Author Topic: From the Con Chair, thank you for a fantastic Kumoricon 2010  (Read 1854 times)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
From the Con Chair, thank you for a fantastic Kumoricon 2010
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:16:01 am »
 Hi everyone! Thanks for coming to Kumoricon this year.
 I'm already missing all the energy and fun everyone brought this last weekend. But soon we'll begin planning for next years con.
One of my favorite things about Conventions is how welcoming people are, if you go all year being in a small group of anime fans, coming to a hotel with thousands of fans all with similar interests is like a big family reunion, which is awesome!
 You fans are the reason staff work so hard on making this Con happen, we love seeing all of you having a great time, hugging random people, playing silly games in the hotel, posing for pictures and all of the other random things you can't explain unless you've been to a convention.

From the attitude of people this year, and the forums so far, It seems like we fixed a lot of problems. We still have long lines, and rooms are still too small sometimes. But we had a chance to learn from last year and make this year better.
 We'll be having smaller events throughout the year, so check the website for those. And we'll always be happy for people that want to join staff to help make next years convention happen.

So in closing, thanks to all staff, volunteers, guests and most importantly, thanks to all of you, the attendees who are the reason Kumoricon is so awesome!
 And we'll see you next Con!

Beau Gentry
2010 Kumoricon Chair
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: From the Con Chair, thank you for a fantastic Kumoricon 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:54:49 am »
Thank *you*. Your universal friendliness, laid back approach, and sheer glee in all things otaku invokes and consecrates the welcoming atmosphere you describe.
Love,
Rem.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 01:10:21 pm »
The staff worked their butts off to make this one of the best (in my opinion) Kumoricons I've ever attended!  Hopefully they're enjoying their much needed rest.  Best I can do is say "Thanks" and try to send some positive thoughts their way. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:18:07 pm »
We Love our staff!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline unicornfrog

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:36:07 am »
Yes! Thank you!
This was the first Kumoricon I have ever been to, and I loved the spirit of excitement and camaraderie that was there!
I felt so welcome and happy to be part of the event!

Thank you very much for the happiness! 
Nihil Difficile Amante:
"Nothing is Difficult for a Lover"
~Mahou Sensei Negima

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
~Lao Tzu

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 12:57:52 am »
Amen, Beau!  And here's to an even more awesome con in 2011!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh