Poll

Do you want a bigger room next year for the swap meet?

This year was fine.
1 (3.7%)
Bigger room!
9 (33.3%)
(Optional) I attended Swap Meet 2010.
8 (29.6%)
(Optional) I plan to attend swap meet 2011.
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 06, 2011, 01:49:57 pm

Author Topic: 2010 Swap meet BANZAI!!!! Next year bigger room?  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Scooter Baba

• Sailor Scout
2010 Swap meet BANZAI!!!! Next year bigger room?
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:49:57 pm »
Hello all!
This year's swap meet was fantastic!  Almost every inch of available space was used to spread out various items for trade and we quickly maxed out the room capacity :o.   We had to cycle out people so others waiting in the hall could try to come in.  On that note I would like to start a poll to collecting the voices of those who think the swap meet should be moved to a larger room for next year. 

There are issues to this idea though:

• Generally tables are the best way to display and few rooms would have enough besides the creation rooms
  • Rooms with a lot of chairs would prove to be a problem
  • The next convention is to be held in Washington almost certainly with a strict NO CASH EXCHANGE AT ALL policy so fewer people may come
  • As the next convention is in Washington we may have fewer returning people to the event

Still, I believe it is a good idea to at least try to collect a figure on the people who attended the event and those that continue to plan to attend.
Please vote on the issue of the room size and let it be know if you attended and/or plan to attend the next convention swap meet. 

Thanks for stopping by!  :D
"This is no sales flier! I'VE WASTED PRECIOUS SHOPPING MINUTES!" ("File 10: The Outlaw Scooter Mama," Your Under Arrest)

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
    • Long neglected deviantart site
Re: 2010 Swap meet BANZAI!!!! Next year bigger room?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:52:44 am »
oh yes! definitely a bigger room with more table space is needed. i had huge towers of manga and other stuff balanced precariously because i didnt have enough space on the table, and the you couldnt even see what was on the bottom.. but other than that it went great!
()()
(**)
(___)0
If love is blind, then I have 20/20 vision

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »
I will definitely be there as I missed out on the con next year, and I've got a drawer full of stuff to get rid of. LOL.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:56:02 pm »
God the room was soooo crammed, I was shocked. I think there should be a bigger room so people can not have one person per aisle @.@ Getting in and out of those were hard.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 03:41:21 pm »
it was verrrry crowded and someone sat on me.