Author Topic: DJs at this years dance?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
DJs at this years dance?
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:34:08 pm »
Does anybody know whose going to be DJ-ing this years dances?

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Re: DJs at this years dance?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:13:28 pm »
I know a few DJ's have been secured. I will start talking to the Programming staff and getting the information for announcing these as soon as possible.

I'm glad you are excited about the dances though!

-also as an edit to a previous comment I made; it appears possible that there *might* be a band at the
convention after all!! YAY!

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »
I know a few DJ's have been secured. I will start talking to the Programming staff and getting the information for announcing these as soon as possible.

I'm glad you are excited about the dances though!

-also as an edit to a previous comment I made; it appears possible that there *might* be a band at the
convention after all!! YAY!

-Ally
cool thanks for the info  ^_^ I wanted to know what style their going to be playing, so I can be dressed right XD lol hardcore girl here.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »
I will certainly double check and get you the info on the DJ's history so you can dress to impress!
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline CMD Productions

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:03:47 am »
From what I understand Saturday's dance will be the faster "rave" style with much Happy Hardcore on the turntables.  Pete with Disco Warp Records is organizing that event. 

I'll be playing on the first part of Sunday night.  Here's the blurb I sent to Jackie for Sunday.

DJ DiscoSnake & The Electric Jungle Pig return to Kumoricon for another triumphant year at the tables. Creeping out from under the main events tech booth and hitting the main stage we’ll mix together anime soundtracks, game music, electronica, techno, house, and internet mimes, with a sprinkling of hip hop, top 40, and a liberal dose of danceable tracks we’ve collected over the years.   DJ DiscoSnake and the Electric Jungle Pig are on loan from CMD Productions a local lighting and sound company that has been with Kumoicon since year one.  Got a track you’re dying to dance to? We’ll have a request thread in the K-con forums and request sheets at the front of the stage and we try to flood the dance floor with crowd pleasers.  Ready yourself for the DJ DiscoSnake and the Electric Jungle Pig Experience.

I'll pretty much play anything danceable although I generally prefer things in 4/4 time between 90-145 bpm for ease of mixing.   I should be playing on Sunday right after the Formal Ball from about 10-1 but schedules are subject to change depending on how programming is booked. Hope this helps.

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 05:13:35 pm »
I know Jimni Cricket is going to be there.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 06:34:37 pm »
Saturday night dance lineup just announced in this thread:
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13436.0

And Official Pre-Party Line-up, Friday the 3rd @ Ground Kontrol, Free, 21+
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13437.0

Cheers,
Pete :)