Author Topic: I met you.... thread  (Read 41036 times)

Offline hikomarukun

• Cabbit
    • Dream Build Computer Blog
I met you.... thread
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but is there a thread that's like the personal adds in the Portland Mercury news paper? Where people write like.. "I met you (insert here), we talked for a short while about (this and this) but I didn't get your name or any information..."? I feel like this would be awesome for meeting random people at a con, but leaving too quickly to get any info for later meet-ups. Umm... If there isn't, It should be under the "Convention Community" topic. What do you moderators say?

An example of this would be like...
"I was Scott Pilgrim, you were Ramona Flowers - I met you in the gaming area and asked you to take a picture with me. Later that night, I ran into you for 5 seconds when you took my picture, and left to go to the rave line. Message me ^_^"

-Hikomarukun
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:59:17 pm by hikomarukun »
Come talk to me... I haz cookeez.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: I met you.... thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 02:27:55 am »
Good idea for a thread.  There's probably like 100 hundred such possible people I could name off though. D:  I tend to like everyone I talk to at cons, sooo.. ^^;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline hikomarukun

• Cabbit
    • Dream Build Computer Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:37:02 am »
Haha exactly! I would just love to see this thread made! So many people I know would use it ^_^
Come talk to me... I haz cookeez.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:09:20 am »
Ah, a missed connections thread.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:12:12 pm »
I met this totally bro dude, we bumped fists, I hope someday we can bump fists again.

WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:28:10 pm »
Hey you said you name was Katie or Yoshie and we hung out sunday morning you got me coffee I felt special and you left to get a dress. Never returned :(  you were wielding a redonkulously heavy keyblade and you yhad red normal hair.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »
I met this totally bro dude, we bumped fists, I hope someday we can bump fists again.

Many bros were met last night... and many a fist-bumped were shared.

There were a couple people from speed-dating who were actually pretty dang chill. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:50:29 pm »
I met a few people. A few fist bump jutsus were used.

My buddy and I were, more or less, generic jounin.. my friend wore a mask and a sound headband, I had goggles, camo pants, and a leaf headband.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »

There were a couple people from speed-dating who were actually pretty dang chill. =]

I concur, not that I was one of them, but that ended up being more fun than expected.

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
I dressed as Ezio and met a Rosa on Sunday, hence the icon. I don't remember what line we were in, but she gave me her dA and I tried it, but I must have forgotten or misheard it, because I can't make it work! I'm trying to get a hold of her. :C
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:33:14 pm »

I concur, not that I was one of them, but that ended up being more fun than expected.

LIES!!!! You were totally at mine and ~boogie's~ table for a bit... =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline DeafWord

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 08:44:01 pm »
ANYONE involved in the valve group (TF2, L4D, HL2 even) please message me. Same goes for any of the Homestuck people I met! You guys were all fantastic! I'd love to meet any of you again :33 (Oh, I was the abnormally tall and skinny Hunter on day 2 and 3, and Dave Strider on day 1)
This is a signature

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 08:57:22 pm »

LIES!!!! You were totally at mine and ~boogie's~ table for a bit... =]

Haha, just because I got to be at the cool table doesnt make me one of the cool kids...

Offline SandPuppeteer

• Sailor Scout
    • @Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 09:02:20 pm »
There were a handful of people I wanted to track down but I didn't have a chance to find.

Spike, from the over 18 dating game. If just to shake his hand and thank him for reminding me the world isn't totally over-run with Twilight fans. Plus, he was hilarious.

Anyone who was involved in the Cosplay Crossover LARP. I had to leave due to being on the verge of passing out, so I couldn't see it through to the end. Every last one was awesome. But above all, the mafia guys (the one with the red tie and the one with sunglasses). I had no idea what you guys were playing from or if they were just characters you created for the game. But you were just awesome. Oh, and the Adventure Time guy, you were just amazing. (I was the one in the patchy hoodie).

Offline Soryko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:16:39 pm »
Me likes the idea of this having it's own forum. o3o
I loved so many people. XD Everyone was so nice.

Anyone from the glomp circle day 3, I was the one dressed as a Vocaloid in like white, pink, and black. o3o
I'd love to hang out with any of ya again for meetups.
-Was the Chii in a pink/black laced dress the first two days-.
Also, if you have any of the pics that were taken during the glomp-ness, I'd love to see them. XD

Oh! And those of you who had to dance with Chii me at the ball, I am sorry for my lack of any dancing skill rofl.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:32:59 pm by Soryko »
Cosplays I wanna do - Finn (Adventure time) // Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji) // Miyuki (Lucky Star)

Offline Styx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 09:20:08 pm »
Anything I would put here would be like,
"You were awesome, I was being awesome.  We talked about awesome stuff.  It was pretty awesome."

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 09:24:06 pm »
It Was Pretty Cool I met alot of cool ppl at the con being my 2nd anime convention. Hope to see all you next year it was worth driving 4 hours to go to portland. Too bad it had to end soon i had to leave right away when ending ceremony was over to go back home. I Really wanted to say goodbye to all the ppl that I met.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 12:48:35 am »
Anything I would put here would be like,
"You were awesome, I was being awesome.  We talked about awesome stuff.  It was pretty awesome."

Co-signed.

Actually, there was this really pretty staff girl that had super nice eyes keeping track of people coming into the Kumoriball.  Once the initial craziness died down, I was really enjoying the conversation we were at least attempting to have over the loud noise. xD  I ended up working about 2-3 times longer than I expected to, and I was actually disappointed when my relief arrived because I wasn't able to talk to her anymore. D:   (My feet were absolutely killing me at this point, but . . .) xD

I don't think there were ever any formal introductions, but I do seem to recall noticing her badge when talking to her and I think it said Jasmine. ^^

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 02:36:21 am »
Sounds like we need to find reppy's Jasmine!  I met lotsa really cool people but I was waaaayyy to shay at the dances mostly stood by meyself. Where were you to boost my confidence Reppy! Manchi coulda helped!
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 09:42:25 am »
I was in the main con space, gettin' hugs from babes and bros.  My dress is too long, so I'd be worried it would be getting constantly stepped on in the dance. ^^

Offline Zen

• Cabbit
    • Teh Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:38 am »
I met some pretty cool people on Sunday morning during the 8AM One Piece photoshoot and also some people I Danced with during the Kumori Ball that I would gladly like to hang with or talk with again(I'm looking your way female Luffy because you were so awesome). I was Zoro from One Piece during both events so if any of my Bro's from those Events want to contact me in anyway just go to teh Facebook in my profile and add me.
"The World... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your spirits. Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your flag!"

-Former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 10:36:01 am »
To the Host in the red dress and the Mori host at the ball, you were awesome and I can't remeber your names, if you told me them. I suck at that.

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 01:59:03 pm »
I was in the main con space, gettin' hugs from babes and bros.  My dress is too long, so I'd be worried it would be getting constantly stepped on in the dance. ^^

Hurrayyy! I ran into reppy a couple times this year!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 02:03:21 pm »
I meet to many people to save my life, but it was amazing all the way.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 02:17:35 pm »

Dooood it was super awesome running into you ^___^  You do such awesome cosplays!

OLDSCHOOL ANIME FTW!!!

Offline DeafWord

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 02:22:33 pm »
Waaaaait, Reppy. What cosplay did you do on the last day? Because I think I might have seen you
This is a signature

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 02:26:27 pm »
The one in my avatar. ^^;

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 02:28:45 pm »
Actually there was one guy who piped in humorously in response to the use of a specific acronym in the Prog Suite whom I wouldn't mind meeting.

Here mostly to say thank you to everyone who made my day by complimenting my cosplays (Glee, Rachel's Lady Gaga dress, Sat.; Doctor Who, Series 1, Gwyneth, Dickens-era maid with bustle, Sun.), & complimented my elegant dresses Fri & Mon. Especially the girl who, 3rd floor hallway, Fri night, lamented "you always dress so beautifully, I feel like I should run home & get my dress". Totally made my day.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 02:46:41 pm »
The lady at the same table as I was during Sake Tasting...was fun talking to you. I was the one with the huge camera bag in the middle of our table & the Demonia Predator boots on.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »

Dooood it was super awesome running into you ^___^  You do such awesome cosplays!

OLDSCHOOL ANIME FTW!!!

Thank you Reppy!!!  :D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 04:27:54 pm »
i want to talk with the ezio and altair again they were awesome =D
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 04:50:14 pm »
All the people who I danced with at the ball, or anyone who didn't think I was an idiot xD
I'd like to meet you crazy folks again.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 07:01:04 pm »
All the people who I danced with at the ball, or anyone who didn't think I was an idiot xD
I'd like to meet you crazy folks again.

You already know me :3
and Im sorry for leaving so soon after dancing Shay,
I had to get my sister...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 07:16:26 pm »
I would love to thank in person the one guy at Fanfic Bedtime Stories who actually recognized the name of the song I was about to sing my Doctor Who fanfic version of in the Creation Station. That gave me more confidence to perform. I think the guy's name was ? Scott ? He read a fic while I was in the hall with the voice actor....Thanks, whomever.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 08:52:41 pm »
Looking for the girl Naruto ANBU, I love you,  err... Hi, nice to see someone else with the same cosplay.  I was the guy ANBU walking around sat/sun.  ^.^

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 09:47:51 pm »
I dressed as Ezio and met a Rosa on Sunday, hence the icon. I don't remember what line we were in, but she gave me her dA and I tried it, but I must have forgotten or misheard it, because I can't make it work! I'm trying to get a hold of her. :C

Oop! She's a friend of mine. Her username on the forums is Jaqua. She was telling me about meeting you!
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Akemi_Idane

• Cabbit
    • My cos.com!
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 10:06:18 pm »
Me likes the idea of this having it's own forum. o3o
I loved so many people. XD Everyone was so nice.

Anyone from the glomp circle day 3, I was the one dressed as a Vocaloid in like white, pink, and black. o3o
I'd love to hang out with any of ya again for meetups.
-Was the Chii in a pink/black laced dress the first two days-.
Also, if you have any of the pics that were taken during the glomp-ness, I'd love to see them. XD

Oh! And those of you who had to dance with Chii me at the ball, I am sorry for my lack of any dancing skill rofl.
If you took a picture with a Dita on day two, then I probably met you. You weren't the only person there in that dress though. I just remember one Chii in that dress who didn't really know me but one of her friends did...?

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »

Oop! She's a friend of mine. Her username on the forums is Jaqua. She was telling me about meeting you!

Oh, awesome!! Thank you. :)
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:36 pm »

Oh, awesome!! Thank you. :)

No problem~ I'm sure she'll be happy to hear from you. ' w '
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline CyanideCancer

• Cabbit
    • Yup
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »
On day 2/Sunday I was dressed as Haku and I found another Haku...we took a picture together. I want to find youuu! xD

There's another person but I can't remember who they were cosplayed as...
:/
Rawr

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »
ANYONE involved in the valve group (TF2, L4D, HL2 even) please message me. Same goes for any of the Homestuck people I met! You guys were all fantastic! I'd love to meet any of you again :33 (Oh, I was the abnormally tall and skinny Hunter on day 2 and 3, and Dave Strider on day 1)
HEY YOU. i was the chubby witch.
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 01:10:40 am »
Oh I know that guy.  He's a total jerk and has a stupid moustache and plays a mandolin or something.  You don't want to talk to him.

For the most part I managed to get in touch with all the chill people I met at con.  A couple I haven't been able to meet were the Kirin Girl and the girl sitting next to dubaby and boogiepop both at speeddating.  I was the guy with the mandolin and the moustache and stuff.

Also, all of KogaRyu's friends that I went to get Voodoo Doughnuts with Sunday night seemed really chill.

Anyway hit me up on facebook if any of you see this and want to keep in touch.  Kirin girl especially so we can play MHP3 when it comes out.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline marsvoltafrances

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 01:56:51 am »
There was a girl at the dance/rave on sunday who got up on stage a few times and was dancing next to me for most of the time, wearing a white skirt with a white sports bra or something? anyways, she was way cute and seemed cool, it would be rad to talk to her :)

Offline HentaiAttack

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 02:01:50 am »
Hey guys,

So I finally got set up with an account all late...

aha...

Well,

I would like to meet anyone I danced with at the ball. Those people were amazing!!!!

Also friends who danced at the raves?!

I was:
ANGRY Rock Lee.
Yellow Maid.
"Edward Cullen" (shirtless or black v neck) at the ball.

(Tattoo on rib as most people notice me by)
Beasts of Hentai:
Anime Evo2010- Open battle: Complete
Sakura con2010- Novice cosplay contest: Complete
Akicon 2009- Dance Battle: 2nd. :(

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 04:43:17 am »
Dude one of the staff at the rave was dressed as roroni Kenshin and dancing all by herself in the corner. She was really into it and I wanted to say more than "Having fun?" and leaving lol.

Offline ocb777

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 11:10:35 am »
Kiari, we played apples to apples together. I was going to watch you in the Karaoke contest, but I decided to eat food and missed it. Thought I saw you leaving the con Sunday, but you were too far to chase down. Indy said he saw you and waved, but you were busy, so he let you be.

Thought you were funny, intelligent and looked great as Kairi. Would love chance to make a new friend, since I missed the chance to talk again at con.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:14:02 am by ocb777 »

Consistently cosplaying since 2008.

Offline Bokensai

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 11:59:30 am »
There was this one girl that ran up to me and gave me a glomp and quick kiss on the lips. It was random but very sweet and the only random kiss I got all con =P I was Zack Fair and shortly after we got a picture taken with a pirate Nel in it as well. I think you might've given me your name but if you did I didn't catch it. Whoever you are you seemed pretty awesome though and I would've loved to have hung out with you a bit more
No matter how much I improve I'll always consider myself just a cosplayer in training.

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 03:35:47 pm »
There was this one girl that ran up to me and gave me a glomp and quick kiss on the lips. It was random but very sweet and the only random kiss I got all con =P I was Zack Fair and shortly after we got a picture taken with a pirate Nel in it as well. I think you might've given me your name but if you did I didn't catch it. Whoever you are you seemed pretty awesome though and I would've loved to have hung out with you a bit more
somebody kissed you O.O
lucky sonofagun

Offline Bokensai

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 03:43:50 pm »
somebody kissed you O.O
lucky sonofagun

Haha. Yes. What can I say? Zack fangirls really like Zack a lot. I got glomped and hugged so many times this con o.o
Good times good times.
No matter how much I improve I'll always consider myself just a cosplayer in training.

Offline Mog

• Cabbit
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
I met a few cool people, but my mind lacks the ability to remember people. D: I was the Moogle dude in the Murder Game and ChibiPLOSION and walking around, whoring myself for hugs. <3