Author Topic: Kumoricon Location / Area Questions  (Read 998078 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon 2011 location
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:03 pm »
I would think that IF there would be a main building, it'd probably be the Hilton, simply because it's bigger AND closer to the park.  I think it'd be kind of interesting to have Opening ceremonies at one hotel and Closing ceremonies at the other.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Kizxm

• Cabbit
    • tum tum
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2011, 04:49:14 pm »
wahhh which hotel is the aa going to be located?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2011, 11:50:15 am »
As far as I know, nothing has been finalized as of yet.  I don't even think that they've selected the location of opening or closing ceremonies.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2011, 12:15:00 pm »
looks like its another case of the web site being stupid, so just gotta call in and make the reservations
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kizxm

• Cabbit
    • tum tum
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2011, 09:34:51 pm »
haha oh goodness, i m so confused as to how this whole two hotel thing is gonna play down

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:38 pm »
Just imagine all the events of the con being divided between two neighboring buildings that just happen to be two separate hotels. It's going to be that simple. You want to attend this event - go to this building. You want to attend this other event - go to this other building. It will work out, I promise you. It will all pan out.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:08 pm »
Oh this will be funn. 8D
I'm really excited. > u <

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »
It will be nice to be back at the vancouver hilton,  the staff were so nice .(not dissing red lion I just haven't stayed there before I an sure there staff are awesome).  Gosh thinking back then I had just gotten engaged last time k-con was there, and here I am married for a couple of years. Time flies huh?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2011, 02:28:22 pm »
>.> Uh.... just gonna book the room now and apply the code later.... rumors, though rumors of it being full is not good. So... xD

I'm assuming Hilton will hold main events cause it's bigger. Done without a fridge/microwave before so booking for there. I'd rather not walk back to my hotel late at night alone in a mini skirt or something ><

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2011, 10:50:56 am »
I'm lovin the Red Lion.  the rooms are like half of what they are at the Hilton.  So this year I can afford a room instead of driving back and forth.  Plus it will be more fun just to stay there and meet the neighbors.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2011, 11:44:45 am »
>.> Uh.... just gonna book the room now and apply the code later.... rumors, though rumors of it being full is not good. So... xD

Just call and it should be no problem.  for some reason web site said full and over the phone no problem.  Wouldnt be the first time a website acted stupid

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »

Just call and it should be no problem.  for some reason web site said full and over the phone no problem.  Wouldnt be the first time a website acted stupid

So is there a Kumoricon hotel code yet? Or should I just tell them I'm with Kumoricon?

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2011, 11:27:29 pm »

So is there a Kumoricon hotel code yet? Or should I just tell them I'm with Kumoricon?

Go ahead and call. Thats the easiest way.
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2011, 06:55:56 am »
Bummer. I liked the Portland Hilton for one big fact. It was in Portland. Easy to get to and I knew the area reasonably well. 2011 I was hoping to bring my son. But if I have to have a hotel I might need to have roommates. And I am sorry, but rooming with someone I do not know when my son is in the room is just not a good idea. Maybe if he was like 16, but he is only 9. Bummer. I either can't take my son, which he will be sad about, or I have to find a way to earn enough money to have a room without roommates.  

Then, also... which hotel? If I can take my son I would want the cheaper one. But if the events me and him want to do are at the Hilton then I would want to be in there. Any idea where the rpg table top gaming will be? ^^; or the game room will be?

Edit: Son talked me into taking him. But now I need to come up with about $300.00 for the hotel. ><;; Evilness of a super cute son.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:16:40 am by Roddy Manic »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2011, 12:23:55 pm »

Just call and it should be no problem.  for some reason web site said full and over the phone no problem.  Wouldnt be the first time a website acted stupid

Go ahead and call. Thats the easiest way.

So is calling and mentioning Kumoricon the same as going through the website using the yet-released Kumoricon group code? Are all the people who have already registered this way put into the Kumoricon block (even though it isn't officially opened yet)? Just wondering if there is going to be any point to the group code when it's released if the block is already filling up.

I hate asking questions like this, because I know your positions are hard enough without anyone nagging you. I just had to get the question out though.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:25:16 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:14 pm »
Bummer. I liked the Portland Hilton for one big fact. It was in Portland. Easy to get to and I knew the area reasonably well. 2011 I was hoping to bring my son. But if I have to have a hotel I might need to have roommates. And I am sorry, but rooming with someone I do not know when my son is in the room is just not a good idea. Maybe if he was like 16, but he is only 9. Bummer. I either can't take my son, which he will be sad about, or I have to find a way to earn enough money to have a room without roommates.  

Then, also... which hotel? If I can take my son I would want the cheaper one. But if the events me and him want to do are at the Hilton then I would want to be in there. Any idea where the rpg table top gaming will be? ^^; or the game room will be?

Edit: Son talked me into taking him. But now I need to come up with about $300.00 for the hotel. ><;; Evilness of a super cute son.

Why not just use the bus system to go to and from home?  I suppose it'd depend on what part of the Portland area you live in...

I do know that, with the current schedule system, if you get to the correct bus stop by 11:44, you'll be able to get back into Portland just fine.  It's really close to the Hilton, about 1.5-2 blocks away.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2011, 04:11:47 pm »

Why not look at comfort inn? They are reasonably cheap and close by. which reminds me... ALLYKAT!!!! please give me a call. <3
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:23 pm »
I live in Beaverton, just to get to red castle it can sometimes take up to 2 hours. (when my gps says it takes 25 minutes... LIES!)  I do not want to travel that much every day... about 2 hours min every day there 2 back. so 4 hours every day min. Can't have fun after all that driving and the total gas wise would probably cost close to the same I will be spending on the hotel. Number 2 reason, I like supporting the hotels that the con is in. This will be like a vacation for my son before he starts school back up, and the first con he will be at for the full con, so making it fun for him is important. 9 year olds do not want to travel 2 hours every day for something.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »
I live in Beaverton, just to get to red castle it can sometimes take up to 2 hours. (when my gps says it takes 25 minutes... LIES!)  I do not want to travel that much every day... about 2 hours min every day there 2 back. so 4 hours every day min. Can't have fun after all that driving and the total gas wise would probably cost close to the same I will be spending on the hotel. Number 2 reason, I like supporting the hotels that the con is in. This will be like a vacation for my son before he starts school back up, and the first con he will be at for the full con, so making it fun for him is important. 9 year olds do not want to travel 2 hours every day for something.

Okay... that makes sense.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2011, 08:02:32 am »
So, I just figured out the Kumoricon room code.

KUMORICON ROOM CODE FOR HILTON: "KUM"

There you go.

Let it be known I just found this out on my own.

So hacking cookies to me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:08:02 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2011, 05:07:39 pm »
Hey EveofAbyss, thanks for the info I just used the code and I have my room all set up for Kumoriconm So now I can get back to life.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:47:55 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2011, 09:12:45 am »
Yeah, no problem. It is a huge relief finally getting that out of the way, the right way.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:23 am »
Isn't it KUM every year anyway? xD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2011, 12:00:59 pm »
No, it has been KUMO a couple times also.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Snorlax

• Cabbit
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2011, 01:35:57 pm »
I suppose you could use the same old, stale hotel code to book a room at the Hilton just like every other year OR you could wait a day and book a room at the Hilton using an epic addition to our website!

Also, if you are having problems with booking a room at either of our hotels, please email me at hotel@kumoricon.org.  I'm not on the forums much, so I won't know you are having problems if you don't tell me.

EDIT: You can now book a room at the Hilton at the convention rate using the Kumoricon website!  Please visit the "Location" page for more information.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:54:01 pm by Snorlax »
2015-17 Chair
2013-14 General Manager
2011-12 Facilities Liaison
2010 Tabletop Gaming Manager
2008-09 Tabletop Gaming Coordinator
2007 Gaming Staff

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2011, 09:34:46 pm »
As for the drive, it not bad from Hillsboro about a half an hour, as ling there no accident or bridge lift. Friday night and Monday after noon may be a problem. I plan to Commute in except if I can scratch up some cash for Sunday night stay. (SO I can stay up late and do not worry about falling asleep behind the wheel. )

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2011, 01:01:16 am »
30 minutes from Hillsboro? Do you speed? I have never got to Portland from Hillsboro, let alone Washington, in 30 minutes. 35 minutes once from my dad's work in Hillsboro to Red Castle in Portland, but never faster then that.

I am starting to like the location though. So many little flaws. (some that are easy to fix though, like food tax. Lots of ways to work around that flaw.) But so many pluses. Some pluses don't help me any, but they will help the con to grow and that is always a cool thing to watch happen.

Offline Rei

• Oni
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2011, 07:45:57 am »
Seriously? Isn't anyone else just a little pissed they moved it back to Vancouver? Last time I checked, KumoriCon was billed as Oregon's main anime convention. Hate to break it to you, but even if it's right across the river, Vancouver is not in Oregon.

Have it where you (I'm not sure who "you" would be, whoever decides the location I suppose) like, just stop calling it Oregon's convention. Washington has their con, it's SakuraCon, yes it's in Seattle miles away but they've got theirs. We don't need a SakuraCon part two. I find it hard to believe they couldn't find another meeting place/hotel or work with the downtown Portland Hilton to keep it in Portland. Extremely frustrating...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2011, 10:11:06 am »
Seriously? Isn't anyone else just a little pissed they moved it back to Vancouver?

No. Not at all. I'm overjoyed, actually. The Vancouver Hilton is prime territory for Kumoricon. The hotel is spacious, and it is in a wide, accommodating area. The space worked fantastically in 2007, and I am very excited to see the con returning there. As far as keeping Kumoricon in Oregon because it is "Oregon's Convention", if you're willing that Kumoricon (and all its attendees) suffer in an inadequate space simply for the sake of "keeping it in Oregon", I hope you never get the opportunity to make these decisions, because you're complaining for all the wrong reasons. The Vancouver Hilton and its surrounding area is a perfect fit for Kumoricon, and has been proven to serve as such. These state loyalties get us nowhere if they only serve to hinder Kumoricon in its growth and in its means to provide the perfect experience for its attendees.

In short: look for reasons to appreciate it, not reasons to groan about it - because more often than not, your reasons are silly anyway.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2011, 02:00:02 pm »
Seriously? Isn't anyone else just a little pissed they moved it back to Vancouver? Last time I checked, KumoriCon was billed as Oregon's main anime convention. Hate to break it to you, but even if it's right across the river, Vancouver is not in Oregon.

Imagine how some of us Washingtonians feel.  Because of how close we are to Portland, our sources of news are Portland-based.  Most of us know more about Oregon politics, news, and laws than we do our own state.  I see 10 times more University of Oregon shirts, flags, and other merchandise than Washington and Washington State combined.  When Seattle had an NBA team, any and all of my basketball-fan friends thought it was insulting that I was a SuperSonics fan rather than a Trail Blazer fan.

Either way, Vancouver and Portland are pretty much intertwined.  Southwest Washington plays a strong role in Portland's successes and businesses; Kumoricon is no exception.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »
Have it where you (I'm not sure who "you" would be, whoever decides the location I suppose) like, just stop calling it Oregon's convention.

You mean, like the con did stop calling itself Oregon's convention? Seriously, we pay attention to these details. Never mind that it is a few miles from its previous location, and is very close to its same fandom. Whether it crossed a border (which itself divides a major metropolitan area) is meaningless.

We don't need a SakuraCon part two.

If you define a con by what side of a state border it is on (not even its actual broad geographic location), then yes. If you define it by continuity in staff, programming, character--then you have nothing to worry about.

I find it hard to believe they couldn't find another meeting place/hotel or work with the downtown Portland Hilton to keep it in Portland. Extremely frustrating...

If you knew more about what is involved in choosing a location for 5000 people, you might think differently. The number of venues that almost fits us can be counted on less than one hand. When you start looking at the logistics of each one, you see that even some of those don't work. Other split options were considered as well.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2011, 02:16:11 pm »
Wow Rei, really? :/
Um yeah... You don't just go up to a hotel and say. "Hey...we want our convention here. kthnxbye."

What is around the hotel chosen? Guests can't just go around starving or living off high priced hotel food.
How many events are there? A hotel with a small number of rooms won't work for panels.
How many attendees? The higher that number, the more room you need for them to move around in.
How much money do we have? If the con doesn't have a lot of money, they can't go too high on the price of where they want to have it.
Who wins the bid? I'm going to give a small assumption this is how part of it maybe works?? I know many businesses do a bid which is where they contact the possible people they want to work with and they start out at a price. The people go lower on the price until they are the lowest price and the person who put out the bid chooses them as the winner.

We had a contract with the Hilton for two years and we did our two years there. But the Hilton wasn't the best choice for KCon. The first year the employees treated us all very poorly and weren't very helpful about anything. The second year things were better but you could feel some of the tension around certain people. It's a great area around the hotel just like at the DoubleTree in 08 but when you grow in numbers, you need to grow in area.
A two hotel stretch is a great idea and while I haven't been to the area, I'm sure it's a good stretch to make.

Yeah, KCon won't be in Portland THIS year but that doesn't mean that next year it won't be. It's been in Vancouver before and nothing has changed. If you're worried about taxes look at your ID. If you're an oregon resident just flash your ID when you go to shops outside of con and they should be able to take off the taxes for you. If you're not...you should be used to taxes anyways. :/

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2011, 02:27:48 pm »
If you're worried about taxes look at your ID. If you're an oregon resident just flash your ID when you go to shops outside of con and they should be able to take off the taxes for you. If you're not...you should be used to taxes anyways. :/

That doesn't apply to eateries.  If you go to a store and buy a can of chili, yes, no tax.  If you go to a restaurant and buy a bowl of chili that they've prepared, no, pay tax.  The law "basically" says that if it's something that you can take home and use it there (such as appliances, foods you prepare at home, and books), then you pay the taxes that apply to your home (in Oregon's case, none).  However, if it's something consumable that the shop has made there, you have to pay the taxes of where you're at.  When I worked for Taco Bell, I've had Oregon customers yelling at me because I understood the laws and told them WHY they still had to pay 8¢ for their taco.  Also, I've been told that "legally" Washingtonians still need to pay their sales taxes when they buy things in Oregon.  Apparently, they need to mail a check somewhere, or something like that (I avoid the confusion and just buy things in Washington, if I can).

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2011, 02:30:50 pm »
If you're worried about taxes look at your ID. If you're an oregon resident just flash your ID when you go to shops outside of con and they should be able to take off the taxes for you. If you're not...you should be used to taxes anyways. :/

That doesn't apply to eateries.  If you go to a store and buy a can of chili, yes, no tax.  If you go to a restaurant and buy a bowl of chili that they've prepared, no, pay tax.  The law "basically" says that if it's something that you can take home and use it there (such as appliances, foods you prepare at home, and books), then you pay the taxes that apply to your home (in Oregon's case, none).  However, if it's something consumable that the shop has made there, you have to pay the taxes of where you're at.  When I worked for Taco Bell, I've had Oregon customers yelling at me because I understood the laws and told them WHY they still had to pay 8¢ for their taco.  Also, I've been told that "legally" Washingtonians still need to pay their sales taxes when they buy things in Oregon.  Apparently, they need to mail a check somewhere, or something like that (I avoid the confusion and just buy things in Washington, if I can).

That's why I said shops and not food places. :)

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:20 pm »
I was mainly saying it to add to the point.  Like I said, some Oregonians don't get the difference (just like some Washingtonians don't).

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:42 am »
To clarify- I read on the Hotel Info on Kcon.org, saying that there are Quad Rooms in the Hilton, but I cannot find anything that says about 4 bed in a room on the Hilton website. I was just making sure that there are rooms with 4 beds, correct?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »
To clarify- I read on the Hotel Info on Kcon.org, saying that there are Quad Rooms in the Hilton, but I cannot find anything that says about 4 bed in a room on the Hilton website. I was just making sure that there are rooms with 4 beds, correct?

That means number of people in the room, not beds.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »
Yeah, I don't think there are too many hotels in general that actually have 4 beds in them (but that would be pretty cool).

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2011, 05:46:59 pm »
Wow Rei, really? :/
Um yeah... You don't just go up to a hotel and say. "Hey...we want our convention here. kthnxbye."

What is around the hotel chosen? Guests can't just go around starving or living off high priced hotel food.
How many events are there? A hotel with a small number of rooms won't work for panels.
How many attendees? The higher that number, the more room you need for them to move around in.
How much money do we have? If the con doesn't have a lot of money, they can't go too high on the price of where they want to have it.
Who wins the bid? I'm going to give a small assumption this is how part of it maybe works?? I know many businesses do a bid which is where they contact the possible people they want to work with and they start out at a price. The people go lower on the price until they are the lowest price and the person who put out the bid chooses them as the winner.

We had a contract with the Hilton for two years and we did our two years there. But the Hilton wasn't the best choice for KCon. The first year the employees treated us all very poorly and weren't very helpful about anything. The second year things were better but you could feel some of the tension around certain people. It's a great area around the hotel just like at the DoubleTree in 08 but when you grow in numbers, you need to grow in area.
A two hotel stretch is a great idea and while I haven't been to the area, I'm sure it's a good stretch to make.

Yeah, KCon won't be in Portland THIS year but that doesn't mean that next year it won't be. It's been in Vancouver before and nothing has changed. If you're worried about taxes look at your ID. If you're an oregon resident just flash your ID when you go to shops outside of con and they should be able to take off the taxes for you. If you're not...you should be used to taxes anyways. :/

*tries to find the Like button to click on for this post*
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2011, 08:18:11 am »

That means number of people in the room, not beds.
Ohhh, so is it similar to apartment occupacy? Its going to be me, V., L., A. and her boyfriend (5 people total) would be sharing a Quad w/ three beds... Would that be OK- or are only 4 allowed? We do *not* plan on having people sleeping on the floor. Been there, done that, bad idea all around lol.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2011, 06:48:31 pm »
Its going to be me, V., L., A. and her boyfriend (5 people total) would be sharing a Quad w/ three beds... Would that be OK- or are only 4 allowed? We do *not* plan on having people sleeping on the floor. Been there, done that, bad idea all around lol.

Usually, hotels only allow four per room. Hotels will enforce this to varying degrees.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:27 pm »
Its going to be me, V., L., A. and her boyfriend (5 people total) would be sharing a Quad w/ three beds... Would that be OK- or are only 4 allowed? We do *not* plan on having people sleeping on the floor. Been there, done that, bad idea all around lol.

Usually, hotels only allow four per room. Hotels will enforce this to varying degrees.
Oh, ok. Well in that case, I never said anything about 5 people in the room! :) ha-ha

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:56 pm »

Oh, ok. Well in that case, I never said anything about 5 people in the room! :) ha-ha

You know, it might be possible to ask them upfront.  I'd imagine that if you're honest about it and if all five of you contribute to the bill, they'd probably allow you to go for it.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2011, 11:10:11 pm »
You know, it might be possible to ask them upfront.  I'd imagine that if you're honest about it and if all five of you contribute to the bill, they'd probably allow you to go for it.

Most hotels probably won't make an exception, because the restriction is due to fire code.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2011, 08:52:31 am »

Most hotels probably won't make an exception, because the restriction is due to fire code.
Ok, Thank you! I'll keep this all in mind when booking.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2011, 01:09:31 pm »

Good lukc, Neko!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2011, 03:52:01 pm »
You know, it might be possible to ask them upfront.  I'd imagine that if you're honest about it and if all five of you contribute to the bill, they'd probably allow you to go for it.

Good lukc, Neko!
If anyone else was wondering, max number of beds is 2. I think you can request a roll-away bed, but it'd only be a twin.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:54:34 pm by Neko_Chan »

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »
I personally LOVED the Vancouver Hilton, and am really looking forward to going back there again. It was amazing having the park right across from the hotel, which kept the crowding factor down and allowed for more breath-ability. There were some great food locations very close to the hotel as well.

The Red Lion was great too, I'm interested in seeing how the convention will be incorporated into the two hotels.

I really have a good feeling about this year. :3

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline tomsaiyuk@aol.com

• Oni
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2011, 04:03:23 am »
Vancouver ? NOOOOOOOO! Too bad, i only live 6 blockd from the downtown Portland location from last year :(
 Is anyone going to Wondercon this weekend ?  I guess I will start making plans for Vancouver now.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2011, 06:04:03 am »
If you only lived six blocks from the downtown Portland location, then you don't live much farther from the Vancouver location. We all keep saying the same thing: stop stressing the difference of cities. It is in Vancouver, but it is no farther from the metro area than anything else. It is just across the river, barely 15 minutes from downtown, so stop stressing, really.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!