Author Topic: Mother Nature Interruptions? (Girls Only Material)  (Read 33148 times)

Offline Hawk_Gyrl

• Sailor Scout
Re: Mother Nature Interruptions? (Girls Only Material)
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »
girls are getting it so young these days too! 7! that is like twice the age I was when I started.

I had tv to teach me about it.

...  in grade school they did have a unit on it but they left so much out they never mentioned blood.

... I think you mean half?

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 05:11:56 pm »
I feel bad for girls who start early. I started at around 10-11... I just know it was either the end of 4th grade or the start of 5th.

But maturing early is very bad and it increases the risk of vaginal cancer and breast cancer. So make sure those of you who mature early, like me, keep up on checking yourself. Make sure you rub your breasts and feel them to make sure they continue to feel the same. And make sure you sign up for a gyno appointment as soon as you feel you are ready.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 06:16:55 pm »
Yup that is what i meant
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »
My mom and sister are all like duuur huuurr 2 days
and I'm all like 6 DAYS OF PAIN
I know how you feel. :<

I started when I was like...12-13? I just know I was in middle school.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline RokusasuKun

• Cabbit
    • Tumblah~
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:23 pm »
For me, starting was the WORST thing.
6th grade. Right after Health class.
Guess what we were learning about that week.
YEAH >.<

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 12:37:19 am »
@Gryffinclaw Princess (too lazy to go quote the post, haha): Woah, are you serious about that problem there?  With the ripping?  That....isn't normal.  How old were you when it happened?  I can understand maybe your MUSCLES causing it to feel like that when you pull it out from being nervous, or being in a bad position in an already super sensitive area, but... There's still lubrication going on, even if you don't have a super heavy flow for the day.  I'm willing to bet that, assuming you did everything correctly (and your body was definitely mature enough to produce vaginal fluids other than period blood) it was muscles, or just somehow a bad tampon.  I always used the SUPER DUPER MONSTER SIZE tampons when I wasn't on BC, and old habits die hard... So when I used one of those on an incredibly light birth-control-period, obviously there was so little blood it was (honestly, no joke) a waste of a tampon.  This has happened more than once.  And while it can be a little uncomfortable it definitely shouldn't be painful.  I haven't had that problem before at all, even when I was first learning how to wear tampons.  Huh.  I'm honestly a little perplexed. XD;;; ...Are you okay now?

Oh, a couple suggestions for the youngins considering trying tampons?  Make sure you get the kind with a plastic applicator.  Cardboard applicator is acceptable, but really.  Plastic's the way to go.  It's as comfortable as you can possible get putting a hunk of cotton in you.  I personally haven't tried the applicator-less ones cause those weird me out.  But... it seems like it'd be hard to aim into the right spot.... and they're so tiny.  That can't possibly be effective fffff--- You also might want to get used to touching yourself, if you're not.  Not saying all of you should go masturbate (oops, it's getting naughty in here) but if you're in a shower or something, at least try to get a better idea of your anatomy down there.  Make sure you can at least *start* to feel comfortable with your hands in an area you might find somewhat uncomfortable or awkward, and don't freak out or make a big deal out of it.  It's just your body, and it's ALWAYS good to know what's up with you personally, since everyone's body is different.  Also, if you have a friend or a close relative who uses tampons, talk to them.  I know it seems awkward now, but they will help you.  ...It helps if they can't ever shut up, like me.  But I was able to talk a friend through the process of putting in a tampon the RIGHT way and yeah, it's a little weird but who cares?  In the end, you're helping someone out, or just being helped out with something that JUST SO HAPPENS to have to do with the vagina.  Bet it wouldn't be as awkward for some if we experienced week-long nosebleeds once a month (or more.  or less.  everyone's different!)

Also, if you're wearing skimpy cosplay or something with a tampon?  Don't cut the string.  You'll still be able to get it out, of course, but you're gonna be spending a loooot more time.  In some underwear, the bottom section of fabric won't actually be attached to the "body" of the underwear, so you can slip whatever string of tampon is leftover in that space if you're extra concerned-- but really, the sweat and fluids produced tend to make the string kinda... wad up, I guess, and in all my time using them I've NEVER pulled my pants down at the toilet to find a string poking out of my underwear.  It's not so bad! 

Have a hilarious pad/tampon ad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpypeLL1dAs (Worksafe, but do realize since it is about PERIODS you might want to lower the volume depending on your current...computer situation.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2010, 12:51:10 am »
Serika
I was like...iunno...old. XD
It was a few years ago but definitely after I started and I was in my teens.
My mom kinda told me how to put them in (she only uses them for her heavy flow months) and said I should try one.
And when I went to take it out it felt like it was just ripping me apart. It took me forever to get it out cause I had to stop cause of the pain. Finally I gave up and just had to rip it out. It hurt but I was sick of the constant pain trying to slowly get it out.
I'm fine now, of course, but I will never use one again. :/
But also, I'm pretty small down there naturally so maybe it was my size that was the problem. We only have the smallest tampons in the house cause even my mom as a full grown woman is very small (me and my brother were C-sections cause she crushed her pelvis in a motorcycle accident.). I don't know if I'm really just THAT small or if I did it wrong or what. But I was still pretty young kinda. I mean, I started at 10-11 as I said earlier but waited a good few years before trying tampons. So yeah...not sure why it happened but it rid me of any idea of ever trying them again. :(

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2010, 01:15:45 am »
First of all,

I love this commercial way more, because I have actually done something similar for a social experiment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXz9OcnRBYY

(work safe, but like the other commercial, says stuff...)

And umm.. while this is probably the most embarrassing story I have never told anyone really... I feel like you guys might appreciate it;

My mom was like me and really not okay with talking about this kind of stuff. I told her that
I'd started and she handed me some products and said to "read the instructions". Now to be
fair, this is probably the best advice anyone can give me as I will read the directions of ANYTHING
and I usually get a better idea of what to do than anyone just telling me.

However, In this instance I wasn't understanding a step or something. I was using tampons
with a cardboard applicator... and... well if you understand the mechanics of a tampon this
will make more sense but, I left the cardboard part in with it! (not the smaller cardboard
piece, the larger one that surrounds the tampon)

That was quite possibly the most UNCOMFORTABLE day I have ever had at school. And at
lunch I traded that for a pad and went the rest of the day deciding to swear off tampons
forever. I went home and re-read the directions... but it wasn't until a week later that
I figured out what I'd done wrong and tried again.. and I've been using them ever since.

----
So if you ever think you are weird... don't worry, I am sure there is a girl who has done
sillier things than you!
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2010, 08:22:45 am »
To avoid the period bloats if you get the pull back on your ramen intake, drink even more water than you normally do for cons, and eat lots of protien. I know for me cutting back on the salt and boosting the protien intake helps alot with some gut wrenching cramps I have had in the past. XP Also if your flow is gonna be heavy and you do suffer leaks but don't have the time for a full bathing experience right that minute but would still like to feel fresh. Well go old school and use some baby whipes or the girly adult version if you want to go that way but regular baby whipes are so multi purpose that it just seems easier to me! XD Also I know its been pointed out but no one likes to wash bloody towels of other people so as the Hitch Hikers of the Galaxy say always know where your towel is! Hmmm oh and for bigger girls out there! When it comes to pain pills check with your docter cause in some cases you can actually take more than is recommended on the bottle with no negative affects.
Secrety secrets!

Offline Saberchan

• Cabbit
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 10:43:01 am »

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 07:45:32 pm »
This happened to me every single con before AX.
Honestly. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.
Thankfully mine aren't usually painful and I don't have a heavy flow.
Taking a ibuprofen wouldn't hurt if you are on your period at con and have extra tampons/pads.
If your cosplay isn't bathroom friendly have a friend with you to help.
I prefer using pads cause you don't have to worry about them so much.
If you're staying at con or near it is always helpful, if you don't ask to borrow a friends for a few minutes if you have a large cosplay.
Public restrooms aren't the best place to do that sort of stuff.
But I'm probably not much help XD that's just my two cents

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »
Random male popping in here-

Honestly surprised no guy has tried to say anything in this topic, how many guys are actualy on this forum anyways??

Also:

How many of you have bit the bullet and continued on with your cosplay plan for the day even though whatever you were wearing for that outfit was totally inconvienent/wrong for your needs?

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2010, 08:32:14 pm »
I have...plenty of times. But when I started cosplaying, I didn't xD I was a total wimp.

and hey, what are you doing in here. you're not a girl : P
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2010, 08:34:53 pm »

Only on the outside.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2010, 08:39:00 pm »
Lovely, now men are going to crash our little world. :P

I've luckily never had the issue of my period during con. But I think this year I might. D8
Today is my last day for this month (I hope...) so I might actually have mine during K-Con.
And if not, then I'm going to have it during my First Year Introduction class at my college. D8
Either way I'm screwed this year...
But luckily none of my outfits this year are showy unlike most years. XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2010, 08:45:31 pm »
yeah! tho why would a guy be here everyone knows they are afraid of girls stuff!  ;)                  but no its a pain even if its a bad day, if there is something really fun that you have plans for you grit your teeth take some extra pain med ib profen main choice and make sure to have everything covered to minimize it. tho like if its like which day go grocery shopping or cleaning house, yeah that can wait till the pain stops

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2010, 02:18:40 am »

Only on the outside.
You are a brave man. YOU ARE ACCEPTED.
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2010, 02:47:16 am »
I talk about periods with my guy friends all the time. XD;; But you probably gathered from my posts I'll pretty much say everything.  NO BIG DEAL. 

If I was having a period when I'd already made plans for a skimpy costume, then I'd probably just wear a tampon since they're easier (to me, anyways, and much easier to conceal and less worry aaaa i really can't praise them enough----) and for backup, one of those liners made for thongs so there'd be no concern of any little wings or anything sticking out. 

OH, I remembered a great way to help with cramps my doctor told me awhile back.  Lay flat on the floor.  No pillows, DO NOT PROP YOUR HEAD UP... and I mean it when I say floor.  It needs to be a completely flat surface due to....your spine, or something.  I guess this causes the muscles to relax a lot, and helps the blood (the blood in your VEINS) circulate more evenly.  OR SOMETHING.  But it really works.  In my experience, there's a sharp increase in pain for several seconds, and then after a couple minutes the pain should be completely gone. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2010, 02:52:35 am »

..so there'd be no concern of any little wings or anything sticking out. 

Pads give you wings? I thought that was just Red Bull.

You are a brave man. YOU ARE ACCEPTED.

Thanks, I try.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2010, 10:18:08 am »
I talk about periods with my guy friends all the time. XD;; But you probably gathered from my posts I'll pretty much say everything.  NO BIG DEAL. 

If I was having a period when I'd already made plans for a skimpy costume, then I'd probably just wear a tampon since they're easier (to me, anyways, and much easier to conceal and less worry aaaa i really can't praise them enough----) and for backup, one of those liners made for thongs so there'd be no concern of any little wings or anything sticking out. 

OH, I remembered a great way to help with cramps my doctor told me awhile back.  Lay flat on the floor.  No pillows, DO NOT PROP YOUR HEAD UP... and I mean it when I say floor.  It needs to be a completely flat surface due to....your spine, or something.  I guess this causes the muscles to relax a lot, and helps the blood (the blood in your VEINS) circulate more evenly.  OR SOMETHING.  But it really works.  In my experience, there's a sharp increase in pain for several seconds, and then after a couple minutes the pain should be completely gone. 
I learned that after having to do relays back in middle school. I would go strip down to my bra and shorts and lie down on the cool smooth cement floor. Probably not the cleanest place but the chill of the floor and just the position really helped especially if you are like me and get fevers based through the torso when feeling ill. Gut wrenching cramps and an overheated stomach cavity lead to a love of cold flat places. Sometimes I would just fall asleep in our basement on my stomach cause it help cool me down and help with cramps simultaniously.
Secrety secrets!

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2010, 01:24:05 pm »
So what happens if you are on your period at con and there are a lot of cute guys you want to talk to.  Does your period effect any sort of interaction with the opposite sex?  Do you pass up opportunities to find a new friend/love because you feel like crap?  I know most of my friends would act weird and keep more distance on their period, even if they normally would let me get vary close.  Besides being moody, how will this effect us guys?

Oh and I know what stomach craps are like.  Had them all jr. high, even went to the doctor after a while because they got so bad I thought I was dieing or something.  My advice, VARY loose undies + bottoms.  Stay relaxed, lie down flat like the others said helps too.  Heating pads are great as well, but if you are already hot use a wrapped ice pack :)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28:35 pm »
It depends on the girl. Some girls stay away and others get closer. Some get crabby and others get...well...horny.
And Im serious. I know girls like that. :/

Just really depends on the girl.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2010, 01:44:09 pm »
I thought girls were suppose to be most horny the week before (cuz the egg is released), not on their period.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:44:18 pm by camname21 »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »
OMGLOLTHISCONVERSATION.

I like walking into girl's bathrooms in crossplay.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2010, 02:00:09 pm »
That is true. 14 days after we have our period, our eggs are released. This lands on our PMS times before our period. However, the egg does not leave the body until during the period. This normally will happen in the middle of the period time but can differ from girl to girl. A girl can actually get pregnant during her period if the egg has not yet left her body.
Its like a cat in heat. Our bodies still want to save the egg and have a baby.

Thus, some girls will become more agressive during this time as a natural instinct.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2010, 05:27:47 pm »
Good to know, I didn't remember how long it takes for the egg to make it's way out from sex ed.  Mmm, that was so long ago...

Offline katzen0466

• Oni
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2010, 08:11:26 pm »
I haven't made my way through all the posts, but I have to say that if you're going to buy a towel to use during your 'happy' time, should be BLACK.  Seriously ladies, black is a very forgiving color if you have trouble keeping control over Aunt Flo.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:26 pm »
Our bodies still want to save the egg and have a baby.

or we're just horny from increased bloodflow

@katzen0466 (and anyone else): That's true!  Since most period blood isn't going to be...bright red like your red towel, any stains left on black shouldn't be noticeable at all.  Although, unless you like to lounge around in your towel after taking a shower or bath, it shouldn't be TOO big a deal as long as it's any medium-dark color since it's not like turning a faucet on once you get out.  Occasionally I'll prefer to dry my naughty bits with toilet paper instead, if i'm not sopping wet after getting out.  This sentence sounds dirty.  But that way, there really isn't any way a large amount of blood would find itself onto the towel, especially if hotel white is your only option.  And you can just flush it. 
And it should be obvious, but don't flush tampons, applicators, pads, or any similar products down the toilet!  Even if it ain't your toilet, it'll eventually clog, and pity the poor person who has to potentially dig around in all the poop that your used tampon or condom clogged up.  I know cardboard applicators sometimes say "flushable!" but if toilet paper alone can clog up your home toilet sometimes, why make it worse? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:53 pm »
Tasha no want babies.
Tasha can't have babies.
Why does Tasha have a period if she can't have babies? D:

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:58 pm »
Tasha has eggs...Tasha can has babies... o 3o

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2010, 10:35:37 pm »
Nuuu.
I can't.
o ___ o
The doctors even said so...
Something about...It'd die...Shortly after being conceived. All my children would be like that, most likely.

WHY DOES TASHA HAVE THESE THINGS INSIDE HER!?
BE FREE LITTLE BABIES!
GO AWAY!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:36:14 pm by Mew*Haruko »

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2010, 10:39:09 pm »
^ O_O DAAAANG TASHA!!! But I dont want to give birth X(

Anywho... Oh goshers, I never really thought about that until now >o<

I've never had the 'Red Ninja' interrupt my con time, but now I've noticed that it usually strikes around the last week or first few days of the month, and since Kumoricon is around the first few days of September... OHHH GAWD ;A;
And both of my cosplays involve, skirts... UGHHH

I might bring extra pads then, and possibly wear thick shorts under my skirts.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:40:33 pm by agpgirl »
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:20 pm »
Quote from: Serika
This sentence sounds dirty.
Quite.

I also enjoy the nicknames we have for our periods.
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2010, 01:01:38 am »
I've never had the 'Red Ninja' interrupt my con time, but now I've noticed that it usually strikes around the last week or first few days of the month, and since Kumoricon is around the first few days of September... 
This sounds like a good original cosplay, 'The Red Ninja' now, pad or tampon...     Panties?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2010, 03:00:08 am »
I actually had this problem at Kumori back in 2008, but since then I've always been prepared. I carry ibeprophen with me always at cons and always have a stash of pads or know where I can get some immediately should the need arise. I also monitor the calendar 3 months in advance since my period tends to jump around sometimes. Sometimes it's at the end, sometimes it's at the start, and sometimes it's in the middle, though it always is a certain number of days apart generally.

I wear shorts under my skirts, and think ahead of bathroom issues. Binding and -going- to the bathroom are things that come to mind first with costumes. Wig is second lol.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2010, 10:53:46 am »
I've had my period during all three KumoriCon's I've been too. It sucks majorly, and I've got to figure out/plan how to deal with it this time moreso than the others...

I have two cosplays with unitards/skinsuits. Yeah >< And another's a leotard. Even worse ><
KumoriCon 2012

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2010, 07:30:45 pm »
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this (cuz I'm too lazy to go back and read it all lol.)..

....but maybe getting birth control and having it planned out so it doesn't pop up around con time?

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2010, 10:12:46 pm »
I've never had the 'Red Ninja' interrupt my con time, but now I've noticed that it usually strikes around the last week or first few days of the month, and since Kumoricon is around the first few days of September... OHHH GAWD ;A;
And both of my cosplays involve, skirts... UGHHH

I might bring extra pads then, and possibly wear thick shorts under my skirts.

mine is the exact same way! DDDDX luckily i dodged having the "red ninja" attack last year but who knows about this year DX

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »
Mewmew - ;O; ILU.

Agpgirl - Me neither! > n < And same here, lolol.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2010, 11:27:33 pm »
one thing i'm worried about is my Lavi cosplay's pants. they're mostly white. i think my black biking shorts will look okay under them.

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 12:21:10 pm »
Thankfully, I've never had my period during a con time, but I'm always afraid.
I started mine when I was in 6th grade, so about 2 years ago. Maybe 3.
And it's still irregular. Sometimes I will go 3 months without having it, sometimes I will have it twice in one month.
So I always worry.

My cramps are just horrible. It feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife and twisting it. Oii vei.
I bloat like crazy, too, that sucks because my cosplays fit me JUST RIGHT, but when I bloat, they are too small. Dx

I don't get headaches or mood swings, but I do get hot flashes, or whatever they are called.
I recommend seeing a doctor. Having periods THAT irregular is not normal, and is doctor-appointment-worthy.
Also birth control can help regulate periods. BIIIIRTH CONTROOOOOOOOL

Actually, it depends on the woman really. Sometimes hormones in women haven't quite worked out, and periods can come at irregular times. Some women become constant with the every 28 days, and some women never do. It just depends on the person.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:25:31 pm by CharlotteElbourne »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 10:23:32 pm »
I hear from Dr. like people that its all about how consistent your diet, exercise, and stress levels are.  Example: If you lead a fairly regular (boring-for short) life you will be a lot more stable.  If you are a crazy person who does random and exciting things all the time it may be off a bit now and then.  You mess with your hormones and have poor eating habits and all goes crazy.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 10:53:03 pm »
My flawless no-leak menstruation recipe:

Super plus tampon changed every couple of hours paired with a thin maxi pad. If I'm wearing a skirt, biker shorts go on underneath.

I've had horrible experiences with unprepared bleeding when I was younger so I've learned that if you're not sure you can make it to a bathroom or an area where you can change your stuff out, then double up with a pad and a plug.

The nice thing about liners and tampons over maxi pads is that true, thick maxi pads tend to bunch up after a while, and I always feel like I look like I have a penis or something just because of the bulk.

As far as cramps/headaches go, I don't have that much any more. Usually I just popped a couple of Advil and was fine. Advil has ibuprofen in it which is an anti-inflammatory and good for headaches and general ick. Women-geared over the counter medicine (meaning you can buy it without a prescription) like Midol actually have the same stuff as Tylenol (acetaminophen) as well as caffeine. Caffeine boosts your metabolism which is why some of you gals might need to take a whizz a lot after drinking a lot of coffee or caffeinated tea.

Oh yeah. Birth control is AWESOME when it comes to pms/menstruation. I'm like clockwork now. Less problems. Less bleeding, and I know when stuff's going down. I highly recommend it to people who have menstruation issues. Many people take it for that and not just to avoid pregnancy. It's too late now to be get on birth control to be effective in time for the convention, but for general "I feel yucky and advil isn't working" pms stuff, it might be worth speaking to your doctor about. HBC (hormonal birth control) comes in many forms and can be really cheap.

For those of you on HBC, a word of advice: If you find out that you are due for your period during the con, do NOT just skip the placebo week for your period and continue on to your next pack. I tried this to dodge my period during a trip to Hawaii and ended up with a very light but still very much there two-week period. It was so frustrating.

I feel it is very safe to say that diet and exercise have an effect on your period, and I personally know many nurses who would agree with me.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2010, 06:20:04 pm »
yeah stress has so much control over it, I missed like 7 periods in a row after my best friend died

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2010, 07:48:48 pm »
That sucks. That really sucks. I hope things are much better now.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »
Wow 7?  I've heard like 3 or 4 from friends, but that is a new record.  That sure sounds like a pain.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2010, 11:57:01 am »
I just realized that this thread exists. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT UP A LONG TIME AGO. My friends and I always have this conversation beforehand to see who has to suffer mother nature's wrath during a convention. Luckily I haven't had it happen to me yet, but one of my poor friends has had her period at nearly every convention we've attended. Just stay hydrated, change pads/tampons regularly (times differ depending on which product you're using), etc. I definitely make sure that I always have Midol on hand because my first two days are freaking hell (I've even cried a few times, ugh). Of course we're all different. The best thing you can do is take care of yourself. Cosplay is great but your health pretty much trumps anything.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2010, 12:58:15 pm »
I know how you feel with that two day thing. Mine's mostly the first though.
I spend the first day locked in the bathroom and I turn it into my own little safe house.
We have a big bathroom so I just drag stuff in there and live in there for the day.

I know it sounds weird but it's a necessity for me. The pain is so bad I will sometimes vomit and I prefer to throw up in the bathroom and not in a trashcan.
Luckily I haven't thrown up in a while but the pain is still pretty bad to the point I don't like to move.
Once a few years ago I had to crawl everywhere cause the pain was so bad I couldn't walk straight. :/

And yeah, a lot of you are going to say to go get pills but I have some already. I just use them sparingly cause of how expensive they are and in those cases I did but they are horse pills so they take a bit to kick in. Thus, I still get some nice pain before the relief comes and I can run downstairs and sit with a heating pack on my stomach the rest of the day.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2010, 11:31:58 pm »
^I'm no medical professional, but I can't help but feel that HBC would help you with this one. That just sounds way too uncomfortable for me. I would've seen the doc a long time ago if my cramps made me vomit, but that's because I'm most likely an emetophobic I've seen ladies with strange angles in their arms, and done preeetty well all things considered,  but someone vomits and I am the freak outta there. Ask my best friend. She can tell you all kinds of stories. I just can not deal with it for some reason.

Speaking of heat wraps, I bet you for those of you who will be crampy over K-Con, those heat wraps that stick on to your back would probably be awesome. The only drawback is you'll probably get sweaty. Better than being achy.

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 12:40:34 am »
My friend had that same problem for awhile. And each time...she was at my house. She had severe vomiting and major cramps, and it was all due to extreme stress. D8 I don't know you personally, and don't know if the stress thing applies to you, but I would suggest taking a few lazy days before your period.
Kumoricon '16 cosplays: