Author Topic: General Meeting Minutes - 2010 August 7  (Read 5420 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
General Meeting Minutes - 2010 August 7
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:23:59 pm »
Hey y'all!

Here are the minutes from the August 7 meeting.
http://www.kumoricon.org/files/minutes/kumoricon-minutes-general-20100807.pdf

Please post any corrections in this thread.  If any are made, we'll ratify the changes at the next meeting.

Thanks!
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: General Meeting Minutes - 2010 August 7
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:41:51 pm »
Given that you actually named me as someone who reads the minutes ;) ,
here is my input/feedback this time around:
(1) I'd recommend spelling out "MSO" as "Member Services Office". Folks who were not at the meeting are unlikely to surmise the meaning of the acronym, especially if it is either a new title or a new con niche.
(2) Please clarify "We may not cap weekend pre-registration." Does that mean that the Board decided to deny permission to place a cap on pre-reg's? Or does it mean that a cap was set, but we might not reach that number? Or does it mean that presently, there is a date after which pre-reg's will not be accepted, but possibly, we might eliminate that deadline? Or?
(3) "Fanfic Coordinator" would be capitalized.
(4) You have: "Art contests will occur during con, and it will be posted...". I'd replace "it" with "submissions".
(5) In the paragraph beginning "Ellen announced":
(A) "Creation Station" would be capitalized.
(B) Please, let's not use the word "signups". It is the practice of having sign-up sheets outside the CS that Jaki asked us to eliminate. More in a moment....
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: General Meeting Minutes - 2010 August 7
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:02:03 pm »
(C) We will not always be able to let folks in for actual seating a half-hour in advance; some panels for which people might arrive early might be immediately preceeded by other activities for which the room is already full. So we need to change that wording, please, as well.
Please substitute the following, to more clearly convey to readers the changes about which I reported (I do believe I stated all of the following):
"Ellen announced slight changes to how Creation Station will run this year. There will no longer be advanced sign-up for CS Fan Craft panels (nor for any other panels which may fill up). Instead, panels will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendees are not to arrive more than 30 minutes before a panel, to wait in line; please do not interrupt the prior panel while waiting. No Creation Station events are ticketed. Our Copic markers and other art supplies will primarily only be available during times listed on the schedule as "Open" ("Open Art", "Open Beta," "Open Writing", "Open Critique") and times listed on the schedule as designated for working on our Art Contests."

Thank you!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).