Poll

Should there be a lesbian meet?

Most definitely
6 (54.5%)
Does it have to be anime? (and no it doesn't)
1 (9.1%)
WHEN AND WHERE, SIGN ME UP!!!
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 02, 2005, 10:46:08 pm

Author Topic: Should there be a lesbian cosplay meet? (serious post)  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Doppelganger

• Oni
Should there be a lesbian cosplay meet? (serious post)
« on: August 02, 2005, 10:46:08 pm »
Heh, if your thinking i'm being perverted your wrong, this is an honest question. Are there girls on this site who seem to meet girls at cons and then just kind of go... "well this sucks I don't know where they are now?". I don't know if the kumoricon is against this but personally I think this would be a good way for lesbians to get out and meet girls who have a common interest... (AKA anime, manga, Jrock/pop) so who thinks we should? if you think it's a good idea let me know, IM, PM, or E-mail me.

P.S.
                   The reason there is no "NO" response is because i'm just going to go by what the girls say. And this meet doesn't have to be a Kumori con meet it could just be a meet of lesbian kumori con goers who wanna get together and meet new people. ^_^ (If any moderators have a problem with this post I am sincerely sorry. Please PM or E-mail if there are any complaints.)

Offline PixeL

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 06:38:20 pm »
YES THERE SHOULD.  It would be nice to meet other queer con-goers n__n

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 11:27:08 am »
feel free also to drop by fanfiction bedtime stories. the fan creation station is a very open minded space, in which yaoi and yuri are prominently featured and welcome, and in which anime fans and con staff and volunteers of all sexual orientations are welcome and are very comfortable being all of who they are.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 08:48:49 pm »
(If any moderators have a problem with this post I am sincerely sorry. Please PM or E-mail if there are any complaints.)

I can't see any way that this is against any policy.  I say go for it.

Offline PixeL

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 12:04:15 am »
i think it should be more of a queer meet so its not just lesbains only. <3

Offline Doppelganger

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 02:19:58 pm »
I do realize it seems somewhat sexist, but I assure you it isn't ^^;; the only reason I say lesbian meet, is because from what i've seen there are alot more gay guys at cons than lesbians. And being a lesbian it would be nice to meet other lesbians from cons. With guys, there may be the extreme possibility of more guys than girls which would defeat the purpose. I'm not trying to be sexist because a queer meet in general would be fun but i'm sure there are just lesbians who would like to go to a meeting of just lesbians. Or it could be opposite and there could be all girls but only one or two guys which would make them uncomfortable. That is why i'm asking for lesbians who are interested to PM or Email me so I know how many girls would be going. This is mainly a comfort thing, or just for the fact that some girls may just want a night to be around girls and no guys whatsoever, that's basically what this is, a gay girls day out ^_^. So I apologize if this seems somewhat sexist but it is not intended to be.

Offline mechaconneko

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 08:11:09 pm »
I'm still thinking Speed dating.  :D  

Boys and Girls
Girls and Girls
Boys and Boys

Anyone organizing something like that?
cute and violent, sorry can't help it.

Offline Doppelganger

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 11:52:06 pm »
there are plenty of meets for everyone in general, the speed dating thing I dont know about. But the reason I am saying lesbian meet is because there could be more lesbians rather than gay guys or vice versa. So this is more to be safe as well again i'm sure there are some girls who would feel much more comfortable around only girls.