Author Topic: What should I bring?  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Zangetsu

• Cabbit
What should I bring?
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:46:03 pm »
This is my first convention ever and I have no idea what to bring. What do you guys suggest? I'm staying for Saturday only so I don't need to worry about anything regarding staying multiple days. Do I bring my own food? A Camera? How much money should I bring? I'd love some suggestions from the veterans.
Give me (and some of the other newcomers) some tips.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:12:42 pm by Zangetsu »
Woah!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: What should I bring?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:49:22 pm »
A camera is a must, of course. ^^;  Really, if you're just coming for a day, you prolly don't need to bring a whole lot. 

- Water bottle
- Money
- Camera
- A snack of some sort

Am I missing something? ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 11:02:10 pm »
DEFINITELY a camera, be it digital or disposable. I'd bring about 20 bucks for the dealers hall (if u wanna buy a small something, 20 should cover it), and some money for food (just because carrying around a bag with food in it is annoying). You're going to need an ID to check in (or buy a badge, or w/e you need to do regarding that). I like the previous post about a water bottle, cause that's always something I forget and have to buy. But if I remember right, there should be a rite aid or something nearby? (correct me if i'm wrong sumbody)
So only Sat? Well it's a good day to go, but you're going to miss out on sum fun the other days :) The good thing about you going sat tho is everyone's cosplay will be "fresh" (by that i mean clean, pressed, ect).
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »
But if I remember right, there should be a rite aid or something nearby? (correct me if i'm wrong sumbody)

The Rite Aid is about 3? blocks North from the con along SW 6th Avenue.  I was there just a couple of days ago, actually.

I'd also recommend bringing a bag for easy carrying, especially if you plan on buying stuff while you're there.

If you want to see any of the guests, and you plan on getting things autographed, I'd recommend bringing some Sharpie's, in case their pens stop working, or something like that happens.

If you're cosplaying, bring an emergency sewing/repair kit.  There's going to be a station there, but you might want to bring one of your own.

Um... anything else... lemme think...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline ocb777

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:02:21 am »
I strongly recommend bringing, $20, a water bottle, pocky and a small backpack. There are freebies when you reg (while supplies last), theres fun stuff to buy so if you don't wanna lose it the backpack is pwnership. There's plenty of restaurants nearby, but if you start to get the munchies and have a panel you HAVE to go to that pocky (or other fun themed snack) will be a lifesaver!

Basically its all been covered here, but if your going bare minimums, that's my suggestion.

Note rite aid = 3-4 blocks, "snacks and sundries" shop is like a block and a half, the quickie marts are both about 5 blocks.

Consistently cosplaying since 2008.

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:16:24 pm »
I would say bring more than 20! there is so much cool stuff to buy, I'd say bring 50 if not more! there is a lot of yummy food too^^ Hope you enjoy your first con!
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 05:13:07 pm »
I strongly advise bringing healthy, quick-to-eat food. Going out is a pain, and a lot of the places to nom are crowded.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 05:47:46 pm »
I would say bring more than 20! there is so much cool stuff to buy, I'd say bring 50 if not more! there is a lot of yummy food too^^ Hope you enjoy your first con!

Yeah! The more money you bring, the more amazing things you can get! I always find things that I didn't even know exhisted. xD

Offline Zangetsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:56:00 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the help guys, but how much should I really bring? I was thinking around $100 or so, I really want to get stuff and I don't want to penny pinch either. Should I bring more or less?
Woah!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 08:34:58 pm »
I suggest you limit what you carry in cash, keep most on the card so you dont over spend yourself :)
The Vendoir/Dealer hall has claimed many a wallet LOL!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »
Also be aware of your cash for fully protective reasons.

The conspace is generally an OK area but I would still be very aware of your wallet if you have 100+ in cash in there.

Offline Zangetsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 10:46:31 pm »
I thought about that, I've decided to tie my wallet to one of my pants belt holders, I was also thinking of just buying a chain or something like that.
Woah!

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 10:51:28 pm »
The Vendoir/Dealer hall has claimed many a wallet LOL!

Very true. xD

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 04:46:55 pm »
I think there is a formal dance sunday night, so... Formal clothes, and maybe some shorts for swimming if you like that...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:10 pm »
okay I am prepared this year :D
this is probably better for multi days at hotel but just for reference, jist of what I am bringing

Food:
granola bars chips bagals cream fruit by the foot snacks, snack sized stuff, instan ramen cups
and pretzals (cuz they have been free when I buy pop I plan on abandoning them some where) nectarines

drinks:
mountain dew
capri sun
coke 
apple juice for a friend
milk

clothes and costume
1 set of nice clothes

first aid kit and cpr mask, just got re-certified last month in both so I am great in a emergency

sewing kit with hot glue gun, double sided hem tape, needle and thread and duck tape, really duck tape is all you need

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids