Author Topic: Mother Nature Interruptions? (Girls Only Material)  (Read 33149 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Re: Mother Nature Interruptions? (Girls Only Material)
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2010, 08:04:37 am »
Hehe, my stress levels are always through the roof! ^^
Even on my lazy days...
I took a stress test for my health class last year and I wasn't feeling very stressed and I scored over 500. >.>; My life just revolves around me being stressed. A lot my periods come late because of it and the pain is another factor. When I get stressed my body gets really weak, fragile, and sickly.

Every day now I've been waking up feeling sick cause I'm stressed to get my cosplays done...

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2010, 08:10:04 am »
I have really odd hormones because of medication I was on as a baby so I just got put back on a different BC than what I had been using previously for hormone levels....

THE GOOD NEWS IS I WON'T START DURING KUMORICON. Yaaay.

Also: This part kinda sucks but last summer I worked on weight loss a ton and was not on the pills for about six months and started back on them and three months later there went all my progress. Bawww. : /
I miss 2010.

Offline Saberchan

• Cabbit
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2010, 08:22:59 am »
Ugh...Looks like Aunt Flo may make an unwelcome visit at Kumoricon... >:( Hoping she doesn't decide to come early...sometimes during my period I get so fatigued, I just want to sleep...plus all that pain that just won't go away...and yeah...sometimes the pain is so bad, I get nauseous, and sometimes throw up...I'm writhing on the floor in agony, where the slightest move hurts like he!! Like being stabbed...

Yuck...I've been forced to go to work during one of my sickly times...I sometimes find myself sleeping at work!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:30 am »

That sucks. That really sucks. I hope things are much better now.

oh yes, and thanks for asking :) I went on the the pill and my stress in much more managable now but then dun dun dun!

Also: This part kinda sucks but last summer I worked on weight loss a ton and was not on the pills for about six months and started back on them and three months later there went all my progress. Bawww. : /
Yeah this happened to me too it is full of fail I do feel like I can't loose weight while on them.  Docters will say mild weight gain is normal at the start but really every one reacts differently
I am planning on going off them in a few months so I can get in shape and I really want to loose a few pounds esp for my super secret plans for next year <<...>>...<< more on that later
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2010, 09:30:08 am »
Ugh speaking of stress, weight loss, and periods. Does anyone else finally get all gunghoe and into the workout game only to be foiled by a particularly long pain and stress filled period?! Cause I totally get that! I will do so well and lose a nice amount of weight only to be hit with a 5-7 day long period and just cramps and the urge to vomit or expel what little food my body has managed to process in a total flush of my system.  :P I always feel so weak coming out of it that I just can't get right back on track and end up losing my beautiful progress. As it is I am pretty sure my period won't be starting till a few days after con so I can be all crampy and con-sick!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2010, 09:47:19 am »
Hurrhurrr. Stress sucks, man.
I have grey hair because of it. And I'm only 13. D:
Usually when I'm on mine, I'm not moody, but a few days before it hits, I'm just a big nag.
Sometimes I get major cramps, usualyl when I'm walking around, I don't have them as bad as when I'm sitting down.

Offline Saberchan

• Cabbit
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2010, 12:51:32 pm »
Ugh...I remember when I lived with my parents, my mom always nagged me to get up and do my chores...even if my cramps were killing me! X_X  Moving around does NOT help you feel better!!

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2010, 07:21:08 pm »
Yeah, I don't move much at that time of the month either.  I HAVE to get off my feet.  I don't get the infamous bitchiness, but I do want to be left alone and physically inactive.  And unfortunately none of the natural remedies have worked for me in the least- cutting out caffeine helps keep them light, but nothing helps the pain.  And am I the only one that, instead of late periods, gets them sooner under stress? 

For the girls that feel like vomiting at that time... have you tried switching pain medication?  I used to feel like vomiting when I took Tylenol regularly (and did once).  Pain meds tend to irritate your stomach.  Also talk to your doctor to make sure you don't have something more serious going on. 

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:12 pm »
That's a good point. Ibuprofen, the main ingredient in Advil, is really, really hard on your stomach if you take too much of it (no more than 12 a day)

If you take more than two Aleve a day, that is a very bad idea and is going to make you prone to ulcers. Aleve is the Falcon Punch of medication.

I got an advil pill stuck to the side of my esophagus, and whoo boy did that burn a nice little sore on my throat. Not nearly as bad as getting one of those awful Accutane pills stuck to my throat. I'm pretty sure I bled on that one. I had the throat equivalent of an ulcer in my esophagus for a couple of weeks.

Accutane= The Devil's Acne Treatment.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 10:45:33 am »
I've taken Aleve for about five years with no problem, but I make absolutely sure to drink at least 8 oz of water (preferably 16) whether I feel like it or not (cold water during cramps... :P).  It can definitely make you more prone to ulcers, but it's the best one out there for me.  The only other pain medicine that is at all effective is Tylenol (Acetaminophen, also the main ingredient in Midol), which did do a number on my stomach after years of use.  Aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Excedrin... none of them work.  I've heard of Tylenol not working for other people, so it just depends on the person...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:50:25 am by Kurohime »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »
Tylenol does nothing for my headaches.

Taking Aleve is fine so long as you take it smartly.

On a completely unrelated topic, I bought some bra stuffer boobies for Sailor Moon today from JoAnn's, and they're really fun. Hahaha. I recommend them for people who want a little extra punch in their female cosplay. Something like $13?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 06:41:51 pm »
I cant swallow pills, I fear the day I get old and am on all sorts of meds.....
I have to reply on the wonders of liquid Tylenol for mine.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 08:23:46 pm »
@ kim, my great grandmother couldn't take many pills my grandma would crush them for her or she would take them with a bit of butter or jam.   Have you Ever tried taking a pill with a bite of food in your mouth you ve chewed and are about to swallow?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:20 pm »
Accutane= The Devil's Acne Treatment.
OMG that stuff should not be used.  It really messes with you.  (Does however dry your skin up..... not worth it imo)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 11:51:32 pm »
i never take any medicine because my cramps arent really that bad. that and i cant take pills. DX

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2010, 09:43:10 pm »
yessss! my monthly present came today so that means i wont have it during Kcon!!! WOO!!

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2010, 09:53:16 pm »
I'll probably have mine during K-con. D: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2010, 10:07:55 pm »
that sucks! DX

i'm really glad mine came today because it would totally mess up my lavi cosplay if it happened during kcon. the only bad thing is that i'm doing some work at a flower shop by moving tables starting tomorrow until the 31st and it will really suck having to do that with cramps. but its MUCH better than the alternative!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »
Whoo people having their periods!

*jam session*
<('-'<)
(>'-')>
~(^-^)~

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2010, 10:15:31 pm »
yay!

(>'-')>
<('-'<)
*sits down*

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2010, 10:16:14 pm »
Hahaha. That's awesome.

*quietly sneaks off to bathroom while toting purse discreetly*

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2010, 10:20:44 pm »
AUGH! i hate having to do that! once, i was in class and i raised my hand to go to the bathroom to take care of some 'lady business' and i took my backpack with me and people were like "why are you taking your backpack? you gonna skip?" so i just yelled "REASONS!" and speed walked out of the room! DX then i sneaky snaked my way back into class when i was done. XD

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:27 pm »
im pretty sure Im having mine during the con ;A; i have been lucky but now Im probably gonna have to face it this time...
hopefully it decides to come early

Although I have never had many problems with my periods. Im super tiny and my periods are always light so I never have really bad problems with leakage on my clothes and stuff. Im usually fine if i dont get cramps.
:< I have cramps sometimes tho. Hopefully they wont happen this time :x

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:55 pm »
HEY GAIZ WHAT'S GOIN' ON IN HE-

My periods used to be very, very, very bad. They would leave me bedridden and crying for days at a time and were coupled with a horrid flow that was no fun whatsoever. Now I just go absolutely nutters the week before my period and have a fairly regular flow that is so much better than what I used to have. My cramps are still hell though. If I don't heavily medicate it hurts to think for a week. But the best way I've found to deal with periods while at con is to simply medicate, make sure you keep that on hand at all times, try not to be too fed up with the drooling apes you're surrounded by and kill them and get a good straight-up eight hours of sleep every night. It will save your life. Or at least your sanity.

Offline NyappyNana

• Cabbit
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:43 pm »
This might sound weird, but for me, eating frozen blueberries or frozen blackberries at the start of the day and then I'm pretty good the rest of the day. ^^

I don't know why it works... but it does really well! (o^_^o)b
K-con 2010~
Day 1 - Vocaloid~ Hatsune Miku 95%
Day 2 - Kuroshitsuji ~ Black 90%
Day 3 - Kuroshitsuji ~ Sebastian 95%

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »
But the best way I've found to deal with periods while at con is to simply medicate, make sure you keep that on hand at all times, try not to be too fed up with the drooling apes you're surrounded by and kill them and get a good straight-up eight hours of sleep every night.  [/size]
HEY!!! Who you calling a... Okay nvm, you are probably right about the drooling.  But only HALF the time.. at least.  But not always!!!

Hopefully everyone can just eat blueberries and you will all be happy clams the whole time ^.^

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »
Just started mine, which means no periodcon! whoohooo!!
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2010, 05:17:44 pm »
PERIODCON LOLOL

I'm not sure....I might have periodcon D:
But it doesn't effect me at all so whateveaaa

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2010, 04:08:54 pm »
D: Very good chance that I will be on my period during con...

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm on my period & PMSing, my boobs get bigger and I have to go up to a DD unless I want to squish myself in a D...
And they've already started to grow. DX
So I'll either be PMSing (if I'm not already now. XP Haven't really been around people to notice) or on my period during con.
Lovely, right? ~ 3~

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »
D: Very good chance that I will be on my period during con...

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm on my period & PMSing, my boobs get bigger and I have to go up to a DD unless I want to squish myself in a D...
And they've already started to grow. DX
So I'll either be PMSing (if I'm not already now. XP Haven't really been around people to notice) or on my period during con.
Lovely, right? ~ 3~
you might not be the only person having a period con this year ; 3 ;

IM HOPING MINE WILL COME ASAP
but its Tuesday already ; 3 ;

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »
D: [/huggles meep]
Hopefully it will be late...?
I'd rather it be late than on con.

Hopefully like..a week or two late for me. ; 3;
I don't want it on Orientation for my college, either! Cause I'll be grumpy ALL day around people I have to deal with for at least three and that's a bad first impression...

So bring on the stress to make it late! D<

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2010, 04:39:22 pm »
Same here guys, I'm getting the signs. ; ^ ;

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2010, 04:48:40 pm »
I will be free of the red tide! Yahoo! But, as per usual with conventions, I've stressed myself out so much that a familiar scratch in the back of my throat has come back.

Whoo hoo con-colds.

...Ah, crap.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2010, 05:00:58 pm »
I've stressed myself out so much that a familiar scratch in the back of my throat has come back.
Oh, Hypnos, I have this. My will overpowers everything though. I have been holding off several colds all summer due to construction work. There is no way I will succumb to the sickness now.
On another note, I'm going to have my period at the con... And I am wearing white pants... shoooooot... *Crossing fingers in the hopes that nothing will ruin my cosplay*
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2010, 02:08:40 am »
What's with all the bleeding at the con? D8

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline stardustninja

• Cabbit
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, 04:55:19 pm »
well you see in a way Mother nature is nice to me because I usually only bleed to near death every other month and I'm not even taking some sort of pill, I think it might because of my poor diet or i have some sort of terminal illness that I'm going to die from..... Should I go the doctor my mom says its no big deal though but IDK? But Mother nature hates me because when ever I make plans for something like camping it comes back. my birthday was only a few days ago and I thought I would get a birthday gift from her but I didn't so....

but really do you think I should go the doctor, its been like this for almost a year now  :-[
Cosplays 2011
Black-Pokemon black and white(the male trainer)
Poland- Hetalia

I'll do couple pictures for cash, its like prostituting myself but not.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 05:49:11 pm »
Periodcon, woo!

FML.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:42 am »
stardust, periods differ for every woman. You're probably fine, but if you feel like it's really a problem, it might be a good idea to see your doctor. The only thing I feel you need to realize is that your doctor might request a pap smear. In case you don't know, a pap smear requires you to get butt naked in that little cloth gown and have your doc go inspect your hoo-ha. Your doc takes a little stick, scrapes the inside of your vagina, and that's pretty much it.

I've had it done. It's horribly awkward, but it's really not bad at all. It's a good idea in general just to make sure everything is functioning fine (and actually its part of a woman's yearly physical). It doesn't hurt at all (at least it didn't for me), and I'm sure your doctor would be very kind about it. Even if you see a pediatrician, some peds doctors do these.

Now this does NOT mean that a pap smear will happen. I'm just saying you might want to be aware of the possibility. Usually a special appointment is made for that sort of thing.

Can you tell I work in a clinic? I work in a clinic. The exact clinic where I had my pap smear. I was prodded gently, scraped politely, got dressed, and walked about fifty feet from my doctor's office to my desk. Awkward. And mildly hilarious.

I seriously won't be able to look at you guys in your outfits without wondering whether or not you have the need for a maxi pad or a tampon.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2010, 12:50:31 am »
Wow, this topic if beautiful, just through I would say!
As well as that I might be having said issue this con, just as I did last year.
I always get it either the very end of the month or the very begining. XD Kumo is in the jurisdiction every year.
So the very last day, last year, WITH NO PROTECTION in site and in a boys room... and wearing a white cosplay. XD I had my dot, Was such master. GOOD THING THAT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM THIS YEAR!
8D Zuko is red and Russia's a thick coat. XD Heat stroke may occur, but no bleeding. ^^;;;;
D: Lets just hope mood swings aren't all stupid.
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2010, 07:21:31 am »
Mine's about 4 days after con. <3<3<3<3<3  :-*
I miss 2010.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2010, 10:36:42 am »
I was getting really worried that I was going to start RIGHT as con began, but thankfully the stars alligned and I got it almost a week early on Sunday, which means yesterday was the last day of my cursed gift.

Funny story, last year my friend started on the second day and forgot to grab pads, so she sent me down to the little shop in the hotel to get her some. So I walk in and look around for a bit before asking the lady at the counter where the pads are, she then seriously looks at me and was like "pads of paper?" I tried to explain to her the kind of pads but she kept getting embarrassed and going "I'm not sure what you mean...." I face-palmed so hard.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2010, 11:43:00 am »
stardustninja- you don't have a terminal disease!  Your hormones are probably just a bit out of whack, and maybe you do need to eat better and reduce your stress levels, if you have a lot going on.  Try cutting out junk food and seeing if that helps, get proper sleep, all that fun healthy stuff nobody gets enough of. 

I lived with my grandparents for a while years ago.  It was a very awkward day the day I forgot to stock up ahead of time and needed to go to the store on Sunday, and explain exactly why it was necessary to go right now to my grandfather.  Hilarious in hindsight though! 

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2010, 03:20:30 pm »
Luckily, I have not had my menstrual cycle during any convention I have attended. This year might be different, but since my period has been irregular for the past six years, I'm not worrying... yet. >.>
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2010, 06:11:13 pm »
I think I'ma start mine tomorrow or something, lololol, which is GOOD AND BAD.
Good because I always break out like, a week before it happens, and now my face is nice and clear for the con~
Bad because it just is.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2010, 08:02:43 pm »
I swear to god the forum gods are against me trying to post this:

Does anyone want me to keep tampons and pads handy at my table just in case there's a sudden need for them? I have an Artist Alley table under the name Rocket Sushi Studio.

It would be no problem.

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2010, 09:43:00 pm »
So my uterus decided to surprise attack me. Looks like it's a periodcon for me!
@Lychee: THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA, mainly because I could then walk up to your table and act as if we were trading drugs. "Hey....you got the stuff?"
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2010, 09:57:39 pm »
And I'd be all "Who's askin'? Depends on what you're talkin' about. You want light stuff or super stuff? I've even got the finest Columbian super plus stuff that's non-scented".

Since, like I said, I'm part of Rocket Sushi Studio, I was thinking of using the term "Cotton rocket" as code. I know buying tampons and pads can be really embarrassing so I don't mind helping people out.

I'm so totally for doing this, but I really don't want to be your period supply for the entire convention (Like you only get your tampons from me, not like a situation where you had some and then ran out or had an unexpected flow). If you guys could please bear that in mind, it'd make me happy.

Tampons and pads are expensive. ಠ_ಠ Yay, coupons!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:11:14 pm by lychee-twist »

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2010, 11:09:23 pm »
I started today. D:

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2010, 12:31:46 am »
I have only like, a few pads left, but thanks to babykillerpills, I have very light periods now, so I might just steal one from you during the entire con xD;
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2010, 12:43:49 am »
Lychee : ^^ That is very generous of you!

I haven't started yet but I only have like..four pads left.
I'm going to raid my mom's bathroom for more before I leave just in case.
If I end up needing more than I have, I'll surely pay you for what I use, Lychee. It is only right in my mind. ^^