Author Topic: need the rundown for 2011  (Read 5950 times)

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
need the rundown for 2011
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »
i've never done cosplay chess before so could someone fill in the details that i should know cause i sorta wanted to sign up in 2011. so how does cosplay chess work at kumoricon? is it highly competitive? if so are there matches just for fun? what are the special rules i should know? anything else you can tell me would be really appreciated
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:06:59 pm by X[D_ubaga] »
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
Re: need the rundown for 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:29:25 pm »

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 04:10:17 pm »
seems serious, like i said above, do they have them just for fun or do you have to be really good to be chess master?
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:25:18 am »
From Experience, the point is not to play a technically good game of chess, it's to use all the pieces so that everyone has a chance to do something. You should still know all the rules and be able to play a good game, but it's more about acting and being in character and having a good time.

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »
awesome then i am so gonna try to be chess master as zero and the moment i can i'll move my king so the other pieces will follow (but i will only quote if someone asks me to)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 03:45:00 pm »
And you defiantly don't have to be good. 2009 my friend was chess master b/c the cosplays the two had worked, and she sucks at chess XD But it was fun.

That really all cosplay chess is: FUN!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:20:26 am »
I remember that, I was one of the three pawns not to die XD

My goal this year, not to be a pawn, or have my email skipped over :p
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 02:59:06 pm »
The rules and what not are said to be 'being updated for kumoricon 11' so I was wondering if anyone knows when those sets of rules will be put up and also when the sign ups for cosplay chess will start?
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 12:16:45 pm »
Usually summer is when they put everything up. I know last year they put everything out pretty late, so hopefully they'll be able to get it out a little earlier, but if not, at least people will have their cosplays done!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 07:52:15 am »
I briefly spoke with the cosplay chess coordinator at Sakuracon. I'm one of the cos chess coordinators & Emcee for Sakuracons games and she asked me to answer your questions on Kumori's cos chess.

I believe she will make an official 2011 cos chess thread with updates but At this point the existing rules are the guide to go by. She will also announce when signups are open, any theme for the game and let us know about any rule changes.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to get the answers for you.

Cheers,
Kato ~ Cos Chess Pixie
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 08:42:42 pm »
I'm curious to if the theme will be battle of the sexes again. I want to try to play as Chrona from Soul Eater, but obviously a gender unknown character wouldn't work if it is battle of the sexes again.
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:58 pm »
I'm curious to if the theme will be battle of the sexes again. I want to try to play as Chrona from Soul Eater, but obviously a gender unknown character wouldn't work if it is battle of the sexes again.

The theme hasn't been decided yet by our fearless Coordinator so when the rules and application are posted feel free to apply as Chrona. It's an excellent character.

Cheers,
Kato ~ Cos Chess Pixie
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!