Author Topic: The Karaoke Contest Rules Thread  (Read 6754 times)

Offline GaleWolf

• Cabbit
    • http://www.karaokekaizokudan.net
The Karaoke Contest Rules Thread
« on: July 26, 2005, 01:43:40 am »
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Hank and I am the head of the KKD. We're a group which has been running Karaoke at various west coast conventions for a few years now, and I'd like to thank Imari for giving us the opportunity to help put on a fun and enjoyable Karaoke event at Kumoricon this year.

A few quick notes:

We'll start contest pre-registration on Monday, August 1st. Sometime that night, we will post the link to sign up for the contest.  We should also have a list of songs up at that time.

To be guaranteed a chance to compete in the contest, you should pre-register. We will try our best to take at-con signups, but if there is a lot of interest, people who pre-registered for the contest get first priority.

I'll have more info soon. In the meantime, if you have any basic questions about Karaoke or the contests, feel free to ask!

thanks,
-Hank
Karaoke Kaizoku-dan: "Under our flag, we sing in freedom..."

Offline StOrMy_LoLiTA

• Oni
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:41:55 pm »
O_O! Hank! *glomp* I didn't think I'd see you at this con! ^_^ It'll be my first time @ Kumori, but can't wait to see ya there!

Offline gshock99

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 11:17:14 pm »
if this question is already answered in the karaoke rules, i apologize but i didn't see it.  I'm planning to sign up online, and I will probably be bringing my own music.  When I sign up, will I need to know what song I will be performing?  Because I'm sort of torn between two songs now ^^; but i do want to sign up early.  it said we have to bring cds, will burned cds be okay?  thanks for the help

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 01:39:39 pm »
Just wanna say it's good to see ya rockin' the block up here, Hank.  :wink:

Offline StOrMy_LoLiTA

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 10:20:55 pm »
So where is the signup list at? I can't find it... :oops:

Offline gshock99

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 10:28:45 pm »
Quote from: "StOrMy_LoLiTA"
So where is the signup list at? I can't find it... :oops:

i don't think it's up yet... cuz i'm not seeing it either, on the homepage or the karaoke info page

Offline GaleWolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 10:56:05 pm »
I just posted the signup information here:

http://kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1373&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The song list will be posted by Wednesday. However if you are using your own music for the contest, you are free to sign up at this time.

P.S. Hi Mandy :-)

Offline GaleWolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 10:57:28 pm »
Quote from: "gshock99"
if this question is already answered in the karaoke rules, i apologize but i didn't see it.  I'm planning to sign up online, and I will probably be bringing my own music.  When I sign up, will I need to know what song I will be performing?  Because I'm sort of torn between two songs now ^^; but i do want to sign up early.  it said we have to bring cds, will burned cds be okay?  thanks for the help

You do need to specify the songs when you sign up, but you can change it when you check in for the contest.

EDIT: Also, burned CDs are acceptable.

Offline gshock99

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 10:58:39 pm »
Quote from: "GaleWolf"
Quote from: "gshock99"

You do need to specify the songs when you sign up, but you can change it when you check in for the contest.

awesome, thank you :D

Offline StOrMy_LoLiTA

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 02:33:21 pm »
Quote from: "GaleWolf"
I just posted the signup information here:

http://kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1373&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The song list will be posted by Wednesday. However if you are using your own music for the contest, you are free to sign up at this time.

P.S. Hi Mandy :-)

Hieee! ^_^ Hopefully I signed up in time to get a spot. See ya there!