Author Topic: What did you think of 2010 KumoriBall?  (Read 7976 times)

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
What did you think of 2010 KumoriBall?
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:34:43 pm »
Hello and Welcome to "What did you think of 2010's KumoriBall?"

I'm one of the people who helped out with the dance, and we'd like to know what you guys thought of it!
Things we'd like to know is:
If you liked the ball or not
why you liked it or not
what could we improve on
what are things you loved about it
and so on!
if you went or heard things about it please feel free to tell us so we can improve for a possible come back next year.

(Edited typo in subject line - randompvg.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:57:33 am by randompvg »
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
Re: What did you thing of 2010 KumoriBall?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:31 pm »
to be announced on usage!

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 11:39:24 pm »
I enjoyed it greatly! In fact, if you have this again next year, I'd like to be a host. :3

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:49:21 pm »
That would be greatly appreciated! In fact the one thing I didn't like this time was how few hosts we had and how many people we had show!
So send me your email and I'll get back to you.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:54:46 pm »
Hello! I hosted but I thought I'd throw my two cents in~

I greatly enjoyed this event, and loved helping with it.

I know this may turn some people off, but there should be some cap on how many people are allowed in there at a time. Near the beginning, people could barley move. And I know we hosts had no idea of the number of people nor could we control the amount of people coming in, but maybe we could talk to con staff and have them allow more people in as people came out (like they did the first year the ball was introduced)

Also, if we get more hosts, I think it would be cool to have a couple of them stationed near the doors, bowing to people and saying welcome as they walk into the ballroom, where music could already be playing softly in the background, with the rest of the hosts up near the stage like we had it this year.

Count me in to help again next year

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 11:58:08 pm »
I think you made a funny typo in the title of this thread...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 12:00:48 am »
I didn't participate, but I did try my best at dress check for a little under an hour and a half.  I can't speak for the actual ball experience itself, although it seemed popular since we frequently had to stop people at the door and form a line.

My issues were mostly how to enforce the dress code.  I didn't really have a concrete list.  I did not look extensively in the guide, however on the small booklet that listed all the dances, it simply said "Semi-formal or cosplay."  I tried to get some people to elaborate on "cosplay", and suddenly it became, "Well, if it's good cosplay."  What's that mean?  "Recognizable."  So, does that mean an L cosplayer (white shirt, blue jeans) is allowed in?

So, I'd just like to make a few suggestions.

- Make sure the dress policy is in the guide, stated clearly and is detailed.  (Someone told me it was, but I never saw it.)  If it isn't, then you end up dealing with people that waited in a long line for an hour who are understandably upset because their dress isn't "formal" enough. ^^
- Set up a few signs, at least one at the actual entrance and one near the beginning of the line that explains the dress code.
- Reduce the cap.  It seemed like 700 or whatever was in there was way too much for a formal dance.
- Could this be a ticketed event?  If so, you solve a couple problems: cap issues and dress code.  Since it would be a ticketed event, everyone that really wants to attend would get in first.  And since it is ticketed, that is one more opportunity to inform the attendees well in advance that there is a dress code and it will be enforced. ^^

Those are just my suggestions.  I hope it doesn't come off like I'm mad or anything because I actually really enjoyed my short time volunteering, even if it was full of a lot of confusion for the first 30 minutes or so.  And, given the fact that the room was full to capacity, it seems like other people had fun, too.  ^^

Good luck in 2011!! ^___^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 12:04:49 am »
- Could this be a ticketed event?  If so, you solve a couple problems: cap issues and dress code.  Since it would be a ticketed event, everyone that really wants to attend would get in first.  And since it is ticketed, that is one more opportunity to inform the attendees well in advance that there is a dress code and it will be enforced. ^^

I agree with this, the thing with this year was I don't think any of us had any idea how many people would actually show up to see the hosts host the ball.... @-@ I stood up there and people just never stopped coming in.....

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 12:11:01 am »
Haha, yeah.  I seem to recall awhile ago that this was like the "last chance" for the masquerade/formal/semi-formal ball/whatever. ^^  I literally was expecting like 50-100 people to be slow dancing together. XD

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 12:34:46 am »
I think the main problem was just that there weren't enough hosts to go around. They were all pretty busy, but the ones dressed as Host Club members got MOBBED. As soon as one of them was done dancing with someone, someone else would run up to them. Even if we increase the host number next year, these hosts will still get mobbed like crazy unless we have some other hosts cosplay as well from another series. Or perhaps we could add in a couple more characters from Ouran, perhaps? Maybe a Renge and a Kasanoda?

Either way, I have an easy solution for when the hosts are getting mobbed and just want to slip away to get some water and rest their feet for a second: throw reppy in the room to distract the mobs. :'D That'll catch their attentions!

(loljk)

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 01:04:40 am »
Haha, yeah.  I seem to recall awhile ago that this was like the "last chance" for the masquerade/formal/semi-formal ball/whatever. ^^  I literally was expecting like 50-100 people to be slow dancing together. XD

THAT.

I think the main problem was just that there weren't enough hosts to go around. They were all pretty busy, but the ones dressed as Host Club members got MOBBED. As soon as one of them was done dancing with someone, someone else would run up to them. Even if we increase the host number next year, these hosts will still get mobbed like crazy unless we have some other hosts cosplay as well from another series. Or perhaps we could add in a couple more characters from Ouran, perhaps? Maybe a Renge and a Kasanoda?

Either way, I have an easy solution for when the hosts are getting mobbed and just want to slip away to get some water and rest their feet for a second: throw reppy in the room to distract the mobs. :'D That'll catch their attentions!

(loljk)

I like the adding in more main Ouran characters. I think having more than one Tamaki, etc would kind of detract away from the effect of having the characters.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:05:22 am by kimiski »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 03:35:42 am »
I personally think there should be actual classical ballroom music along with a formal yet appropriate enough dress code for a ball.

And yes, I agree with having more hosts! x3

Offline killblazer

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 03:53:29 am »
I had a blast, got to dance with a lot of women and had some good conversations. There were some awkward and unexpected moments but to an extent those can be expected. As for the masquerade part, I know I didn't wear a mask, but after seeing sooooo many people without masks and people carrying in props, I figured I would be fine.
Kumoricon 2010 Outfits

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 03:59:09 am »
I had an alright time. I danced a little. I think next year they should call it KumoriDance insted of KumoriBall.
Ball = Ballroom dancing/music
Dance = miscellaneous dance music rangeing from ballroom to jazzy to other classic dances.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »
@ killblazer- masks were not required this time around.

@ saki-the-cat- We can still play ballroom music, as well as jazz and other classy music and still have it be a ball. The point in having this is for it to be at least semi-formal, and not just another dance like the ones the DJ's play at.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: What did you think of 2010 KumoriBall?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 01:56:01 pm »
At the risk of an unforgivable pun, it sounds to me like whatever it gets called, the people who were there had a ball...  ;)

I'll enthusiastically second the notion that it should be a ticketed event - I wanted to go just to see what it was like, but by the time I was finished with my shift the line was so long that there was no hope in Hades of getting in.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Styx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 02:58:01 pm »
Once again, a ticketed event would go a whole lot smoother.
Other than that, though, as just a passive dancer, I didn't see much crowding problems other than occasionally bumping into someone.
Also, I was very joyed when they played that song from Zelda - my memory's foggy, but I think it was Majora's mask.

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 03:11:05 pm »
I think you guys did an amazing job, honestly.
As one of the hosts, though.... We were getting -mobbed-. Like it was bad.
I seriously didn't get any water until one of my friends cut in and was like "8D come on Mori! You need this!"

But, besides that, it was fun.
Like, a ton of fun.

Another idea? Since you're going to have so many hosts next year? Why not get a rehearsal in before hand, and start all of the hosts off with a dance, just between them? Like, when I hosted for a different con a few years ago, we had all the hosts learn Waltz to the Moon from FF8, and we all danced it together as a big, choreographed thing.

Just an idea.

I will gladly host for you guys again next year, if the need should arise, because we will definitely be coming back to kcon next year.
<3 <3 <3 Thank you for a great time, everyone!
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »
We were supposed to have two dance practices

One in Portland before the con
And another one on Day 0

I think for next year, all hosts should have a way to contact all other hosts, and we should make sure to get some group dance practice in. Though some people won't be able to cause they won't live close enough to attend group ones, a day 0 practice should definitely happen.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 04:32:35 pm »
Another motion for this to be a ticketed event.
The beginning was just plain crazy and difficult to move around in.
Maybe add a little more variety to the songs?  Like swing, chacha, etc.  I didn't stay for all of the ball but it sounded like it was mostly waltz with a few others from time to time.

But overall, I enjoyed it and I look forward to another year of it.

Offline Ryusui

• Oni
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 05:19:54 pm »
In general I had a lot of fun at this event, but the first group of slow songs were hard to hear and were hard to dance to because they either had no real beat, or the beat was so amazingly slow.  It was also slightly jarring to go from a slower waltzy style song to the swing and then back again.  I'm fine with there being a swing/jazz section of the dance, but going back and forth was odd.  I also liked the lack of mask requirement.  I get the fun of a masquerade, but honestly getting a mask to match your outfit and keeping track of it and wearing it can kinda be a pain in the rear.  Also, you guys had to interrupt the dancing a couple times for legitimate announcements.  Perhaps have the first 5-10 minutes be socializing and announcements at the start of the event before getting the music and dancing going?

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 06:39:27 pm »
I liked it actually, I got to dance with a couple of chicks and meet new people...which was awesome. I liked how they played the legend of zelda music and the fable music!, that was epic but the music wasn't loud enough...but then again everyone was talking. Over all I liked it, but I know it could be better next year!
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline childofthemoor

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 07:36:40 pm »
I liked it, but I think it would have been improved if the music had been louder, like it was at the rave.
'09 Yuna (Songstress), Lust
'10 Toph (Fire Nation)
'11 Suki (Kyoshi Warrior)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 08:14:29 pm »
I was thinking .. what if there was a raffle to dance with the hosts?  Like, write your badge ID # or something on a piece of paper and every few songs, you would announce which badge IDs get to dance with which hosts?  At the very least it would guarantee that the hosts don't get stuck in the same spot, and that many people that may be too shy to approach a host or whatever would get to participate in the fun. ^___^

I dunno how realistic it is, but .. it occurred to me today and I thought I'd pass it along.

Offline childofthemoor

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 08:17:18 pm »
I was thinking .. what if there was a raffle to dance with the hosts?  Like, write your badge ID # or something on a piece of paper and every few songs, you would announce which badge IDs get to dance with which hosts?  At the very least it would guarantee that the hosts don't get stuck in the same spot, and that many people that may be too shy to approach a host or whatever would get to participate in the fun. ^___^

I dunno how realistic it is, but .. it occurred to me today and I thought I'd pass it along.

I really like that idea! The hosts were so cute, I'd want to dance with them! 8D
'09 Yuna (Songstress), Lust
'10 Toph (Fire Nation)
'11 Suki (Kyoshi Warrior)

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 09:07:00 pm »
I agree with the need for it to be ticketed. I think someone prolly also mentioned this last year? if not, they should have. so many people wanna go, but we just don't have enuf room :)
other than that, loved it. they didn't have the panel this year that shows u how to formal dance (like waltz) (they had something like that last year) i dunno how many other people know how to do dances like that, but it might help those who don't (we were taught in middle school)
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 10:02:00 pm »
The thing about a dance instruction panel is that it takes up a lot of time and not enough people attend, and the convention needed the space for other things that more people would go to. That's why the hosts were teaching the people they danced with that needed help during the ball itself.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 11:45:36 pm »
We couldn't really help stopping to make all those announcements.... :( Those were things we were told to announce as the dance was happening by Kumoricon staff, so we had to.

I love the idea of the host raffle xD

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 11:52:51 pm »
Gosh those poor Hosts.  heehee.  I saw them all before the dance and everyone one of 'em looked so freaking adorable >___<  And now we're trying to raffle them off to the masses!  DANCE, HOST, DANCE!! ENTERTAIN ON COMMAND! XD

Btw, I wanted to mention now since I keep forgetting and just remembered.. I want to commend every single person that is involved in this and works their tails off to make it a success. ^^  I think it's super cool how you guys put this together as an alternative to the regular "dance" which is more uptempo and sweaty xD  And you might not have ever thought about it, but one day there will be people who attended these events that look back and reminisce on what an awesome moment it was in their life. ^____^
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:55:54 pm by reppy »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 01:25:22 am »
Does anyone have any video of the Host part of the dance?  I didn't step inside until after that was over and it was a random free for all :(

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 07:16:50 pm »
I rather liked the ball. It allowed me to put the otherwise useless knowledge from cotillion class to work.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 08:45:22 pm »
I miss the masquerade, my outfit this year would have gone perfectly with my mask. XD

Also, next year my goal is to get a real date and not my friend. :c It's awkward ballroom dancing with a friend.
I miss 2010.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »
Should have said something demon, I'd have gone with you as a date.  Maybe we should make a thread next year for dance dates.  Or we could pair/make dates at con.  Perhaps during a dating panel or similar?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:09 pm »
you coulda grabbed a nearby yojimbo. we ove to socialize but rarely get the chance lol
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 10:31:51 pm »
I can't believe I didn't notice this thread!
I was the host dressed as Mafia N Italy (who a few people mistook for Auricle, lawl). Not being an Ouran host is probably what saved me from the mobbing. But I still got in a lot of dances, and a lot of people seemed happy to learn what little dancing I could teach them. The hosts had some organizational issues; mass emails probably aren't the way to go next year. Maybe it'd be more effective for hosts to have a specific thread to organize themselves in?
On the whole, being a host was really rewarding, and I'm glad this event was so successful. I hope that means we'll get another ball next year.

Reppy, I'm really sorry I didn't replace you earlier for dress check. I'd lost track of time running around in the ball itself, and I sort of stranded you out there. ><
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »
Haha it's perfectly fine.  Actually, I was kinda sad coz I was enjoying talking to the girl that was keeping track of people coming in. ^^;;  Stoopid me didn't ask her to hang out when her shift was over. D:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 11:18:53 pm »
D: Star-crossed potential relationship of some kind!
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 11:37:30 pm »
YEAH BUT I DON'T REALLY KNOW HER.  I think her name was Jasmine but I just glanced at her badge for a few seconds while talking to her.  ^^;

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »
Her badge huh? ^.~

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 03:18:24 pm »
*chuckles* many guys seem to notice jasmine. shes one of my returner yoji's :) a little nuts but a total sweetheart and great at the job

camname21 - you really should come join the squad again. you were awsome too!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 04:29:16 pm »
I might be back for 2011, but there are so many cool events like this dance I want to help with.  So little time.. we need more cons :D

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »
I really enjoyed myself at the ball. I was an unofficial host invited by one of the official unofficial hosts the day of the ball, so I can't really say that I did much in the way of organization or keeping track of anything.
However, I know a little bit about ballrom etiquette, and I don't believe it was enforced early enough, and a lot of it was completely forgotten. The "keep to the sides if you're just looking for or hanging out with friends" should have been announced at the beginning, and there also should have been a mention about going in a counter-clockwise direction to keep people from running into others.
Next year, I think we should also have a team of people assembled sheerly because of their dance knowledge, because I know a lot of people were asking if there was someone they could be redirected to who knew how to do one dance or the other. (Fortunately, it was mostly people with little to no experience dancing asking if they could be "quickly taught" the tango, so I didn't feel very bad about turning them down. ;; )
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:27:04 pm by Kero-sempai »

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »
I went..I didn't really do much because the person I danced with didn't dance for long, and no one else seemed to want to dance with me so I left with my group pretty early.

(I was wearing a green fairy dress with different layers at the bottom..)..I just really like that dress :P

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 05:33:43 pm »
*chuckles* many guys seem to notice jasmine. shes one of my returner yoji's :) a little nuts but a total sweetheart and great at the job

A little nuts, eh?  Even better! ^^  Why doesn't she post on the forums? D:

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 06:19:11 pm »
I didn't go to the ball this year for one reason:

I don't like Ouran.

The idea of turning the classy, formal ball into some "Ouran event" seemed really dumb to me. I was legitimately excited for a masquerade ball this past year, and when I found out it was another dumb excuse to shove dumb anime stuff into an event (yes I realize I'm on an anime convention forum lolol) I was kinda POed.
The title doesn't have "Ouran" in it, but all I heard about it was OURAN OURAN OURAN OURAN OURAN and I got so sick of it that I didn't want to go.

So next year maybe tune down the Ouran? Or like include other animes or something? I want a classy dance that isn't IN YOUR FACE ANIME the whole time.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 11:49:50 pm »
I didn't go to the part where they were actually hosting, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't anime themed.  The only thing about it was that an anime's characters were being "hosts" and had it set up to ask people to dance that wanted to.  Other then that, the dance was a semi formal ball dance.  Just no masks this year.  I like the masks, but whatever, you can still wear one if you want seeing as how it is inside con space.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:49:58 pm by camname21 »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 01:53:33 am »
@ fleur_fraise

camname21 is correct- the anime ball was not themed Ouran or anything. We did not only let people dressed from that anime in. We had people come as the main hosts from the show as well as other random hosts to walk around and ask people to dance. As we ask people to dance, hosts were to have knowledge of waltzing and some swing, so we can teach those we ask. Also, this way we involve those who would otherwise not have danced because they are either shy to ask someone themselves, do not know anyone, etc. We entertained the attendees by dancing and making small talk. You did not have to like this anime at all to enjoy the formality of this dance. The Ouran factor was an added kick to this ball to make it more interesting, and this IS an anime convention. Also you should know, frankly, the ball would have been cancelled for this year, but Kumoricon staff decided to give us a shot at having the host club host the ball after I hear- being constantly nagged at to let us.  ;D

As a volunteer host, I was very happy when one girl I asked to dance, when I was talking to her I asked, "So are you enjoying your night?" And she replied, "I am now." :3

As for a side not- no you did not need to know of/like Ouran to enjoy this ball, however-  Honestly, what is with the recent complaining on the forums about how people view/ or like anime "too much", when it's an ANIME convention?! There are sci-fi and gaming conventions if you do not like anime.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:57:47 am by kimiski »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 01:53:53 pm »
As a volunteer host, I was very happy when one girl I asked to dance, when I was talking to her I asked, "So are you enjoying your night?" And she replied, "I am now." :3

Someone has an admirer ^.^

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 07:00:56 pm »

Someone has an admirer ^.^

lol, I think they were just happy they got asked to dance. xD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 07:35:09 pm »
While it's nice that you got some attention by dancing with girls, I'm just trying to say that it seemed to be advertised as "The Ouran Ball" which made me not want to go. I know I'm not the only one, so you might want to stress next year that it isn't, in fact, The Ouran Ball.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 01:52:51 pm »
We will just need to say "Kumoricon Ball - brought to use by the Ouran Host Club."  Easy as that.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 02:04:23 pm »
In both the con book and on the schedule it was listed as "KumoriBall - hosted by Ouran Host Club".  This leaves it open for other cosplay groups to host it, in the event that it returns.

I'm not really sure how to make it much clearer...
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 02:23:06 pm »
I guess Fleur is just talking about how it was discussed in the forums.  Though, if the threads on the dance were read, people should have understood it was not an Ouran club dance.  Sometimes we just miss little things I guess :)

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »
i liked the dance it was very nice but would be even better is if we got an orchestra 'cough' 'cough' symphonic anime orchestra 'cough' cough' to play. i already talked to relations about it but i feel i still need to get the word out about them, i mean cmon wouldn't an orchestra be really awesome to have? just sayin i knew would come to see that if i knew it was happening
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian