Author Topic: Turn A Gundam US Release!?  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
Turn A Gundam US Release!?
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:34:25 am »
So I just saw the poll on MAHQ.net asking "will you buy the U.S. release of Turn A Gundam?" Getting excited I did a Google search and, while I found no concrete proof of a US release, I did see a screen shot from the Bandai Twitter that hinted at it, and a few websites that confirmed that Bandai has acquired a license for a US release "in the future".

Does anyone know anything else about this? Or is anyone as excited as I am if this is true? :P

If it's true it's going to be friggin' epic. I love this series-- watched the Japanese version around a year ago and fell in love with it. I've been hoping for a US release for years.
But, of course, I am a total Gundam geek...

If it comes out here in the US you can bet I'm going to be one of the first to buy it... XD
I just hope that they use the English voices of Loran and Gym in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 for the English dub release (assuming it is dubbed, which it probably will be, seems like Bandai releases usually are). The voices in that game seemed to be a perfect match for the characters...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:37:09 am by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline gw82

• Cabbit
Re: Turn A Gundam US Release!?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:36:16 pm »
well i am a big gundam fan so i am looking forward to getting it, but i am looking forward to the seasons they did not relise yet like ( X , DUBBLE ZATA AND V). Dont get me wrong i am looking forward to turn a but its going to be i think a littile lack lusster compared to the other gundam shows. From what i have read about it thats how it was in japan too. its more of a retro gundam story line and thats not as cool as most of the hard hitting gundam shows.  I AM JUMPPING UP AND DOWN FOR GUNDAM UNICORN THOUGH 
Heero Yuy
                The One and Only

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:07:23 pm »
Mm, dunno, I though Turn A was an excellent series. I've always heard that it went over pretty darn well in Japan and was one of the most popular Gundam series over there (not the most popular, but one of). But I love the series so I'm just happy to see it finally making its way over. Took 'em long enough.

But yeah, I'd like to see a US release of ZZ Gundam. Not sure why Bandai would release Zeta but not ZZ... Ah well.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:08:09 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline gw82

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:03:42 pm »
hay i love talking gundam with my fellow gundam heads you want to meet at con and talk gundam some more
Heero Yuy
                The One and Only

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:00:21 pm »
If I go to Kcon this year, sure. Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing the ticket this year after just getting back from Star Wars Celebration V.

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:55:29 pm »
I am looking forward to some Turn A.

It's one of my all time favorite designs and stories.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 01:46:46 pm »
Indeed. It's one of my favorites as well, right behind the original "Mobile Suit Gundam". :)

This Year's Cosplay: