Author Topic: Who won? :D  (Read 3412 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Who won? :D
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:38:36 pm »
I had to leave at horrible o'clock in the morning on Monday, so I didn't get to hear the winners of the fanfiction contest!  When will they be posted?

Also, since hope springs eternal (excuse me a second while I cross my fingers)...if any absentee people won anything, do they still get a prize even though they weren't there to pick it up?

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Who won? :D
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:02:15 pm »
I guess  that you have not yet checked your Private Messages, since I have PMd you that you won in 2 categories for 2 fics, & that I need your snail addy!

Last year, I hand-picked from the prize room gifts for each winner who was not present to pick one up by the end of con. This year, with the Kumoricash system and something that took up some time on Monday, I was not able to do so.

I do have some things at home from Copic that I can send by snail mail to people who are not able to come to General Meetings.

You were my only fanfic winner who was at con who had not yet picked up a prize, so I just need to work things out for you, and the two winners who were not at con at all.

Thanks for asking, and Filk Follies was a blast! Been meaning to ask you: What I sang at Bedtime Stories. Does the fact that it was about a dramatic episode in my fandom, rather than funny, mean that it is called something other than a "filk"? It is not what we traditionally call a "songfic", but I suppose it is more like a fanfic in song format? is there a word for that??
Love!
Rem.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:04:07 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:10:13 pm »
Nope, "filk" is actually a broader term (genre-wise) than "song parody", which connotes humor.  As far as I know, a "filk" is any song that has been written about fannish things.  In some circles this even seems to include songs with original melodies, as long as they're about something fangirlish/boyish.

Heck, if Weird Al's surprisingly solemn "The Saga Begins" still counts as song parody, then we're in the clear.  ^_^

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:58:16 pm »
Sweet! Thanks.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).