Author Topic: Mother Nature Interruptions? (Girls Only Material)  (Read 33136 times)

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
Re: Mother Nature Interruptions? (Girls Only Material)
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2010, 01:35:14 am »
I was getting so freaked out that the dreaded Red Ninja was going to appear during the con... BUT THANK GOD...

...I had mine last week x3
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2010, 08:48:45 am »
Im rather worried im gonna start mine soon..i dont think i will at con but still i did the last two kumoricon's ive been too so i worry..(plus i skiped it last mouth o.o)..It made it kindof amusing at con since i was crossplaying though. XD but the pain and very bad moods i get arnt fun at all..Im bringing pads just in case ^^
im glad im not the only one thats freaked out by tampons >.>;
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline krizzygirl206

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com!
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2010, 09:43:04 am »
I was all worried it would start over the weekend... (and for the past two years it hasn't been even close to the con weekend) but over time, the week changes and this week was my week...

... and I was all, "Noooooo. You better start early this week so it'll be over." But no. It started two days ago. So I get to have the painters in while I'm running around as Gunner Yuna, Draco and Tomo. (I'm mostly worried about Yuna!) And also, that means I have to bring stuff with me. And I wanted to avoid carrying a purse. (cries a little)

But I'll get over it. It's better it happens now and not randomly during the con...

@ lychee-twist: OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOU. If I run out, I will for sure stop by. You are my new hero!
Kumoricon '11: undecided!

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2010, 01:45:42 pm »
One of the reasons to always sew pockets in discrete places on your costume!  
And in a pinch, safety pins are a decent alternative.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:50:27 pm by Kurohime »

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2010, 06:06:03 pm »
I gotta say, I an SO relieved. I use the pills, and I forgot to adjust so I wouldn't have it during con......but guess what? the evil red ninja stopped attacking me yesterday! ;D
 I'm wondering whether the stress of con coming up brought it on early, despite the pills?   ???
I didn't even know that was possible  :o
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »
I kept stuff at my table, and no one used it! I guess that's a good thing. I hope you guys did all right!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:23 am »
8D I think this thread reminded people to bring some stuff, or run to the rite aid and get their "stuff".
XD I went and talked to you about it though! 8D
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:59 am »
I brought a bunch of stuff thinking it would start sometime at Kumoricon.
It actually came today. SO.LUCKY.

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »
Periodcon was quite fun.
Except Day 0 WAS ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE. The rest of con was fine, I nearly forgot that I had it.
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:15 pm »
8D I think this thread reminded people to bring some stuff, or run to the rite aid and get their "stuff".

Yeah! I remember that totally. Haha. I apologize again for being such a stickler about grammar.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2010, 07:50:38 am »

Yeah! I remember that totally. Haha. I apologize again for being such a stickler about grammar.
Its totally fine! :) I still love you!
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:21 am »
I know I'm technically "necro-ing" this thread, but I have some valuable advice to keep the red ninja's cramp jutsu at bay.  Does everyone here know what I'm talking about when I say dance stretches?  You sit down, spread your legs out as far as possible to either side, and try to connect your ear to one knee at a time. Then you try to connect your nose to the floor in front of you.

Obviously you should do these BEFORE you even don your cosplay, and I find that doing this in the mornings and evenings minimalizes the pain on either side of my crotch.

You know what? While I'm at it, let's get these 'embarrassing' words out in the open.  Menstrual blood.  Menstruating.  Vagina.
SHEDDING THE LINING OF YOUR UTERUS BUAHAHA!
These are not bad words, girls!
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:59 am »
I got the shot a couple of weeks ago so i'm all good! *thumbs up*

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2011, 09:10:02 am »
Yeah and I preggers so not a problem, tho I want to be better to have a few things on hand just in case someone happens to need one.  I failed at that last year.

It doesn't hurt to have some liners in your first aid for emergency deep cuts
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2011, 09:14:28 am »

It doesn't hurt to have some liners in your first aid for emergency deep cuts

My doctor actually told me to bring some liners just in case ^^;

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2011, 09:22:57 am »
One time I got on ankle sliced, and my mom put on on it, for the ride to the ER.

As random as this sounds,  my wilderness survival teacher said if lost in the woods to use them while trying to make a fire as they are really dense cotton and flammable.

I do admit I like things that can have more then one use.

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:11 pm »
Every FAH-REAKIN' CON I GO TO. Because my two regular conventions are Sak and Kumo, at the beginning of the month usually which is always when it comes. Unfortunately I was staffing at Sak(And will be at Kumo), so I can't just run off to the bathroom whenever I need to. I need to tell people I'm leaving and wait for someone to relieve me.

I keep thinking that if I hang out with other girls more often, the timing will change, because it's weird and when girls hang out long enough together their periods synchronize. But yesterday I learned that my female friends in Eugene all have it at the beginning of the month too. T____T I'm doomed.

I'm going to start sewing secret pockets into my cosplays. I've never thought of that... :D
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2011, 01:05:07 pm »
For the first time in like 3 years, it won't happen to this K-con. I'm so happy! Finally I don't have to worry too much about it this year. But I still like to be prepared, just in case.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2011, 02:25:12 pm »
Oh man. DX I did the math and mine's supposed to start on Day 0. I've managed to dodge it all other years but not this time apparently.  Let just hope that some kind of magic intervenes and I can hold it off until after the con.

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »
I might actually get lucky this con. I just noticed it should actually start the last day or the day after Kumo. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the latter, but I'm coming prepared.
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
Arrrghh. My back hurts right now. Uterus, stop tantrum about not being pregnant and leave me aloooone.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:22 pm »
Arrrghh. My back hurts right now. Uterus, stop tantrum about not being pregnant and leave me aloooone.

If it makes you feel better while pregger you have a whole set of new pains, ligament pains are like getting punch in the ab right in the middle of your worst cramp imaginable

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2011, 06:52:12 pm »

If it makes you feel better while pregger you have a whole set of new pains, ligament pains are like getting punch in the ab right in the middle of your worst cramp imaginable

Thinking about how bad my cramps are already, that makes me scared to get pregnant someday... O___O
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2011, 06:52:37 pm »
Im really really hoping i can dodge it this year also. At least one of my cosplays has a skirt and I feel very uncomfortable wearing a skirt while bleeding. >///< I cant be the only one..right?
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »
I don't PMS too bad, thank god, so my cramps (when I have them which isn't often) aren't too bad.

I just wear pads, although I really do hate having periods at cons.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2011, 08:08:36 pm »
Mine usually comes late in the month, so it should be in about a week or two and I should be clear for Kumoricon. I hope I am, at least, since both of my cosplays have a lot of white. I had it at Sakuracon this year, in a mostly-white, non-bathroom-friendly cosplay. That was nerve-wracking.

I occasionally get cramps, but it's not that often and I usually just stick it out. I don't like taking medication unless I absolutely have to, so I just lie down for a bit. I usually get really intense pain for about fifteen minutes, and then several hours of feeling fine, and then the cycle repeats itself. It doesn't happen often though, only three times in the last two years.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2011, 08:13:05 pm »

Thinking about how bad my cramps are already, that makes me scared to get pregnant someday... O___O

I know one thing that makes it harder is when I am in pain I take ibuprofen, just works better for me.  
But you can't take it when pregnant.
Tylenol is what you can take but it just doesn't help as much for muscle pain (in my opinion)
It is really weird not knowing when I will get my next one will be, after baby you have like a 10 day period and then depending if you breast feed or not, can go with out one for up to 6 months.  
There really are a lot of not well know things about being pregnant.  Like needing to pee all the time, starts even before your tummy gets big.  yay...:P

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »
I only have 4 a year, haha....lol The pill is great. :D The only con I have to think about when it comes to my period is Sakura con as it depends on which weekend it's on. I've only been on once and it happened when I was waiting in line for a concert so I went to the BR and put a tampon in and bam I was back to waiting in line and then had fun at the concert. Mine didn't bug me that year, tampons are magical. <3
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:07:41 pm by shikyo »

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2011, 09:43:18 pm »
I was lucky last year not to have my period during the con. And I was surprised since normally when I'm excited for something like Kumoricon, it starts up and I'm like:
"FUUUUUUU MOTHER NATURE I'MA GONNA KILL JOOOOOO". (And last year it was funny that my friend started hers on Day 0, then my other friend started hers about an hour later, THEN my sister started hers seriously right after that. They all looked at me waiting for mine to start, and it never did. >:3)

For me, my troubles are these: VERY heavy bleeding, and I experience really bad cramps to the point I'm in tears, and I take pain relievers too. It still doesn't do much to ease them. I'm not really moody during my monthly, but I'm normally exhausted and just want to hide in my room til it's all over. =/ So I REALLY hope mine doesn't start during the con this year, and if it does, it will suck. But luckily, I'm in a simple cosplay this year. =D

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »
I'm lucky in the fact that mine usually understands when important events are and tends to avoid them. I went on a trip to Japan and stayed there for like 2 and a half weeks and got mine on the day we were leaving XD I also have very light cramps but I do get really lazy and tired.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2011, 09:52:26 pm »
^You are quite lucky, my friend. But yet again, my whole body is off, including my cycle. I will seriously have 2 periods in one month, and I skip one the next month. I have seen a doctor for my problems, and they say they'll put me on the pill (which I'm nervous about slightly cause I've heard sooooo many bad things about it).

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2011, 10:14:41 pm »
^You are quite lucky, my friend.

^^; tell me about it. Even if mine does decide to go against me this year, it won't be that bad because my cosplays are fairly normal clothes and no white.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:28 pm »
^You are quite lucky, my friend. But yet again, my whole body is off, including my cycle. I will seriously have 2 periods in one month, and I skip one the next month. I have seen a doctor for my problems, and they say they'll put me on the pill (which I'm nervous about slightly cause I've heard sooooo many bad things about it).

I went on the pill at the start of the year for cramps and I haven't had any bad side effects. I had a couple pimples the first couple months but they cleared up when my body got use to it. I was nervous too but I have to say it was probably the best thing I've done. I don't have any cramps anymore (which before were basically taking me out of commission for 2 days a month and growing in the number of days) and I can time when I'm ganna get my period down to the hour so I don't have to worry mother nature's sneak attacks >.> She has some warped sense of fun.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2011, 10:45:01 pm »
Hi gals!
I would like to start off by saying I did NOT read all 13 pages of this topic b/c I'm lazy and should be in bed cause I have work in the AM, but I decided to troll the forums. So if I repeat anything, sorry  :-\

This is only my 3d year of k-con, but last yr I got my RIGHT b4 it started (sucks for me cause I have a 12 hour drive to get there). Mine (like a lot/most ppl) are super painful. When I was in middle school I would have to take 1 day a month off school to stay home and writhe in pain. I've gotten in more under control since then. I find that pain killers help, but what helps the most is therma-care for menstrual cramp relief. There were rumors that it was going to be taken off the market, but I stocked up so can't confirm/deny it.
As far as cosplay goes, I cosplay as Soi Fong (hence the name  ;D) and you wouldn't think it would be too hard to get in/out of, but it is a bit.... complicated. I wear pads personally, and so I just make sure to have an extra one in the bag that we carry with us, to change when I need to. I make sure to hit up the bathroom a little sooner than necessary because you never know how long the line will be.

We all know it's an inconvenience to have this problem during k-con, and I'd probably say about 1/3-1/2 of the girls at the con are going thro the exact same thing you are. Just try not to let it influence your trip too much. (ps- this is why I've never considered getting a white cosplay outfit)
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »
I went on the pill at the start of the year for cramps and I haven't had any bad side effects. I had a couple pimples the first couple months but they cleared up when my body got use to it. I was nervous too but I have to say it was probably the best thing I've done. I don't have any cramps anymore (which before were basically taking me out of commission for 2 days a month and growing in the number of days) and I can time when I'm ganna get my period down to the hour so I don't have to worry mother nature's sneak attacks >.> She has some warped sense of fun.

That sounds pretty good! I heard it makes you crazy, at times, if on high doses of it. And yes, mother nature has a VERY warped sense of fun.... -___-

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2011, 01:25:23 am »
I don't know if I've posted here before or not but I'll just add my two cents in. (:
I personally have a really heavy period and have cramps the day before and the first day of my period. To prevent some pretty bad pain I just take three ibuprofen, and am done with pain for the most part for the rest of my period. I avoid cold drinks, and if I know I'll be drinking anything cold, I'll take some more medicine. So if any of you girls have that problem, just pack your medicine, and maybe some tea to drink at the hotel or wherever you're staying.
Bring plenty of pads and or tampons, panty liners never hurt, either! Even if you start your period or just have your period during the con, don't let it get you down! So long as you as are having fun, you won't notice you're on your period!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »
AS CHAN!!!

And yes... it has. It just sucks because up to 48 hours before... I get the whole PMS thing and grouchy and in the fetal postion in bed... and generally none of the pain killers works; unless you consider me being knocked out by them. That was the Kumoricon at the Doubletree. It made me cry... alot...

--freaked ya out, didn't I?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:08 pm »
Normally when i am on Mine I wear black panties and black shorts. it helps me alot and dosent show. when wearing short skirts.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2011, 04:21:35 pm »
I am soo glad It won't be hre during the convention D;
I had it happen once but that was wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2011, 04:30:51 pm »
its happen to me a few times at cons. and i get cramps pretty bad but normally i bring a heating pad with me and strong pain med and normally before i go out i take a hot bath ^^

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »
I'll keep some tampons and things at my table in artist alley if anyone would like me to. I did last year, and no one took me up on the offer, but I was there! A soldier bearing cotton and absorbency!

I love, love, love my birth control because of the obvious thing of not being pregnant (I don't find the idea attractive at all at the moment) but also because I've got my period down to the day it will happen. It's awesome to be that regular. Given I have my period every month by choice, it's just fun to be sexually active and still have my body go "Congratulations! You're childless! Brain, you celebrate while the ovaries and I will go over here and kick the **** out of my back and guts with self-pity in the meantime. Hooray!".

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2011, 07:25:35 pm »
I'll keep some tampons and things at my table in artist alley if anyone would like me to. I did last year, and no one took me up on the offer, but I was there! A soldier bearing cotton and absorbency!

I love, love, love my birth control because of the obvious thing of not being pregnant (I don't find the idea attractive at all at the moment) but also because I've got my period down to the day it will happen. It's awesome to be that regular. Given I have my period every month by choice, it's just fun to be sexually active and still have my body go "Congratulations! You're childless! Brain, you celebrate while the ovaries and I will go over here and kick the **** out of my back and guts with self-pity in the meantime. Hooray!".

rember Tampons work for nose bleed >D

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »
Luckily my nose bleeds seldomly, and when it does, it would require only a panty liner and not an actual tampon ;) There ain't no way I'm shoving a panty liner up there.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »
You guys are all making me quite happy I always have chocolate and milk stocked up, and consume a large amount of milk every day. That and I don't get cramps. I always get achey knees and joints. I'll only ever get cramps if I don't take ibeprophen (1-3) right when it kicks in, and if I've been lax on my in-take of milk.

I've only been bothered once so far at con with my period, but I do always pack liners, over-night and daily pads just in case.

I'm usually pretty lucky that my period ends right before con, or starts right afterwards. It wasn't fun once when it started right after I got off a plane though from my first convention >.<

By the way. I heard midol works better than ibeprophen for general pain and fatigue? I've only have tried it once before, so I'd like to hear what others think?
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2011, 07:00:28 pm »
Midol is basically acetaminophen with caffeine in it, if I remember right. That's basically just Tylenol and caffeine. No, seriously. Caffeine. Caffeine is great for making people have to poop and go to the bathroom so not only does it help a bit with headaches, it will help with fatigue and bloating. I think there might be ibuprofen in it, but I don't remember all that well.

Really it's just a pill that's slightly fancy with no real "BANG. We have this and no one else does!" bit. I never bought it, and my mom only did once when she told me about it. She's a registered RN so she's quite familiar with the benefits of hot coffee and a good poop in the morning. As my aunt says (the head nurse at Meridian Park hospital when she's on shift) "There's nothing better than a BM in the AM".

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »
 midol also has a diuretic in it,
diuretic help get excess water out of you system, they put it in midol to help with the bloating, but getting rid of extra water.

Tho (this may sound simple) I tend to think if being on your period makes your body have extra water in it, maybe your body needs it that way?

But yeah that why women can have trouble fitting into clothes that time of the month.

I just would wear clothes that were comfy if I could or a skirt

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2011, 11:54:35 pm »
So I might be in the clear this year. XP
My period has been acting up a lot lately with being late and off track A LOT but so far everything is looking in the clear.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2011, 04:25:00 pm »
FFFFUUUUUU IT CAME EARLY. By a whole week. D:
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2011, 04:27:00 pm »
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU i can feel my period coming. D:< this is going to suck having to wear my Heather skirt while on my period. all my other cosplays will be fine. ....but that skirt.... DX *dies*

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »
I'm just glad I'm on birth control cause mine were really messed up.  Now I can tweek my doseage (not ofter) by a couple of days if there is something important coming up.  Luckily for me this year I still have a week before I get mine.  Ahhhh better living through chemicals. 

Last year I had a horrible one and I couldn't even stand to stay in my cosplay so I got into street clothes and hit the closest bathroom every hour.