Author Topic: Lacrimae - My webcomic  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
Lacrimae - My webcomic
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:00:08 pm »
Lacrimae is a webcomic I just started. The first page was actually a scrapped first attempt at screentoning, testing if I could do it for the FFIX doujin I'm making for my girlfriend. Now, many months later... I've picked it up again (hence the slight difference in style between the first page and the rest xDD;;;)

The story of Lacrimae is this...

On Yggdrasil, there are two kinds of people: the Virtuous and the Mundane. The Virtuous are blessed by the Goddess with one of the three Virtues: the ability to manipulate energy (Magic), the ability to manipulate matter (Alchemy), and extrasensory abilities (Sense). A small handful develop with two Virtues, a Major one and a Minor one. No one has ever had all three Virtues; most believe the sheer power would tear someone apart. Yet for the half second before Virtue awakens in someone, it is believed they possess power beyond all three. Virtues do not appear in someone until puberty, unless they undergo intense psychological or physical trauma.

Eden is one of the King's Reapers. It is his job to do the King's dirty work. Reapers are known to do back-alley deals, be 'loaned' out to nobles and high-ranking officers, even deal in assassinations. He is one of the rare individuals to possess two Virtues; a Major Magic and Minor Alchemy. He sold his soul for the money and power the Reapers are given. Become the King's dogs, and you can do pretty much anything you want. Except disobey the King, of course.

He did it to finance and gain the power to search for his brother Nicholai and closest friend, the Yggdrasil Princess Nephilim as well as find out who destroyed his family. Official records state that both died when the King's summer home and Eden's village were burned to the ground by an 'unknown group', yet only Eden and a handful of others know that the two had survived, but vanished soon after the attack. Even fewer know exactly how.

Regardless, Eden is running out of time to find them, and he knows it. Because of what he had to do the save the ones closest to him, Eden will never live to see his eighteenth birthday.

Here's the link, if anyone's interested!
http://mitsukaimizuamaya.deviantart.com/gallery/28052813
KumoriCon 2012

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Lacrimae - My webcomic
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:56:18 am »
Good start.  Would like to see some more introduction into the world, like you have explained here.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:30:04 pm »
Yeah; I plan to do a bit more explanation of that in the second chapter. Thanks though n.n
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Luxord

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:33:31 pm »
 :D :D :D i would so totally get this if it was a book  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D