Author Topic: Religion in Anime & Manga, Sun., 1p-3p, Galleria II (Panel 2), B level  (Read 1867 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
A highlight of every con for me for many years; hope to see many of you there!
Our highly popular Religion in Anime & Manga panel returns, Sunday, 1pm-3pm, on the basement level, across from the Grand Ballroom, in the middle Galleria panel room.
Hosted, as always, by the walking encyclopedia known as our AMV Coordinator, Guy Letourneau, and featuring multitalented Creation Station panelist extraordinaire, Jeni Smith, as well as me.
We provide a safe space for folks from all faith perspectives to speak openly but considerately on any topics related to religious or spiritual visual, character development, plot development, ethics, and other aspects of content in any anime, manga, or related material, such as games.
You make it happen. Your insights, your questions, your emotional reactions, your spiritual epiphanies, share them all here.
Feel free to bring "show & tell", any visual from any source that you feel pertains to the topic, whether you liked it or, perhaps most importantly, if you wish to share why you may have felt confused or offended by its portrayal of your or another faith.
Panelists will facilitate discussion and reply from perspectives of personal experience and study of:
Roman Catholicism, Protestant Christianity, Paganism and various practices referred to by some as witchcraft, various branches of Judaism (including Chassidism and Cabala), Dzogchen (a branch of  Buddhism) and Bon (a type of Asian Shamanism), and two branches of modern Hinduism (Brahma Kumaris and Self-Realization Fellowship).

Feel free to get the ball rolling in this thread. Let us know any particular questions you'd like addressed, or particular canonic material you'd like to review.

We love you!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:46:07 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Re: Religion in Anime & Manga, Sun., 1p-3p, Galleria II (Panel 2), B level
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:34 pm »
Religion in Anime and Manga is a height for me, offten  resulting in a mad rush form church to make the panel. This year I may only attend part of the panel due to the hello kitty panel. I catch the  full panel next year if I am in Oregon.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Religion in Anime & Manga, Sun., 1p-3p, Galleria II (Panel 2), B level
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:45:43 pm »
Religion in Anime and Manga is a height for me, offten  resulting in a mad rush form church to make the panel. This year I may only attend part of the panel due to the hello kitty panel. I catch the  full panel next year if I am in Oregon.

Hope you make it! I love that you're making it clear our panel's been a priority for you in multiple years :) Same here!
Are there any subjects you would like to bring up or to have us touch upon, whether you can join us in person this year or not?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:46:39 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).