Author Topic: Great Japanese restaurant in Corvallis  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Great Japanese restaurant in Corvallis
« on: August 04, 2005, 02:09:01 pm »
Hey, I just went to Corvallis to visit a friend yesterday, and she introduced me to an awesome Japanese restaurant that I thought people might be interested in. :) It's called Aomatsu. They just remodelled, and the new restaurant is really cool! They have a section where one of those grills is set in the middle of each table where you can watch the cooks prepare your food to order right before you, AND they have a sushi bar, AND a section with traditional-style tables: the short ones on a raised platform where you kneel while you eat.

What's better, the food is great, and there's a lot of selection! Plus it's reasonably priced. To give you an idea, I and my friend had four rolls of sushi (8 pieces per roll), a glass of iced tea, and two bowls of rice, all which came to a combined amount of about $23.50.

In addition to sushi, they have tempura, and a wide variety of other Japanese foods. The sushi we had was really good, and I quite expect the rest of the menu to be the same. :) Next time I may try their don katsu...

We in Eugene/Springfield sometimes used to go all the way up to Beaverton to get to a good sushi restaurant, but Corvallis is about half the distance, and it would be a great substitute. I've been thinking of taking a gang up there sometime for lunch or dinner. Perhaps we could even stop on the way to or from Portland sometime. If anybody would like to do that, speak up! :)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 03:46:32 pm »
I love that restaurant. I'd love to see the remodel. They hadn't added the table with the grills when I was last there. I live in Portland, but would go down to go with a group to Aomatsu. I have friends still there.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 04:31:48 pm »
^_^ I try and go as often as I can, but seeing how it's just me and my little sister who like sushi/sashimi, it's kinda hard.
Before they annouced re-modeling, my friends and I thought that some other sushi place had come and moved in next door. We didn't realize it until they had put up the signs... Heh.

And I agree. ^_^ The food is great and it's reasoanbly priced. Everyone should visit Aomastu. (Haha, and drop by my house! ^_^;;) There was another good sushi place, Sugoi Sushi, they had the best Inari Zushi I've ever had, but they went out of buisness. D: Right next to the high school too.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 02:45:40 pm »
Awesome. :) I'll try to get together a group sometime. Hey, Neko-chan, should I try to nab Ronime while I'm at it? ;)

Right now the most likely time is probably on the way to (or back from) Kumori Con or the last General Meeting. I'll post in Plan Your Adventure once I have... well... a plan.

EDIT: Actually, for next week, I talked to Modab and he suggested going to the Japanese restaurant Saburo (sp?) in Portland after the General Meeting, since his family is coming and they want to hang out in Portland awhile before heading down to Eugene. Imari, would you like to go? And Neko-chan, are you going to that meeting?
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice