Author Topic: K-con shirt  (Read 4246 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
K-con shirt
« on: September 10, 2010, 04:46:28 pm »
Just wanted to say I love my k-con shirt this year
(not sayin I didn't like past years)
it is comphy and soft and goes well with my black skirt
it didn;t shrink at all after washed
The design is awesome
I know its just a shirt but I just want to say thank you for all the work that went into us having an awesome con shirt, one of those things that makes k-con great
..that is all
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:47:51 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: K-con shirt
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 09:57:46 pm »
I never saw a single Kcon shirt this year :/  I wasn't exactly staring at anyone not in a cosplay however.  My light blue shirt from last was real comfy, would have been cool to get this year's.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:28:11 am »
Pub went with a new company this year.  I thought that the quality was muchly improved, in fit, comfort and the actual screen printing. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:08 pm »
I esp like the white writing just pops I was walking to a dark area and it almost looks like it should glow in the dark
almost

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:53:05 pm »
I esp like the white writing just pops I was walking to a dark area and it almost looks like it should glow in the dark
almost
Next year, glow in the dark lettering?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:59:14 pm »
they DID glow in the dark at the rave LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:55 pm »
I like it, but I was there pretty early Friday & all the baby tees were already gone. Let's make sure to take that into account next year and order way more of those.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:13 pm »
I like it, but I was there pretty early Friday & all the baby tees were already gone. Let's make sure to take that into account next year and order way more of those.

At the risk of a dumb question... would it be possible to let people pre-order, specifying size? We could greatly reduce our margin of error if we know what sizes 75% of the people will want before we place the order. The convention would save money (leaving more of it to get cool stuff for next year), and more people would get the shirt they want. Same goes for staff shirts as well, for those who sign up before the order is placed.

Last but not least: I absolutely love the feel and look of the shirts this year as well. Kudos to the printing company and whoever chose them.  :)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:50:55 pm »

At the risk of a dumb question... would it be possible to let people pre-order, specifying size? We could greatly reduce our margin of error if we know what sizes 75% of the people will want before we place the order. The convention would save money (leaving more of it to get cool stuff for next year), and more people would get the shirt they want. Same goes for staff shirts as well, for those who sign up before the order is placed.

Last but not least: I absolutely love the feel and look of the shirts this year as well. Kudos to the printing company and whoever chose them.  :)
I am pretty sure I had & used the option to select a shirt size at some point; either it was on my staff reg form or when I signed into the staff forums or it was in an email....The same thing happened a couple years back. I signed up for a baby tee but by the time I could get to pick one up, all that was left were the big tees. I'm quite petite, & there is a HUGE size difference between a baby tee medium and a regular tee medium. *shrugs* Either way, yes, it's a nice shirt. I'm fine with a big comfy PJ top. Just means I'm not a walking advertisement....unless I'm at a slumber party ;)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 11:40:08 pm »
I remember last years staff sign up had a question about shirt size.  I'm going to assume this years staff sign up did as well.  For attendees however, maybe there could be a thread for it.  Possibly even a site made just for ordering shirts, or a link from the pre-registering web site that went to a sister site saving info on if/what shirt the person wanted when the convention is finally here?  Maybe just add an option to buy a shirt with the pre-registration?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 12:15:04 am »
It is on the staff form, and I believe those numbers are used to estimate quantities. I think a good portion of staff typically sign up at the very end, after the order has been placed.

Also, a couple years ago, the vendor (or us) flipped the quantities on attendee vs. staff shirts, so something like that may have been the reason for being short on shirts. (Maybe... though it would seem that would increase the number of staff shirts available... hmm... but it may have been a mix-up like that.)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 09:10:40 pm »
Thank you for the replies and the info.  :)

I guess what I'm saying wrt staff shirts, though the logistics of it might be troublesome, are: Could we reserve sizes for those who put down their size before the order is placed? For example, when the shirts come in, set aside the "pre-ordered" quantities for the early orderers to get theirs from (along with a checklist of names), and set aside the estimated quantities for the late orderers to get theirs from. It'd be slightly more equitable, and there's a chance it'd encourage people to sign up sooner.

We could do something very similar wrt attendee shirts, though there'd also be the complication of pre-payment logistics.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 02:37:10 am »
I loooove my shirt this year
I always wanted a Kcon shirt, but all my vendor money usually gets spent in some other way, this year I made sure to set some aside for my shirt~ :D

Also, thanks to the guy who let me try the different sizes on over my normal clothes in the Dealers Hall. The size I thought I was would have been WAY to big on me~ 

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 09:12:22 am »
Also, thanks to the guy who let me try the different sizes on over my normal clothes in the Dealers Hall. The size I thought I was would have been WAY to big on me~ 

sadly thats because the sizes were really the size they are labled.
These days its easy for clothing makers *cough hot topic cough* to make there shirts smaller and labled the same size,
I have a large hot topic t-shirt from a couple years ago (not streched out or anything) that is about the same size as their xL now

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »

sadly thats because the sizes were really the size they are labled.
These days its easy for clothing makers *cough hot topic cough* to make there shirts smaller and labled the same size,
I have a large hot topic t-shirt from a couple years ago (not streched out or anything) that is about the same size as their xL now

Really? That's weird
They want people to feel crappy about themselves?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 08:24:55 pm »
Really? That's weird
They want people to feel crappy about themselves?

I'm going to assume the most positive option in this case; they want teenagers who are growing to feel like they're more mature... or something.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 11:33:24 pm »
Really I think its all about the $$

In almost the same way some grocery products are the same price but giving you less, like icecream

say hot topic large is 3'' smaller then a normal plain t-shirt
now multiply that 3'' saved material by 10 shirts =one more shirt that they can sell
think about all the shirts that they have in one store

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 02:24:48 am »
I think it also has to do with store image, they only want a 'certain sort' shopping at their stores.

Want really out there?  I have, from when I was a teenager, a Banana Republic sweater in medium that still fits me.  I could not fit into anything in any size in a Banana Republic these days.  Actually, some of my old PJs are Banana Republic larges from back in the day and I feel like I am swimming in them. 

Anyway, back to the original topic, I think the new company was called Ink Brigade or something like that.  Whoever our new screen printers are, they are fabulous. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 05:21:08 pm »
So I had my first official staff shirt for a total of 1 day. The last time I saw it was on Saturday of con, I had worn it one day.

Dawn, if its possible can I order a new one from them, I am willing to pay for it. Maybe we could just have a small batch made and sell them at cost to 2010 staff??? *hint*

PS
a Banana Republic sweater

OMG Bananas, So today at the locker at the bottom of an old box we found buttons that say "Reg Monkeys are Bananas". then not too long ago, chris is typing out the last of the "at con forms and reads of something like Bananasbeayellowyellow@blank.com, And then I see this. Hmm whats next raining bananas?
=^_^=

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 08:17:07 am »
Yeah, the printer we used for 2010 was Inkbrigade and they are fabulous. And I am very happy to hear people not only enjoyed their shirt, but the design as well.

I think in times past what happens with the shirts is that it was hard to tell what the "true" size was and some people would order what they normally where, not a size up or down and would end  up  getting a different size. I had attempted to order shirts that are true to their sizing and not run small(but that is really hard to do with babydolls until now).

Since we will be ordering from Inkbrigade again this year, staff should know that the size they got and liked last year should be the size they are requesting for 2011. That should help with shirt numbers and the number for each size and style.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:14 pm »
So I had my first official staff shirt for a total of 1 day. The last time I saw it was on Saturday of con, I had worn it one day.

Dawn, if its possible can I order a new one from them, I am willing to pay for it. Maybe we could just have a small batch made and sell them at cost to 2010 staff??? *hint*

That is a query for Ally.
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:56 pm »
all I can say is my shirt is COMFY! so whoever we got the shirts from, we must do it aain.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg