Author Topic: 2011: Hetalia & SatW (Please Post Your Photos, and Thank You! <3)  (Read 384100 times)

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
Re: 2011: Axis Powers Hetalia
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 09:21:44 pm »
Possibly cosplaying China and/or Taiwan :D
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 09:24:18 pm »
@Miria & Shi: Really?! You guys are gonna do it?! I love you so much homigosh. ; w ; <3 <3 <3 Historical outfit funtimes goooo~ Oh, and Shi, I'm pretty certain I'll be doing Rev. War America for 2011 so you can add me to the list. : D
Yes, we're gonna do it. We're dropping our fem versions for now, but that's fine. :3

We should have the succession outfits done by Sakura, for those who are going.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 09:25:17 pm »
@Miria omg yay ;o; noone ever knows where medford is!!
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 09:27:32 pm »
Yeah I don't know...other than that the rest of the panel was fine, it was just a very scary moment as a Guest Liaison and a Staffer in general. (Mostly its the online fandom that scares me a little bit...I haven't been in a 'new' fandom in years and years! My youngest is probably Holic and that started in 2004? I'm not used them any more I guess. ^__^;;;)
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »
@Miria omg yay ;o; noone ever knows where medford is!!
Pffft. I go there to fly. Sometimes.

Why do you go to Douglas County? There's not much here. xD

Mellon, I don't know much about the online fandom, either. xD But as I said before, the people I met at the con were pretty cool.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
Eee succession eee~ I'm going to try to make it to Sakuracon. : D Thank goodness The Potatoe Smashers are driving up there. > w <
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:09 pm »
I do steampunk costuming normally, so I have tons of random militaria stuff I can build off of, and I'm a bit of an amateur historian and love WWI, so in theory I should be jumping into Hetalia...but instead its slowly wriggling into my brain. I've had the theme song stuck in my head for about a week now...and I am formulating costume ideas...I just have no clue who I would really play - other than the easy *pull stuff out of closet for America* or possibly do a Futbol!Italy solely b/c I have klets that match Italy's soccer colours.
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »
Mellon, I didn't go to the screening as I don't watch the anime, but the people at the shoots, around the con, and at the PJ panel were pretty sane, and calm- At least, as sane and calm as congoers can be.  ;)
I maintain that there is nothing sane or calm about the PJ Party, but that's because everyone who goes loves to heckle me as a matter of course.

AURICLE: OF COURSE YOU'RE COMING TO SAKURACON. THIS ISN'T A QUESTION.

Mellon: I'd recommend reading the comics to figure out a character for yourself. The comics are more history-focused and have less cheap filler.

That's right, I'm giving up and posting in this thread even though I probably won't be cosplaying Hetalia this year. (unless Yagi and I whip out the jammies all ad hoc) It'll make me feel better when I put up the Germans photopost later. xP
I'd probably stalk this thread out of sheer neuroses anyway.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:36:37 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2010, 09:36:30 pm »
I thought Todd Haberkorn was very entertaining at the screening, I felt bad though that so many people were asking "Can I have a hug?" even after he sort of implied he didn't have any more time. And IMO some Hetalia fans were getting a little too creepy there with the questions "Who's bed would you sneak into?" I mean, c'mon people.

But overall, I enjoyed the screening, Todd being there made it 10x better :]

tumblr
deviantart

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2010, 09:38:57 pm »
Mellon, I didn't go to the screening as I don't watch the anime, but the people at the shoots, around the con, and at the PJ panel were pretty sane, and calm- At least, as sane and calm as congoers can be.  ;)
I maintain that there is nothing sane or calm about the PJ Party, but that's because everyone who goes loves to heckle me as a matter of course.
PFFFT. I was expecting it to be worse. But I was impressed. You guys did an awesome job.

That's right, I'm giving up and posting in this thread even though I probably won't be cosplaying Hetalia this year. (unless Yagi and I whip out the jammies all ad hoc) It'll make me feel better when I put up the Germans photopost later. xP
I'd probably stalk this thread out of sheer neuroses anyway.
UNDERSTANDABLE. So that means if there's gonna be another PJ panel, someone else has to run it?

I do steampunk costuming normally, so I have tons of random militaria stuff I can build off of, and I'm a bit of an amateur historian and love WWI, so in theory I should be jumping into Hetalia...but instead its slowly wriggling into my brain. I've had the theme song stuck in my head for about a week now...and I am formulating costume ideas...I just have no clue who I would really play - other than the easy *pull stuff out of closet for America* or possibly do a Futbol!Italy solely b/c I have klets that match Italy's soccer colours.
Steampunk is great. And the theme song is very catchy. I was singing band songs to get it out of my head. xD Like I said before, I can direct you to some cool places if you do decide on America for wigs~

And IMO some Hetalia fans were getting a little too creepy there with the questions "Who's bed would you sneak into?" I mean, c'mon people.
I think you'd find that from fans of most series, to be honest. xD
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:41:16 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2010, 09:40:56 pm »
@Mellon: If you do either one or both of those you'll have an odd mirror of my cosplays. : D We'd both have FIFA/futbol!Italy and some version or other of America. I love seeing different time periods of characters I cosplay. <3 If you do a lot of steampunk, maybe you can pull out some sort of industrial revolution version of America or England. ' w ' It would be pretty cool~

@Malaria: OKAY~
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:24 pm »
errrrm >>;;
I know its early and all but i've started the topic for the 2011 world meeting
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13901.msg639249#new  

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2010, 09:42:50 pm »
If it's 18+, I can't go. Again.  :( STUPID LATE BIRTHDAY -sobs-
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:43:00 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2010, 09:47:56 pm »
Miria: Thank you. There was so much last-minute planning for that panel, so I'm glad it went off so well. @@

I can't say for sure on the panel yet. We won't have Hashi for 2011, and Yagi and I are both pretty on the fence about running it again. It's pretty much our baby, and at this point we're really good at running it but but but but we just aren't sure. If you're willing to give us a few months to sort ourselves out, it'd be much appreciated. Of course, if we do give it up, I'm totally available for whatever help that person might need.

Auricle: <33

Rochi: No such thing as planning too early. Something will happen to joss your plans anywhere from a month to two weeks before it starts and you'll have to adjust really frantically anyway. ; D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:49:26 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:36 pm »
Theres two >>;
We were told it would be a good idea to have a morning one then an 18+ one at night.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 09:50:37 pm »
Malaria, that's the best kind of planning, isn't it?  :D

And that's fine. :3

Chibi, oh yay. Sorry, sometimes I skim. Anyway, I really wanted to go this year, but we got up a bit too late. >.>
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:51:10 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 09:51:21 pm »
@Spontaneous - Oh Todd was amazing, and super super nice! He said he was willing to sign until there weren't any more people at his morning signing. But after going half an hour over and still not being through the original 140 people where we'd capped the line...sometimes there just isn't time. The problem at the screening was that it was a screening, not a signing. And we had to clear the room for cosplay which was right afterwards, not to mention he hadn't gotten a chance to eat yet...we had to usher him through the hall and try to tell people he had to go now...*sigh*

He and Sonny came and read a ficlet I'd written for bedtime stories! It definitely made my weekend hanging out with them.

Personally I'd love it if we could get both of them back next year!

@Miria - I'll have to figure that out...I have three other cosplays already planned, so it may have to wait a year or so...but thanks!

@Auricle - Men's Victorian wear is so beyond easy! *pulls more things out of closet* If anyone wanted to do Victorian era stuff I could definitely help out with concept design and where to get things and with being period correct. (I would totally do England BTW ^_~)
Kate Fletcher
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 09:54:05 pm »
Mellon, that make sense. xD I try to stick with three cosplays a con. And then it gets whittled down and I only end up doing one.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »
@Miria I know how that is >< I took 5 cosplays this year and only wore 2 of them -fails-

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 09:57:42 pm »
Thanks, Miria. You're dear. <3

So... while I've got so many of you here, and for those of you that have attended multiple PJ Parties already, what kind of things have you enjoyed? What could be improved upon? Besides me cussing less. I can't fix that. It's just how I talk. >>
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:56 pm »
@Chibi: You're closer than I thought. xD As for the 18+ World Meeting, I'd be the only one out of my small group who could go. And I use Miria like a security blanket at times. xD

@Auricle: We're really doing it. And we've roped my sister into being our Succession!Hungary~ And added~
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 10:01:22 pm »
Chibi, oh, do I have a story for you. . Certain people in my room brought a ton of unfinished cosplays and we ended up wearing Hetalia the entire weekend.  :D

I had two, but one didn't get to me until the very last day, so I only wore one the entire time. xD

Malaria, YAY, I'M A DEAR. That mean you admit I'm awesome?  ;D

I didn't notice you cussing. xD I talk that way, too. Hmmm. I liked how everything was planned this time, even though I totally wanted to beat Jaqua at risk have a Risk rematch. BUT THAT'S FINE, if I ever feel like beating someone at Risk I can just talk Shi into bringing it to school and enlist people to play.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »
@Malaria: <3 <3 <3 forever~

@Mellon: That would be so cool! I vote for Victorian era England. Of course England is one of my favorite characters so there you go. I'd do Victorian era America but I already have Revolutionary War America and I don't really want to make another version. ' w ';

@Shi: I seriously love you guys. ; w ;
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:17 pm »
Do I get a fanclub? : D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:03 pm »
Yes, obviously. : D -cheerleads-
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:52 pm »
YAY! Now everyone HAS to admit I'm awesome, right?

. . Right?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »
@ shi well alot of our topics had to get stopped because it was only a pg 13 panel I guess, thats why there is two >>;;

@ Miria xDDD sounds like me this year!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2010, 10:06:54 pm »
Discussion of Succession makes me feel increasingly bad that the PoSms and the OCD didn't pull that out this year. This is me pretending that that was even a little bit feasible.

Miria: Those two words aren't even kind of synonyms. Darling, have you taken one too many bottles to the head?
I can add whatever verbal tics to this character I want. It's not technically a main cosplay anymore. >>

We wanted a decent amount of random hangout time, but having to split the panel kind of killed that. No guarantee we'd ever get it back. It really depends on what kind of space and time we'd have at the next hotel.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:07:52 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:31 pm »
I maintain we could have finished, but the amazing Hetalia fandom kept us for all three days. :D

@Malaria: The only thing I could possibly complain about is how short it had to be. And Risk. Because Miria and I always try to outright annihilate each other.

@Auricle: Aww. We love you too.

@Chibi: Ah. xD Like I said, I use Miria, and her birthday just has to be unawesome.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 10:09:32 pm »
@mellonemrys- Yeah, I totally understand and agree 100%, I wasn't complaining or anything if that's what it seemed like ^^; ,
I was one of those people that couldn't get into the autograph line, yes I was disappointed, but not angry at all, I know that Todd needs to eat too :3
I definitely wish that he'll be back next year...he promised that if he comes back he'll cosplay as Italy xD

tumblr
deviantart

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 10:09:47 pm »
Chibi, it could be R-rated! I'll be old enough for that. xD

Malaria, I know the PoSms, but the OCD? -fails- And no, but maybe a few frying pans. . YOUR WIFE IS INSANE. INSANE, I SAY. And pffft. YOU AND YOUR SEMANTICS.

I don't even remember what the next hotel is. -fails, again-

Shi, pffft. xD Also, my birthday could have been more un-awesome. I was almost born on the same day as Francisco Franco. .
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:11:41 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 10:10:33 pm »
@Miria: I'll admit you're awesome...'cause you're my ally.

@Malaria: Don't worry~ the PoSms did other awesome things this year. ' w '

@Shi: Yay! <3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:11 pm »
^ HAH, FINALLY. I'll choose to ignore that last part, too, because I'm so nice and cool and awesome.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »
It's a good thing you're using that nice, cool awesomness of yours to organize my troops. > 3 <
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:15 pm »
@Miria: And not a nation anymore. And we could have, I say!  And you just called your minion insane. And it's the Red Lion/Hilton in Vancouver.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »
Shi: Next time, bring the Risk board, and we'll set you guys up in the corner to kill each other for our entertainment

Miria: OCD is kind of an accident. I added (Other cool dudes welcome.) to the thread title, so Kero (or was it Auricle?) started calling everyone who cosplays with Yagi, Hashi and I the OCD, 'cause they're Other Cool Dudes.
Insanely better than you in every way, it's true.
Next hotel is Vancouver Hilton and the Red Lion on the Quay all together.

Auricle: True. I probably had more fun as Toph than I would've as more Austria. -3-
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:07 pm »
Shi, I know. xD But isn't Jaqua Malaria's Hungary? And Jaqua is who I need to beat (again!  8) ) at Risk! SO IT WORKS. KINDA.

Also, I knew it was in Vancouver~ Just forgot the hotels. xD

Malaria, oooh, I see. AND PFFFT, NO WAY. IN YOUR DREAMS.

AURICLE, IT IS. I COULD HAVE LEFT YOU TO THE MERCY OF THE HESSIANS. .

. . Omg, we need an HRE. xD
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:00 pm »
@Malaria: I might just do that.

@Miria: We could force my brother! :33
EDIT: Weren't we going to at one point? /can't remember
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:20:28 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2010, 10:21:09 pm »
@Malaria: I sort of noticed that it would shorten to that. We are all sort of obsessive compulsive in at least some small way. And your Toph is pretty up there on the cool-o-meter, so I think you won without succession. ' w ';

@Miria: Aw jeez it's a good thing you didn't leave me out in the cold then. ' A ' And HRE must be had. Sometime.
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2010, 10:22:21 pm »
Shi, yes, we were going to force him to. What can we bribe him with?

Auricle, YEAH, I COULDA LEFT YOU TO FREEZE AT VALLEY FORGE. HAH. BUT I DIDN'T. So now you're part of my fan club, I guess.  8)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2010, 10:27:41 pm »
YES JAQUA IS MY WIFE. MY AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS WIFE.

Miria: It's true. In my dreams, the most you can manage is occasionally brushing your hair and sitting still for more than fifteen seconds at a time. That makes you far inferior in my dreams and in reality.

Shi: Sweet. That's the kind of random side action I love.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2010, 10:27:57 pm »
@Miria: I don't know? Find everything for his BLU Engineer?

But that'd mean we'd have to drag him up. Which means my mom'd come up to the Con again. And as much as I love her, I really don't want that.

@Malaria: What? Forcing younger siblings into cosplay so we have a bigger group? xD
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:29:08 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:38 pm »
@Miria: Hahah~ I guess I have no choice. : D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2010, 10:30:42 pm »
I'm for that too, but I was thinking about the Risk game.
I think we lost our conversational thread somewhere. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2010, 10:30:50 pm »
Shi, so she'll let us take Tommee with us? Makes sense, I suppose. Alright, we'll have to find someone else.

Malaria, YOUR DREAMS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOTHING LIKE REALITY, THEN. What kind of square brushes their HAIR? Pfft. How lame. My hair is just this awesome normally.

Auricle, nope!  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2010, 10:33:28 pm »
@Malaria: It's not a thread if someone doesn't get lost at one point or another.

@Miria: Yup. Since even though we bicker, she listens to me, and is old enough. And not her baby

So your hair is naturally a bird's nest?
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2010, 10:34:32 pm »
@Miria: Does that mean I'm part of France's and Spain's fanclubs as well? ' w ';
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2010, 10:35:48 pm »
Shi, alright. Any of her friends worthy of staying/cosplaying with us? xD

AND YES. IT TOTALLY FITS. : D

Auricle, sure. BUT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THEIR FANCLUBS. ESPECIALLY FRANCE'S.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2010, 10:37:07 pm »
Miria: The same sort of square that makes your favorite cake.
The sort of cake you don't get if you don't wipe your boots on the welcome mat.

Shi: It's a trippy sorta ride, yo.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »
I appreciate you guys' help during the war and all BUT WHY ARE YOU SO GRABBY? ' A '
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?