Author Topic: AMV Events & Times & Locations (including creator Spotlights) // Entry Stats  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
The PDF from Programming has these events & times:

Feel free to discuss & post changes if ANYONE hears anything different or if there are updates, schedule edits, etc.

FRIDAY NIGHT: 8PM - Hotel Restaurant - AMV Editors' Dinner Meet-up.
(exact name & location within TBD after I visit the hotel one more time & make arrangements... )
Just an informal get-together and maybe a small projector w/ sound. Order off the menu & go from there.
AMV Editors (and their parents / guardians for young editors) welcome.
It's great to meet all of you, who make this event possible.

SATURDAY:

10AM - Panel 1 - Iron Chef Check-In. This is where Iron chef competitors pick up their packs, and where we reveal and explain the SECRET INGREDIENT.
(I believe we should be able to have a LOT of fun with this year's ingredients!)

3:30 PM to 7PM - MAIN EVENTS
This is IT! - the AMV Pre-show (30min) the Contest (estimated: 1hr 45min) and the Show (60min.)

Ballot counting starts after the contest and we usually have results within a few hours afterward.

11PM - 12:30AM - Panel 1 - AMV Creator Spotlight Slot #1 (Who wants to go first!?!)
This is an OFF-HOURS slot, ID required, etc, and I am holding this one open for any creator or studio who feels they need to (or intend to) focus on any sort of 18+ material. There is a 1AM panel following in that room, so there's room for a little extra overflow.

SUNDAY:

NOON - 1:30 - Workshop - AMV Creator's Panel. [SEE BELOW]

2PM - 3:30PM - Workshop - AMV Creator Spotlight Slot #2. The second slot focusing on one accomplished AMV editor or studio.
However, this slot is 'prime time daylight' and so content should remain within PG13.

9PM - 10PM - Viewing #2 - AMV Iron Chef contest.
Last years entries were a BLAST, and I look forward to even more fun surprises this year!

10PM - till Guy Collapses - Viewing #2 - Off hours AMVs followed by general fare, some contest overflows or runner-ups, and a spicier selection of this year's crop of Russian Invasions.** This is an audience-driven event, and I also dip into a set of 'Best of' directories based on audience interest.

** Hint: "Скачать" means "Download."

MONDAY:

8AM - 9:30AM - Panel 2 - AMV Contest Highlights & Overflow. Generally I begin with the category winners and other top vote-getters. (We won't know these until we will have seen the balloting) After that there can be room for works that the judges did not select, but we can throw them at the audience and see how they play. This slot also devolves into an audience-driven, call-for-'em type of show. Also a warm-up for "Murder of Raven" special AMV presentation following!

9:30AM - 11AM: Special Creator Presentation by "Murder of Raven" - Take it away!

3:30PM - 5PM Main Events - Closing Ceremonies
Category winners announced, and the AMV Contest Opener and the Best of Show winner will be shown.

TUESDAY: Start planning for the 2011 contest, of course!!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:18:48 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Now for the AMV entry stats by category.

Times do not include the contest OP (2min) or the category intros (20sec - 40sec each)
or review blocks (10-second clips of AMVs are shown for each category, to help people vote their favorites.)

This is the order of the categories and their approximate durations:

[1] Intensity: 6 Entries, 15min 7sec total

[2] Genki: 5 Entries, 12min 57sec total

[3] Jidaigeki: 3 Entries, 10min 45sec total

[4] Retro: 5 Entries, 13min 2sec total

[5] Random Amusement: 4 Entries, 16min 11 sec

[6] Trailers: 4 Entries, 9min 14sec total

[7] Effects: 6 Entries, 20min 29sec total

Since most people are NOT interested in ALL categories, this may help them plan when to duck out for a snack, hit other panels or events, & check back in for their favorites.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Next Question:

Who wants to go for Spotlight #1 & Spotlight #2 ?

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout

SUNDAY:

NOON - 1:30 - Workshop - AMV Creator's Panel. This will be a place for ANY AMV editors to introduce themselves tell up about their works, etc.
I will bring a laptop & projector & sound and you bring anything you're working on - kind of a free for all show & tell.

Wait just a minute? Who said you get to take over the panel I had to submit for?!

The PDF from Programming has these events & times:

9PM - 10PM - Viewing #2 - AMV Iron Chef contest.
Last years entries were a BLAST, and I look forward to even more fun surprises this year!

Yeah last years contest was so great! Especially when that one guy got slapped in the face! Wait a minute.....

Next Question:

I think TCL and I would like one of the spots, lemmie talk to him about it.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
Next Question:

Oh dear... I was hoping there'd be more room for spotlights... I wanted to do one but I'm certainly not very high-profile so if someone (Roll perhaps?) wants the 2nd slot, they should get it. If I had a choice though I would prefer the 2nd slot cuz I have literally no 18+ work at this point.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Quote from: somanyturtles
Quote from: Prinz Eugen
SUNDAY:

NOON - 1:30 - Workshop - AMV Creator's Panel. This will be a place for ANY AMV editors to introduce themselves tell up about their works, etc.
I will bring a laptop & projector & sound and you bring anything you're working on - kind of a free for all show & tell.

Wait just a minute? Who said you get to take over the panel I had to submit for?!

Yikes - that's yours ?!?!
(There's no mention on the PDF about who is doing what  so  - OOPS! - Mega-gomen-nasai! - EDITED!!
Other than that -  Great, go for it, and tell us what YOU want to do with that event!

Also, if you want, since I have a 3-hour block on Monday, I'd be happy to carve off 9:30AM - 11AM of that as a third presentation if there is interest.
We'd have sound & video ready to go, and a warmed-up crowd to boot!

@ murder_of_raven: do you want the Monday 9:30AM - 11AM slot in Panel 2?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:00:24 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Quote from: somanyturtles

By the way - to one and any and all: If YOU go directly to programming and ask for a time & place to do something, and they say "YES, here is your time and place for your event" then (a) I don't necessarily hear about it and so I don't always know everything that's going on or who is doing what, and (b) whatever Programming says GOES, so just tell me and I will support you any way I can.

Sorry about accidentally looking like I was stepping on your toes, SMT.

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
Lol, I was totally messing with you, I don't really think that you'd try to intentional snake something away from any of us. :P

I guess I should post something about it soon on the thread I made a few months ago.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
@ murder_of_raven: do you want the Monday 9:30AM - 11AM slot in Panel 2?

Oh man, that would be the best :3

Also, excited about SMT's panel :)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Quote from: murder_of_raven
Oh man, that would be the best :3

DONE.