4 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- Items set to Low
- Banned Items (tentative): Heart, tomatoe, food, star, hammer, cloaking device, party ball, metal box, red koopa shell, mushroom
- Banned Stages (tentative): Hyrule, Termina, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi 64, Icicle Mtn., Flatzone, Big Blue

I would have thought that it would have been melee, but the rules that were posted for SSBM seem to say otherwise, but if i'm reading it wrong, or you know otherwise....please tell me :)

Pyon.

Whoops, didn't read that so scratch what I said.
And I'm probably not going to play in the tournament, but I like the party ball and Hyrule level.  What I don't like is that small level based on Link: Majora's Mask (Lot's of Water, there's a turtle, small cottage; sorry, don't know the name)

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 06:45:41 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I used to be a Sheik player and never would use Zelda.  Now I use Zelda more than I use Sheik.

Lime, I'll be playing as Fox, or the occasionally Jigglypuff yelling out "RAAAAAAPE!" everytime I do Jiggly's down-grab.

lol.

Negima-You're refering to Termina (AKA Great Bay), which is on the list of banned levels. While I personally like the level, I can see why it should be banned from the tournament, as there is many ways to get screwed over really easily on that level.

...Sheik players need to use Zelda too...if you can't see the amazing advantages that Zelda has to offer, then you're just playing blind.

Pyon.

Cyclone

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 12:18:10 am »
i am so excited about this years ssbm tourny
last year i came in second (i was the pink C. Falcon)
but now my best character is.... Peach
i cant wait to play everyone this year
mabey Southern Oregon will dominate again last year we took first second and third

Deahawk

Heh...
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 12:23:38 am »
I didn't go to last years tourny, but I heard Dorf was good, but my friends dominated.  I'll be going this year, and so far I'm ranked #1 in southern Oregon, a lot better than the winner last year.  I promise to give you a good run for your money.

And remember the scary death Marth that took third?  I better than him too...

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
Re: Heh...
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 12:37:39 am »
Quote from: "Deahawk"
I didn't go to last years tourny, but I heard Dorf was good, but my friends dominated.  I'll be going this year, and so far I'm ranked #1 in southern Oregon, a lot better than the winner last year.  I promise to give you a good run for your money.

And remember the scary death Marth that took third?  I better than him too...

Haha...finally some respect.

I really don't know what to make of the competition this year, but all I can say is that it's going to be an interesting tournament this year.

As good as I was last year...well...let's just say I was a trash player then, compared to how good I am now. I can't even believe I got 4th with the skills I had last year, so i'm praying that everyone's skills have matured as much as mine have. I love good competition :)

Pyon.

Deahawk

I'm ecstatic
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 12:47:20 am »
I'm getting really excited!   I want to play in the tourny and meet new challenges!  I look forward to fighting you.  My main is fox, and use Y. link, Ganondorf, sheik, falco, C. Falcon, Link, and sometimes Marth as secondaries (yeah...lots of seconds)

Are we going to be using names this year, because that way we could identify each other, and in official tourny's they use names.  It wouldn't take a whole long time to set up, even if it is around 60 people.  just when a person goes up to fight for the first time, they put in their name and use it next time.
 In official tourny's they also do best two out of three matches, because items and stage conditions can make it so that the better one doesn't really win (like last year when the third place guy got third instead of first and way way more skilled than the first placed guy, being a free for all and items)

Deahawk

double post (I'm so excited)
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2005, 12:56:22 am »
I forgot to say that I also heard that you knew to use ganon's kick as recovery.  That means your serious about the game, and you'll be good.  and a samus that bomb jumped and would graple to the side (not hard, but if your a newb you wouldn't know) and unlock the graple beam the first time everytime he did it.

Where did you learn how to do this kinda stuff?  Do you know what wavedashing, shining, and all the advanced stuff is?  I've always wanted to fight a Ganon like this.

Anonymous

wee
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 12:58:52 am »
I'll probably use my best, Fox, in the tournament.  As confident as I am in 1v1 matches and stuff, it's still very nerve racking when you enter competition like this.  My legs kinda get numb and my arms start to tingle.  Strange, ne?

I remember when I was in the SSBM tournament at Sakuracon, some yelled, "Fox in a melee??" .....

Maybe it's time for some Ice Climbers action!

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 01:16:19 am »
It would be wonderful if we could do best 2 out of 3, but since there is time constraints, I don't think it's very possible...but I agree with you, really really talented players can get screwed by a stroke of luck, and it's really frustrating when that happens.

It would be awesome if we could all identify by names in the game, but I don't believe people would like it very much...i'm sure they would be complaining with "hurry up!" etc....it's kinda lame, but oh well. I'll try to be sure to remember everyone and who they play as and ask something like "did you post in my thread on SSBM on the kumoricon forums?11!!1!1!1!!!eleventyone"

or something stupid like that...lol.

If everybody's as good as they say they are, we'll notice each other :)

Deahawk-Where are these official tournaments you play at, because if they're not too far away, I might have to go road trippin :P

Yeah! I know how to use the kick as recovery...I am serious about the game. I just recently mastered wavedashing. I think I know what shining is, but i've never heard it refered to as such...so just in case...explanation please? I know pretty much all the advanced stuff in the game, most of it I learned playing with my friend, others I learned just from looking around online.

The Samus who could do the advanced stuff was Dman, the one who should have won the tournament (at least in my eyes).

As far as how good I am with Ganon, all I can say is that i've never played, or heard of, another person who plays him as well as I do. But you never know, there is always the possibility of someone better.

And btw...how do you know these things about me?...do you know a guy named Nick?

Deahawk

yay
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 01:28:01 am »
Nope, when my friends came back they told me billions of story's.  I didn't get to go last year because I had no money, but I have a job now, so it's all good.

the tourny's are very far away...sadly, usually in southern california or accross the country. :(

Shining is when....you know what...I'll show you...don't wanna give away my weapons now do I?  you should be able to find it online easily enough, and i'll be the one doing it and probably saying something about it.

I will tell who you are by a ganon that wavedashes, you will probably see a wavedashing fox with the name of Wench, or Deahawk or something if we use game names, Garrett if it's our real ones.

I will tell you something to practice that is very important for Ganon.  L- canceling!  you hit L or R right before you hit the ground when performing an aerial to decrease your lag by half.

If you can't tell i'm pretty serious about the game, and know pretty much all the advanced tricks.  don't worry, I don't infinate.

Deahawk

Oh right
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2005, 01:29:57 am »
and I haven't really played at an official tourny, I talk to the people who are considered pros online and watch vids, and play the game with friends.

I would say I am almost pro level, not quite, but i'm catching up quickly.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2005, 01:45:26 am »
Dude, it's cool, I am very serious about the game too, so I know where you're coming from...why else would I have started this thread?

I would say I am at the same level...almost completely pro, but not quite.

The first thing that I thought of when I heard "shining" was using Fox's reflector, in general, as an offensive weapon...(i.e. dragging someone off the stage by repeatedly using the reflector while wavedashing at them.)

And after I looked it up, I found I was right...lol.

I'll be looking out for you, now that I know that you know how to shine offensively...the stakes have been raised. Dude...L-canceling...that's like second nature to me now...that stuff was learned long ago. Like I said, if I can enter my name in the game i'll be "Dorf", but otherwise, my name is Andrew :)

Haha, it feels cool that someone noticed my skills at last years tourny.

You're getting me really pumped for the tournament, and I have a feeling that you just might be my greatest competition.

Deahawk

NICE!!
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2005, 01:48:30 am »
Your even better than they said!

I can't wait, and yes, your right.  If we get a match together I can tell it'll be a good one.

Deahawk

oh wait
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2005, 01:52:20 am »
the repeated wavedash shine is called a waveshine, and that is hard as hell.  I can usually do a three part one, but it's an unreliable skill against most characters except bowser and dk, and I don't practice that move much anyway.

so yeah, shining is basically hitting with the shield.  Shine spiking is using the reflector to kill them when they are off the side.

Great, now i reveiled my playing strategy.  but don't fret, I have other tricks up my clever sleeves.  I got a throw combo I haven't seen or heard of anybody else using yet :)

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2005, 02:04:54 am »
Haha...this is exciting.

Don't worry, your tactics will go straight over most player's heads, so no need to fret about people seeing your tactics.

Even if we don't have a match in the tourny together, we gotta get together and have a couple matches together in free play.

Also, my friend is so pro as C. Falcon, so you have him to contend to with as well. He's my regular sparring partner, so we're pretty much on the same skill level.

As far as the advanced stuff, I pretty much know how to do all of it.

Meteors, spiking, wavedashing, L-canceling, teching, short jumping, chain-throwing...you name it. Mastering this game has been my main video game endeavor for about 2 years straight now...and it shows.

We'll probably end up hanging out in the gaming room, so i'll see you there.

Deahawk

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 02:36:34 am »
you even know the difference between meteor smashes and spikes!!  Chain throwing too!  I think this tourny will be really fun.

I kinda like the hyrule temple stage...but yeah, it's gotta be ban if we have a match, or if any of the people around here have a match with anyone.  It'd never end.
  Final Destination stage is good for Marths though...I don't really like him much.  Too many people use him, and he's all I fight, so I have more practice than I think I need to take them out easily enough.

Maybe I'll see a decent bowser.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 02:50:30 am »
I really wanna see someone play a decent Bowser...that would be cool.

Blech, I know what you mean about too many Marths, but I guess the main advantage would be that since so many people play him, i'm used to his play style, thus I have an easier time when so many people pick him.

Hyrule is all right, but with the rules given, it would be too easy for someone to stall out a victory, or force a sudden death (since each match in the tourny is gonna have a time limit).

I prefer final destination for 1 Vs. 1 battles, but as far as melee goes, i'd rather play somewhere else.

...I just hope I don't get screwed early on in the tourny by some fluke incident, which is what happened at this year's Sakuracon.

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 03:58:49 am »
Oh. If I DO play, I always try to play as somebody weird. Expect to see me as Pi(ka)chu, Ness, Mr. Game and Watch, Ganon, or Young Link.

Mostly Pikachu and Ness. They're my two best.

Deahawk

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 04:09:27 pm »
How many characters will we be allowed to use in the tourney?  Official rules are two (although they use the best two out of three rule, so you counter pick characters)

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 04:15:51 pm »
I'm sure they won't even check (or care)...you could use as many different characters for as many different rounds you play...this could give advantages to certain skilled individuals. Then again, this could always change, but that's how it was at sakuracon this year, and how it was at kumoricon last year.

I'm trying to improve my Roy for that very reason :)

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2005, 06:41:48 pm »
heh. with Deahawk in the tourney, its gunna be a slaughter. even though im doomed to fail against him, Im still going to enter the tourney. cant w8!
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005, 06:42:40 pm »
I feel so ashamed....Wavedash shine? Wave shine?? Oh man....I'm good at SSBM, but I've never heard of those two, I've only heard of wave dashing.  Gah........

Is there a glossary or index online somewhere that will explain every term?

Cyclone

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2005, 10:10:42 pm »
w00t for torneys!!!
i am getting so excited. People are talking in my languge (even though i hang out with deahawk almost everyday). Lime i dont know if you remeber me but we played together in a couple matches (at least the last one) i too have gotten so much better.i was the pink C.Falcon but now i play about a hundred times better with Peach.
Cant wait!

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2005, 10:31:25 pm »
Haha...I remember you. I remember that tournament very well.

Glad to hear your skill has improved :)

Pyon.

dmstudios3

SMASH
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2005, 12:06:38 am »
I will be coming to kumoricon this year.  I would like to play against anybody who is willing.  I haven't played in a while, but my skill remains largely intact.  I've been using Ness, Link, and Bowser.  They are the most fun characters to play.  I have a pretty good Bowser.  

I got third at Sakuracon with Bowser.  Everybody was chanting his name.  It was great.  Oh, and by the way, this is D-Man to anybody who is interested.  Challenges are fun!

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2005, 12:18:26 am »
Ahh...D-man. I don't know if you remember me or not, but we played a couple of times at Kumoricon, I played Ganon. You're one of the best players i've ever played, so i'm glad you can make it this year. I look forward to playing you.

Haha, it's funny now that I think about it, but you got screwed at Kumoricon last year (I remember watching your match) and I did pretty well (4th), and then at Sakuracon this year you did well and got 3rd, while I got eliminated early on. Melee is crazy like that sometimes :cry:

Also, are you planning on entering any AMV's this year? I believe you entered 1 (or 2) last year, and they were good. Just curious.

Pyon.

Deahawk

Cycypoo
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2005, 01:20:45 am »
Yeah, Cyc's insane now.  With this line up we'll have a lot of fun matches even for the people watching.  
  We'll have to freeplay, yeah.  Get the superstars together for a few rounds.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2005, 01:42:50 am »
Yeah man, we gotta round up all the exceptionally good players and have a couple of rounds together...it's a must now that we have so many good players. Looking forward to it.

Pyon.

Heavensclone

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2005, 05:08:13 pm »
Hey Dman, who are you going as this year?  I'm sorry, but I can't remember faces too well.  I just remembered sitting next to ya at Sakuracon and saying "Wow, your pretty good.  There was a guy at Kumoricon called Dman who was pretty awesome too."

You're like, "That was me, I'm Dman" or something.

I felt kinda stupid.  I'll just yell out your name as loud as I can and see who responds.

Heavensclone

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2005, 05:09:48 pm »
Oh yeah, do you guys wanna set up some kind of time we can meet in the game room for some matches?  I was just about to email some kumori staff about if the game room will be open on Friday night.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2005, 05:31:34 pm »
I'd be down with getting together for some free play :D

When you get a response...let us know.

Deahawk

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2005, 11:19:44 pm »
I would like to play a few matches but...i don't really want to spend most of the time in the game room, so yeah, a time would be cool.
  If we got the greater players together then we could to the bowser challenge!  Three people on a team as bowser, the other person gets to be whoever.  Four stocks, no items, and the only stage that can be played is fountain of dreams.
  It's really fun, even though the person alone gets creamed if the bowsers know at least how to play with bowser a little.

Deahawk

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2005, 01:55:58 am »
Crew battles would be perfect.  Each crew gets 20 stocks added together, and crews are 4-5 people.  No items, all stages banned in the tourney are ban.  All matches are 1vs 1.
  If a crew has 4 people each person has 5 lives, 4 stocks per person for a four man crew (suicide once if the other team needs five and you need four)
  after the first battle, the player fights against another member of the opposing crew with the same amount of lives as he had last match (like...say billy wins against jim, and has 2 stocks left, so they start the match and billy suicides twice or three times to get back down to 2.)

If we get to do this each crew would get their own name, and it'd be cool to have a crew tournament.

Heavensclone

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2005, 02:48:47 am »
.........waa?

I'm confused...

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2005, 03:01:18 am »
That took me a second to grasp, but now I understand it. That would be totally cool if we did that...it seems like a fun concept.

I don't really know when everyone else wants to meet up...so somebody throw out a suggestion.

Pyon.

Deahawk

about crews
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2005, 03:26:10 am »
Um...k I think I might have an easier way to explain.

A crew is a group of 4-5 players, added together the whole crew gets 20 stocks.  

In a four person crew, each person get's five lives (20 / 4 = 5)

In a five person crew, each person get's 4 lives (20 / 5 = 4)

All battles are 1 on 1, and the winner fights the next opponent with the same amount of lives he ended his previous fight with.

Now for the suiciding things.

Let's say a crew of 4 is playing a crew of 5.  Each person needs a different amount of lives.  So the five person crew guy suicides once to make the teams stocks 4 if they just started.

for example: First game, the Mama's (a five person team) vs the Mothers( a four person team).

First battle, jim (Mama's 20) vs bob (Mother's 20).  since Jim is from the five person team crew, he suicides so he has four lives (stocks are set to five so that the mothers can have 5 stocks)
  let's say jim wins with 2 stocks left over.

second battle, Jim (Mama's 18) vs Mary (Mother's 15).  Jim suicides until he has two lives left, while Mary is fine.
  let's say Mary wins with 3 stocks left over

third battle, Mark (Mama's 16) vs Mary (Mothers 13).  Mary suicides twice to get down to 3 stocks, while Mark suicides once to get to his teams basic 4 stocks.
  Let's say Mark wins with 1 stock left over.

fourth battle, Mark (Mama's 13) vs Greg (Mothers 10) Mark suicides down to 1 stock, Greg is fine.
  Let's say Mark wins with his one stock still left.

fifth battle, Mark (Mama's 13) vs Nate (Mothers 5)  Mark suicides down to 1 stock again, and Nate is fine.  
  To make this long story short, let's just say that Mark beats him too.

the winner is the Mama's, with 13 stocks left.

does this make sense?

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2005, 03:54:34 am »
Makes perfect sense.

Although I suppose that explanation wasn't for me...

Pyon.

Heavensclone

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2005, 11:42:02 am »
Yeah, that makes more sense.  Will someone be keeping track of the stocks leftover or is that up to each individual player?

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2005, 10:30:16 pm »
hey hey dude dane we will be there a few days early we could set it up in are room

Heavensclone

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 12:46:30 am »
We could!  I'd need to practice SSBM more than Naruto, so we'll be playing SSBM most of the time.  BTW, you didn't put a name in.  Is this Jeremy, Rob...?

But yes, we'll have two extra days of practice.  I am so psyched, and this team thing where the pros gather sounds interesting too :) :) :) :)

Deahawk

About the stocks
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2005, 01:30:14 am »
We would probably have somebody else keeping track of the stocks, but it's pretty simple.

I don't know if we would really do this, but I think it would be a lot of fun to have a crew tourny if we could get it together.

Heavensclone

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2005, 07:16:08 am »
Yay for crew tournies!

Oh, I haven't received an email back from anyone about when the game room opens, so would you guys come to a SSBM room party on that Friday night if the game room is not open (or is open but closes early)?  My info is on the thread "Shall we dance" in this gaming section.

Deahawk

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2005, 11:29:01 am »
It would be cool to have enough people for a crew tourny, but it's 4-5 people per crew.  so if we had...about...5-6 crews, each getting eliminated after it loses, that would be a tourney I think...8 crews would be perfect though.
  Theres only one thing...4 people per crew is...32 people.  so since some crews would probably have five, then that means there'd probably be more people than that.
  I wouldn't think that everyone would want to do this, cuzz each crew battle takes like 20 minutes to a half hour depending on the individual fights.
  So...probably...4 hours for an eight crew tourny.
  It would be really fun, even if we got three or four crews.

I already have one together, The House of Whorror.  Each of us has our own whorrifying alias.  (There's six people in our group, but one or two will have to sit out and not play)

Cyclone (Donny) is a sick Peach - SLUT
  Mike is a decent Marth - HUKR (hooker)
  Ben is a great Falco - SLUT (skank)
  Jeff is a great Marth - WHOR
  Jesse is a sick...sick man with Marth - PIMP
  Deahawk (Garrett) I play with Fox - WNCH (wench)

See all the Marths I play with?  Most everyone else that plays the game around here that plays at least a little picks Marth...all of those people except me were in the tourny last year, Jesse was the best out of them, but he got 3rd...Cyclone got second, and Jeff won the tourny.  Mike and Ben I hadn't heard a whole lot about, but I know they were in the tourny for awhile and raped a bit, then died...

Get some good crews together, because Jeff wants to be put out first, and he plans not to let me play...

Deahawk

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2005, 11:30:06 am »
Oh noes, I put Ben's name as SLUT on accident.  It's SKNK!

Jeff (Jade)

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2005, 01:34:13 pm »
I just figured it'd be fun to be able to fight everybody on the other crews :-)

Though I'd try really hard not to let you or the second person in our crew play. Bwaha. I know, I'm a WHORable person.

Heavensclone

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2005, 04:51:24 pm »
This is the response I got:

"The gaming room will be located in the Pacific North West Ball room in
the Double Tree to the right of the lobby.  We have roughly a 60' x
60' room this year.  ^_^  Unfortunately the gaming room will not be
open on Friday to anyone but staff and those involved in setup.
Please let me know if you have any other questions."

So ya, looks like the party is in our room on Friday night.

I call Dman in my crew if able!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2005, 09:17:56 pm »
Quote from: "Heavensclone"
I call Dman in my crew if able!

Why not do something like pull names out of a hat to decide who is in which crew?

Heavensclone

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2005, 10:44:25 pm »
Hmm...Aye!

dmstudios3

fjao;ifjuaeoifvjm
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2005, 06:53:59 pm »
D-Man here.  Yes, I submitted an AMV this year.  Hopefully it will be shown.  They're only going to show 19 out of the 32 or so that were submitted this year, so, yeah.  

I would love to get together and play people early on in SSBM, Naruto, KOF 2003 (if someone has it), Tekken 5, and/or Soul Calibur 2.  Maybe a couple of random other fighting games, too.  You know, ones I haven't played.

Anyway, I was dressed as Cloud from Advent Children.

Deahawk

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2005, 01:17:11 am »
Oh right, and the guy counting the stocks says go, and both players have to be on opposite sides of the stage, and invincibility worn off.
  The pulling names out of a hat could be fun, but I wouldn't know who i'm talking to in my crew, and I fight my friends all the time, twould be a little boring for us to fight each other instead of new people (my reason for joining the tourny).
  I think it's fun to organize your own Crews, that way it's more of a team effort, because they are your crew, not like a school group assignment... a really fun school group assignment.  wouldn't you like to be with your buds, and not against them?  I just kinda don't wanna seperate from em, ya know.

Deahawk

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2005, 01:18:12 am »
I'm not saying I won't play if we do pull names out of a hat, it's just that I want to see how far my group can get in a crew tourny, cuzz we put it together like a year ago, and haven't been able to test it.

Heavensclone

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2005, 07:45:47 am »
I would love to get together and play people early on in SSBM, Naruto, KOF 2003 (if someone has it), Tekken 5, and/or Soul Calibur 2. Maybe a couple of random other fighting games, too. You know, ones I haven't played.

K, so my group will have the Naruto 3, SSBM, and Soul Calibur II discs.  I don't think any of us have Tekken 5 or KOF 2003.  So if there is anyone who can bring those, that'd be cool.  I think we'll have two modded Gamecubes in my group, so all that would be needed are extra controllers.  Hopefully my group will have their two rooms linked, I requested two linked rooms when I reserved them.

Oye, Dman, since you said you'll be Advent Children Cloud again?  Awesome, it'll be easier for me to spot again.  I'll be the Devil May Cry 3 Dante wondering on the Friday night.

So Deahawk, we could just have a couple crew tournies.  The first one can be with chosen crews, and the second one can be with random crews.  Should take too long to get through two crew tournies like that, ne?

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2005, 06:48:25 pm »
I have a crew together and am willing to have a couple of rounds with you all, but i'm not sure exactly when we're gonna do this. Is this gonna be the friday night before the con?...if so, then what time is it gonna be, and in who's room are we gonna play the games in? I'm down for pretty much everything, but I just need to know what exactly is going on here.

Pyon.

Heavensclone

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2005, 07:56:13 pm »
It will most likely be done in my groups rooms, if they are linked.  If not, just my part of the group's room.  We can definitely do it on Friday night, that would work out the best I think.  However, the hotel won't assign a room number until check-in.  Will there be anyone to get a hold of in someway on the Friday we check-in?

Deahawk

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2005, 07:16:34 pm »
sounds fun. My crew will probably all go.

Deahawk

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2005, 07:35:13 pm »
It takes a long time for anyone to post.........    ........  space dot dot.

if we do random crews we would need to make up crew names on the spot (these could be interesting), and each crew has a captain, or co-captains, co-captains only in a 5 man team.  They decide the order of who goes first and so on.

And each person is only allowed one character choice per crew battle (for example, if you play as mario and win in crew battle 1, then your next match in the same crew battle has to be with mario.)

We needs tah post more...

Heavensclone

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2005, 08:44:30 pm »
Let's try and get this topic 10 pages long!! Heh heh

I'd be the captain of my crew.  There still exists the problem of how we will communicate with each other when we arrive at the con.  It can be kind of a pain to search for people.  So unless someone is willing to give up a cell number, I'll try and make a post when I arrive at the Doubletree in this topic.    Hopefully they'll have computers with internet access in the lobby so I can post my room number.

Sticking with one character is a good idea for the crew tournies.

gg deahawk

F34r d4 F0X

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2005, 11:25:01 pm »
I'm some what good with Captin Falcon, Link and Pikachu (I know, its a pokemon, but its a good character. And you don't receive damage when you do special moves like Pichu does.) Anyway, if anyone wants to be with my crew, which is of me and nobody else. If anyone wants to join my crew, you will need to agree that I am the captin and I go last. I don't care how good you are, I will accept anybody.  Anyway, How do you sign up for the tournaments anyway? Because last year I didn't know where to go to sign up.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2005, 11:27:04 pm »
Quote from: "DarkKnightUltima"
I'm some what good with Captin Falcon, Link and Pikachu (I know, its a pokemon, but its a good character. And you don't receive damage when you do special moves like Pichu does.) Anyway, if anyone wants to be with my crew, which is of me and nobody else. If anyone wants to join my crew, you will need to agree that I am the captin and I go last. I don't care how good you are, I will accept anybody.  Anyway, How do you sign up for the tournaments anyway? Because last year I didn't know where to go to sign up.

By the way, I was the guy with red hair, greyish flannel shirt open, blue jeans, white t-shirt, and a Griever necklace that had my name tag on it last year if anybody saw me.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Deahawk

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2005, 11:51:57 pm »
Crews are gonna be in Heaven's room I think, but we'll have to do something about something somehow...does that make sense?  We need to meet up, find his room, get together and play, but if we got like, four crews in a room, that's at the least four each, so 12 at the least...

Would you be ok with like 16 plus people in your room dude?

and yeah, get together, we have buds with cell phones, and you could set a meeting place or something.  I think random crews will be fun, but I wanna see how my arrangement with my crew is gonna go.  I all strategitized it out.

and you really have to take into account what kinda player your putting in what place.  Like if you think that the first person your setting out would be better for ripping through stocks, or if he'd be better as a clean up, or in the last place would be the best defender.

A team captains gotta be pretty good at organization and know his team mates and his own style.  I am more of a mop up, so I'm going third or fourth.  second to last.  see?  Strategitized.

Cyclone

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 12:27:29 am »
I get to go first on his team!
P.S. I will be wandering the lobby and the halls aas either Itachi or Sasuke from Naruto. Uchiha pride!

Deahawk

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 01:23:40 am »
Yes...so captains decide the order, but the order is not set, so you decide who goes in, but before the matches start, everyone needs to decide their character and tell the captain.

yays.  Maybe some of the people setting up stuff will find out about how fun and big this thing can be and make an official tourney thing for us, and people's band of friends will herd...but prolly not...

And I don't want to spend most, or even a third of my time playing games, but I'm getting riled up and ready to play, and crews will be fun.  I need to fight Dorf and D-man in the tourney, but if we don't there's freeplay.

Jade

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 12:11:28 pm »
I'm in Dea's crew, prolly gonna be second. I'm hoping to be checked in on Friday ASAP, so we can get some SSBM action started quick. Don't spam the number or anything, but my cell is 541-326-9752. Call when you get in town, and I'll make sure we meet up and have some fun.

Oh yeah, I was the green Marth last year that won. I really doubt I'm gonna win again though - Deahawk usually beats me now. *grumble*

Deahawk

yeah!
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2005, 01:06:14 am »
10 pages, come on!

so how many crews do we have ready now?  We have one (me Jade and Cyc)  and Dorf said he has one.  do you have one Heaven?

Heavensclone

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2005, 01:36:03 am »
Pretty positive (btw, 12 people is fine in my room so long as everybody behaves themselves, like, no loud noises.  If my rooms are linked, then we can do the crew tournies in both rooms so it's less crowded).

In my crew will be Brian, Ian, Zach, and Josh.

I'm still fuzzy on how order plays a role in the crew tournies, so I'll just spitball it.

Ian is first
Zach is second
Josh is third
Brian is fourth
Dane (me) am fifth

And da hell with it, I'll post my cell.  But like Jade said, no spamming the number.  It's 541-420-1633.  Jade, I already added your cell on my phone.  Heh heh, you're known as SSBM Jade in my contact list.

Everyone should try to get some kind of immediate contact information with each other to make finding everyone easier when we arrive.

Maybe we can stop by a 7 11 or some other store to pick up refreshments for this tourny.  We need mountain dew!

"Where's the mountain dew!?"
"It's in the fridge, duh!"
"Can I have a mountain dew??"
"YES!!"

lol, gotta love those D&D spoofs.

More to come, keep posting!

Deahawk

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2005, 01:45:48 am »
Uh-oh, Cyc's obsessed with Mountain Dew!  Dear god, you'll have to limit him.  Lol.

Deahawk

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2005, 01:59:05 am »
You don't have to decide the order before the fight, but you do have to decide who goes first, then after you watch that battle, you put in who you think could deal with the guy that just won and so on.  the only set thing is the characters you pick for the crew battle your in.

Like if spaggetti's are fighting O's, dave's character is Mario the whole time he's playing against the O's

Then spaggetti's fight the tahah's, and Dave chooses Peach, but has to play the whole time as peach against the O's.  

Also, once a captain puts a guy in, he isn't pulled out, he plays until he loses.  Then once he's done, you pick the next guy.  crews are gonna be fun

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2005, 02:01:41 am »
The hobo is in! Yeah I will be on HeavensClone's team... I am in there but you don't know who O_o... not that it matters. But yeahhh... My name will be
Hobo..

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

dmstudios3

crew. . .whee!
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2005, 12:30:40 pm »
I don't have a crew.  I am a crew!  Just Kidding.  Anyways, if I'm to come to this t-ment, I will need a place to stay on Friday night.  I only have enough money for Saturday and Sunday night at the con.  So if anyone could possibly let me mooch a room off of them on Friday night, I will be on their crew.  Maybe.  

Oh, and Heavensclone, I was Cloud at Sakuracon.  I will be Van from Escaflowne this year.  So look for the red shirt and black J-rock hair.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2005, 01:17:25 pm »
Well, I have a 3 person crew put together, but I need one more person...so i'll have to figure that out...but trust me, i'm still in :)

I'd let you stay in my hotel for free, dman, but I don't have it booked for friday night...sooo...scrap that idea.

What needs to happen now is:

1. All agree on a time when we can meet up in heaven's room

2. Heaven finds out his room number on the friday before the con.

3. Heaven (or one of his crew members) calls our cell phone numbers and tells us the room number.

4. Show up and have a good time :D

My cell number is: 503-502-4539

So it looks like the current call list is:

Jade (Representing Dea's crew) - 541-326-9752
Lime (Representing my own crew) - 503-502-4539

I also suggest a time around 6:00 PM to meet up in Heaven's room, although if that doesn't work out for certain people...we'll figure out a new time. Get the suggestions going people, it could be earlier...or even later, but the point is, we need to figure out this time!

Haha, i'm very happy this is actually going down :D

-Lime

Jade

« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »
6:00 is fine, but I'll probably start calling people sooner. *Most* likely we can have another visitor Friday night... all night, but we'd prolly need some sleep. Also, a space on the floor is all I can promise. I bought the hotel rooms, so I'm in charge... bwaha. Aaaand we already have five people, so I can't really promise much floor space either, but hey! It's free!

(I'll take payment by SSBM torture :D )

Heavensclone

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2005, 01:36:39 am »
Don't know if you guys would be up to this, but think it'd be a neat idea to have a SSBM dinner where the crew members can get to know each other before the tournies?  Don't know if any of you guys have been to August Moon, cus that's the only good chinese resteraunt I know, and it was by the Marriot last year.  Don't know how far the Doubletree is from the Marriot.

Anways, if we manage to get in contact with each others early, would anyone be up for this?

Cyclone

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2005, 09:59:17 pm »
If we get up there soon enough and the others are ready (Deahawk and Jade) I up for it. I ate at a chinese place last year near the hotel I'm not sure if its the same one. If it is the same one I'm thinking of then that is all the way across town. Mabey some place closer. The Marriot we stayed at last year is very south of where we are staying this year. But it is a good idea no the less. I'm up for it.

One vote for eating out.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2005, 01:32:17 am »
well i am the walrus! anyways yeah im a slave to the boss man heaven

Heavensclone

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2005, 02:35:27 am »
lol noice Waffles.

Waffle's is one of the people staying in my room.

Also Dman, if you can't find get a place to stay and my second room has space, you can stay there on Friday night.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2005, 03:00:50 am »
i was going to suggestthat yeah yeah except d you probally wont get sleep most of us are insomniacs

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2005, 05:34:46 am »
Quote from: "Waffles"
i was going to suggestthat yeah yeah except d you probally wont get sleep most of us are insomniacs

Dave Atell? Is that you?

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2005, 12:02:44 am »
Insomnia is a good thing... Anyways yeah not that it is my decision or anything but I am staying in the said "room number 2" and yeah I would be cool with it. But yeah fair warning me and Brian(another friend) are both well known insomniacs... so yeah if you hear us playing ssbm at like 4am... too bad :D, that's what pillows over your head are for :P.

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Heavensclone

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2005, 01:09:06 am »
Much of the pwnage there shall be once I enter thine room in the realm of SSBM :)

Deahawk

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2005, 12:39:55 pm »
mountain dew, and smash bros...  We are gonna have to do some bowser challenges, mayhaps even some giga bowser ones :)

waffles jr

« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2005, 02:39:08 pm »
yeah yeah brian ian nick and i well we arnt friends of sleep

Heavensclone

« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2005, 03:15:07 am »
Okay, so we got Cyclone, Jade, Deahawk, and my group (eight or nine people) who can possibly make a dinner plan for Friday night.  Anyone else in?

Deahawk

« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2005, 12:32:10 pm »
I'll be bringing an AR too, so we should have our set crew tourney, then our pulled from the hat ones (we could do a couple), so that would be a few hours probably, or at least a couple, then we have one on one all star matches, which shouldn't take too long (best two out of three, four stock)  Then we could do Giga bowser challenges (or bowser challenges if that makes the game freak out)

and we could have free for alls in target test stages if we wanted.

Deahawk

er...
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2005, 03:33:33 pm »
scratch the Giga bowser challenge...the game freaks out...

Heavensclone

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2005, 01:18:26 am »
Wait, you can somehow unlock Giga Bowser in the American version?

Btw, we won't have much time for anything more than two crew tournies on Friday night.  I might have to clear it out after that, but we can always continue more stuff during the next two nights following.

deahawk

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2005, 01:29:00 am »
lol, yeah kinda...

there's something called an AR (Action Replay) and you put in codes and it kinda does stuff...

so you can play as Crazy hand, master hand, giga bowser, shadow link, the wire frams...and yes...sandbag, who oddly enough has the highest jump in the game...It's pretty cool.  and you can play in the target test stages, homerun contest, the trophy levels, even the lobby inbetween allstar matches.

It's great!

Heavensclone

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2005, 03:41:17 am »
Cool

So far, we have filled seven pages.  Three more to go, and 5 days left to do it!

Jade

« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2005, 06:44:41 pm »
I'm up for trying to reach our goal of ten pages :D Though it's been up for like a month now to get to where we are now, lol. We're planning on getting to Portland by two at the latest, so if nobody objects I'll start calling SSBM Heaven and others.

Deahawk

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2005, 10:29:03 pm »
yes...two more pages...yah...eat...smash...eat...more eating...

Heavensclone

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2005, 02:19:03 am »
At 11:00am - 4:00pm on Friday I'll be in a Portland State University tour, so I probably won't be able to answer my phone during that time.  Immediately after the tour, I'll be heading to the Doubletree with my group to check-in.  Feel free to text message me though anytime during the tour.  I can easily check those (and put your name in the message so I know who's messaging me).

Silent communication ownz.

lol

Anyway, in other news I won the SSBM tournament at our local Game Crazy.  36 people signed up.  The highlight of the tournament was this:

Semi-Finals...3-man match...Ness, Captain Falcon, and Fox (me)...Brinstar...
I am fighting Cpt. Falcon more than I am Ness.  Suddenly, and item appears.  It turns out to be a mine.  So, seeing as Cpt. Falcon was approaching me as I stood on the left platform with mine in hand,  I throw the mine straight down as Cpt. Falcon lands gently in front of me about to attack.

So, I grab Falcon and yell, "DIE WITH ME!!!!!!"
(.5 seconds later)
BOOM!!!!!!!

Lol, funny how I managed to survive the explosion and he didn't, lol!

I am so gonna to try to pull something like that off at the kumoricon tournament :)  If not, there's always Street Fighter 3rd Strike and my imitation of Daigo's Amazing Comeback.

dmstudios3

woot
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2005, 09:46:41 am »
I won our local Gamecrazy tournament with Bowser. . . .against a Mario. . . .Bowser's Revenge!!!

Anyway, yeah, I humbly accept anybody's offer of a room on Friday night, even if it was on teh floor.  Call me on Friday at some point. I'm not sure when I'll be getting up there, but call me anyway.  My number is 1-541-335-1366.  My name is Derick.

ButterzDaTransformer

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2005, 12:55:48 pm »
yeah, i'm going for the crew tournys, i'm in DORF's crew so you all know, i also will be playing ganon because he is a pimp. i'm also a good ganon player, almost on the same skill level as DORF, i win about 45%-50% of the time(or so it seems). not sure what my name is going to be, either, CRY?, HI2U, or QTPI. i'm definatly down for eating before hand, i think that would be a really cool exp to hang with a bunch of good smash players and talk smash over chinese food. looking forward to teh tourny... hope to see you all there.

-Butterz

Deahawk

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2005, 11:17:34 pm »
I have a feeling the crews will be more fun than the actual tourney.  :)  It's only in a few days too.

Deahawk

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2005, 11:31:10 pm »
OOOh what now?  Ten page advancment post!!!

Heavensclone

« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2005, 03:09:42 am »
omg, can't believe it is so close!  Um, we need to get to ten pages fast!  So...everybody!  What times will you all be arriving at the Doubletree?

(hustle hustle, costume not done yet!!)

dmstudios3

what!!???
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2005, 09:36:45 am »
Don't know yet.  Won't know until Wednesday.  Maybe dressed as Van on Freeday. Or Friday, however you pronounce it.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
Figuring out the fine details.
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2005, 12:36:36 pm »
Okay, sorry for not responding earlier.

My crew is down with getting something to eat beforehand...it's sounds like alot of fun. I don't really care where we eat...so yeah...three cheers to food among SSBM players :)

Unfortunately, I didn't book a hotel room for friday night (I did for saturday and sunday though...) So what time my crew and I show up depends on what time you guys show up.

So let's get a schedule figured out here.

Could we all possibly meet up in heaven's room around 5:00-6:00 and then go get dinner, and then after dinner head back to the room at about 7:00-8:00 for the tourney? Or would that be too late for everyone? We need to figure out the details soon as the con is only in 3 days :shock:...so yeah...let's all make sure that this meet-up really goes down, cause it sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Ten pages everyone! Show the power of the SSBM brotherhood!

Heavensclone

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2005, 01:17:27 pm »
Just called the Doubletree, they have computer with internet access in the lobby.  When I arrive at around 4:00pm, I'll make the post with the room number.

You all gotta check this thread when you arrive.

Oye, Dman, is it the Van from Escaflowne?  Coolio!

Man, this is gonna be great.  I'm more so looking forward to the SSBM dinner cus that'll be just awesome.

Lime, that sounds good.  Everybody, once you guys check this thread, come to my room around the times Lime posted (5:00pm - 6:00pm).

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2005, 07:43:48 pm »
Good, I hope everyone can make it around the times posted, but if not...speak up.

Oh hey...I was just curious, what are the ages of everyone going? This is a good way to get the posts up...post your age!

I'm 17....18 on October 1st :D

Pyon.

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2005, 04:12:05 am »
I am 17... 18 in december... I just found something out in ssbm that completely redeems game & watch and makes him the coolest char ever! I am sure you all know it already but yeah... I will show it off in the room of doom. Dinner sounds like fun :D, hanging out talking about ssbm and other assorted things woo!

-goggle squad member

Deahawk

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2005, 10:29:24 am »
I turned 18 on the 4th of August.

Did you find out how to have the turtle out forever, or did you just find out to jump through the stage in corneria?  Game & Watch has some weird stuffs.

Cyclone

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2005, 12:51:40 pm »
I am 17 righ now 18 on Jauary first (new years baby!)
not old enough to be my own leagel gaurdian... dose everyone have their parental concent form signed who isnt 18 yet i almost forgot. Dont want anyone to miss out over a little piece of paper ^_^

Heavensclone

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2005, 01:15:47 pm »
I'm 19 right now, and will be 20 the first day of Sakuracon.

Oh guys?  Only a few more posts to get to 10!!  Step it up!

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2005, 06:14:25 pm »
It appears that the SSBM tournament is going to be held at 2:00-2:30 (can't quite see the exact time) on Saturday...the first day of the con...woot!

Just thought I'd say that in case somebody hadn't noticed.

Deahawk

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2005, 11:34:25 pm »
I didn't know...but I do now.  I'll be sure to wake up the sleepers so that we can make it.

Deahawk

« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2005, 11:59:36 pm »
another dude from Southern Oregon is coming, but he's gonna be here on the 3rd and only in the main tourney.

He's really good, and plays with Link, name is Derrick.  ten pages!

Deahawk

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2005, 12:07:20 am »
I'm all....ten pages Hoe's!  Then their all...we dun wanna rake, biotch

Then I cried about how ten pages would be cool...and I'll see you guys real soon too!

Deahawk

« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2005, 12:08:22 am »
I like, wanna say, I like kitties, and head kicks.

Deahawk

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2005, 12:09:50 am »
When we eat at the chinese place, I'll have to try something different.  It's cool to try new stuff.

I call it, spishak.

Deahawk

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2005, 12:15:56 am »
I'm t3hcited an like, buy cheap shinies!!  It'll prepare me for when THEY come...     THEM....

Deahawk

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2005, 01:08:16 am »
I'll be all up in the joint, makin my point, ya dig?  I got an hour and twenty minute break today (or yesterday, whatever) that's L337.  I so enjoyed today, and I hope the the con will be way better...

And ten pages is better too.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2005, 01:08:54 am »
OH MY GOD MAN...GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!

The egg rolls won't harm you as long as you don't attempt to eat them

<_<
>_>

So yeah.

Ten posts...here we come...

P.S. I'm not sure that we can get a 4th person, but we'll still show up regardless...we'd be willing to take a handicap if it might be required for only a 3 person crew....but w/e...it's still gonna be fun.

Ehh...fortune cookies will determine the winner of the tourney....at least that's my prediction.

Deahawk

« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2005, 01:12:18 am »
Zombies...they's all gonna die again...Redie...yes...

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2005, 01:16:44 am »
OMFG the end of the worl d is approaching!

Deahawk

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2005, 01:18:27 am »
I am scared of egg rolls, and yes, fortune cookies speak in writing, and as the old pirate kung-foo theif ninja master said, fortune cookies will one day, rule the world.

and there is a two legged dog on tv.

Cyclone

« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2005, 01:18:51 am »
I wanna pull out one of peaces zombie turnips...

Cyclone

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2005, 01:20:16 am »
Yay for page ten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2005, 01:22:45 am »
TEH OWNZ0RZ!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGE TEN!!!!

ZOMBIE TURNIP RULES!!!!!

TWO LEGGED DOGS SCARE ME!!!!!!!!

SSBM FOREVER!!!!!!!

Cyclone

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2005, 01:25:16 am »
lime you have a YIM?
i wish i thought of this sooner
mine is cyclonex_182

Heavensclone

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2005, 01:29:09 am »
WOO HOO!  TEN PAGES!!!

Stuff like that actually would be good to post:

AIM: HeavensClone
MSN: heavensclone@hotmail.com
Y!: JunbeiX

See you guys soon!

Deahawk

« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2005, 01:30:00 am »
I'm Deahawk_black_mage@yahoo.com

see?  Page ten awakens our inner brain that we didn't think we had.

dmstudios3

okay. . . .
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2005, 09:48:36 am »
Okay guys, time to cool off.  Ten pages has been hit.  You can take your pills now. . . .Dr. Mario's Pills!  Bding Bding!!!

My name is Derick (with one r) and I play as Link, too!  And Bowser, and Ness, and Samus, and Dr. Mario. . . .and. . . .and. . . .Pichu!!!!!

Can't wait!!! I'll bring Tekken 5 and Naruto 3 for anyone who wants to try them out as well before the tourneys.

Someone call me on Friday when we know what room we are doing the tourney gettogether thing.  1-541-335-1366 for anyone who didn't notice it before.

dmstudios3

oh yeah
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2005, 09:51:19 am »
Oh yeah. . . .I'm 22 turning 23 on Sept. 18th.  Cool and Woot!

ButterzDaTransformer

« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2005, 02:08:57 pm »
w00t to the 10 pages, sorry i didn't help much, anyways i'm in lime's crew and my info if anyone cares is

AIM- Sh4d0ws Fall666    <--- the 0 is a zero, cause i'm  douche

Jade

w00t!
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2005, 02:11:26 pm »
Well, the Deahawk group, led by yours truly :D got here today as of now. Room # is 1057. Cell is 326-9752, and I'm probably gonna start calling people soon. Sorry if it's a bad time, you can tell me that in a few minutes :D

Joyness. I'm Sanosuke (sometimes they call me Jeff too) right now and Cyclone (Donny) is Itachi.

Heavensclone

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2005, 02:53:38 pm »
My room number is 1155 (my other group's room numbe is 1153).  We are just getting unloaded.  Come on up guys!

Jade

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2005, 03:03:31 pm »
...okay!

dmstudios3

yay!
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2005, 02:19:26 pm »
YAY!!!  Random crew won the crew tournament!!