Author Topic: Online Schedule?  (Read 5276 times)

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Online Schedule?
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:14:16 pm »
Is there an online schedule or program about with the times of events *searches about*

If there isn't, someone should probably put together a schedule of what is now the time of events (such as Cosplay Contest and so on) so that people can start coordinating their weekends in order to have maxium fun! *grin*

And if there is... I'd like a link *hee hee*
Sweet Times

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Online Schedule?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:24:58 am »
i hypothesize that it would be worth checking back after our general meeting, next sunday.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Wuntvor

Still no schedule On-Line
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 05:29:37 pm »
Ahem...  It is only 2 days before the con.  Have a schedule for us?  List of vendors?  Price of T-Shirts?  Anything like that?

What time does registration start on Saturday?  When is the opening ceremony?  This kind of info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Still no schedule On-Line
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 05:35:27 pm »
Quote from: "Wuntvor"
Ahem...  It is only 2 days before the con.  Have a schedule for us?  List of vendors?  Price of T-Shirts?  Anything like that?

What time does registration start on Saturday?  When is the opening ceremony?  This kind of info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

o_o; Woah man, calm down. You're like all up in my grill [/idotic crap]

Ahem. Anyway!
Schedual is here: http://kumoricon.com/K05Schedule.htm
Registration will start (When Pezcat says it does!) at the estimated time of 8 am. Opening Cerimonies at 10.
I don't know about the other things nyo...

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Re: Still no schedule On-Line
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 05:42:06 pm »
For all schedule information, please check the "Final Schedule" thread at the top of the "General Discussion" Topic.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Wuntvor

Schedule on the website NOT on the forum.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:21:37 pm »
I did locate the schedule on the forum after checking around.  The problem is that there is no link to it on the website itself.  If fact there is very little useful info at all.  OK now I have the schedule.  What is this event?  Sounds interesting.  Hmm... no description anywhere.  What venders will be there and what will they be selling?  Is there a map of the vender room, showing locations of the different booths?  Is there a map of the convention area showing where the different rooms are located?  I understand that these items will be in our con books that we will get when we pick up our badges, but why can't they be put up on-line, on the website.

I am sorry if this seems harsh, but many of these things are just common sense items.  Visit any convention site you want and you will see a link to these items a good month before the con starts, if not sooner.  We want to know what days to attend.  We want to know who will be there.  We want to know where the heck we are going.  Any links for food locations nearby?  I found those on the hotel site, but not on the Kumoricon site.  Forums are nice, but not all of us like to wander through them looking for stuff.  Put a link on the web-page.

Thank you

zibble

Online Schedule?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 07:05:58 pm »
I have to agree with some of Wuntvor's points. I'm a newbie at this convetion thing. This is going to be my first one. I had a lot of questions, since I knew almost nothing about cons. I thought most of my questions were basics (many of which were what Wuntvor mentioned), so I figured I'd just go to Kumoricon's website and get my answers, but I was really disappointed to find a lack of this info. I'm familiar with how forums work, so I came in here and starting finding answers to my questions, and some other info I would've liked to have known from the start. I thought it was a little weird that I was getting some of this information inside the forums, and not on the site itself.

I'm just giving you my feedback, being new to this and all. :oops:  I don't know how these things are put together... :oops:

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Online Schedule?
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 09:30:51 pm »
@Wuntvor
There IS a link to the schedule on the main page, not just the forum.  It's the second topic from the top on the right section.

These people have been working their butts off for a long time, give them some slack.  This is the third year they've held this convention.  They've had to find another hotel to stay at (it is different from last year), they've had to organize more events, this year there are more guests (check the Guests of Honor link on the main page), and to top it off they've had to deal with their own personal lives, other jobs, and school (for those still attending).

Do I think it would be convenient for these things to be up there?  Yes, I do.  But I also understand that the people who have formed this Con have other things they have to do.

Wuntvor

I can't find it.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 10:59:38 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Wuntvor
There IS a link to the schedule on the main page, not just the forum.  It's the second topic from the top on the right section.

On the right?  Say what?  I see Home - Blogs - Polls - Search

Second from top on left section is Mailing List , or if you mean second topic that would be The Navigation section.  I clicked on every link under Navigation and none of them had a schedule.

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
Re: I can't find it.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 10:11:46 am »

On the right?  Say what?  

here's the schedule:
http://kumoricon.com/K05Schedule.htm

Best viewed using Internet Explorer if you're gonna try and print it out - print it in Landscape mode. Its an excell spreadsheet - so you'll have to click on the tabs in the lower left corner of the page to flip through sat/sun/mon. When you print it, Saturday will print on 2 pages, so you'll need to doctor that up after-the-fact. Otherwise it prints fine.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: I can't find it.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 10:22:46 am »
Quote from: "Negima"
Wuntvor

On the right?  Say what?  I see Home - Blogs - Polls - Search

Second from top on left section is Mailing List , or if you mean second topic that would be The Navigation section.  I clicked on every link under Navigation and none of them had a schedule.

On the right side in the white area.  As of today (Sept. 3), it says At-The-Door Registration then below that it says KumoriCon Schedule.

Rally the Cheetah

trouble reading
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 12:58:35 pm »
Not to be rude but like my father Wuntovor I'm having trouble reading what the times are toward the end of the list :( .  

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: trouble reading
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 01:06:52 pm »
Quote from: "Rally the Cheetah"
Not to be rude but like my father Wuntovor I'm having trouble reading what the times are toward the end of the list :( .  

Dx Same here, just hold up a ruler to the screen and try and level it out, nyo.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
Online Schedule?
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 01:47:49 pm »
@Neko_Chan:
I actually thought about doing that, but I just got lazy and tried to trace the screen with my finger instead. It left a few smudges but at least I know what time the Cat Ear Workshop is now! XD