Author Topic: 2010 Cuddly Cosplay  (Read 4595 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
2010 Cuddly Cosplay
« on: August 13, 2010, 04:08:52 pm »
Kon wants *YOU* 

for "Cuddly Cosplay"

Do you have a plushie that's been begging for a chance to appear on stage? A teddy bear ready to emote as Ichigo from Bleach, or perhaps My Shinigami Pony? Or a beautiful BJD to show off? or you just made something in creation station? Give it the opportunity to strut! It's a cheesy cosplay presentation just for them!
     Make an outfit for the plushie. Provide documentation if you think it would help. We will have sound (a boombox) for CDs and a "followspot" flashlight. If you forget to bring music, you may sing or the audience may provide random sound effects at their whim. 
     There will not be tech rehearsal. If you have a group, contact director and we'll think of something. Stage size will be whatever table we can confiscate in the room we get.
Rules:
Entrants must be dressed and must not be living entities; no costume is no costume and the hotel does NOT allow animals (except service animals, but they can't enter because they're "working")
Presenter must be inconspicuous (in Japan puppeteers wear all black -- Ninja costume time!!)
Time limit - 45 seconds; no stage hogging!
Further rules TBA as they occur to us.

Cuddly Cosplay will be held on MONDAY

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: 2010 Cuddly Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:12:16 pm »
Saw this last year, it was cute.  Some looked really good.  You people spend way to much time with your plushies :D

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:13:12 am »
We're doing it again! :)  Oh, BJD's are allowed - we have separate "divisions" for each type of entrant.

We also want to strongly encourage anyone who makes something in the Creation Station Dolly workshop to enter - this will give you a chance to show off what you've done.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:52:14 am »
We're doing it again! :)  Oh, BJD's are allowed - we have separate "divisions" for each type of entrant.

We also want to strongly encourage anyone who makes something in the Creation Station Dolly workshop to enter - this will give you a chance to show off what you've done.

Thanks! Those participating in our Fandom Bears panel, our ChibiSPLOSION! panel, or our new Oh, Deer! panel, will find their creations potentially worthy of parading, as well.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Hoshikage

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 12:52:26 pm »
I'll be there again! Fortunately at least my doll's costume is long since done, even if I don't manage to finish my own in time. :P

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:44:52 am »
Looking forward to seeing all the costumed plushies, BJDs and other dollies at Cuddly Cosplay. We have separate judging categories for each type of entry. If you create a doll or plushie in creation station at Kumoricon, you may enter your creation as we have a special category for ones created at the convention.  :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 12:43:09 pm »
It would be great if you have any kind of graphic or sign, that we could put up on the walls in our Project room, reminding people of that!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 12:33:26 pm »
Sounds like I'll have to make one  :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 03:34:23 pm »
:D