Author Topic: How to act around a fur Suit. [EDIT]  (Read 2335 times)

Offline UnderTaker

• Cabbit
How to act around a fur Suit. [EDIT]
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »
EDIT: We will no longer be brining Kyubbi. After seeing video of the con, we thought he would be just too big to bring. And to bring on a plane is a nightmare within itself. I hope we do not dissapoint anyone, but Kyubbi will be at Sakura-con 2011.

How to act with a Fur Suit

This is not intended to offend anyone, only educate a few people who have never seen a costume like that.

Again, I am NOT out to offend anyone. Only asking some respect of a costume.

They don't have a lot of vision within the suit, so it's better if you move, instead of having them move. Sometimes, they can't. Please be kind, and schooch over.

I know a fur suit looks SUPER COOL, but you must remember there IS a person in it.

When a fur suiter needs to get out/rest from the costume, please be curtious and don't ask for pictures at that time. They may be over heating and need a break. Think about having 4 large jackets on, and a huge mask on. That's what it feels like.

When touching a fur suit, be careful. Don't pull on ears, tails, or face. Pet gently, as the costume can break.

If the suiter asks you not to do something, like attempting to get a ride, or touching a part of the costume, respect there wishes, and don't.

Most suiters have a handler, a person who follows them, and takes care of them. Respect them as well, if they ask you not to do something. They have to be the voice of the suiter, when the suiter cannot see/ask.

Suiters LOVE pictures! You can take as many as you like!

It's hard to hear in the costumes. They are not ignoring you, they just can't hear you. They have fans, foam, and fur blocking the ears, along with the sound of the con.

If you have drinks, food, or paint on your hands, please do not touch the suit. It's nearly impossible to get that kind of things out of fur.

Do not sneak jump onto a fur suiter.  You can ask to get a picture on the suiter. They may decline, but don't be upset if they do.

The costume is that. A costume, not a ride.

Thank you for reading. I know many know how to act around costumes such as this, but as I stated, some get over excited, and I don't want my sister's suit getting destroyed or the cosplayer hurt inside the costume.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:53:30 pm by UnderTaker »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: How to act around a Quad Suit.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:43:54 pm »
If I understand correctly that someone is planning on wearing that suit to Kumoricon, then I am concerned as to whether or not it would even fit into our hotel.  Sakuracon is at a convention center, which is a little different.  Please email Hotel@ about this.  

[edit]

Ok, from the picture I thought it was much bigger than it looked in the video.  Still, keep in mind you can't have a mask in the lobby and there might be other considerations.  It might still be good for you to talk to our hotel person :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:57:16 pm by Rathany »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:18:46 pm »
I saw the suit at Sakuracon! It was awesome! It was funny when Black*Star was riding it XD To bad staff came over and said for him to get off. I'll respect the Quad suit!! I will ask for pets! XD
Symbol of Resistance

Offline UnderTaker

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 02:02:05 am »
I saw the suit at Sakuracon! It was awesome! It was funny when Black*Star was riding it XD To bad staff came over and said for him to get off. I'll respect the Quad suit!! I will ask for pets! XD

-Was that Black*Star- XDD

I'm glad you enjoyed that~ <333

Thank you for understanding. We almost had Kyubbi pushed into the waterfall this year D'x so..I just don't want that to happen again.

Offline EasilyAmewsed

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 05:32:47 pm »
HEAR HEAR!   I believe these courtesies should extend to ALL MASCOT -STYLE cosplayers as well.
The most common danger we have found is surprise glomping. This can cause injury to a mascot/quad suiter even if there is a handler to help, cause we might just be looking the other way at that critical moment. <:)
Thanks for posting this.
Shelley

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 11:09:11 pm »
Awesome costume, looks like so much fun to be in.  I wantz one, only I would want to make it huge, cuz.. you know.... he is HUGE.  I wonder about having a 2 person costume, with some kind of thing in in the back to flail all the tails.

Offline Develynia

• Cabbit
    • Deviant Art Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:41:13 pm »
Omg, I wish I could have seen this at Sakuracon! XD I can't wait to see this at K-con!
"Most good judgement comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgement."