Author Topic: LARP (Live Action Role Playing) at Kumoricon, 2010  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Ex-ST

• Oni
    • SHAGLARP (Sifton House Associated Gamers Live Action Role Playing)
LARP (Live Action Role Playing) at Kumoricon, 2010
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:41:56 am »
The same group that provided you with LARPs last year (vampires vs. hunters in high school, Tales From the Floating Vagabond and Are You The Thing?), are here again, with some more fun games to play.

Boffer Combat
Come and play with padded weapons and lots of supervision.
Saturday 12:30pm - 5pm
Live 2 (Pavilion West – Level 2 (PL))

Hogwarts LARP
Come be a student of magic.
Saturday 6pm-10pm
Panel 1 (Galleria 1 Level B)

-------------------

Og LARP
Come be a caveman! Get your point across with your 17 word vocabulary... and a club.
Sunday 10am-3pm

Cosplay Crossover LARP
Come play as the character you're already dressed up as.
Sunday 5:30pm - 10pm
One of the Moderators of shaglarp.com.
One of the triad of LARP Coordinators for Gamestorm 12.
And a very old gamer (started in 1977), who loves costumes, props and acting.

Offline Ex-ST

• Oni
    • SHAGLARP (Sifton House Associated Gamers Live Action Role Playing)
Re: LARP (Live Action Role Playing) at Kumoricon, 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:23 am »
Yay! LARP seemed to go very well this year, so many familiar faces and so many new faces. You all seemed to have a good time, so it looks like we're definitely coming back next year.
Please let us know what you liked, didn't like, would like to see more of, would like to see done differently, etc. Any and all suggestions, comments and ideas would be very helpful! After all, we want this to be for YOU!

Boffer Combat
Lots of fun and sweat. A few broken boffers. A few bruises. One incident of blood. In other words: fun! And it looks like this will definitely be coming back. We will be repairing and modifying the boffers to make things safer for all.

Hogwarts LARP
Ravensclaw won. Just so you know.
There will probably be a version of this game returning next year, with even more stuff to do spread out over the whole weekend!

Og LARP (Caveman LARP)
So much banging. So many smart (and weird) cavemen teaching new words.
By the end, my caveman (Go Thing) knew his basic 17 words, plus: cannibalism, war, smexy, meow, yes, monster, die, green, and a couple more that I have forgotten. But... he refused to learn the word: vegan.

Cosplay Crossover LARP
The female Immortal won, of course.
Lots of awesome roleplaying in this one. There was courage, loyalty, humor, sadness, internal conflict, external conflict, rage, love and laughter. Good luck, demon slayer!

See you next year!
Ex-ST (aka Arby McAngus of Ravensclaw, Go Thing the caveman trader, Octavius the Immortal with the skull mask, etc.)
One of the Moderators of shaglarp.com.
One of the triad of LARP Coordinators for Gamestorm 12.
And a very old gamer (started in 1977), who loves costumes, props and acting.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:36:02 am »
Ah, so now I know what that kinda scary thud was when someone crashed at full force into, and almost through (it felt like), the wall, in the middle of our Religion in Anime & Manga panel (1-3, Galleria II, Sunday).

I so totally would've been in my Luna Lovegood cosplay for Hogwarts LARP, had free time availed.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline SandPuppeteer

• Sailor Scout
    • @Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:02:17 pm »
I thoroughly enjoyed the Cosplay Crossover LARP. Seeing it in the program, my friends and I thought it would be hilariously bad and intended to stay 20 minutes or so. We ended up staying several hours--some of our group until the very end. My group included Ethan ("The Texan" who ended up in charge after a while), two of the robots, Graham (blue coveralls with the wrench) and his friend and a few others.

I would very much like to see this done again next year. And I'll be sure to plan ahead so I can make it to the end!

A huge thank you to the people who put this one together, and to all those that participated. You all reminded me that there is fun to be had with total strangers at cons.