Author Topic: 2010 August 7 General Meeting and Training - Staff Registration DEADLINE  (Read 19790 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Our next general meeting will be held Saturday, August 7, at 1:00pm at the Portland Downtown Hilton in the Salon Ballroom:

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
921 SW 6th Ave
Portland, OR 97204

Google Maps

The Salon Ballroom is in the Executive Tower, which is on the northeast corner of the 6th and Taylor intersection.  (The address and address-based maps point to the Main Tower, which is kitty-corner from the Executive Tower.)

THIS MEETING IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY TO REGISTER AS STAFF.  Following the meeting, there will be brief training sessions.  

General meetings are open to the public. Meet and plan with other staff, join staff or become a volunteer, and learn about open staff positions.  Bring interested friends!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:13:28 pm by kjayers »
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
I will be there :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
I will be there :D

Excellent. If I for any reason (cat or car related or other) am not there, you could be the one to meet Alena, if she makes it, & maybe take notes, & accept any fanfics or manga anyone might bring for the contest (at least if Kate isn't there). :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
Crud monkeys! I don't know if I'll be able to make it...Can I have a friend who's going take notes for me? She's Art show Coordinator while I am Art show staff so....
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline katzen0466

• Oni
I'll be late due to a work conflict, but I'll be there. As of August 7th, now I can't make it. But I'll be there on the 22nd.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:30:29 pm by katzen0466 »

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
i will be there because i missed almost all of the meetings due to no internet.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
I will be there!  As will Cassie Dodd, Kelli McCarly, and Chauna Rochette (who will be registering as staff)!  We'll possibly be late, since we'll be heading there immediately after our club's meeting.  However, how often do the Kumoricon meetings start on time, right?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
I will be there!  As will Cassie Dodd, Kelli McCarly, and Chauna Rochette (who will be registering as staff)!  We'll possibly be late, since we'll be heading there immediately after our club's meeting.  However, how often do the Kumoricon meetings start on time, right?

Actually they have tended to start reasonably on time, recently. You never really know in advance if you can arrive late safely or not. :)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Anyone able to offer a ride from Vancouver, WA to the meeting & back?
A new Creation Station fanfic panelist and room watcher, Alena Piersall, needs a ride so that she can be there to meet Jaki & register as CS staff by the deadline.
Aaron? Could you or any of your Clark College crew give Alena a ride?
Who else is from Vancouver, WA?
Jeff, would you be able to pick Alena up as you drive through on your way from Seattle?
Either Alena or I could tip a little gas money towards whomever helps her get to & from the meeting.

Alternatively, if there is no one who can give her a ride, but a group of folks commuting by bus, maybe you could let her hook up with you so she doesn't ride in alone?

Please let us know!
Thanks!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Besieged.Infection

• Cabbit
    • Infection's Notebook
Hi, guys. This is Alena. (The one mentioned above.)
If someone could get me a ride from Vancouver, WA to and from the meeting that would be great. I can pitch in up to $7 for gas (that's the max I can offer, sadly.) Also- I can walk to the following locations in Vancouver to meet up.

1. The 2-story library that's about to be torn down.
2. Clark College - Gaiser (sp?) Hall.
3. Marshall's Center.
Sakuracon '13: 19th Century Xion (Kingdom Hearts), 18th Century-Style Humanoid Tonberry (Final Fantasy VII), Lilith (Blood Jew'l), and (Female?) Kyouya O. (Ouran.)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2010 August 7 General Meeting and Training - Staff Registration DEADLINE
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »
Awesome, thanks for posting the specifics, Alena; that should help!

Hey, Aaron, since you said folks will be coming right from the Clark College Anime Club meeting, maybe Alena could even go to your club meeting & then catch a ride from there or commute by bus with y'all from there?
Alena, can you scroll up to Washougal_Otaku's message, check it out, & PM him? He's a great guy & has even won a prize or two in Creation Station's fanfic contest before!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:51:11 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:02 pm »

Actually they have tended to start reasonably on time, recently. You never really know in advance if you can arrive late safely or not. :)

Really?  Well, that's great!  It's about time!  Well then, we might be coming in late ourselves; in fact, that'll be almost a guarantee, since CMAC has some very important things to talk about.

As for you, Alena; I just got off the phone with Cassie, the one driving us down there.  I didn't list her brother as being someone who'd come along with, too.  We're also going to double-check with Kelli to see if she's coming, as well.  I'll most likely know more tomorrow.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 09:59:13 pm »
Thanks, Aaron *glomp*

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 10:30:44 am »
Okay, I just got things sorted out.  Kelli isn't going, so Alena, we can take you.  You can come to our meeting, if you want.  It starts at 12, and we're located in Hanna Hall 121.  We'll be leaving as soon as we're done.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 12:31:04 pm »
Okay, I just got things sorted out.  Kelli isn't going, so Alena, we can take you.  You can come to our meeting, if you want.  It starts at 12, and we're located in Hanna Hall 121.  We'll be leaving as soon as we're done.

Yay! You rule. My ability to get any sleep at this con can now be saved......I owe you big time

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »
I'll accept donations in the form of cookies.  ;D

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 07:18:40 pm »
Since this is a rare Saturday meeting I will attend and bring up my big subject as well- so everybody get ready!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »
Is it those DELETED?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:45:32 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 08:43:54 pm »
SHHH- don't ruin it for the general populace.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 10:45:53 pm »
There you go.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 12:12:33 am »
Turns out I can come but, my ride is going to be somewhere else ^^;
Would anyone coming from Vancouver happen to have enough room in their car for 2 maybe 3 people?
I've got a person who wants to staff for the first time and another who is already staff and myself who would like to be there.

Offline Besieged.Infection

• Cabbit
    • Infection's Notebook
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 12:10:58 pm »

*HUG* THANK YOU!!! <3
Sakuracon '13: 19th Century Xion (Kingdom Hearts), 18th Century-Style Humanoid Tonberry (Final Fantasy VII), Lilith (Blood Jew'l), and (Female?) Kyouya O. (Ouran.)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 03:33:17 pm »
You're welcome!

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 07:50:32 am »
Anyone Know if they are validating parking?
=^_^=

Offline countbeavertron

• Oni
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 09:01:02 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks again to all the lovely people who helped me get my reg fee together today! ^^;

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 09:04:01 pm »
That was an inspiring moment.
i had a really fun & productive time at this meeting. Thanks, everyone.
Aaron: Remind me before the meeting at the 22nd, if you'll be there.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 01:00:12 pm »
Will do!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »
Anyone Know if they are validating parking?

Darn good question, actually - and still pertinent, since we're having the last meeting there as well.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 09:36:47 pm »
I paid $6 to park on the prior block by McD's & Subway

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 09:55:44 pm »
Protip: of you park in PSU structure 3, the rate is only $2/hour or $9 for the day, the other structures are $3 and $11, respectively. Saturdays are $5 for the day (all structures) and Sundays are free (all structures). The downside to this is that it is a little bit of a walk. But it does save you money. (And you can ride the MAX green line down the hill).

You can also park for free at Lloyd Center and ride the MAX downtown, which drops you off a block from the hotel.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 11:24:22 pm »
Isn't the parking at the Rose Quarter free, too?

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 06:13:30 pm »
It depends on the lot, I think. Some of them over there do charge. But the lot by the park in front of Lloyd Center is free, and Lloyd Center parking itself is free.

Offline Sakurakisser

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 12:48:14 am »
HEY EVERYONE. I have a huge question to anyone, I already registered as a staff a few months back and than i got sidetracked and busy with work and issues with life yadda yadda, BUT i haven't paid that staff fee yet! omg. So, I need someone to give me the 411 on if I am still a staffee and where do I go about paying for its soon. I know I can pay for it this upcoming paycheck..  I greatly appreciate any info!

- Regina
"Be what you would seem to be or, if you'd like it put more simply. Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared"

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 07:14:12 am »
HEY EVERYONE. I have a huge question to anyone, I already registered as a staff a few months back and than i got sidetracked and busy with work and issues with life yadda yadda, BUT i haven't paid that staff fee yet! omg. So, I need someone to give me the 411 on if I am still a staffee and where do I go about paying for its soon. I know I can pay for it this upcoming paycheck..  I greatly appreciate any info!

- Regina

Oh no!  Registration is officially closed, and unless your registration form was ratified, you actually weren't registered.  Payment is required before ratification can happen.  You can still help!  Maybe even in the same job at the Director's discretion.

In particularly extenuating circumstances, an exception might be made.  But I wouldn't hold out much hope unless you've been doing the job and in the loop and everything else except for actually holding Membership in Altonimbus Entertainment.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 01:22:50 pm »
Does that mean you have to pay the full price? My friend was in Idaho until recently and couldn't pay the fee. The only way she can afford to come is if the $10 staff fee is still open. I tried emailing the question to you guys at an earlier date but, got no reply.

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 07:08:50 pm »
Does that mean you have to pay the full price? My friend was in Idaho until recently and couldn't pay the fee. The only way she can afford to come is if the $10 staff fee is still open. I tried emailing the question to you guys at an earlier date but, got no reply.

I'm not sure who "you guys" are, but I'm sorry I didn't see it.  

Yes, persons coming to convention who are not members of Altonimbus Entertainment (commonly referred to as "staff" out of respect for the work done in producing the event Kumoricon) must register (buy membership in the event), even if volunteering.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary